BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 86 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The HS teams have nothing to do with this conversation concerning Club Blue since Club Blue is only fielding MS teams (2022, 2023, 2024) PVI is moving to Loudoun and I do not see many Loudoun parents choosing to drive to Arlington while passing better teams along with way. I am not sure where Club Blue will pull from. Cav's and 3d have PVI connections along with VLC. I think Club owners are trying to build MS teams at this point. Here are how they look based on summer results.
1. Mad Lax Capital - Played in the top bracket in HOCO and Tournaments still the top NOVA team.
2. Cavalier -The 2023 is close to Mad Lax Capital in talent and pulls more Loudoun kids. Many of these kids never considered Mad Lax it is not like they could not make that team
3. 3D - The 2022 team beat Mad Lax Capital last summer and is just an edge above Cav's. 2022 won HOCO AA. The 2023 team for 3d is below Cav but fared well in the last tournament.
4. Top Caliber - the draw of the Robinson coaching staff will keep this team growing. They have some big athletic kids that will develop
5. VLC - they only had a 2022 team but that has not won many games and can not get enough 2022 kids to field a full team. However they will develop. Starting later does not help.
6. Prospects, EKLC, Battlelax, and Evergreen each have talent but do not play against top competition so it is hard to compare.
7. Mad Lax VA/MD -sorry this team is just not playing at a level to justify a top rank. There is a night and day difference with Capital as I think kids are moving to other teams.

I am not sure where that leaves Club Blue but if you look at NVYLL the Loudoun programs are trending up I think Cavalier will be the beneficiary of this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The HS teams have nothing to do with this conversation concerning Club Blue since Club Blue is only fielding MS teams (2022, 2023, 2024) PVI is moving to Loudoun and I do not see many Loudoun parents choosing to drive to Arlington while passing better teams along with way. I am not sure where Club Blue will pull from. Cav's and 3d have PVI connections along with VLC. I think Club owners are trying to build MS teams at this point. Here are how they look based on summer results.
1. Mad Lax Capital - Played in the top bracket in HOCO and Tournaments still the top NOVA team.
2. Cavalier -The 2023 is close to Mad Lax Capital in talent and pulls more Loudoun kids. Many of these kids never considered Mad Lax it is not like they could not make that team
3. 3D - The 2022 team beat Mad Lax Capital last summer and is just an edge above Cav's. 2022 won HOCO AA. The 2023 team for 3d is below Cav but fared well in the last tournament.
4. Top Caliber - the draw of the Robinson coaching staff will keep this team growing. They have some big athletic kids that will develop
5. VLC - they only had a 2022 team but that has not won many games and can not get enough 2022 kids to field a full team. However they will develop. Starting later does not help.
6. Prospects, EKLC, Battlelax, and Evergreen each have talent but do not play against top competition so it is hard to compare.
7. Mad Lax VA/MD -sorry this team is just not playing at a level to justify a top rank. There is a night and day difference with Capital as I think kids are moving to other teams.

I am not sure where that leaves Club Blue but if you look at NVYLL the Loudoun programs are trending up I think Cavalier will be the beneficiary of this.

#3 is wrong. I don't think 3D 2022 has ever beaten Madlax Cap, or even close for that matter. Madlax crushed them in Hershey championship, and 3D has lost players since then. If you want most accurate info, check out HoCo standings: http://www.eteamz.com/hcrpsports/standings/index.cfm?subsite=6171250. Madlax is the only team that plays at 2022 elite. Just to tell you how tough elite is, Next Level went 0-6. 3D and VLC are 2022 AA. VLC went 0-6. They suck, and are proof how hard it is for a new program to break into NOVA. At 2023, again Madlax is only one that plays top level 2023AA. Cavalier and 3D are only 2023A. At 2024 AA, Madlax is best in country. Won spring league three years in a row. They are light years ahead of the other teams. Cavalier plays two levels down at 2024 B. All the other teams drop off at this age group. You are correct that the Madlax state teams are not very good, but they are a great opportunity for younger/smaller kid to thrive. Lots of kids move from state up to cap, and the state teams practice with cap. I think it is easier for a border-line kid to make Madlax cap from state than one of these other teams. Unless a kid is a true star, it can be tough to get noticed in 1-2 tryouts. So looking long term, I would consider going with a Madlax state team over one of these other teams, especially if your kid hasn't grown yet. It gives them a better springboard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way Madlax would ever lower the cost for the B team. Man is too greedy! If you are not one of the 10 starters - you should look for another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. You put Cav, 3d and TC above VLC. You are a complete idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not put these teams above VLC, the play on the field did. Look at the 2022,23, teams VLC right NOW cannot compete with those three teams. FACT

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen the 2022 teams (not including 2023 because VLC didn't have one). 3d and VLC competed in the HoCO 2nd tier. 3d has a 2023 team whereas VLC had a combo team. 3d was a better team, but they will not be better when they are both 8th grade teams next year.

Cavalier competed in the 3rd tier, so give me a break. Top Caliber is run by good guys, but they have a much shallower pool. More importantly, Madlax, VLC and BW have better track records by a mile than any of those clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't doubt some kids move up to the Capital teams and the Capital team always loses some players, but isn't the big issue roster size? My son's team plays the (excellent) Madlax 2024 team in HoCo and they have probably ten more players than we do. They sub of course but not sure the bottom kids see much daylight in competitive games. That can influence whether you want to move on or whether it's worth it to move up. Don't know the answer to the age old question of lots more playing time vs practicing with better players and better coaching. Not a knock on a very good team, just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is not that CB will attract players from Loudoun - it's that OC will pull the Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria players that PVI has pulled in the past. This youth re-start is a building block for that future. VLC and BW do not have young teams and Madlax has continuity from starting players so young. He has done some very smart foundational things - having clinics and free clinics under one or both banners for the recreational boys. My guess is that he will pull players from NOVA with a few will to cross the river if the product is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is not that CB will attract players from Loudoun - it's that OC will pull the Fairfax/Arlington/Alexandria players that PVI has pulled in the past. This youth re-start is a building block for that future. VLC and BW do not have young teams and Madlax has continuity from starting players so young. He has done some very smart foundational things - having clinics and free clinics under one or both banners for the recreational boys. My guess is that he will pull players from NOVA with a few will to cross the river if the product is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't doubt some kids move up to the Capital teams and the Capital team always loses some players, but isn't the big issue roster size? My son's team plays the (excellent) Madlax 2024 team in HoCo and they have probably ten more players than we do. They sub of course but not sure the bottom kids see much daylight in competitive games. That can influence whether you want to move on or whether it's worth it to move up. Don't know the answer to the age old question of lots more playing time vs practicing with better players and better coaching. Not a knock on a very good team, just an observation.

You are absolutely correct that roster size is important. That is why the Madlax 2024 team that your son played in HoCo had a roster of ONLY 17 kids. Not sure how you can get any leaner than that. The owner did add some kids for summer, but that was to account for back-to-back games in the heat, and kids missing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He also plays his kids over kids more deserving. People are fed up with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be clear here. 3D 2022, Cavalier, or VLC would get (or have been) smashed by Madlax 2022 Capital. There is a vast difference in talent between these teams and 3D has never beaten the Madlax 2022 team either last summer or last spring when they actually played in the HOCO AA 2022 division. The difference in skill, athleticism, and lacrosse IQ was glaring.

Furthermore, the difference between the Elite division teams and the AA, A, or B teams in HOCO at the 2022 age group is not even comparable. If it was comparable, the kids on the teams from 3D, Cavalier, or VLC would play for MadLax because they know it's the best team and best competion in NOVa.

I think it's great there are multiple options for kids to play, but please don't get it twisted by thinking all of those clubs can compete at the highest level. If they could, they would play in the Elite division and they would play the AA brackets in the summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely correct that roster size is important. That is why the Madlax 2024 team that your son played in HoCo had a roster of ONLY 17 kids. Not sure how you can get any leaner than that. The owner did add some kids for summer, but that was to account for back-to-back games in the heat, and kids missing.

Website has 25 kids listed on roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mad lax teams we played this year never show up with 17 players, the sideline looks like a college team. 25 kids the last game. They were a very good team and very well coached, but I know some of those kids never played, personally saw kids come out of an older age group game and walk right onto the sideline for our game. Are there rules about rostered players only playing for one team during a t0urnament? I imagine the on age parents that drove all they way to the games really enjoyed watching there kids stand there while the older ones played, Either way I wish we played them more often, great competition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mad lax teams we played this year never show up with 17 players, the sideline looks like a college team. 25 kids the last game. They were a very good team and very well coached, but I know some of those kids never played, personally saw kids come out of an older age group game and walk right onto the sideline for our game. Are there rules about rostered players only playing for one team during a t0urnament? I imagine the on age parents that drove all they way to the games really enjoyed watching there kids stand there while the older ones played, Either way I wish we played them more often, great competition

This post is total BS. It just so happens that there are some 2024 kids that could have given the 2023 team some lift this summer by playing up. But it never happened. Don't know why you make up lies. And the 2024 team is a finely tuned machine that certainly doesn't need the help of older kids - nor would they ever stoop to that level. Most of the kids on 2024 have been playing together for the last 3 years. That is a large reason of why they are so good. There were two 2024 teams in the Spring. The Capital team had a very lean roster of 17. There were some stars on the State team that played with the Capital team for the summer. The summer roster was 25. But with three games a day, there was plenty of playing time for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The owner plays his two sons over more deserving players. Ticking time bomb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So does every daddy coach, and definitely at 2024 level. It was so bad at Looneys (2024 Orange) that they had to make a change or half the team was leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This part is true. Owners kids start every game. Owners kids are good and would rightfully start on any other 2024 team. But Madlax 2024 is a truly elite team and owner's kids are not in top 10/13 and start over kids that deserve to be on field more. It does drive some of the parents crazy. This team is not for everyone. It is for elite players that want to play at the highest level, and unless things change, it means that if your kid wants to start he has to train harder to be in top 8/11. Just imagine how good Madlax 2024 would be if owner played his own kids less. The fact that Madlax 2024 has beaten every team in the country with owner's kids on field tells you how good the other kids on the field are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is about one kid. Things will change for them when they hit Middle School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the owners sons play Middie and Attack. Which one has better players behind him? This team has a coach not the owner correct. This is on him not the owner I would say. And knowing the owner like I do if or when this team loses some games he will correct this issue if his sons are really the problem. But knowing the resources Madlax has I would love for my kid to play for this team. Even if he was the 4th Attackman not 3rd. When this team hits the late middle school age and high school age you can be assured you will be playing in front of all the correct people every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the owners sons play Middie and Attack. Which one has better players behind him? This team has a coach not the owner correct. This is on him not the owner I would say. And knowing the owner like I do if or when this team loses some games he will correct this issue if his sons are really the problem. But knowing the resources Madlax has I would love for my kid to play for this team. Even if he was the 4th Attackman not 3rd. When this team hits the late middle school age and high school age you can be assured you will be playing in front of all the correct people every weekend.

Thank you Cabell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never argued that there might be kids better then his sons. I am sure this can be argued they are very young at 2024. But there is real no way to prove it out who is better or not. Unless you name other 2024 kids by name the point can not be proven. My second point about this team will always be good and be where you want to be is very on point. I do not like the concept of sons playing for there dad coach or club owner. But what would you like a dad to do when it comes to there own kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, at least he didn't threaten anyone in his response......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both. No, owner is coach. Owner is a great coach and the 2024 team is lucky to have him. But it takes a truly great coach to not start your own kid. Very few daddy coaches are capable of doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both. No, owner is coach. Owner is a great coach and the 2024 team is lucky to have him. But it takes a truly great coach to not start your own kid. Very few daddy coaches are capable of doing it.

well, no one could ever accuse you of being an ungrateful quitter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach of the 2024 team IS the owner, donkey. That's the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incredible talent at the Madlax East Coast Invitational, just like the power packed lineup at the Madlax Capital Classic for youth teams. Tons of college recruiters came to Poolesville to watch these teams:

St. John's
Battlelax
Top Caliber
Lionheart
Atlanta Empire
LI Bluefish
Madlax MD/VA
Bull Nation
Mama's Boyz
Unleashed
Apex
V3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incredible talent at the Madlax East Coast Invitational, just like the power packed lineup at the Madlax Capital Classic for youth teams. Tons of college recruiters came to Poolesville to watch these teams:

St. John's
Battlelax
Top Caliber
Lionheart
Atlanta Empire
LI Bluefish
Madlax MD/VA
Bull Nation
Mama's Boyz
Unleashed
Apex
V3

Certainly sounds like a juggernaut of competition, a virtual who's who of club lacrosse teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. John's
Battlelax
Top Caliber
Lionheart
Atlanta Empire
LI Bluefish
Madlax MD/VA
Bull Nation
Mama's Boyz
Unleashed
Apex
V3

This tournament was a one day end of summer tournament. All these clubs know who and what they are. The teams who signed up for this tournament where listed on the website for months and it was updated as things changed. The coaches of these teams knew what they were coming to play with lots of time to change their mind. And for what level of tournament this was I did count 10 maybe a little more college coaches on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please. No college coach would watch that crap. In Poolsville.

Face it, Madlax apologist. Their tournaments suck. At least you make a buck selling your photos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Face it, Madlax apologist. Their tournaments suck. At least you make a buck selling your photos.

I talked to them and the website lists the one that showed up. . You are correct this was a high school B to low A tournament no one there thought they where going to play Crabs,Sweetlax or 91. The college coaches there were from schools that wanted kids from this level. If you play on a low A team or B high school team you want the D3 and D2 coaches watching you play. What good does it do for you to play in front of top 25 D1 coaches if your son is a D2,D3 player? The tournament had refs , goals and a great schedule. Your hatred is so out of control you can not give Madlax credit for anything. By your count 13 clubs had a place to play and the games where all played well. There was 2 or 3 coaches on the sidelines of each game. On par with all the other second tier high school tournaments. We were at the 3D at the Soccer complex and those sidelines had 2 to 3 coaches each. Take a nap and find some other club to hate no matter what they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Low A? Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Low A? Lol

That is how you describe a team that plays B and A tournaments during a single season. Can you please expand on what you think is so funny about the term low A? Its like when someone talks about you at work they say he has a LOW IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like high c

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I talked to them and the website lists the one that showed up. . You are correct this was a high school B to low A tournament no one there thought they where going to play Crabs,Sweetlax or 91. The college coaches there were from schools that wanted kids from this level. If you play on a low A team or B high school team you want the D3 and D2 coaches watching you play. What good does it do for you to play in front of top 25 D1 coaches if your son is a D2,D3 player? The tournament had refs , goals and a great schedule. Your hatred is so out of control you can not give Madlax credit for anything. By your count 13 clubs had a place to play and the games where all played well. There was 2 or 3 coaches on the sidelines of each game. On par with all the other second tier high school tournaments. We were at the 3D at the Soccer complex and those sidelines had 2 to 3 coaches each. Take a nap and find some other club to hate no matter what they do.

1. No college coaches went to that crappy event

2. The fact that you call it a "low A" event shows how crazy you are

3. You are actually praising them for having goals at the event

4. If you look at the putrid lineup, it is impossible to call it a great schedule

Do you ever think about the fact that you post every day to praise a guy who actually threatens his own clients?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4. If you look at the putrid lineup, it is impossible to call it a great schedule

Do you ever think about the fact that you post every day to praise a guy who actually threatens his own clients?

1. There where college coaches at this event so this is a lie. No a ton but they where there. So you are wrong.
2.So let me change this to a B level tournament low A is a trigger word for you somehow.
3. When I said had goals its was short for Fields,goals,refs,bathrooms,shade trees,balls on the end line and food trucks. is this better.
4. And the schedule was good because you started at 8am or 9am and where done by 2 or 3pm. And if all the teams are putrid as you say then it is a good schedule because the teams are evenly matched correct?

And for your last point I have agreed 100 times he has made comments in angry that are not good. But I am not a snowflake and live in the real world where people get mad and say things they regret.

Do you run or own a travel team? If not you do not provide me and my child a place to play high level lacrosse. You can say this club X is better and here is why. But your child like hatred for this club is unhealthy. Madlax is a high level option and does way more good then bad. All clubs have negatives and people involved with the club with people skill issues. But to imply over and over that Madlax is awful and the worst thing around is just wrong. I come back at you every time because I keep waiting for you to point out real points about Madlax and why they are so bad. But you just keep crying over a email fight he got with a dad that only have of the email chain was made public this is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. There where college coaches at this event so this is a lie. No a ton but they where there. So you are wrong.
2.So let me change this to a B level tournament low A is a trigger word for you somehow.
3. When I said had goals its was short for Fields,goals,refs,bathrooms,shade trees,balls on the end line and food trucks. is this better.
4. And the schedule was good because you started at 8am or 9am and where done by 2 or 3pm. And if all the teams are putrid as you say then it is a good schedule because the teams are evenly matched correct?

And for your last point I have agreed 100 times he has made comments in angry that are not good. But I am not a snowflake and live in the real world where people get mad and say things they regret.

Do you run or own a travel team? If not you do not provide me and my child a place to play high level lacrosse. You can say this club X is better and here is why. But your child like hatred for this club is unhealthy. Madlax is a high level option and does way more good then bad. All clubs have negatives and people involved with the club with people skill issues. But to imply over and over that Madlax is awful and the worst thing around is just wrong. I come back at you every time because I keep waiting for you to point out real points about Madlax and why they are so bad. But you just keep crying over a email fight he got with a dad that only have of the email chain was made public this is a fact.

Thank you Cabell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Cabell

Madlax is nothing special, get over yourself daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Cabell

Madlax is nothing special, get over yourself daddy.

Its better then 90% of the clubs in the country.

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 86 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard