BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just an FYI the G8 schedule was out 2 months ago.. long before the Curcio debacle season. not sure how CR would have know to put Jones in the harder bracket back then to have Curcio play in the other... she must have a crystal ball. I am sure if i was to guess was to give the Jones kids better / more exposure to the college coaches

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just an FYI the G8 schedule was out 2 months ago.. long before the Curcio debacle season. not sure how CR would have know to put Jones in the harder bracket back then to have Curcio play in the other... she must have a crystal ball. I am sure if i was to guess was to give the Jones kids better / more exposure to the college coaches

Exposure is the key word - they will surely be exposed playing in that bracket (and not for the better)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see this is where people show their ignorance!!! This is a showcase tournament and the idea is to get the girls looked at so that they get recruited. Curcio's team is almost all done. In order to help Jones's team they schedule them against the best teams so they get maximum exposure to the college coaches. Jones is an excellent team and will show it by playing some of the best teams in the country. This will then help those girls to get recruited. It is not about wins and losses, college coaches could care less!!!!

If that's the case then the 12 or so girls not committed on Curcio team should not be happy .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes exposure is the Key word! and thats what the G8 is all about..Not wins and losses. Too bad your club isnt invited..Sucks when you have to play in B level showcases like Project 120!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exposure is the key word - they will surely be exposed playing in that bracket (and not for the better)

You see this is where people show their ignorance!!! This is a showcase tournament and the idea is to get the girls looked at so that they get recruited. Curcio's team is almost all done. In order to help Jones's team they schedule them against the best teams so they get maximum exposure to the college coaches. Jones is an excellent team and will show it by playing some of the best teams in the country. This will then help those girls to get recruited. It is not about wins and losses, college coaches could care less!!!!

Almost done???? What about the rest of us????. I hope you are wrong

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes exposure is the Key word! and thats what the G8 is all about..Not wins and losses. Too bad your club isnt invited..Sucks when you have to play in B level showcases like Project 120!

But your team has to get the ball to get exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 YJ 2020's verbaled before the new rule kicked in. Only 88 more to go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special appearance from "Ms I didn't accept Yj spot" at NJ camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special appearance from "Ms I didn't accept Yj spot" at NJ camp.

What are you babbling about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes what a surprise. She was highly missed. Not

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right! Sucks to not have been playing for a team, so the result is a camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares you are all nuts with these extra camps, clinics, visits and summer games its like lax 5 days a week over the summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. She must not like her decision of so called "taking a break" from club, so she went to a camp. Wouldn't be surprised if she took a trip to G8 to watch her 'could've been' team play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the whole curcio team is committed except for 1 goalie and 6 on defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
moron, college coaches don't care who wins / loses in non championship formats, and barley care in championship formats. Do you think NC Coach Levy or any other coach could answer who won all their games at In The NET, ND or Lax For Cure?? She could care less. She and all the coaches just care about watching the girls play. Jones may get beat by M&D Black but again who cares, as long as the Jones girls play well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess money wasn't the problem in the decline of the spot for Jones, since they spent it on a camp. Still the richies of lacrosse.. How many more camps are you going to Ms. Decliner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't this diatribe be on the YJ thread?...no one but you two care a lick about whatever the heck you are babbling about...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some don't love the YJ's or Curcio and Jones it is possible you know geesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor kid. Misses club, guess daddy coach didn't know what to do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
moron, college coaches don't care who wins / loses in non championship formats, and barley care in championship formats. Do you think NC Coach Levy or any other coach could answer who won all their games at In The NET, ND or Lax For Cure?? She could care less. She and all the coaches just care about watching the girls play. Jones may get beat by M&D Black but again who cares, as long as the Jones girls play well.

Understand what you're saying, but again, if your team is being dominated by a much stronger team, not sure how well you will show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess money wasn't the problem in the decline of the spot for Jones, since they spent it on a camp. Still the richies of lacrosse.. How many more camps are you going to Ms. Decliner?

Oh trust me. Money is never a problem for them. They're so humble about it. Wait till you find out what daddy coach does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did we get back to bullying a 14 year old on this thread? You are a loser and you really need to get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, how about you stop answering yourself. No one cares about all this nonsense. To each his own. Leave that family alone and worry about your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are you saying that a kid that doesn't play club shouldn't attend a camp because it would appear that they miss playing club? you sound like an idiot. Seems like you have drunk the kool-aid. My kid never played club, she went to camps and clinics and prospect days and it worked out very well. Not everyone wants or chooses to play club. It's not the end of the world, the sky isn't going to fall. some advice my friend is to spend less time infatuated with others and focus on yours. maybe you would see how stupid and ignorant you really sound.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club is a way to get put in front of college coaches. And since she doesn't play for one. Daddy had to put her in a camp in order to put her in front of the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are you saying that a kid that doesn't play club shouldn't attend a camp because it would appear that they miss playing club? you sound like an idiot. Seems like you have drunk the kool-aid. My kid never played club, she went to camps and clinics and prospect days and it worked out very well. Not everyone wants or chooses to play club. It's not the end of the world, the sky isn't going to fall. some advice my friend is to spend less time infatuated with others and focus on yours. maybe you would see how stupid and ignorant you really sound.

Amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club is a way to get put in front of college coaches. And since she doesn't play for one. Daddy had to put her in a camp in order to put her in front of the coach.

"Daddy" didn't have to do anything. Maybe "Daddy" chose to put her in camp. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Not everyone chooses to go the club route. Camp also gets them exposure to college coaches. There have been many camps my daughter hasn't been able to attend because of our club schedule. It's almost becoming one or the other because scheduling. Not sure why you have such strong feelings about this particular girl/family.

I personally know a D1 coach who feels that recruiting camps are the way to go and sees club ball as becoming secondary. I happen to think parents won't let go of club ball. But as far as recruiting, camps will produce the same results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey you have to play the games... that is the beauty of sports.. now dont take this the wrong way but buster douglas was a 80-1 underdog vs mike tyson, and the usa mens hockey beat the Russians in 1980 after they lost to them 2 months before 14-3. you never know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just had a few girls graduate last year that went on to play low D1 lacrosse without ever playing travel lax! Imagine that?? Athletes are athletes and coaches know who they are. All the club games and clinics wont dramatically change your kid unless they were born with it.

Keep trying to put that square peg in the round hole

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to get put in front of the coaches is a CLUB. This is the LI way of play, don't go creating another way to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to get put in front of the coaches is a CLUB. This is the LI way of play, don't go creating another way to play.

You are drunk on LI Kool-Aid. this statement is absolutely FALSE and if this is what club directors are telling you, then you would have paid the same club directors the total amount of any scholarship your kid would have received from colleges. Club directors will tell you this BS to ge you to cut the check, and it is totally false. any college coach without a club connection will tell you they prefer to see the girls at camp rather than a tourney and that is a fact! continue paying thousands each year to clubs and realize you still have to send your kid to the college camp anyway....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW!! I can't believe what I am reading, You can't be for real. This is naivete in its finest and is completely inaccurate. If you believe this, then your kid has a long road and a hard reality check ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bwah ha ha..There is no way you have an education higher than a GED with this post. You should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play for the right Club you will get all the exposure you need...Trust me...the second tier clubs dont get looks until later...if you dont play for a club you better play for a good high school...Camps are great but if your kid doesnt go the extra yard to stand out..good luck...also club coaches will usually give the coaching staff a heads up to look out for certain kids attending the camps...huge help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to calm down, can you say sarcasm? There is no right club, that is a lie, in my daughters year the most dominate team was the Y.J. but a teammate of my daughters was the #1 pick ( not Y.J.) so good players get noticed no matter what club they play for... or if they don't play club at all. Coaches will take the player that best fills there need... not because of the name on the front of the pinnie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not necessarily true.... look at the top 15 clubs commits ... from 2018 and 2019... littered with the best schools both academically and lacrosse .... they look at top clubs first and work down ... u may get 1 or 2 quality commits from others 2nd tier to fill spots ....then you go down the scale ... bottom line your kid needs to the right fit school wise and lax wise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to calm down, can you say sarcasm? There is no right club, that is a lie, in my daughters year the most dominate team was the Y.J. but a teammate of my daughters was the #1 pick ( not Y.J.) so good players get noticed no matter what club they play for... or if they don't play club at all. Coaches will take the player that best fills there need... not because of the name on the front of the pinnie.

What does #1 pick mean?
#1 in the nation?
First of the age group to verbal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ohh doesn't she wish she could be playing at tourneys this summer. SAD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the whole curcio team is committed except for 1 goalie and 6 on defense

Your math is not adding up, according to CR committed list as compared to the YJ Curcio roster there is more than just 7 you have quoted.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So was it everything you hoped for?

Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard