BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 264 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best part is watching the LI team lose year after year as the "elite" LI players poop the bed along with the inept coach.

It's joke, no real try out. 90% of the team pre-determined before the tryout on LI. Chaminade, St. A and LIE ties all the way around. You could easily put a team together that would beat the team that was sent. Same thing every year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Calvert Hall goalie.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who blew for LI again the "talent " or the "coach". LI is starting to be the bad news bears of UA

I blame UA for continuing to let the same person run (for the money) the LI system.

Ibelieve UA CSE would make more money if different people were involved each year as more kids would try out and pay the fee if they felt they had a fairer chance to make the team. number of kids at the tryouts are way way down from just a few years ago and that was when they only had one division

Ten LI HS Games that should have been played.......

Which would have been a better contest for long island bragging rights?

CSH vs. WM

Cham vs CSH

GC vs Cham

WM vs SYO

Smith East vs GC

GC vs WM

GC vs CSH

Manhasett vs WM

SYO vs Cham

WI vs Cham

On a side note ... Darien vs CSH would have been nice.

Okay a good list but what is the third place team from Nassau A doing with all the rest? Might as well throw Carey in the mix too!

Roslyn also deserves a spot.

Wow!
Given the chance to answer a decent question and offer a thoughtful response/ informed opinion you two just couldn't help but put on your captain-douchebaggg costume.

Not even good enough to suggest a better matchup for consideration.... unless you two would like to see Roslyn vs Carey.

Just keep it simple... I would have liked to see GC vs Cham.
Both played St iggy. And Manhasset 34ydue

Hold on, Syosset has no business being in this conversation was all I said! I would rather have seen Farmingdale. Syosset was the 3rd place team. The program has a little history but this year was very uninspiring for them. You want good matchups then post them. Don't get your panties in a bunch when someone replies.

OK Toolbox.

GC (where you must be from) is mentioned 4 times, and let's remember that Syo beat GC by 4 goals THIS year. So, if GC is in the mix, Syo absolutely should be mentioned. Syo lost to Farmingdale, true, and Kudos to Farmingdale for winning, but that was a one goal game.

OK Just the original poster... not a toolbox.

For the record, I included CSH 3X, WM 4X, Cham 4X, GC 4X, SYO 2X, MANH 1X, WI 1X, and SmithEast 1X. Why did I select these 8 teams? simple - because they are (some) the better teams on LI....( I Probably should have included Pequa vs somebody).

I would have liked to see the most talented teams play each other, and in the case of WI, I'm a fan of the coach and the old rivalry with Cham.

You deduced that I'm from GC because I chose them 4X- (but not from Cham or WM based on your same logic).

From the tone of your post (especially the name calling and limited vocabulary), I might guess that you are probably a frustrated daddy from SYO trying to justify an ok but very disappointing season. Am I right?

If you could please post a sound-clip of your knuckles dragging and the gnashing of your teeth I could be 100% certain.
Maybe include a letter from your anger management instructor, or the brand of sleeveless t shirt you wear.

thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part is watching the LI team lose year after year as the "elite" LI players poop the bed along with the inept coach.

It's joke, no real try out. 90% of the team pre-determined before the tryout on LI. Chaminade, St. A and LIE ties all the way around. You could easily put a team together that would beat the team that was sent. Same thing every year.

no tryout is perfect for any team, this is the same group that also picked the younger team that won. If this was picked and coached by all public school coaches you probably would have had a vastly different team but you probably have the same results, and you would have had just as many complaints about [lacrosse] the team was picked.- this team was seeded second after the round robin and beat both teams that made the finals. there is a lot of talent out there both on LI and in the entire country.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not sure that will continue the younger team was only missing a few players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's some good stuff there my friend! You have Syo pegged pretty damn perfectly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with all the SYO haters on this board, are they really that bad? I know a few, they seem ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just looked at tryout fee's for Express and team 91 for Long Island its Crazy , compared to the out of State fee's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with all the SYO haters on this board, are they really that bad? I know a few, they seem ok.

You mean like yourself?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to one of their HS basketball games, they are a [lacrosse] bunch of classless low life's.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tide 2.0 will be the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tide 2.0 will be the team to beat.

Who the [lacrosse] are the Tide?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

You are dead wrong about the talent on that I team last year, if you were at the last night (final game) of the tryout you wouldn't be saying that. It was very highly intense regarding the speed & D1 ability of the top 40 last year. The real issue was the head coach who actually was NOT even a sanctioned coach from UA. The dad ruined it for all on the team and MC allowed it. And yes, my kid was on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

You are dead wrong about the talent on that I team last year, if you were at the last night (final game) of the tryout you wouldn't be saying that. It was very highly intense regarding the speed & D1 ability of the top 40 last year. The real issue was the head coach who actually was NOT even a sanctioned coach from UA. The dad ruined it for all on the team and MC allowed it. And yes, my kid was on the team.

Look no one says that the talent isn't great it's just not the best that could have been picked based upon the tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

Look no one says that the talent isn't great it's just not the best that could have been picked based upon the tryout.

Ok, I do agree with you on that. From what I saw back than was that 2-3 players should have been on he team that looked great in the tryout. And those 2-3 players were catholic school players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

Ok, I do agree with you on that. From what I saw back than was that 2-3 players should have been on he team that looked great in the tryout. And those 2-3 players were catholic school players.

Odds are those kids were not getting privates with MC and MC Jr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide had over 20 Di one players, 3 all Americans 2017

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

Odds are those kids were not getting privates with MC and MC Jr.

Do you morons think this is an exact science ? Every kid on the team is a good player. There are only so many roster spots available so unfortunately some very good players do not make the team. 3 of the four Long Island teams won championships. A couple of the boys who made the team were outstanding in the tournament neither play for LIE and they do not go to catholic school.
The two I am referencing were defiantly to of the best on the team. I am sure that one of you jack [lacrosse] negative misfits will dream up some conspiracy as to how they were selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I say, this site makes me laugh on a daily basis!! Yes, I said it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's some good stuff there my friend! You have Syo pegged pretty damn perfectly!

Thanks....
There is so much to work with here.
Painting the typical SYO dad with a that broad brush... you get such a clear cartoonish character that is so easy to identify.
Most SYO dads unwittingly seem to live up to that "prized persona" on a daily basis.

The beauty is that this is free entertainment for us all to witness and enjoy.

Lacrosse stick ... $150
Lacrosse Gloves...$150
Watching SYO dads on the sidelines.... Priceless $$$$

one more thing.... Syosset---- Baaahaaahaaa!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island won 3 out of the 4 divisions...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks....
There is so much to work with here.
Painting the typical SYO dad with a that broad brush... you get such a clear cartoonish character that is so easy to identify.
Most SYO dads unwittingly seem to live up to that "prized persona" on a daily basis.

The beauty is that this is free entertainment for us all to witness and enjoy.

Lacrosse stick ... $150
Lacrosse Gloves...$150
Watching SYO dads on the sidelines.... Priceless $$$$

one more thing.... Syosset---- Baaahaaahaaa!

Awesomeness! Really, killing it today! Keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/b]

What about the players who received the phone call before the actual tryouts and did absolutely nothing at the tryout. I mean nothing. One player was on my son's team and did nothing I mean nothing but still made team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the players who received the phone call before the actual tryouts and did absolutely nothing at the tryout. I mean nothing. One player was on my son's team and did nothing I mean nothing but still made team.

Do four negatives make a positive? I mean the nothingness of doing nothing would seem to be doing something, correct? The kid must have been really good at nothing to really do nothing and I mean nothing and still make the team, sort of the George Costanza of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even have tryouts??.........Oh I know, to generate huge $$$$. The way it should work is the way the senior games work. Kids are chosen by committee based on their body of work, including actual stats to back up selections. After all, someone needs to pay MCs mortgage, ya dopes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a Senior great PS program, he was top five in stats on Long Island did not get the nod to play. It's all BS based on politics and money. Not the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOOM...just saw the UA roster...St. Doms should be legit this year! Prob going to whack St. s and Chaminade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a Senior great PS program, he was top five in stats on Long Island did not get the nod to play. It's all BS based on politics and money. Not the best players.

So because your son didn't make it it's all BS? Wow, little pretentious there buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So because your son didn't make it it's all BS? Wow, little pretentious there buddy.

easy Fella, look at the older division. There was 1 public school kid that made the team who didn't play at Express. The rest were Catholic kids or out of towners. MC is promoting his brand. He uses the UA as a tool for recruiting kids to his organization and the catholics. He doesn't even hide that fact. Are the players selected good, yes. I bet if you make a team of the best of the rest of the public school kids they would be as good or better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

easy Fella, look at the older division. There was 1 public school kid that made the team who didn't play at Express. The rest were Catholic kids or out of towners. MC is promoting his brand. He uses the UA as a tool for recruiting kids to his organization and the catholics. He doesn't even hide that fact. Are the players selected good, yes. I bet if you make a team of the best of the rest of the public school kids they would be as good or better.

That's fine pal o' mine, but don't use your son, as good as he may be, it makes you seem disingenuous. Good luck going forward

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't agree more with your statement. Unless your kids coach was there to advocate for him, he was probably not picked. Same happened to other kids with top ten stats and honors. They were not part of the triad of school coaches evaluating or giving their two cents. It's a shame and am just wondering if it will ever change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Fella. You are the one that said pick on how they played/ Stats. He had the numbers did not have politics behind him. Ok fella. IF he played on Turtles he would have make the team fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't agree more with your statement. Unless your kids coach was there to advocate for him, he was probably not picked. Same happened to other kids with top ten stats and honors. They were not part of the triad of school coaches evaluating or giving their two cents. It's a shame and am just wondering if it will ever change.

I ALSO WANT TO THINK SOME OF THE TOP WOUL DNTO BE THE TOP IF THEY HAD A BALACEND OFFENSIVE UNIT. SO THE BEST ISNT ALWAYS THE TOP IN THE LEADER BOARD. THE BEST MAKE THOSE AROUND THEM BETTER. NOW IF A SCHOOL HAS MANY IN THE TOP THEN YOU WILL ALWAYS QUESTION THE COMPETITION.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I ALSO WANT TO THINK SOME OF THE TOP WOUL DNTO BE THE TOP IF THEY HAD A BALACEND OFFENSIVE UNIT. SO THE BEST ISNT ALWAYS THE TOP IN THE LEADER BOARD. THE BEST MAKE THOSE AROUND THEM BETTER. NOW IF A SCHOOL HAS MANY IN THE TOP THEN YOU WILL ALWAYS QUESTION THE COMPETITION.

Very fair comment but the guy didn't say he was the top 5 goal scorer. He could have been top 5 assists or overall points which means he did make other people look good around him. I think the point he is trying to make is the system is screwed up. All the boys are good but there are boys that are better that were not picked for reasons on then their ability.

Not directed at you specifically but what is up with the "Fella" guy. Sounds angry and kind of stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw your kid play a few times, yes maybe he had the stats but do you really think he is a team player? I didn't think he played great defense particularly off ball where his man backed doored him on at least two occasions. He needs to show more energy on riding and needs work on his off hand low to high shot, he needs to bury it from 18 yards. Good luck to him next year, with some work he could be real good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have the wrong kid, but I used my kid not do put my chest out,but simply too say The 2017 group has seen kids anointed in 4th grade and it stay that way for the next 8 years. Just saying some kids worked hard and pass some of those kids by, but still the chosen ones got pick for everything. Not right that's all I am saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If one's son is picked it's legit. If one's son is not picked it's all a scam and political. It's the same with everything. At this point who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really don't care anymore, until my next guy gets snub. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are my 2 cents about club ball. I hope some can take a bit a way from what I write here and make their journey a bit easier

When the kids are young and they happen to be selected to a good team and that team stays together you are one of the lucky ones. A lot has to do with the coach of that particular the team not the program. Many programs have great teams at different age groups and not so good at others. We are luck to live on Long Island to have a large talent pool so different clubs can have good to great teams at the same age group. If a coach is strong and runs great practices makes it fun all while teaching the game the right way he will develop all the players on the team and the team will do well for a number of years. There will be those kids that decide lacrosse is not for them and spots will open up. As the players mature 8th-10th there will be the kids that were bigger and better at a young age all of the sudden not be the biggest or the best anymore and maybe there will be some room for new players that have gotten better than those kids. Coaches have it hard with these kids because they have been on the team now for 3 or 4 years and the team is a family. You spend a lot of time with the parents and players traveling all over and bonding. Some coaches keep it status quo others make changes. Things do get a bit difficult when the owners of clubs get involved. They can really stir up the pot and make some odd decisions about teams especially when a team is successful. This is the type of team that everyone wants to play for and has the reputation for winning tournaments. This happens a lot. If the coach is a strong one they wont let it happen.

There is the other end also. Your new to the game but have a good player but end up in a bad program. Bad coach bad owner. There are a lot of them. There are the fledgling programs that make promises that they cant keep. There are the programs that have been around for a while and are on their last leg or going through growing pains at certain age groups. There are also teams in good programs that are just run poorly. All of these factors can contribute to a great experience or a horrible one. It is a real crap shoot. For many that are new to the game its like a mine field and if you are lucky you land with a good coach and an ownership that allows that coach to develop his team and players. Sometimes you just get unlucky and have to navigate the waters before you find a home. Its different for everyone.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey with their children. Its a tough one that will have a lots of ups and downs. Hopefully more ups. For many of you the last game your child will play is their last high school game. Others will go on to college careers or club ball. In the end what everyone should remember is the time that they spent with their child. The road trips and staying in hotels the friends and experiences that you and your child had. Eating crabs in Maryland or Philly cheese steaks and trying to determine who has the better one Franks, Genos, or Tony Lukes, or lobster rolls in Maine. Its all a journey we should try and enjoy it. Its a tough one because people are spending a lot of money and there are those who are in it just for the money and dont take into consideration a childs feelings like you as a parent do. Its just a business to many and they dont really care about you or your kid but if your check clears. I hope most are lucky enough to find a coach or a program that just loves the game. Good luck to all. I am sad to say that my sons club lacrosse journey is almost over. I would not trade the time I have spent with him driving to and from tournaments watching him on the field or with his teammates just being kids and eventually young men.The memories I have are priceless. We will see what the next chapter may bring for him and I hope he has the opportunity to play the game he loves in college and beyond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are my 2 cents about club ball. I hope some can take a bit a way from what I write here and make their journey a bit easier

When the kids are young and they happen to be selected to a good team and that team stays together you are one of the lucky ones. A lot has to do with the coach of that particular the team not the program. Many programs have great teams at different age groups and not so good at others. We are luck to live on Long Island to have a large talent pool so different clubs can have good to great teams at the same age group. If a coach is strong and runs great practices makes it fun all while teaching the game the right way he will develop all the players on the team and the team will do well for a number of years. There will be those kids that decide lacrosse is not for them and spots will open up. As the players mature 8th-10th there will be the kids that were bigger and better at a young age all of the sudden not be the biggest or the best anymore and maybe there will be some room for new players that have gotten better than those kids. Coaches have it hard with these kids because they have been on the team now for 3 or 4 years and the team is a family. You spend a lot of time with the parents and players traveling all over and bonding. Some coaches keep it status quo others make changes. Things do get a bit difficult when the owners of clubs get involved. They can really stir up the pot and make some odd decisions about teams especially when a team is successful. This is the type of team that everyone wants to play for and has the reputation for winning tournaments. This happens a lot. If the coach is a strong one they wont let it happen.

There is the other end also. Your new to the game but have a good player but end up in a bad program. Bad coach bad owner. There are a lot of them. There are the fledgling programs that make promises that they cant keep. There are the programs that have been around for a while and are on their last leg or going through growing pains at certain age groups. There are also teams in good programs that are just run poorly. All of these factors can contribute to a great experience or a horrible one. It is a real crap shoot. For many that are new to the game its like a mine field and if you are lucky you land with a good coach and an ownership that allows that coach to develop his team and players. Sometimes you just get unlucky and have to navigate the waters before you find a home. Its different for everyone.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey with their children. Its a tough one that will have a lots of ups and downs. Hopefully more ups. For many of you the last game your child will play is their last high school game. Others will go on to college careers or club ball. In the end what everyone should remember is the time that they spent with their child. The road trips and staying in hotels the friends and experiences that you and your child had. Eating crabs in Maryland or Philly cheese steaks and trying to determine who has the better one Franks, Genos, or Tony Lukes, or lobster rolls in Maine. Its all a journey we should try and enjoy it. Its a tough one because people are spending a lot of money and there are those who are in it just for the money and dont take into consideration a childs feelings like you as a parent do. Its just a business to many and they dont really care about you or your kid but if your check clears. I hope most are lucky enough to find a coach or a program that just loves the game. Good luck to all. I am sad to say that my sons club lacrosse journey is almost over. I would not trade the time I have spent with him driving to and from tournaments watching him on the field or with his teammates just being kids and eventually young men.The memories I have are priceless. We will see what the next chapter may bring for him and I hope he has the opportunity to play the game he loves in college and beyond.

Good post, I can identify with much of what you said and it's all true. I could tell stories that would spin people's heads! In the end everything worked out great for my son, but there sure were a lot of ups and downs. I've seen plenty of great kids and families get screwed along the way. I have also learned that when your son is doing well, there are far more people routing against him than for him. Trust your instincts, and karma had a way of making things even!

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 264 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard