BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Girls 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have the Jesters played any too Maryland or NJ teams yet? Of course they have not.

The team they beat twice yesterday is that the same team all the best disgruntled YJ girls went?

Interesting. Jesters is the St. Rose basketball team that wins the LI class A CYO basketball championship every year? A few of those girls are really good athletes. Great basketball players make great lacrosse players if they can handle the stick.

Great point, helps develop great footwork

And great basketball players make great baseball players if they can throw 98mph...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the Jesters played any too Maryland or NJ teams yet? Of course they have not.

The team they beat twice yesterday is that the same team all the best disgruntled YJ girls went?

Interesting. Jesters is the St. Rose basketball team that wins the LI class A CYO basketball championship every year? A few of those girls are really good athletes. Great basketball players make great lacrosse players if they can handle the stick.

And great basketball players make great baseball players if they can throw 98mph...

Never would have thought to make that analogy since we are talking about 11 year old girls lax but excellent post nonetheless. You should probably get your kid to the wall now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have the Jesters beat any top Md or Nj teams? Probably not. They get blown out by TG, Igloo and YJ.

Slow down big fellow, nobody was chest thumping. Had a good day yesterday and beat a quality team, that's all.

Two mediocre teams played each other that's about it in a nutshell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]90% Massapequa girls. Will bode well for HS

Will possibly bode well for high school. Not beyond stay on the Island play nobody = no college exposure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never would have thought to make that analogy since we are talking about 11 year old girls lax but excellent post nonetheless. You should probably get your kid to the wall now

Great track and soccer players make great lacrosse players, if they can handle the stick...how's that for talking about 11yr old girls lax? My kids been to the wall plenty, committed...enjoy your basketball championships Dean Smith.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Jesters is the St. Rose basketball team that wins the LI class A CYO basketball championship every year? A few of those girls are really good athletes. Great basketball players make great lacrosse players if they can handle the stick.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great track and soccer players make great lacrosse players, if they can handle the stick...how's that for talking about 11yr old girls lax? My kids been to the wall plenty, committed...enjoy your basketball championships Dean Smith.
[/quote]

Where did your daughter commit to and what club does she play/played for? Care to share any meaningful thoughts since you seem to have a handle on how things work?
Was she a multi-sport athlete and did she run track or play soccer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh?? My daughter is 12. 12 turns into 16 real quick. She has her eye on the prize. Plays every sport she can...only makes her better. Just because you sit on the turnpike every weekend doesn't make you better, just a lot of wasted time your daughter could have been on the wall...or at the beach! Let me know how being a lemming works out for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have the Jesters played any too Maryland or NJ teams yet? Of course they have not.

Uh?? My daughter is 12. 12 turns into 16 real quick. She has her eye on the prize. Plays every sport she can...only makes her better. Just because you sit on the turnpike every weekend doesn't make you better, just a lot of wasted time your daughter could have been on the wall...or at the beach! Let me know how being a lemming works out for you.

Playing better competition makes you better. Keep ducking the top teams and playing in weak tournaments I'm sure that's the key to improving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's have a local LI summer series. Why not? Mid week games with the stronger teams playing one another during June/July. I'm sure between the Directors of TG, YJ, Igloo, Jesters,Legacy, Liberty, Blue Devils, Elevate what have you, these heads of state can get fields and the100$ for a referee once a week. Great working scrimmages if nothing else. Helps us all compete and prepare for the likes of the Maryland clubs. Boys used to have the Oyster Bay League- Channy of Express ran it. What's better than that? In lieu of Doing another mediocre to poor local tournament. Come on directors- I challege SS, CR, AA, JC,and all the others. Keep it local. Let's take care of our own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ cant touch TG in this age group. Do not be surprised to see YJ players at TG tryouts.

good luck with TG and college coaches with a roster of 25

Andrew Smith is the 2023 black coach. YJ 2023 blue roster is 26 with a parent coach.

Hmmmm? These teams should be capped at 20-21 tops. Not fair to the girls. If my daughter was on the cusp, I would much rather her play on a B team with a smaller roster. It is a ridiculous money grab which hurts the girls, and coaches.

That would be amazing, that's how the girls get better. Not sitting on the tpke. FYI: that's what the MD girls do. Don't think the club directors are interested, not enough $$ in it for them , which is their prime focus. Could happen if the individual coaches of the teams put it together.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's have a local LI summer series. Why not? Mid week games with the stronger teams playing one another during June/July. I'm sure between the Directors of TG, YJ, Igloo, Jesters,Legacy, Liberty, Blue Devils, Elevate what have you, these heads of state can get fields and the100$ for a referee once a week. Great working scrimmages if nothing else. Helps us all compete and prepare for the likes of the Maryland clubs. Boys used to have the Oyster Bay League- Channy of Express ran it. What's better than that? In lieu of Doing another mediocre to poor local tournament. Come on directors- I challege SS, CR, AA, JC,and all the others. Keep it local. Let's take care of our own.

I wish it would happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish it would happen.

I do as well. Considering CR won't let her girls play in the Hoftsra tournament, I don't see it happening with any YJ team involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish it would happen.

2 quotes that apply:
"You can wish in one hand, crap in the other. See which one gets filled first"
"If you build it, he will come"

Make it happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After spending numerous hours on Jersy Tpke this summer, a LI tourn would fit just fine....
me thinks way too many ego's in place to ever happen though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish it would happen.

I do as well. Considering CR won't let her girls play in the Hoftsra tournament, I don't see it happening with any YJ team involved.

You're probably right. It's sad, because it would be great for ALL the girls, and would save parents a lot of time and money. I also know of some great athletes that don't do travel lacrosse because it would interfere too much with the other sports they do. They would definitely be interested in something like this. My daughter is a very good and disciplined player. She can play with any of the MD girls. I believe she would benefit greatly from a summer league. Still like her playing the top teams, but LI has enough teams that can hang. If YJ thinks they're above the level of the other teams, they are dead wrong! There are at least 4-5 teams that can be competitive with each other. I'm talking 1-2 goal games. If someone wanted to get something going, I would also be interested in a pick up game. Girls could mix and match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great idea. You're forgetting that the club directors would need to make $ doing this. They're not interested in saving the parents $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mean no traveling at all. That's the name of the game of course… And these clubs are businesses and we must allow them to make money. I meant a summer league in addition to the 4 or 5 or 6 tournaments that we all pay for. Again, minimal cost. Referees, maybe a little insurance? Don't need uniforms we all have those. No trophies.just good competition. Let them play for the love of the game and more playing time. Coaches have to see this as opportunities to work on anything they need to. Stop the game. Let's try that again. Let's run that play one more time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see that and couldn't agree more with all that you are saying. I truly hope it does happen, I just think the egos and finances of the club guys would get in the way. Hopefully I'm wrong and we start to see this type of old school scrimmaging that is about the kids and not the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the story with All Star Express, there doesn't appear to be any top level clubs entered? This one seems like a complete waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the story with All Star Express, there doesn't appear to be any top level clubs entered? This one seems like a complete waste of time.

My daughter played in it last year and there were plenty of good teams. You're correct that M&D and SW aren't attending, but there was still a lot of high quality play to go around. It was interesting to play against teams from Illinois, CA, and other states as opposed to seeing the same old faces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All those "top clubs" are going to be in Baltimore for the Mid-Atlantic tournament. The weekend for the Mid-Atlantic was changed from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So what's the story with All Star Express, there doesn't appear to be any top level clubs entered? This one seems like a complete waste of time.

My daughter played in it last year and there were plenty of good teams. You're correct that M&D and SW aren't attending, but there was still a lot of high quality play to go around. It was interesting to play against teams from Illinois, CA, and other states as opposed to seeing the same old faces.

Really? Have you looked at the schedule? One competitive team CC lax other than them it will be blowout city. It's a showcase tournament, who are you showcasing for? In reality CR doesn't have confidence in this age group or they'd be in Maryland with the rest of the YJ teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So what's the story with All Star Express, there doesn't appear to be any top level clubs entered? This one seems like a complete waste of time.

Really? Have you looked at the schedule? One competitive team CC lax other than them it will be blowout city. It's a showcase tournament, who are you showcasing for? In reality CR doesn't have confidence in this age group or they'd be in Maryland with the rest of the YJ teams.

or have confidence in her "A" coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do at All Star Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do at All Star Express?

Was a waste of time and money, PAL level teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How did teams do at All Star Express?

Congrats to Thorns team 6-0 at the All star express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations for what exactly? Wasting everybodys time and money? A Joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both YJ teams should have been in Maryland this weekend. I agree, this tournament was glorified Pal teams. It's great to go 6-0, but winning every game in blow out fashion is not helping anybody. Blow out games are boring for both teams. Come on Cr...challenge those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still hear a lot of kids sat on the bench on Thorns team again. Lots of parents complaining...Very limited playing time for many girls. Why would you do this if you are blowing teams out? Meanwhile Wrights team all girls played and got experience and playing time..wasn't as successful but all the parents were ok.. all teams also believed they should have played in MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I still hear a lot of kids sat on the bench on Thorns team again. Lots of parents complaining...Very limited playing time for many girls. Why would you do this if you are blowing teams out? Meanwhile Wrights team all girls played and got experience and playing time..wasn't as successful but all the parents were ok.. all teams also believed they should have played in MD

Two options for those that didn't get play time. Train harder or play somewhere else. National Championship is not going to be equal play time either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National championship. Now that's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know they went 6-0, they didn't keep score at this tournament. LOL. What a waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I still hear a lot of kids sat on the bench on Thorns team again. Lots of parents complaining...Very limited playing time for many girls. Why would you do this if you are blowing teams out? Meanwhile Wrights team all girls played and got experience and playing time..wasn't as successful but all the parents were ok.. all teams also believed they should have played in MD

Two options for those that didn't get play time. Train harder or play somewhere else. National Championship is not going to be equal play time either

or be a suck up to the dad coach is more like it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrights team girls even played different position. you are right go somewhere else. You won't be playing as long as its an ESM town team..There are so many complaints and there are better options... the team is a joke and with a horrible group of parents...Rose needs to step in.. Would be different if they were playing top girls. They are just playing the inner circle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrights team girls even played different position. you are right go somewhere else. You won't be playing as long as its an ESM town team..There are so many complaints and there are better options... the team is a joke and with a horrible group of parents...Rose needs to step in.. Would be different if they were playing top girls. They are just playing the inner circle.

The entire system is broken because their is so much money to be made that the best decision aren't always made. Coaches corrupted by the flow of cash in the form of privates, parent coaches with kids on the team, favored towns. Same nightmare at 2020. Should start with true paid coaches that don't have kids on the team. With all that said I haven't heard about it being better anyplace else. So you pay the tax, suck it up on a B team or move to a different town!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Igloo tryouts go today? How was the turnout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone notice the leg a sea dad from bbp who sat by
himself in deleware. Looks like after his stint at lax blast
he was sent to sit alone. Wonder how long RG is going to
to deal with him and his big mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did anyone notice the leg a sea dad from bbp who sat by
himself in deleware. Looks like after his stint at lax blast
he was sent to sit alone. Wonder how long RG is going to
to deal with him and his big mouth.

Leg is an irrelevant organization in girls lacrosse. They ducked every competitive team this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How did the Igloo tryouts go today? How was the turnout?

Igloo? Every play is run through the coaches daughter and if you are not from Northshore forget it. Think YJ with ESM is bad magnify and you have igloo.

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard