BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So True Nationals has defeated Team 91 Bandits for the championship in the Naptown National Challenge, congratulations!!!!. Am I understanding correctly (based on their website) that True Nationals is comprised of players from various states? Does anyone want to bash True Nationals for having kids from numerous states like they have Dukes Nationals? Just food for thought!

Absolutely! It's total garbage. No different at all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So True Nationals has defeated Team 91 Bandits for the championship in the Naptown National Challenge, congratulations!!!!. Am I understanding correctly (based on their website) that True Nationals is comprised of players from various states? Does anyone want to bash True Nationals for having kids from numerous states like they have Dukes Nationals? Just food for thought!

That happened already when they beat BL at summer exposure. Recap- cheaters, big, double holdbacks... Same old story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can't just congratulate. Always a story or a complaint. Congratulations to both the True and the Bandits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very different...True why loaded with holdbacks only uses kids from there programs. They have teams in areas outside of Md/NY/Philly area...concept seems cool, mini camp at Towson and than play this 1 event. All of this is on there site.

Dukes on the other hand just the best kids not playing for there real teams that the coaches can gather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm. So, Dukes is a just a group of the "best kids" just going out and playing lacrosse. Wow. That seems terrible. The shame and horror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm. So, Dukes is a just a group of the "best kids" just going out and playing lacrosse. Wow. That seems terrible. The shame and horror.

If multi state super teams are good for the kids and the sport, so be it. We place more and more demands on our children. Should boundaries be established? Multi state teams are here and I can't help but wonder what the next step will be in the evolution of youth lacrosse. A child's game. They can fly around with their college teams when they are older. Maybe they can just enjoy the sport as a child while they are children? That sentiment isn't shameful and horrific. It's one that puts the kid back into the equation. I think a lot of lacrosse parents forget that a lacrosse player is just a tiny part of what makes up a child. My opinion alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If multi state super teams are good for the kids and the sport, so be it. We place more and more demands on our children. Should boundaries be established? Multi state teams are here and I can't help but wonder what the next step will be in the evolution of youth lacrosse. A child's game. They can fly around with their college teams when they are older. Maybe they can just enjoy the sport as a child while they are children? That sentiment isn't shameful and horrific. It's one that puts the kid back into the equation. I think a lot of lacrosse parents forget that a lacrosse player is just a tiny part of what makes up a child. My opinion alone.

F@cking Amen.....[lacrosse] is cray cray

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa-Sons? What is going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a loaded question

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally understand this! But look at it this way! Duke's Nationals meets once a month. Just about every players is a multi sport student athlete. Every player MUST have at least an A average academically and be a better person than they are a lacrosse player. Yes you must be an exceptional talent on the lacrosse field but that's a given. In terms of raising your children, at least for me, these are the kind of people that I want my kids to associate with. WINNERS! I'm not talking about youth tournament results i'm talking about hard working focused boys who are leaders. We all have those parents on our "REGIONAL" teams who are trashy and have kids who mirror them! They put goals in the net but the people at DN won't tolerate negative parents. Truly though, I've seen them give several parents the boot event though their kids are unbelievable players. We also have those parents on "REGIONAL" teams who's kids struggle or don't care about academics and still spend every weekend in the summer having them play instead of getting them academic help. I'm not doctor Phil. lol but it's all positive when my son gets to meet like minded players form different states. All positive stuff! Winning tournaments is naturally going to happen but is not the sole purpose at DN. Totally recommend every player checks it out even if you won't make the team. The atmosphere is refreshing. They have a tryout coming up on August 5th at Hofstra University! www.dukesnationals.com Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa-Sons? What is going on

What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally understand this! But look at it this way! Duke's Nationals meets once a month. Just about every players is a multi sport student athlete. Every player MUST have at least an A average academically and be a better person than they are a lacrosse player. Yes you must be an exceptional talent on the lacrosse field but that's a given. In terms of raising your children, at least for me, these are the kind of people that I want my kids to associate with. WINNERS! I'm not talking about youth tournament results i'm talking about hard working focused boys who are leaders. We all have those parents on our "REGIONAL" teams who are trashy and have kids who mirror them! They put goals in the net but the people at DN won't tolerate negative parents. Truly though, I've seen them give several parents the boot event though their kids are unbelievable players. We also have those parents on "REGIONAL" teams who's kids struggle or don't care about academics and still spend every weekend in the summer having them play instead of getting them academic help. I'm not doctor Phil. lol but it's all positive when my son gets to meet like minded players form different states. All positive stuff! Winning tournaments is naturally going to happen but is not the sole purpose at DN. Totally recommend every player checks it out even if you won't make the team. The atmosphere is refreshing. They have a tryout coming up on August 5th at Hofstra University! www.dukesnationals.com Enjoy the rest of the summer.

You sound like a very conscientious parent and I appreciate that. It also appears that you have a son to be proud of and that the DN program offers commendable benefits. I particularly appreciate the academic standards. But, this is where you lose me. When you talk about "who my kids associate with", "trashy parents and the kids who mirror them", teams that don't care about academics etc., you begin to come across as elitist and your portrayal of "regional" teams is somewhat condescending. For me, that really takes away from what was otherwise a decent response. You might think that exclusivity has weeded out the "trash" from DN, but money doesn't buy class. I see examples of that on a daily basis. I'm no Dr. Phil either, but I do understand that it is human nature to rationalize decisions that have both positive and negative consequences. I think I pointed out some of the negative aspects of programs like this, there are others, you haven't mentioned them and I won't either. What I will say is this, lacrosse is a great game for developing our boys for life both on and off the fields. The sport needs to be less exclusive and more accessible for all. The sport has had a reputation for being a sport of the rich and DN only perpetuates that notion. I remain unconvinced that my son is missing something by not trying out for DN. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention that there is no age requirement... They are all about win at all costs. it's a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention that there is no age requirement... They are all about win at all costs. it's a joke.

LOL A average and be a better person....what a joke. Better people wouldn't have 14 year olds playing 12 year olds...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a loaded question

I see RS joining up with EA...why would Mesa be involved if they are a Haverford School based team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is only a matter of time before the guy running DN has it crash a burn as he has with every other team he's run. He may be a good coach, but can't run a business. He is always looking for something better. Where is Dukes North and those families that paid money to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.
The program is as advertised: National. Plenty of Philly representation to be proud of, however. Different kids from different teams from different geographies makes it unique.
Drawbacks? Well, there's no loyalty or player development. Your kid can be at the top of the depth chart and show up to a tourney only to have a bunch of MD 14 year olds that have NEVER shown to a tryout or minicamp take all or much of the playing time (Don't deny this Duke's coach/daddy, you know it to be true)."We're trying out some new guys at this one".
As a parent, I hate the "ringers" that get added to a team in order to win a tourney. You're on the team or you're not when the roster (or depth chart in this case) is published.
They aren't really invested in your kid. Running a minicamp with 100 kids flying around hardly develops them. They will get a bunch of great reps, however.
They play in some great events and have more uniform options that Oregon's football team. The kids do love that but it gets old paying for new uniforms every few months.
The grade thing (A's and B's) is window dressing. If your kid can ball, he's gonna play no matter how many times he's repeated 7th grade.
All said, a positive experience that gets kids out of their comfort zone and puts them with new and different kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

Shame it hasn't happened sooner...when we were kids if you had a Sept-Nov birthday you were old for your grade...now you have kids turning 19 in there senior year...its an absolute joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.
The program is as advertised: National. Plenty of Philly representation to be proud of, however. Different kids from different teams from different geographies makes it unique.
Drawbacks? Well, there's no loyalty or player development. Your kid can be at the top of the depth chart and show up to a tourney only to have a bunch of MD 14 year olds that have NEVER shown to a tryout or minicamp take all or much of the playing time (Don't deny this Duke's coach/daddy, you know it to be true)."We're trying out some new guys at this one".
As a parent, I hate the "ringers" that get added to a team in order to win a tourney. You're on the team or you're not when the roster (or depth chart in this case) is published.
They aren't really invested in your kid. Running a minicamp with 100 kids flying around hardly develops them. They will get a bunch of great reps, however.
They play in some great events and have more uniform options that Oregon's football team. The kids do love that but it gets old paying for new uniforms every few months.
The grade thing (A's and B's) is window dressing. If your kid can ball, he's gonna play no matter how many times he's repeated 7th grade.
All said, a positive experience that gets kids out of their comfort zone and puts them with new and different kids.

Hello DN parent. After reading the super saccharine commercial, complete with link, from your fellow DN parent, it was refreshing to read something a bit more balanced. Those drawbacks would be deal breakers for my family, but I'm glad you've been able to turn it into a positive experience for yours. I wish my kids team, BL, didn't have to play your teams MD 14 year old kids (stole a nice cotton tee shirt from us!), but this is the youth lacrosse world we live in. Seriously though, best wishes and enjoy the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Hello DN parent. After reading the super saccharine commercial, complete with link, from your fellow DN parent, it was refreshing to read something a bit more balanced. Those drawbacks would be deal breakers for my family, but I'm glad you've been able to turn it into a positive experience for yours. I wish my kids team, BL, didn't have to play your teams MD 14 year old kids (stole a nice cotton tee shirt from us!), but this is the youth lacrosse world we live in. Seriously though, best wishes and enjoy the summer.

Funny 1/2 of the BL roster is "Summer Birthdays" (not holdbacks, based on the earlier BL poster). There is one player from MD on the DN 2023 team and he's 12. There were 18 total players at the NXT tournament so I'm not sure who lost time for the supposed "ringers" that came?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Funny 1/2 of the BL roster is "Summer Birthdays" (not holdbacks, based on the earlier BL poster). There is one player from MD on the DN 2023 team and he's 12. There were 18 total players at the NXT tournament so I'm not sure who lost time for the supposed "ringers" that came?

From my own experience, dn's philosophy of having well rounded and developed players is refreshing but short lived. As previous poster stated and who is very accurate, your kid spends a significant amount of time on the sideline when other kids who aren't on depth chart or never seen before are taking their place on the field, unless you are the coaches kid of course... Bottom line is they are a business like all other club teams and they only make a profit if they stay competitive in tournaments, it's just unfortunate they don't trust the kids who worked hard to make it above the travel line to do it for them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only MD Dukes Nationals player at the NXT Cup was a defenseman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, what is the point of a "National" team for a 12 year old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Yep, BL mom saying that kids that turn 13 in the summer are fine. I'm from LI. Roughly 1/2 of the kids on my sons team are still 11! I don't mind though. Playing older kids just makes it easier for him when he plays kids that are actually his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No point. Kids having fun playing lacrosse. If you're doing for any other reason, don't do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Yep, BL mom saying that kids that turn 13 in the summer are fine. I'm from LI. Roughly 1/2 of the kids on my sons team are still 11! I don't mind though. Playing older kids just makes it easier for him when he plays kids that are actually his own age.

You wrote this because you don't mind?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fully agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No point. Kids having fun playing lacrosse. If you're doing for any other reason, don't do it.

They can't have fun playing with more regional kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Note to DN parents : please compare notes before posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its so they can win. People think that because a team wins they must have great coaching. Its marketing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can and they do with their local club teams, DN doesn't replace that. They play additional lacrosse with DN. If you're kid doesn't want more lacrosse, it's not for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its so they can win. People think that because a team wins they must have great coaching. Its marketing.

According to one dukes parent it's to avoid trashy regional parents and their sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No kid ever asked to play for Dukes a national. That's a parent move so they can people that their kid plays on multiple teams. Don't kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

You wrote this because you don't mind?

he wrote this to show 1/2 his team is still 11 and they get driven to the games by the other half....LI you are full of sh*t you all use kids that turned 13 this summer or earlier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can't. to much riff raff on the regional teams. Trashy parents, trashy kids, not every kid has an A average, kids aren't all like minded winners, etc. Straight from the mouth of a DN parent. The need a refreshing break from fraternizing with regional folks according to this parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can and they do with their local club teams, DN doesn't replace that. They play additional lacrosse with DN. If you're kid doesn't want more lacrosse, it's not for you.

what is "National" lacrosse at the 7th grade level? They are playing at the same level as local teams? Seems like parents just want to say "my kid is on a National team", wow isn't that special? Hey, go for it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to one dukes parent it's to avoid trashy regional parents and their sons.

my experience is that biggest "trash" parents/coaches at this age, are actually on the "National" team, so not sure they know what they are talking about... just sayin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN Parent here.

Not referring to that tourney, specifically. Just saying this has happened before and if you've been around the team long enough you've seen it. Does it happen all the time? Nope. Can and will it happen in the future? Absolutely. I hear it's much worse on the '22 side of things, which is nice...

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 37 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard