BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 99 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this just
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone give me some color on Prime Time, specifically the 2020 team? We are new to the area and have heard mixed - lots of great things about the skill set of that particular team, but also lots of rumbling that many of the players are not happy for some reason (specifically the Greenwich/Brunswick crowd) and are looking to leave the program next year.
Heard this happened at 3D a few years ago when several players joined and team was solid but then a large group left to join PT together, so 3D was left very weak.
Is this true? Why all the program hopping for this group? Frustrating when the team potential looks one way at tryouts but then you find out that many of the skilled players declined to go to another program.

This isn't a PT 2020 thing. Each year always a batch of players from a program look to switch to another one for various reasons (club folds, bad coach, one influential family, playing time, and so on) . Kids from certain towns/clubs move as a little pack because they know one another. And because many are lemmings. Haven't seen a tryout yet where all the top talent accept the invite. Just not reality.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me some color on Prime Time, specifically the 2020 team? We are new to the area and have heard mixed - lots of great things about the skill set of that particular team, but also lots of rumbling that many of the players are not happy for some reason (specifically the Greenwich/Brunswick crowd) and are looking to leave the program next year.
Heard this happened at 3D a few years ago when several players joined and team was solid but then a large group left to join PT together, so 3D was left very weak.
Is this true? Why all the program hopping for this group? Frustrating when the team potential looks one way at tryouts but then you find out that many of the skilled players declined to go to another program.

All true. The grass is always greener.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2021AA continues to disappoint. 0-4 at NLF this past weekend. You can hear the parent grumbling throughout Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2021AA continues to disappoint. 0-4 at NLF this past weekend. You can hear the parent grumbling throughout Westchester.

Tough to compete without holdbacks, but the team has been very successful in my book. As a parent of a player on the team, I'm very happy with my son's development and the teams progress. If you are not, there are other programs you can try out for in a few weeks. I believe I'm in the vast majority of very happy parents on this team, we understand winning tournaments will come with our kids eventual physical maturity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hitting 2Way tryouts this week? They def jumped the gun on normal tryout period but "normal" no longer exists. Wonder how the turnout will be tonight for 2021/2022.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that team coached by the head coach of Iona Prep?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way had strong turnouts for 2023/2024 last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens..3D got hit when David Bruce left for 2Way and players went with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough to compete without holdbacks, but the team has been very successful in my book. As a parent of a player on the team, I'm very happy with my son's development and the teams progress. If you are not, there are other programs you can try out for in a few weeks. I believe I'm in the vast majority of very happy parents on this team, we understand winning tournaments will come with our kids eventual physical maturity.

No doubt that as long as your happy with your kid's team the discussion ends right there. But the team's physical maturity will never overcome the holdback issue. If teams are of equal skill the team that is older will always dominate anywhere in the teenage years and likely into the early twenties. Also, what makes you think that there are not a bunch of 2020AA's that are going to show up as 2021AAs for tryouts? Like you pointed out, hard to compete without holdbacks so why not increase the holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that team coached by the head coach of Iona Prep?

At least on paper.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the strong turnout for 2 way ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt that as long as your happy with your kid's team the discussion ends right there. But the team's physical maturity will never overcome the holdback issue. If teams are of equal skill the team that is older will always dominate anywhere in the teenage years and likely into the early twenties. Also, what makes you think that there are not a bunch of 2020AA's that are going to show up as 2021AAs for tryouts? Like you pointed out, hard to compete without holdbacks so why not increase the holdbacks.

I don't think 2020AA is losing any players to play on 2021AA next year. . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way had strong turnouts for 2023/2024 last night.

2025/2026/2027 2Way tryout on Mon first night had over 90 players. The 2023/2024 session after looked even bigger. They couldn't even fit on the field comfortably with those numbers (and size of the kids). Many helmets from different places. Timing, location, coaches, Brunswick, whatever the draw they pulled in kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all this talk of holdbacks and age restrictions isn't just talk. Posted on another thread. Nxt, 3D, Adrenaline all going to shift to age based. Very slowly of course. Not sure if it impacts beyond their club teams but must hit their tournaments, showcases, and stuff. This change is inevitable.

https://nxtlacrosse.com/blog/entry/...-to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to strongly disagree regarding the holdback gap. By this time next summer the holdback gap will have closed based on my experience. The major difference today is player who have and have not gone through puberty. Will the older kids always have a little advantage? Sure, but once the physical maturity is somewhat equalized, the actual age teams will thrive. I think the experience makes them better players in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all this talk of holdbacks and age restrictions isn't just talk. Posted on another thread. Nxt, 3D, Adrenaline all going to shift to age based. Very slowly of course. Not sure if it impacts beyond their club teams but must hit their tournaments, showcases, and stuff. This change is inevitable.

I do think that's a positive move but do question whether it will create two different worlds. You can envision a group that transitions to age segmentation and a group like those in the NLF who don't as a way of differentiating themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think 2020AA is losing any players to play on 2021AA next year. . . .

Until they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2024 91 tristate team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to drive all the way up to JJ anymore. Great coaching at Preds and now 2 way out of Brunswick with top notchi coaching.
PT and EXPN will take a big hit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to strongly disagree regarding the holdback gap. By this time next summer the holdback gap will have closed based on my experience. The major difference today is player who have and have not gone through puberty. Will the older kids always have a little advantage? Sure, but once the physical maturity is somewhat equalized, the actual age teams will thrive. I think the experience makes them better players in the long run.

Fair point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to drive all the way up to JJ anymore. Great coaching at Preds and now 2 way out of Brunswick with top notchi coaching.

From what I have heard the biggest issue with Express North is some questionable coaching. The coaches apparently are all over the map to a much greater degree than some other programs. Some of the better programs seek to mentor and guide younger coaches and try (I said try) to impose some sort of consistent curriculum. LIE North looks to struggle with this if what I am told is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have heard the biggest issue with Express North is some questionable coaching. The coaches apparently are all over the map to a much greater degree than some other programs. Some of the better programs seek to mentor and guide younger coaches and try (I said try) to impose some sort of consistent curriculum. LIE North looks to struggle with this if what I am told is accurate.

Our experience has been the complete opposite. . . . I think (like everything else) coaching can vary dramatically from team to team, so it is possible that what you have heard is true for some of the teams. That said, this is our first year with Express North, and the coaching is superior to that which my son received at his prior club by far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our experience has been the complete opposite. . . . I think (like everything else) coaching can vary dramatically from team to team, so it is possible that what you have heard is true for some of the teams. That said, this is our first year with Express North, and the coaching is superior to that which my son received at his prior club by far.

That's a positive. What graduation year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you're one of the parents, why even post? I'm a Dad of one of the LIE North 2021AA players and we are very happy with where the team is and how much development we've witnessed in our son. He enjoys playing on the team and looks forward to practice. What more can a Dad ask for? Worth every penny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree....superstars box program is way to go for serious players, field teams not so much but box is legit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you're one of the parents, why even post? I'm a Dad of one of the LIE North 2021AA players and we are very happy with where the team is and how much development we've witnessed in our son. He enjoys playing on the team and looks forward to practice. What more can a Dad ask for? Worth every penny.

True Dat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a LIE North parent at multiple age groups. We've been involved in more than a handful of clubs over the years and my sons have been guest players with others clubs. I am extremely pleased with LIE North vs other clubs and more importantly -- my sons are happy. They have had great experiences in practices, tournaments and their personal one on one connection with their coaches. Some of their teammates are probably lifelong friends that will visit each other at their D1 schools. smile

I was at the NLF *both days, both fields* this past weekend - aside from the usual parents with their pessimistic reputation that complain about everything - there was no serious grumbling going on as you are insinuating. Of course no one likes to walk away 0-4 from any tournament - but that's not cause to spread fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were Eclipse tryouts at the 2024 - 2021 grades so far?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your Clueless- your still talking potentially up to 2 year age gaps with older/ re-classed kids: 14 vs 16, 15 vs 17, 16 vs 18. If you think a 15 yr old has the same physical development as a 17yr, your nuts. 10% will have equal physical development , the rest wont. Age based is the only way to go. It levels the playing field and truly represents a kids skill. In 3 years, that's how it will fly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber is running express north into the ground, people hate his ruthless personality and his win at all costs mentality. Screaming in the sidelines at his coaches, his players. People at the younger ages are running fast from him. Now he is diluting his talent pool with his bs Fairfield teams. Plenty of other programs to play at, I would avoid 2023 and younger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We continue to have a positive experience with Schreiber and North.

I hope you find the right program fit for your son, that's what's most important. Good luck to him in his tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber is running express north into the ground, people hate his ruthless personality and his win at all costs mentality. Screaming in the sidelines at his coaches, his players. People at the younger ages are running fast from him. Now he is diluting his talent pool with his bs Fairfield teams. Plenty of other programs to play at, I would avoid 2023 and younger

I think he is passionate about lacrosse and definitely old school which I think kids need more of. But my sense is that some of that passion for lax has been replaced with a bigger passion for money and he does not appear to be a great manager from a business stance. I get that it's a business and that your AA teams and who you place in college is your marketing tool but don't pound your chest that you want players at all levels to develop when the overall quality of the A level coaching and structure is so weak. I applaud his dedication to the game but think he may have very quickly lost his way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your Clueless- your still talking potentially up to 2 year age gaps with older/ re-classed kids: 14 vs 16, 15 vs 17, 16 vs 18. If you think a 15 yr old has the same physical development as a 17yr, your nuts. 10% will have equal physical development , the rest wont. Age based is the only way to go. It levels the playing field and truly represents a kids skill. In 3 years, that's how it will fly[/quote

No one is arguing against age based bracketing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber has no loyalty. He is as cuttthroat as they get and his teams are still average at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2024 91 tristate team?

They are OK for this area. One of the stronger 91TriState teams from the start though that doesn't mean too much. They do well in B tourneys and lose in A tourneys. They have continuity though unlike most local 2024 club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber has no loyalty. He is as cuttthroat as they get and his teams are still average at best

He practically guaranteed that my son would play D1 as long as we were willing to reclassify through Iona Prep. Oh and maybe add a PG year too for the double reclassify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That averages out to 30 kids trying out per team, is that a strong turnout???? Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do think that's a positive move but do question whether it will create two different worlds. You can envision a group that transitions to age segmentation and a group like those in the NLF who don't as a way of differentiating themselves.

I like the grandfathered approach, as it would really stink to see legitimate long standing teams broken up because there's a Sept 1st birthday ending with the wrong year.

I also hope there is continuity amongst all the clubs/tournament rules - half the fun at these tournaments is playing rivalry teams and I would hate to not play certain teams bc of their team age makeups.

This is a great move -- although once it's all even playing field with age - what would everyone gripe about here on BOTC? lol....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not being mean, just truthful, what A tourney has tristate 2024 played in? They play in C tourneys at best. Against mostly b/c teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Loyalty? I don't think you know Schreiber. Old school coach whose players would run through a wall for

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 99 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard