BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Girls 2024 - Grade 5 Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]What a JOKE! Paying all that money to have a dad and mom coach the 2024 team at Laxin out loud. Call the police . We have been robbed!

I agree, the 2023 team has a daddy coach who knows nothing about LAX. And his kid never comes off the field. When is CR going to stop with this nonsense

Why would she do anything? You'll complain but be at tryouts in the fall.

No way. Just like some left last year we'll be leaving this year. Isn't the customer always supposed to be right? That's how a great business operates. Otherwise people won't patronize that business. It's already happening at the lower age groups. Plenty of other options out there. Daddy coaches are ok for PAL and volunteer teams but not when you spend a few thousand. So your telling me SG is making your kid a better player? Doubt it. Keep kissing [lacrosse]. Same thing with the 2024 mommy coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think fall bay bash was whoever registered to play from 2024 and 2025. Not the real 2024 team.

How is that different from any other organization? Aren't fall tournaments typically optional? Are the players not part of the organization? I have to admit, YJ nation always has a good excuse for when they don't live up to the "Elite" Hype.

My point exactly on why not to engage in this type of thread. It turns into a pissy contest. It is better to leave it alone. There is nothing to positive to gain.

Thats right, just bury your head I. The sand and let life pass you by. Great advice

It is great advice and thank goodness you are not a parent on the 2024 YJ team. You must be a joy on your sidelines. Does everyone roll their eyes when come around. You sound like the typical "cancer parent" on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think fall bay bash was whoever registered to play from 2024 and 2025. Not the real 2024 team.

How is that different from any other organization? Aren't fall tournaments typically optional? Are the players not part of the organization? I have to admit, YJ nation always has a good excuse for when they don't live up to the "Elite" Hype.

My point exactly on why not to engage in this type of thread. It turns into a pissy contest. It is better to leave it alone. There is nothing to positive to gain.

Thats right, just bury your head I. The sand and let life pass you by. Great advice

It is great advice and thank goodness you are not a parent on the 2024 YJ team. You must be a joy on your sidelines. Does everyone roll their eyes when come around. You sound like the typical "cancer parent" on the sideline.

you have just shown everyone that you are the fool. you wouldn't know good advice if it smacked you in the head. the yj 2024 b team is dysfunctional. you have no clue. clearly they cant evaluate talent and politics are the play. at least they're letting everyone know what the deal is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to watching some good Long Island teams playing this weekend without having to travel up the NJ Turnpike. It would be great to see a league like the National Youth Lacrosse league in Maryland where all the travel teams play each other over a season. I think it would benefit the girls amongst all the programs in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking forward to watching some good Long Island teams playing this weekend without having to travel up the NJ Turnpike. It would be great to see a league like the National Youth Lacrosse league in Maryland where all the travel teams play each other over a season. I think it would benefit the girls amongst all the programs in the long run.

The TG tournament at the end July is usually competitive but YJ would never go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking forward to watching some good Long Island teams playing this weekend without having to travel up the NJ Turnpike. It would be great to see a league like the National Youth Lacrosse league in Maryland where all the travel teams play each other over a season. I think it would benefit the girls amongst all the programs in the long run.

The TG tournament at the end July is usually competitive but YJ would never go.

True. I just feel that we, as Long Islanders, are missing out on something that can truly be beneficial for girl's lacrosse. Unfortunately some directors feel there is nothing to gain for themselves as an organization so they'll never do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. A league with all the travel teams is what Long Island is missing. Unfortunately to many egos involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2024 Williams took on all comers yesterday, definitely the top of the LI food chain. Not sure why Igloo thought the 2nd game would have had a different outcome, made the girls play for no reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Bandit 2024 team ? They knocked off Big Apple Elite ( Shannon Smiths team) Icon, and team 91 this weekend. They did loose to Igloo in the finals, but looked really good.

C'mon, really. Team 91 for girls in all age brackets can't compete with anyone except PAL

LMAO. So true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ 2024 Williams took on all comers yesterday, definitely the top of the LI food chain. Not sure why Igloo thought the 2nd game would have had a different outcome, made the girls play for no reason.

And this weekend Williams avoiding all competitive teams going to the All star express rather than going to the mid Atlantic summer championship with all the other YJ teams and Maryland teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So high up on the food chain that you feel the need to videotape the games. Really! You do know they are only 10 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So high up on the food chain that you feel the need to videotape the games. Really! You do know they are only 10 years old.

Yes Igloo dad, that high up. Now go back to playing 91, Bengals, Elevate, Leg A C along with the other PAL teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you won a couple of tournaments is it really necessary to bash all those other clubs? You must be one of the crazy dads yelling and screaming from the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Bandit 2024 team ? They knocked off Big Apple Elite ( Shannon Smiths team) Icon, and team 91 this weekend. They did loose to Igloo in the finals, but looked really good.

C'mon, really. Team 91 for girls in all age brackets can't compete with anyone except PAL

LMAO. So true

really ?! maybe some parents aren't crazy and chose not to be in a cult ! maybe they have more than one child in a sport and cant travel every weekend
why must you put down other teams if you don't understand the situation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you won a couple of tournaments is it really necessary to bash all those other clubs? You must be one of the crazy dads yelling and screaming from the sideline.

No, really only bashing Igloo. Their parents and crazy Syosset director (who dreams of one day beating a YJ team) made an agreement with our coaches that the last game of the round robin rounds would be for the championship. It was a long tourney in the heat and nobody wanted to sit around until 8pm waiting to play again. Lo and behold, after we smoked them, they forgot about the handshake agreement and made all of us sit around for another two hours......only to be smoked again. Waste of the kids time because AA is dying to win something, especially against YJ. No chance buddy, stay in you lane and stay on LI.

You are correct though, no need to bash those other clubs. While they don't compare to YJ, they are hopefully giving their kids and parents what they are looking for in a lax club experience. My apologies to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will blow up, coaches and players will change and parents will get tired of dealing with the arrogance displayed in your post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will blow up, coaches and players will change and parents will get tired of dealing with the arrogance displayed in your post

Nope, parents and kids get along great. Lots of team dinners while playing great competition down in MD, Delaware and NJ. Great summer had by all. Stick to boys lacrosse AA, apparently you've made some headway there. Having JC as an Igloo coach probably won't get your kid on Syo V, but at least he lets you talk to him. Just be careful if he stops short, you'll end up in an ugly place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, really only bashing Igloo. Their parents and crazy Syosset director (who dreams of one day beating a YJ team) made an agreement with our coaches that the last game of the round robin rounds would be for the championship. It was a long tourney in the heat and nobody wanted to sit around until 8pm waiting to play again. Lo and behold, after we smoked them, they forgot about the handshake agreement and made all of us sit around for another two hours......only to be smoked again. Waste of the kids time because AA is dying to win something, especially against YJ. No chance buddy, stay in you lane and stay on LI.

You are correct though, no need to bash those other clubs. While they don't compare to YJ, they are hopefully giving their kids and parents what they are looking for in a lax club experience. My apologies to them.

What a tool bag you are for a guy whose daughter rides pine. You would be better off keeping your mouth shut, diarrhea keeps spilling out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a poor display of sportsmanship by the 91 coach today in the final at Lacrosse by 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree. Coach must have known the scoreboard was wrong, but couldn't accept the loss. Only to end up losing in a BraveHeart at the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a poor display of sportsmanship by the 91 coach today in the final at Lacrosse by 3

That's one way to look at it. Another is parents losing their minds and screaming like 2 year olds needed to be put in their place. One thing is for sure if you are going to bring down ringers try and get a full uniform for them so it is not so obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good try detective. The player you are referencing has been on the team for 2 years. We can all lose our shorts sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because a 10 year old doesn't have matching shorts it means they are not on the team. Please, my kids have lost more clothing and equipment then I care to admit. And if they were trying to cheat I think they would have made sure the shorts matched.

What is sad is that your trying to deflect the attention away from the fact that every parent from both teams knew the score was incorrect and 1 team tried to let the refs and coaches know (albeit by yelling across the field), while the other sat idly by.

These children are 10/11 years old, a lesson in sportsmanship would have been more appropriate. Just curious how your coach explained that too the children after the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be coming from the women who sat there complaining about the calls the whole game and then in the next breath she's saying she doesn't know the rules. So, let me get this straight, different shorts = ringer not on the team. You know there goggles didn't match either. Can you imagine if she went to a boys game and saw all the different shorts and helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a tool bag you are for a guy whose daughter rides pine. You would be better off keeping your mouth shut, diarrhea keeps spilling out.

Good one, go back out to the playground.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a sanity check on how to properly size my daughters stick length. I currently have it cut for 36.5 inches. Parents are telling me that her stick length is too short and that it's messing up her hand placement. My daughter has a tendency to "power cradle" like a boy does (probably from watching me) with her top hand at the top of the head. I think the stick length is fine and that her mechanics are poor. Anyone know what a typical length is for an attacker/mid/def?

Any help would be greatly apprciated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told the stick should come up roughly to the bottom on the rib cage on the player. That is the guide I use with my girls if that is any help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the rule book..the minimum length is 35.5 inches and the maximum is 43.25 inches....but, the general rule of thumb is to put the butt of the stick in the girl's armpit and have her hold her arm out to the side, where her hand grasps should be just below the head after the handle has been cut. i typically have the parents leave the stick a little longer and see if that's workable - then they aren't buying another shaft after a growth spurt.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard