BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to watch the Curcio team after not having seen them for awhile. What the heck happened to that team? They actually seem to be worse now then 2 seasons ago. They were very good and then added a kid from TG who may be the best player in the age group and I thought no one would beat them again. I still remember some of the kids and they are still very good players but it seems as if YJ has tossed in the towel on being considered the best .Have read about the pay to play antics and was hoping to see the coaches new car but missed it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR did not update the 2020 committed list. You look in the fall of 2019, you will see 6 names pop up in one day. all were done right around when the NCAA nixed the early commit rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes it was.. other than the Hero's Green game, the jones girls were in every other game against M&D Black, Mass Elite and Capital... with a ton of college coaches watching the games.. again who cares about win/loss in a recruiting format game as long as the team played well and there were college coaches watching then again YES it was all we could have hoped for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax will always be a team game. You cant have a roster of 26 kids many of which are average at best and consistently play at a high level. Few key kids missing this past weekend. Their top 7 are still much better than any other teams top 7 in my opinion but it is rare that they are all at the same tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CR did not update the 2020 committed list. You look in the fall of 2019, you will see 6 names pop up in one day. all were done right around when the NCAA nixed the early commit rule.

Its got to be killing you not to be able to say anything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think its funny that clearly these committed but unannounced players we are talking about have broken the new ncaa recruitment rules but no one cares .If they actually verballed just prior to the rule change they would have been allowed to say something or post it .The integrity of the coaches involved comes into question ,would be interesting to know what programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Yale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Yale

BC
PSU
Stanford

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said you pay as much money in to the Club as you get out in scholarship well.... my first kid paid in over $30k in her club career and she got a token $5,500 a year athletically to a school that was over $45,000 so we lost our shirts. If that's why you are doing it quit now the return on investment couldn't be any worse than girls lacrosse! If you like the game, and dont mind giving up your summer weekends and have the financial means than do it otherwise get an SAT tutor!

I should have paid my kid $5k and sent her to a state school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said you pay as much money in to the Club as you get out in scholarship well.... my first kid paid in over $30k in her club career and she got a token $5,500 a year athletically to a school that was over $45,000 so we lost our shirts. If that's why you are doing it quit now the return on investment couldn't be any worse than girls lacrosse! If you like the game, and dont mind giving up your summer weekends and have the financial means than do it otherwise get an SAT tutor!

Wait! Now is when the posters will come out and talk about their kid or some kid they heard about getting a full-ride to XXX-U or whatever.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on which school your daughter attended.

Can you share with us?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait! Now is when the posters will come out and talk about their kid or some kid they heard about getting a full-ride to XXX-U or whatever.

So if you get 50% from a 60k school, is that worth it to you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if you get 50% from a 60k school, is that worth it to you?

If you can get your kid into a school that she normally could not have. Is that worth it? and in the current climate of of anti Caucasians at colleges..worth every penny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, you are correct, there are a small percentage that get full, think the top few kids from each region. There are your next level studs who will see 40-60%, may squeak some extra out of that, these are the top kids at most programs expected to be impact players. Your average players will see 20-40%. The round out of the roster players will see less than 20% if anything at all. And a fair number of players will walk away altogether. Surely everyone's daughter fits in that model somewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, you are correct, there are a small percentage that get full, think the top few kids from each region. There are your next level studs who will see 40-60%, may squeak some extra out of that, these are the top kids at most programs expected to be impact players. Your average players will see 20-40%. The round out of the roster players will see less than 20% if anything at all. And a fair number of players will walk away altogether. Surely everyone's daughter fits in that model somewhere.

I have been involved with girls/women's lacrosse for a LONG time. To the best of my recollection I do not know of any girl/woman getting a 100% scholarship. This does not take into account the girls I personally know who went or are at Navy or Army, where every student gets 100%. I know the Griffin's at U of Md, Steele at U of Md, Brisolari and Carter at PSU, the Stukenberg's, girls at Rollins, Mt Olive, etc...None got 100%. My own kid got 25% athletic money, and she's a stud. I think most of the girls on her college team got around the same amount. Now, whenever someone, in the past, told me that their kid got 100%, after I smirk and ask them "Really?", they always say something like, "Well, you know what I mean. It's close to 100% if you add in academic money". My kid, as an example, got about 40% of the FULL COST TO ATTEND, if you add academic and athletic. That's another thing that many over-zealous parents will use to justify the 100% lie...They don't factor in the FULL COST TO ATTEND. So, without a doubt, I would be 110% leary if some over-zealous yj type said their little studette got 100% to ANY school. It may have happened once or twice, but otherwise, it doesn't happen. Just smirk and walk away, shaking your head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been involved with girls/women's lacrosse for a LONG time. To the best of my recollection I do not know of any girl/woman getting a 100% scholarship. This does not take into account the girls I personally know who went or are at Navy or Army, where every student gets 100%. I know the Griffin's at U of Md, Steele at U of Md, Brisolari and Carter at PSU, the Stukenberg's, girls at Rollins, Mt Olive, etc...None got 100%. My own kid got 25% athletic money, and she's a stud. I think most of the girls on her college team got around the same amount. Now, whenever someone, in the past, told me that their kid got 100%, after I smirk and ask them "Really?", they always say something like, "Well, you know what I mean. It's close to 100% if you add in academic money". My kid, as an example, got about 40% of the FULL COST TO ATTEND, if you add academic and athletic. That's another thing that many over-zealous parents will use to justify the 100% lie...They don't factor in the FULL COST TO ATTEND. So, without a doubt, I would be 110% leary if some over-zealous yj type said their little studette got 100% to ANY school. It may have happened once or twice, but otherwise, it doesn't happen. Just smirk and walk away, shaking your head.

The moment you name actual players and state what they do or do not get tells me you are either a complete loser or a liar. There are players who are getting the full cost of attendance covered thru athletics , not a lot but I personally know a few. The whole athletic and academic money thing would indicate these players are attending schools that they would have easily gotten into without lax. Academic plus athletic money is a red flag to the NCAA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The moment you name actual players and state what they do or do not get tells me you are either a complete loser or a liar. There are players who are getting the full cost of attendance covered thru athletics , not a lot but I personally know a few. The whole athletic and academic money thing would indicate these players are attending schools that they would have easily gotten into without lax. Academic plus athletic money is a red flag to the NCAA.

Red Flag? It is common practice. Why come on here and try to misinform people?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say state school, I guess you mean SUNY. Because schools in the $45,000. range are probably state schools that you are paying out of state tuition. Maryland, UNC, PSU, UVA, Willaim and Mary, etc etc etc all state schools. You could have taken that same $5,000. and went to SBU, Albany, Binghamton and your cost would be half of what your paying now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Flag? It is common practice. Why come on here and try to misinform people?

It may be common, it may not be common. Many schools do not like or just dont mix academic and athletic money exactly for that reason. Think about it ,if a school wants to start giving academic money to many of their athletes that athlete had better exceed the normal academic benchmarks that generally warrant that type of scholarship or schools will take advantage of this to give money to athletes under the "academic" umbrella . If an athlete is using their sport to get into a "reach" school than there is little chance to receive academic money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you say state school, I guess you mean SUNY. Because schools in the $45,000. range are probably state schools that you are paying out of state tuition. Maryland, UNC, PSU, UVA, Willaim and Mary, etc etc etc all state schools. You could have taken that same $5,000. and went to SBU, Albany, Binghamton and your cost would be half of what your paying now.

While that may be true there is little comparison between a SUNY school and those in terms of academics, campus, athletics, alumni networks etc. If money is the only factor I agree but you only get to go to college once .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While that may be true there is little comparison between a SUNY school and those in terms of academics, campus, athletics, alumni networks etc. If money is the only factor I agree but you only get to go to college once .

You missed the point. The conversation WAS about money
He was complaining about money and said that he should have sent his daughter to a state school.
$45,000. is a state school. Just out of state tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the point. The conversation WAS about money
He was complaining about money and said that he should have sent his daughter to a state school.
$45,000. is a state school. Just out of state tuition.

If you are in this just for chasing an athletic scholarship, I think you're in the wrong place. We paid club fees and training because our daughter loves the game. I'll be honest that my husband and I are very happy that our daughter's lacrosse athletic scholarship is saving us a substantial amount of money at the school she's going to, but it was never all about that. We both really enjoy watching her and her team, and we've made good friends we wouldn't have met otherwise and made many, many great memories at tournaments, lacrosse dinners, high school games, etc. There were some bumps in the road too but the good far exceeded the bad. I'd do it all again.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[

It may be common, it may not be common. Many schools do not like or just dont mix academic and athletic money exactly for that reason. Think about it ,if a school wants to start giving academic money to many of their athletes that athlete had better exceed the normal academic benchmarks that generally warrant that type of scholarship or schools will take advantage of this to give money to athletes under the "academic" umbrella . If an athlete is using their sport to get into a "reach" school than there is little chance to receive academic money.

Three kids, three differents sports, all D1, all got a mix of academic and athletic money. Two out of state schools in different states (one gave an out-of-state tuition waiver as part of her package), one private. Your mileage may vary.

Why wouldn't an athletic program take advantage of whatever academic money could be rewarded? It's there for the scholar, and if the scholar happens to be an athlete it just sweetens the deal. Some athletic departments really value their academics and want kids on the roster who are going to elevate the team GPA. That said, of course it may be harder to get, or retain, academic funds if it's a reach school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your kid really a stud if she is getting the same 25% as all her teammates? The inability of some people to accept that there are kids getting full makes me smirk and walk away shaking my head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Max Expo camp this week. I can bet you that the decliner will be there showing off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Max Expo camp this week. I can bet you that the decliner will be there showing off.

When you're rich you can do whatever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Showing off what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This cannot be an adult hating on a kid like this, You are a obsessed loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I for one am sick of all random posts about this kid. What is it with you?you seriously need to be banned from this board. It never ends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This cannot be an adult hating on a kid like this, You are a obsessed loser!

I agree, enough is enough! This board/thread has been taken over by teenage girls given a anonymous platform to instigate, make up stories and bully each other. Some of the BS written about kids here is written by parents, but most of this garbage is written by teenage girls looking to start trouble, so they post and answer themselves. Anonymous posts allow anyone to make up things and spread it on the internet. Believe nothing you read here that is written anonymously as most likely it is 99% false. Most know to ignore the posts and trolls and not take the bait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Max Expo is a 4 day camp, which means we're stuck with her... All she's gonna do is show off like she does at everything. Nothing new. Stop talking about her. She's a show off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20-40% is probably the norm and nobody talks about the large amount of D1 schools that don't use their full allotment of ncaa scholarships. Then when you look at the Syracuse 50 girl roster the bottom 20 -30 don't get a PENNY.

Is their a kid that gets 100% somewhere? Probably yes, but be honest its not your kid or mine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great showing from 2020 blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Yale

Long Beach Gnome has to big of a mouth........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they can add a few more players to our roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you people not get it, IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!! CR cashed her checks, the dim witted lap dog coach will do as she is told and the assistants parent coaches (LOL)Dr. Sausage and Grandma have never nor will ever have any say, the only reason they are there is to ensure there kids are on the field period. So keep grin and bare it keep mumbling, cursing and talking behind each others backs on the side lines. oh and don't forge to write those checks for those early rides home. Maryland parents having a field day at your expense and CONGRATULATIONS on being named "most psychotic" parents in the YJ organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they can add a few more players to our roster?

is your check book big enough??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a matter of disclosure my kid is on 2nd team YJ and its where she belongs. Have watched YJ Curcio for a several games from a distance.(not a stalker just little to do between games and a friends kid is on the team) The problems are numerous . To start there are too many players. Then there are players on the Jones team who are clearly better than the lower half Curcio players. I hear if you are paying Curcio for privates you most likely do not belong on that team. The team is essentially equal playing time divided between two full team lines, each full team substitution has some of the better players on it. So essentially they never have all their best players on the field at the same time and instead run out two distinct mediocre teams. The middies on both lines are very good but the constant turnovers by the bottom of the team players and they run out of steam. One goalie seems to be at a much higher level than the other. Curcio favors one player over all others and unfortunately that player has not shown to be a game changer or produce in the big games,even to the point the team seems to play better when she is not in or not there( not sure why the kid is an excellent player , just an observation).
The coaching seems to be more about yelling than instructing , the older female coach at least seems to be encouraging .
All that said those closer to the situation probably have a different take but are too afraid to speak up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the 2020 YJ coaches are overmatched. Jones doesn't yell? Are you kidding me?

Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard