BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 62 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for a team that is centrally located between both counties and plays predominantly on long island. Any suggestions?

Express Oreilly was great experience for my son. Two St. Anthony's coaches running it next year. So pretty solid instruction.

Oreilly is a great coach. Not A team material though. He will teach the kids right. Problem is most kids will want to make the switch to the A team at some point and then he gets stuck with new kids every season. So every year it's back to square one. With Channy having an A and B team leaves Oreilly with a C team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a team that is centrally located between both counties and plays predominantly on long island. Any suggestions?

Express Oreilly was great experience for my son. Two St. Anthony's coaches running it next year. So pretty solid instruction.

Oreilly is a great coach. Not A team material though. He will teach the kids right. Problem is most kids will want to make the switch to the A team at some point and then he gets stuck with new kids every season. So every year it's back to square one. With Channy having an A and B team leaves Oreilly with a C team.

I doubt there will be 3 teams. My guess is the A team split up will not be equal and those kids cut from the A team will leave to other clubs A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no more drama on Blast. New coaching staff looks great to me. My son loves the kids and I enjoy the parents. I'm staying.

Who is the new staff that you think is so great?

Who is coaching rhe team? Is it a secret?

Brian O'Keefe is the HC. Pro Box guy, former NLL player, 9d1 Box director. Jimmy Mule will be helping out when his schedule permits. Couldn't be better, like a dream come true. Plus 9d1 is building out a new indoor space for winter practice, training and box. Should be done by October.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no more drama on Blast. New coaching staff looks great to me. My son loves the kids and I enjoy the parents. I'm staying.

Brian O'Keefe is the HC. Pro Box guy, former NLL player, 9d1 Box director. Jimmy Mule will be helping out when his schedule permits. Couldn't be better, like a dream come true. Plus 9d1 is building out a new indoor space for winter practice, training and box. Should be done by October.

That is good. But check the Duke and Penn St schedules,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 Lax great starting program

24 Lax great starting program

Please stop with the 24 bs.

The 2025 team had a great year guy. No drama like you read about with all these other programs. Great Coaching, Kids and Parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt there will be 3 teams. My guess is the A team split up will not be equal and those kids cut from the A team will leave to other clubs A teams.

Unlikely the kids cut from the A team will leave. The A team now has 35 kids. Lets say he takes 25 of those kids. If those 10 other kids leave he stands to lose at least $30k. It makes no sense from a business perspective. Create another team and stack it. That makes the original A team and Oreilly's team the winners!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is good. But check the Duke and Penn St schedules,

AMEN the savior is here now, take 3..LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember when JS put his name on the team so it wouldn't implode last year or the year before? And what happened? He abandoned the team without so much as an email (except those ridiculously juvenile ones the other day insulting the former coach) or expaination. Does this current charade sound vaguely familiar to any of you simpletons? You are being scammed, yet again, and you're falling for it hook, line and sinker. No one should be seriously considering this team. Blast is a wreck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor the Geese are finally getting rid of the SYAG scum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlikely the kids cut from the A team will leave. The A team now has 35 kids. Lets say he takes 25 of those kids. If those 10 other kids leave he stands to lose at least $30k. It makes no sense from a business perspective. Create another team and stack it. That makes the original A team and Oreilly's team the winners!

yes, but those parents will not accept the fact that they are not on the clubs top team. people stress over this crap. and there are clubs out there with a teams who aren't on the tier. so they can go there and make an mmediate impact on another clubs top team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That certainly would be a breathe of fresh air

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. These are FACTS so eat your heart out. Gillis staying on as assistant coach as well so there is continuity for the kids and parents. O'Keefe has many years of successful coaching and any parent should be psyched to have him in their child's development!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Create another team and stack it with?????

"My son is on the A team, no my son is". Too funny!

You will know what the A team is by following one kid. If you are not on that squad, start looking fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone is bitter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no SYAG scum on the Geese, all kids. Who
are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any truth to the rumor the Geese are finally getting rid of the SYAG scum?

are you talking about?[/quote DOES SYAG EVEN HAVE LACROSSE PLAYERS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any truth to the rumor the Geese are finally getting rid of the SYAG scum?

are you talking about?[/quote DOES SYAG EVEN HAVE LACROSSE PLAYERS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you talking about?

No truth to it at all. Why, do you want them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. These are FACTS so eat your heart out. Gillis staying on as assistant coach as well so there is continuity for the kids and parents. O'Keefe has many years of successful coaching and any parent should be psyched to have him in their child's development!

Don't hold your breath.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shore 2 Shore. Playing A competition, with a solid coach. My son plays for 2023 team and we have had zero to complain about. Looking forward to their expansion!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a mom of a Syag/ geese child that you are calling scum I have no words for you other than what would bring you to write about someone else's 10 yr old?
My child not anyone else's classify as scum!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not directed at the kids. You as well as anyone know the scum mentioned here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are you talking about?

No truth to it at all. Why, do you want them?

No thanks. You can kee em!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O'Keefe ran the Long Island Hurricanes spin off of 9di1. Ask those parents how well that went

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not directed at the kids. You as well as anyone know the scum mentioned here

Actually we don't! None of the those parents are a problem, maybe you have a problem with one of them. Position? SYAG scum is never mentioned on here. Only SYAG Team , which is made up of many kids from different travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O'Keefe ran the Long Island Hurricanes spin off of 9di1. Ask those parents how well that went

Truth. My son played on the Hurricaines. The program was the worst business I have ever seen. Run poorly, terrible communication and overall a complete joke.. Ask anyone, all true statements... That being said O'Keeffe is a very good and competent coach..He is a terrible communicator when pressed, but a very good lax coach..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are the clients along with our kids. Why can't coaches communicate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sean Speicer is available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Years ago before social media became so prevalent, coaches coached and parents were supportive fans. Parents were very unlikely to confront a coach face to face about why their child was not getting enough playing time. We all seem to think today that our child is the "best" and should get the most playing time, and when that is not happening, we fire out texts or an email and expect some kind of instant gratification from the coach. Coaches have other jobs and are busy with their families as well. It is time to be realistic. We need to tell our kids to work harder at practice, work harder at home in the back yard too and stop thinking they will get more playing time because mommy or daddy inundated the coach with pressure emails and texts. American children will become soft and feel entitled in that situation. I do not want that for my child, do you.....really? Speak to the coach only over problems you consider to be serious such as a safety issue. Stop coaching from the sideline and let the coaches coach. Don't complain on the way home how your boy should have gotten more time. Find something positive to say about their play that day. Tell your child to work harder and STOP holding his hand: You might be surprised at how much your son will improve if you do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Years ago before social media became so prevalent, coaches coached and parents were supportive fans. Parents were very unlikely to confront a coach face to face about why their child was not getting enough playing time. We all seem to think today that our child is the "best" and should get the most playing time, and when that is not happening, we fire out texts or an email and expect some kind of instant gratification from the coach. Coaches have other jobs and are busy with their families as well. It is time to be realistic. We need to tell our kids to work harder at practice, work harder at home in the back yard too and stop thinking they will get more playing time because mommy or daddy inundated the coach with pressure emails and texts. American children will become soft and feel entitled in that situation. I do not want that for my child, do you.....really? Speak to the coach only over problems you consider to be serious such as a safety issue. Stop coaching from the sideline and let the coaches coach. Don't complain on the way home how your boy should have gotten more time. Find something positive to say about their play that day. Tell your child to work harder and STOP holding his hand: You might be surprised at how much your son will improve if you do that.

Spoken like a former Blast coach! So true, though. Blastards should read that very closely. This is why you can't keep a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a mom of a Syag/ geese child that you are calling scum I have no words for you other than what would bring you to write about someone else's 10 yr old?

Don't worry mom. This is just someone trying to start trouble where there is none. Geese are the most stable team out there. That was probably written by a Blast parent that still can't get over losing to the SYAG town team 2 years ago at Hershey. It's time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry mom. This is just someone trying to start trouble where there is none. Geese are the most stable team out there. That was probably written by a Blast parent that still can't get over losing to the SYAG town team 2 years ago at Hershey. It's time to move on.

I am not a geese parent but I have to say they were a very respectful group of people even when destroying my sons team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah that's it, try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like you haven't moved on. Pot, meet kettle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was probably written by someone who does not like SYAG. That widens the list by quite a bit. It has nothing to do with the Geese except that they're on the team dragging it down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately club lacrosse is pay to play. So if an organization takes my money, and it's the same amount as you pay, then equal playing time is expected. That's why I despise club and enjoy school ball so much more. That's the reality of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your money buys you an opportunity: It does not promise you equal play time. The kids hard work and improvement is what gets him the playing time. What incentive is there to bust your butt to improve if you are going to get equal playing time even if you haven't put in the work? Certainly don't invest the big bucks if you think your son cannot cut it. It is kind of like admitting failure before you even give him a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree about pay to play means equal playing time. Playing time in my opinion is based on talent and effort. We are all paying to be part of the team. The coaches decide on how to best manage the team. As a paying customer if you don't like the playing time then you should move your son to a different level team so that he has the potential to earn more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll never get equal playing time for each kid, some kids are better and teams want to win. However minimal or no playing time is unacceptable. If a kid isn't good enough to play, don't take their money and tell them congrats they are on the team. Just because a kids name is on roster doesn't mean he is on the team. Kids want to play, parents come to watch them play. Clubs have to make less money and leave 4, 5 kids off roster, if they aren't good enough to play. Take 18 kids, instead of 25.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll never get equal playing time for each kid, some kids are better and teams want to win. However minimal or no playing time is unacceptable. If a kid isn't good enough to play, don't take their money and tell them congrats they are on the team. Just because a kids name is on roster doesn't mean he is on the team. Kids want to play, parents come to watch them play. Clubs have to make less money and leave 4, 5 kids off roster, if they aren't good enough to play. Take 18 kids, instead of 25.

We can argue about how much clubs make, but they are a business and as such, they are free to charge as much as the market is willing to bear. Also realize that whatever level of revenue they are seeking, that will not change much per team - if they do shrink a roster to 18, the remaining 18 will likely pay a higher amount to cover the fixed costs: coaches, fields, and tournament expenses. That higher price may push players away. The bottom line is a smaller roster is going to cost you more no matter what club you play for.

Page 59 of 62 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard