BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 102 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bandits lose to True all star Midwest team at Naptown. 5-1

Anyone else think it's strange that the NLF schedule didn't come out till Naptown was over? Or that, because the Bandits lose ANOTHER tournament, they have the easiest schedule in pool play by far? Chief Whitetooth must not have any confidence at all in his club these days! [lacrosse], the Warriors, their B team, have a tougher schedule! Oh how the mighty have fallen... and quickly!

Actually no because the coaches have had the schedule over a week ago. Our coach sent it out to us. The directors had it and sent to coaches. So I would square it up with your coach

sorry Bandit dad... obviously that hit a nerve... keep paying JS for that Trilogy Shirt!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. Good luck at Patriot Games this weekend. Competition looks fierce. The TB boys will certainly be challenged. Especially if one of the 2023/2024 teams makes it to the championship.

Fierce? Maybe so, but how do you know any of those teams, I heard of maybe 3 of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

That's every year in PA. LI teams always get the most calls against them.

You must be the Outlaw coach or a parent of one of the Outlaw teams that didn't very well last weekend, People know which team you are. Besides the kids, who have no fault whatsoever in that S%^T show, the adults should be embarrassed!

Outlaws 2024 made it to the finals, but came up a little short. Parents, coach (class act!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a burly blend of negative coaching, favoring your son and screaming at other kids to cover up his mistakes, favoring kids from your son's town (i.e. his friends) over stronger players, having your son not come off the field as stronger players watch in confusion from the sidelines. Oh...I could have just said daddy ball! Their decline was predictable. Kids do get good a lesson in adult politics and nepotisim by being part of it but they deserved better. They preach "eat what you kill" but practice "eat what you kill unless you are johnny and his friends".

100% accurate

If only DK would come back to save the day!

Who is DK?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits lose to True all star Midwest team at Naptown. 5-1

Anyone else think it's strange that the NLF schedule didn't come out till Naptown was over? Or that, because the Bandits lose ANOTHER tournament, they have the easiest schedule in pool play by far? Chief Whitetooth must not have any confidence at all in his club these days! [lacrosse], the Warriors, their B team, have a tougher schedule! Oh how the mighty have fallen... and quickly!

Chief Whitetooth! I love it! I think people take pleasure in watching the fall of The Bandits because their coach is an arrogant [lacrosse] who spent year running up the score on other kids and encouraging showboating by his players. I truly hope the team loses again this weekend, though it will be tough with that BS schedule. Is that why people want to play for the Bandits? To face easy teams, play zone defense, and then watch the coaches' kids play the whole game when they finally get to a meaningful one? And pay an extra $5000 for that? Sounds awesome.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he NXT in PA this past weekend was crazy. Brotherly Love, Juiced Cherries, FCA kids were on the average 5'7 - 6 feet tall 120-180lbs. It was pathetic Juiced Cherries were the worst looked like kids drove to the filed. It amazes me you play in these tournaments with kids 1-2 years older. The biggest kid on our team is probably 5'4 120lbs and his Dad is 6'6, this kid was dwarfed in every game we played.

"Juiced Cherries?" Is that actually the name of a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys parents were classy, congratulated the igloo parents. They were amazed on how the kids played, and how the game went back and forth. Came down to possession at the end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a burly blend of negative coaching, favoring your son and screaming at other kids to cover up his mistakes, favoring kids from your son's town (i.e. his friends) over stronger players, having your son not come off the field as stronger players watch in confusion from the sidelines. Oh...I could have just said daddy ball! Their decline was predictable. Kids do get good a lesson in adult politics and nepotisim by being part of it but they deserved better. They preach "eat what you kill" but practice "eat what you kill unless you are johnny and his friends".

100% accurate

If only DK would come back to save the day!

Who is DK?

Better coach than current.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he NXT in PA this past weekend was crazy. Brotherly Love, Juiced Cherries, FCA kids were on the average 5'7 - 6 feet tall 120-180lbs. It was pathetic Juiced Cherries were the worst looked like kids drove to the filed. It amazes me you play in these tournaments with kids 1-2 years older. The biggest kid on our team is probably 5'4 120lbs and his Dad is 6'6, this kid was dwarfed in every game we played.

No way is this serious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

You must be the Outlaw coach or a parent of one of the Outlaw teams that didn't very well last weekend, People know which team you are. Besides the kids, who have no fault whatsoever in that S%^T show, the adults should be embarrassed!

Outlaws 2024 made it to the finals, but came up a little short. Parents, coach (class act!)

At NXT they don't even try and hide it. You know what your getting with the officials Usually great fields and awful officiating

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way is this serious

It's true. They are from Detroit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmfao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way is this serious

That's an interesting choice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]True Blue parents are awfully quiet today. Funny how they play two good games in a tournament and come on to tell everyone that will listen that they are a top 5 team, but then play another tourney and get decimated and it's crickets. A lesson in humility for you.

All anyone has said was that they were good enough to be in an AA bracket. Which they showed that this weekend with every game competitive but one. They have come a long way and continue to do so. Remember this was their first ever AA bracket. Next year they will continue to pass by teams. The coach has improved these kids tremendously and this summer has proven that.

Anyone can enter a AA bracket.They finished with an overall record of 2w - 3L & finished 8th out of 15 teams. Hardly impressive & they still have a long way to go so please stop with this talk of top 5.

True, anyone can enter. But some teams would rather not take the chance of losing. They would rather play the same 5 teams over and over at crappy local tourneys and try to win a shirt. Fortunately, some teams realize that it's not about wins and losses, but instead about putting their players against the best available talent and challenging them to do their very best, take the physical punishment against teams full of holdbacks, learn to beat kids that are bigger, stop kids that are faster and use every last bit of energy they have to try to win. These kids are learning about perseverance. They are learning the importance of leaving it all on the field. You don't learn that by playing teams beneath you. For that, you need to be challenged. I don't know about you, but those are the transcendent lessons that I want my son to learn.

We get it you work hard so does every team and this age group is packed with good players. Which will be great next few years that's what is crazy everyone attacking everyone. Step back and enjoy it not every age group is this competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way is this serious

Not a very good team either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At NXT they don't even try and hide it. You know what your getting with the officials Usually great fields and awful officiating

Just more whining,crying & excuses why the L I teams did not win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe anybody is gloating over JS and Bandits struggles (OK, maybe a few people). Rather believe they are more laughing at the irony that many of the personnel decisions made by JS are coming back to bite him now. He allowed many very talented players to leave the team so as not to take playing time away from his twins or less talented (and frankly, some tiny) boys because the parents kiss his butt, they play tackle for him in the fall and they are local. Cant imagine he wasn't kicking himself last week watching his former player light it up at the WSOL in Denver with the 2022's and other players that are incredible athletes compete on a national stage in other sports after not being encouraged by JS. Listen, obviously JS is a solid pro coach and an excellent women's coach but my take, a lousy evaluator of young boys and identifying who has the highest ceilings regardless of who is willing to stroke his ego.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe anybody is gloating over JS and Bandits struggles (OK, maybe a few people). Rather believe they are more laughing at the irony that many of the personnel decisions made by JS are coming back to bite him now. He allowed many very talented players to leave the team so as not to take playing time away from his twins or less talented (and frankly, some tiny) boys because the parents kiss his butt, they play tackle for him in the fall and they are local. Cant imagine he wasn't kicking himself last week watching his former player light it up at the WSOL in Denver with the 2022's and other players that are incredible athletes compete on a national stage in other sports after not being encouraged by JS. Listen, obviously JS is a solid pro coach and an excellent women's coach but my take, a lousy evaluator of young boys and identifying who has the highest ceilings regardless of who is willing to stroke his ego.

100%. He only coaches those teams to put his kids in the spotlight. His twins and buddy's kid don't come off the field in big games. Egomaniac.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just the Bandits that people gloat over. Express, Igloo, True Blue, Legacy...whenever any of these teams lose, 9 times out of 10 there is someone on here joyfully reporting the loss. It's sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

It's the same story out of state tournaments regardless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an express parent we wish he had kept that player as well as this is another obvious post by this family I mean doesn't everyone want a player two years older on their team. Bandits set the bar and teams have risen up to it. I think it's great my son wanted to beat them for years and they finally did it without the way older player. Not many age groups have SO many competitive teams and it is great for the kids to compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]just saying the refs in the NXT tournament were the worst refs I have ever seen. They were cursing at parents if there was a penalty on the field they were telling kids get off the field. The worst officiating i have ever seen. Also 100% they hate NY's one ref said it to an Outlaw parent. So all you NY teams playing in PA good luck.

You must be the Outlaw coach or a parent of one of the Outlaw teams that didn't very well last weekend, People know which team you are. Besides the kids, who have no fault whatsoever in that S%^T show, the adults should

It's the same story out of state tournaments regardless

Always feel tho that when out of state teams come here our refs are fair

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an express parent we wish he had kept that player as well as this is another obvious post by this family I mean doesn't everyone want a player two years older on their team. Bandits set the bar and teams have risen up to it. I think it's great my son wanted to beat them for years and they finally did it without the way older player. Not many age groups have SO many competitive teams and it is great for the kids to compete

Obviously not an Express parent. Just some idiot trying to stir the pot. A player two years older ? Get your facts right before you start babbling like a fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just the Bandits that people gloat over. Express, Igloo, True Blue, Legacy...whenever any of these teams lose, 9 times out of 10 there is someone on here joyfully reporting the loss. It's sad.

True Blue ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously not an Express parent. Just some idiot trying to stir the pot. A player two years older ? Get your facts right before you start babbling like a fool.

Wrong been with express from the start and my point is enjoy it. After my sons team beat the bandits he was on cloud 9 for days. Competition is great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way is this serious

Not a very good team either.

The guy that posted this is a donkey. The only team at NXT that was anywhere close to being big was Dukes. Cherries had 2-3 large kids and 8 small ones, BL doesn't have a kid 5'7 let alone that be the avg height.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue ???

Lol! Seriously???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who know the Bandits knows whose parent is writing this post. His kid who played second fiddle to the best kid at middy on the team in 4th/5th grade, then went to Express, now only plays soccer.

"Incredible athletes, national stages in other sports" come on Melville daddy/mommy everyone knows this is you keyboard chest pumping and grinding your ax...Move on, Back of the net is looking for you.
Humble bragging about your kid being an incredible athlete is a sad look. And BTW we all saw you many times stroke the ego, so don't be a hypocrite....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy that posted this is a donkey. The only team at NXT that was anywhere close to being big was Dukes. Cherries had 2-3 large kids and 8 small ones, BL doesn't have a kid 5'7 let alone that be the avg height.

Your out of your mind Cherries were tremendous and so was BL I didn't see the Dukes so I cant comment. FCA very big also.
Cherries Goalie, 31, 25 23 just to name a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way is this serious

That's an interesting choice

Two more votes and they would have been the Squished Bagels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next few years are going to be rough for boys that are on age, even more difficult for kids that have summer birthdays (or in NY fall birthdays) who started school as they had just turned 5 or in NY they would still be 4. There are some kids who look like giant studs right now not because they are actually better, but because they are older. It will actually be the worst from 8th into 9th, because there will be kids who have already started late (so they were already 6), some then did K and then Pre-first too (adding another year) and then my absolute favorite, then they repeat 8th grade. So these kids look like unstoppable beasts from 4th-9th grade. But trust me, the on age kids catch up and it is hysterical to watch when the kid that has always just run through everyone can't do that any more. My "on age" Rising Soph is seeing that this summer. The gap has closed big time and it feels really good for him to now be able to run just as fast and be just as strong. I can also tell you, it is also hysterical to see these "man-baby" kids (that is what my son called them when they were shaving in 5th-7th grade) now struggle, they (and their parents) are not handling it too well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next few years are going to be rough for boys that are on age, even more difficult for kids that have summer birthdays (or in NY fall birthdays) who started school as they had just turned 5 or in NY they would still be 4. There are some kids who look like giant studs right now not because they are actually better, but because they are older. It will actually be the worst from 8th into 9th, because there will be kids who have already started late (so they were already 6), some then did K and then Pre-first too (adding another year) and then my absolute favorite, then they repeat 8th grade. So these kids look like unstoppable beasts from 4th-9th grade. But trust me, the on age kids catch up and it is hysterical to watch when the kid that has always just run through everyone can't do that any more. My "on age" Rising Soph is seeing that this summer. The gap has closed big time and it feels really good for him to now be able to run just as fast and be just as strong. I can also tell you, it is also hysterical to see these "man-baby" kids (that is what my son called them when they were shaving in 5th-7th grade) now struggle, they (and their parents) are not handling it too well.

I hope you are right because it is such a sh** show right now as I have a rising 9th and rising 7th who are on age and are competing fine but wow are some of these boys "mature". And the arrogance of the parents astounds me. It's hard to believe as you watch the games that anyone takes winning and losing seriously since the reasons for a certain teams success (not all of course but a few are really obvious) is so obviously because they're older. I don't get the pride in that. I can imagine that since they have bought into the fools gold of holding their child back it must really hurt when reality strikes. The skill sets of some of the smaller on age boys is impressive so once they catch up I can totally see them passing everyone by.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read through this thread and it seems the the owners of the BL team are thirsty for attention. Have you guys won any major event? Just saw NXT Cup event last weekend and you lost!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you are right because it is such a sh** show right now as I have a rising 9th and rising 7th who are on age and are competing fine but wow are some of these boys "mature". And the arrogance of the parents astounds me. It's hard to believe as you watch the games that anyone takes winning and losing seriously since the reasons for a certain teams success (not all of course but a few are really obvious) is so obviously because they're older. I don't get the pride in that. I can imagine that since they have bought into the fools gold of holding their child back it must really hurt when reality strikes. The skill sets of some of the smaller on age boys is impressive so once they catch up I can totally see them passing everyone by.

I believe it. I think that's why we are seeing all the "undefeated" teams that no one could touch for years are starting to lose as boys start hitting puberty. The almighty Bandits, Express, Black Ice, Crush are all starting to take a regular turn at losing and everyone quickly points to coaching and player movements. It could very simply be other boys in the grades are simply catching And size is leveling out. The gaps in team performance will continue to narrow. We will continue to see the holdback parents unravel on the sidelines as their system fails them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush lost once. Please don't put those other teams in the same sentence as Crush. Cant even remember the last time they lost their age, if they ever have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that wonderful inspiring story. Kind of reminds me of "the little train that could".Please keep us all updated on the progress of your Rising Soph.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don;t think Igloo really belongs in the conversation any more

Look at Igloo's last 2 tournaments: last week Young Guns (this was probably the weakest YGs field in years) - played 3 nobodies in pool play, barely beat a terrible Looneys team (1-2 record) in playoff and then got absolutely destroyed by the Hawks in the final. They went 1-2 in Summer Slam the week before losing to 2 teams that didn't win the Championship. They played in crappy tournaments leading up to this and when they played some semblance of competition they were awful. But yet they still claim to be a top 5 team - that bandits win last year can only take you so far. Daddy ball and the toxic atmosphere created by both coaches are killing the team.

At least the Warriors and S2S play anyone and everyone. Don't know much about the RI tournament - seems like maybe they wanted to end on a nice weekend in Newport. A little cheesy but hey the Bandits played in that Trilogy tournament - that was probably worse. For all trying out for Igloo - beware of the coaches. Do your homework on both.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don;t think Igloo really belongs in the conversation any more

Look at Igloo's last 2 tournaments: last week Young Guns (this was probably the weakest YGs field in years) - played 3 nobodies in pool play, barely beat a terrible Looneys team (1-2 record) in playoff and then got absolutely destroyed by the Hawks in the final. They went 1-2 in Summer Slam the week before losing to 2 teams that didn't win the Championship. They played in crappy tournaments leading up to this and when they played some semblance of competition they were awful. But yet they still claim to be a top 5 team - that bandits win last year can only take you so far. Daddy ball and the toxic atmosphere created by both coaches are killing the team.

At least the Warriors and S2S play anyone and everyone. Don't know much about the RI tournament - seems like maybe they wanted to end on a nice weekend in Newport. A little cheesy but hey the Bandits played in that Trilogy tournament - that was probably worse. For all trying out for Igloo - beware of the coaches. Do your homework on both.

[/quote]

Funny you should say that. I've been hearing the same things about this team and its coaches. The term "30 foot pole" has been used

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all trying out for Igloo - beware of the coaches. Do your homework on both. [/quote]

Funny you should say that. I've been hearing the same things about this team and its coaches. The term "30 foot pole" has been used [/quote]

Head coach is nothing but his kid first, then Manhasset kids next. If you are neither of these kids you will never see the field. The assistant has been banned from coaching girls PAL lacrosse in Huntington for life. Not who I want coaching my kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

Page 90 of 102 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard