BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 99 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say loyalty, Is it loyal to bring in players in the middle of the season and replace existing kids? Is that the kind of loyalty you mean?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schreiber has no loyalty. He is as cuttthroat as they get and his teams are still average at best

No Loyalty? I don't think you know Schreiber. Old school coach whose players would run through a wall for

They will run the through a wall because their parents are convinced he's the guy to get them to play in college. And no doubt he has that ability for some. His loyalty will be wholly dependent upon whether your kid has the chops to play in college. That's where his loyalty begins and ends. He's not your friend, he's running a business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say loyalty, Is it loyal to bring in players in the middle of the season and replace existing kids? Is that the kind of loyalty you mean?

Not saying that is correct, but we have a wonderful experience with LIE North. He plays to win and I believe he is upfront with players/parents about playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying that is correct, but we have a wonderful experience with LIE North. He plays to win and I believe he is upfront with players/parents about playing time

Funny to watch lots of pros and cons on just one program -- in reality probably just from 2-3 families since everyone is able to post anonymously.

Different strokes for different folks.

If your player is happy with his season - that's great. If not, use it as a teaching moment. Tryout season is here and your player has the great ability to change his path if he chooses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber has no loyalty. He is as cuttthroat as they get and his teams are still average at best

No Loyalty? I don't think you know Schreiber. Old school coach whose players would run through a wall for

They will run the through a wall because their parents are convinced he's the guy to get them to play in college. And no doubt he has that ability for some. His loyalty will be wholly dependent upon whether your kid has the chops to play in college. That's where his loyalty begins and ends. He's not your friend, he's running a business.

None of these guys are your friend - they are all running businesses. No different anywhere.

Given the amount of commits North has in the 18 and 19 classes it is difficult to argue that the teams are "average at best". In fact, the 18s just won NLF last weekend.

All of these programs have pros and cons. No sure North is any more or less cutthroat - PT cut plenty of kids last year too. The comment about replacing kids mid year? Not sure I have heard of that...adding kids due to many injuries? Absolutely, just like any other program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask any 2024 express north parent how many new kids showed up mid year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask any 2024 express north parent how many new kids showed up mid year

That tends to happen when players don't show up for tournaments The roster count usually stays the same. When you have a high commitment level from your players, that usually won't happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your probably right. Instead of 21 out of 25 showing, you add guest players in order to keep the necessary 10 middie & 6 attack requirement to get through a tourney. Remember though, it's the directors program . They can do what they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they can do what they want. Especially when those guest players didn't try out and probably aren't paying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty certain LIE North at one tourn had a handful of 2023 players after they were done play the second day in a game for the 2024 team. A variety of people were pointing it out. And it wasn't because there were not enough 2024 players. Likely connected to the fact that Scheiber was coaching the team that day. And he was screaming like an absolute lunatic at the players in a nasty way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've
Of course they can do what they want. Especially when those guest players didn't try out and probably aren't paying

My son has been a guest for 2 westchester clubs when they needed him, not North. Never paid. It's not unique to your club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And he was screaming like an absolute lunatic at the players in a nasty way.

If you think that's unique to your current situation - you are sheltered. You need to open your ears when you watch the other local program directors coach their teams. It's clear you have an axe to grind and can't let it go. You need to get out of the club. Guaranteed all sides will be happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unique? Here's one I heard from a parent who's son is with the club program at an older age group: Guest players showing for a tournament , then the coach asks the kids who start on the team to give the guest players their jerseys because the guests are now starting over them. And to top it off, I was told the guest players added no value.

Loyalty- zero, confidence in team= zero, wimp move= 100%

Sheltered? You were probably the kid growing up that was forced to brush your teeth with elmers glue and told it was toothpaste and good for you.

Your a moron and desperate if you think that's OK when a team is not down players and just brings in guests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unique? Here's one I heard from a parent who's son is with the club program at an older age group: Guest players showing for a tournament , then the coach asks the kids who start on the team to give the guest players their jerseys because the guests are now starting over them. And to top it off, I was told the guest players added no value.

Loyalty- zero, confidence in team= zero, wimp move= 100%

Sheltered? You were probably the kid growing up that was forced to brush your teeth with elmers glue and told it was toothpaste and good for you.

Your a moron and desperate if you think that's OK when a team is not down players and just brings in guests.

If your son's team brings in guest players when they don't NEED a kid here or there to cover some sort of numbers issue and you don't leave that team at your first legitimate opportunity - you really only have yourself to blame. If they asked kids to give up their jerseys to guests and you didn't quit that day - I simply can't understand why not. Maybe not make a scene and storm off, but my God - why would you ever go back? Sorry - I know switching teams can be a real pain but...

My kids have "helped" other teams at certain Tournaments. First question as a parent of an invited guest player should always be - "will he be taking time away from any of your kids or are you really that tight for kids?" Obviously, by being there, your son is taking some minutes, but if he is player 18+/- there's plenty of run for everyone. If greater than that #+/-, he is "taking minutes" and they weren't in need of anything - they just wanted to have a few stronger players. It's pretty obvious if they were telling the truth about it. Integrity is a [lacrosse] folks and it cuts both ways. Programs should have it - parents should too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you described Never happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"......Sheltered? You were probably the kid growing up that was forced to brush your teeth with elmers glue and told it was toothpaste and good for you.

Your a moron......"

I hope your son has been equipped with handling conflict better than you. This has been an entertaining exchange for an otherwise boring Friday morning. You are so twisted about it. Chill out. Who looks like the moron?

Secondly - and much more importantly in the scheme of life - I wish your son nothing but good luck in his try outs in another program that will better suit your needs and makes him happy. Cheers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just have to respond to the post about the person who is "pretty certain" Express North 2024 added 2023 players to their team on the second day of a tournament. I am sure this "variety of people" are Primetime parents and they are referring to the last game of the Big 4 HHH tournament. It did not happen. It was the exact same team that Primetime beat earlier in the season. It is a healthy rivalry, please don't take the win away from the kids because they earned it
on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LarryM making it personal- no reason to call anyone a moron while you spread second hand information. Lets look at the situation another way. We now have 2way, Eclipse, Primetime, Chargers and Express North for our kids. All very different good programs that our kids get to choose from. Eclipse and North are part of the NLF so you get to play against the strongest teams each weekend. Primetime, Chargers and now 2way play tough schedules. Nice choices for our kids- sure beats 5 years ago when the Ct Chargers were the only team in town

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"......Sheltered? You were probably the kid growing up that was forced to brush your teeth with elmers glue and told it was toothpaste and good for you.

Your a moron......"

I hope your son has been equipped with handling conflict better than you. This has been an entertaining exchange for an otherwise boring Friday morning. You are so twisted about it. Chill out. Who looks like the moron?

Secondly - and much more importantly in the scheme of life - I wish your son nothing but good luck in his try outs in another program that will better suit your needs and makes him happy. Cheers.

Really. Have an opinion but what benefit to anonymously attacking an anonymous person. That's just sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being mean, just truthful, what A tourney has tristate 2024 played in? They play in C tourneys at best. Against mostly b/c teams

They play in B/C tourneys. As they should, as that fits the team. Not making a mean dig. No sense playing LI or Westchester teams just to get destroyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on Eclipse tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple pretty decent kids on that tristate 91 team, not sure why they pay all that money to play against mediocre to average teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of LMYL kids on that 91tristate team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime is also in the NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont understand the gratuitous need to speak negatively about 91 TS 2024. The organization is only 3 years old, and its getting better. The 2024 team, which is being commented on, had a winning record by a considerable margin. Other than PT and Express North, which Westchester team is better at this age? I don't buy that Preds are. Preds play completely different tournaments and travel more - I don't know that they are at top tournaments either - just different tournaments. Some of the CT teams are better, but they are CT teams, and may not be proximate to the families on 91 TS.

Which tournaments should they have gone to? There are really only a handful of A teams up and down the coast from Boston to DC. Yes, those teams would crush them, as they would crush everyone else. Outside of that small, elite pool, 91 TS 2024 does more than fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont understand the gratuitous need to speak negatively about 91 TS 2024. The organization is only 3 years old, and its getting better. The 2024 team, which is being commented on, had a winning record by a considerable margin. Other than PT and Express North, which Westchester team is better at this age? I don't buy that Preds are. Preds play completely different tournaments and travel more - I don't know that they are at top tournaments either - just different tournaments. Some of the CT teams are better, but they are CT teams, and may not be proximate to the families on 91 TS.

Which tournaments should they have gone to? There are really only a handful of A teams up and down the coast from Boston to DC. Yes, those teams would crush them, as they would crush everyone else. Outside of that small, elite pool, 91 TS 2024 does more than fine.

Outside of one post saying 2024 91Tri only plays in "C tourneys", i don't think anyone was bashing this team. Statements match what you're stating here-- they are an OK team, have been together a while, do pretty well, and know their limitations. Actually, that should be the goal of all club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea where most of Superstar 2022 team is going? They were that programs strongest team. Core staying together or just scattering?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to see that Jeff Bramier (Darien) is joining up with Express North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he folding Chargers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he folding Chargers?

The Chargers site says he is stepping down as Director to return to coaching. Not sure when that was posted but hard to believe he will coach for another program but give up control of Chargers but still own them. I have to imagine whatever deal he cut with Express results in all of the Chargers coaches moving to Express along with the Chargers players. Looks to me he made a biz decision. Sold his book and cashed out. Good move by him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No word on that but it doesn't look good for Chargers. Are they now part of Express North in Westport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No tryouts posted yet although they always were late August so no surprise. Also no coaches listed on website so assumption is CT Chargers will be Express Westport and top players will slide over to Katonah or Eclipse. On my sons team 4 kids trying out at Eclipse and 2 trying out for PT. Rest going to Express Westport or hoping new Chargers rises from ashes...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got an email from Express North with the Brameier announcement. It also notes that the 2018 and 2019 teams have more D1 commitments than any other programs in Weatchester and CT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Chargers are done. I hope coaches can run Westport location like Chargers was run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Warrior All-American tourney? Supposed to be a nat'l tourney of region vs region. Happens this weekend at UMass. Tri-State has a 2021, 2022 and 2025 team entered. But no rosters or coaches shared unlike LI region. From the info gathered hard to know who was in charge or why certain ages left off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The director of Superstars is now part of Prime Time and will be coaching their 2024 team. All their top players will be moving to PT or at least trying to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior all America games was a bust for every region but Long Island . They had to combine regions. Great concept. But triple the price of Brine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The director of Superstars is now part of Prime Time and will be coaching their 2024 team. All their top players will be moving to PT or at least trying to.

Both teams terrible at 2024

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both teams are terrible compared to which other local team? Express north 24 is a mess. , eclipse is very good. Best kids from superstars and best kids from prime time will be a great combination

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone provide some honest information about their experience with PT 2020 this season? Coaches, team dynamics, player development, recruiting efforts?

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 99 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard