BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 58 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kevin Conroy new head coach at Michigan. Great choice. Wins start with a solid defense.

Great hire for Michigan, recruited my son at Maryland

No one cares about your son. Because he recruited your son that must make him a great hire???

What an ***… You're the type of guy at a family gathering were everyone rolls their eyes and walks out when you walk into a room.

Sorry the truth hurts. Most recruits never see the field. Nobody cares. The difference is that I would never brag about my son at a family gathering, I let his performance speak for itself and it's others that brag that they know him.

Sure they do....Mr Ball....your kid quit playing after 7th grade req, but you keep coming on here pretending he is headed to UNC

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a support group for all of those delusional parents who's kid doesn't make it like they bragged and believed when they were 7th and 8tth graders ? . time comes when you will face reality .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin Conroy new head coach at Michigan. Great choice. Wins start with a solid defense.

No one cares about your son. Because he recruited your son that must make him a great hire???

What an ***… You're the type of guy at a family gathering were everyone rolls their eyes and walks out when you walk into a room.

Sorry the truth hurts. Most recruits never see the field. Nobody cares. The difference is that I would never brag about my son at a family gathering, I let his performance speak for itself and it's others that brag that they know him.

He wasn't bragging, you [lacrosse].

He was qualifying his statement by making it clear that he's actually interacted with this coach in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wasn't bragging, you [lacrosse].

He was qualifying his statement by making it clear that he's actually interacted with this coach in the past.

Who the F cares? Dingus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are the same poster. by the way you should get your a$$ kicked for calling someone that name.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are the same poster. by the way you should get your a$$ kicked for calling someone that name.

I think he's resorting to name calling and putting down the original poster because of him feeling slighted by Conry, since Maryland never even bothered going to his son's games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he's resorting to name calling and putting down the original poster because of him feeling slighted by Conry, since Maryland never even bothered going to his son's games.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I would never put my sons name on here, but since you've inquired, I'm 100% sure he is at a level far above yours. He was recruited by every big time school and took a nearly full ride at the school of his choice. You read about him frequently in blogs. He is an All American and was also recruited by Conry. All of that has absolutely nothing to do with Conry's credentials to be the new Michigan coach. I'm pretty sure that he did not list that he recruited my son or yours on his resume. Get it?? I do like the and wish him much success with his new program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I would never put my sons name on here, but since you've inquired, I'm 100% sure he is at a level far above yours. He was recruited by every big time school and took a nearly full ride at the school of his choice. You read about him frequently in blogs. He is an All American and was also recruited by Conry. All of that has absolutely nothing to do with Conry's credentials to be the new Michigan coach. I'm pretty sure that he did not list that he recruited my son or yours on his resume. Get it?? I do like the and wish him much success with his new program.

Let's clarify something in the NCAA world: the term "full ride" is in reference to a 100% athletic scholarship - that's it! Yes, many SA will get additional monies to attend a school, and many SA may get non-athletic scholarship money because of their prospective SA status, but those monies DO NOT count towards the "full ride" statement, as it were. This is not just a matter of semantics - a SA who truly gets a "full ride" is more prestigious than an SA that may get a combination of athletic scholarship plus other funds that equal full tuition et al - a school choosing to allocate that much athletic scholarship money to one SA in all sports outside of football and basketball (a majority of their rosters can have full rides!) is significant. In men's lacrosse, there are very few, if any, 100% (or thereabouts!) athletic scholarships for any SA, so please stop using that term, because any lacrosse player that might actually get a full ride would be viewed as heads and shoulders above even the elite of the elite in the NCAA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares why they are getting money, it still goes towards their tuition and I would rather have a kid that gets athletic and academic money any day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the guy is deluded. so he won't care how clearly its explained to him. the level of quality as a person is the use of calling someone the R word in an effort to insult someone who doubts his statement.
Sadly, one can never have a reasonable conversation with someone who finds calling it fitting to insult someone that way. saying that someone is mentally handicapped isn't really some sort of cool insult. you should thank God you aren't raising a child or have a sibling with any sort of serious health or mental challenge.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's clarify something in the NCAA world: the term "full ride" is in reference to a 100% athletic scholarship - that's it! Yes, many SA will get additional monies to attend a school, and many SA may get non-athletic scholarship money because of their prospective SA status, but those monies DO NOT count towards the "full ride" statement, as it were. This is not just a matter of semantics - a SA who truly gets a "full ride" is more prestigious than an SA that may get a combination of athletic scholarship plus other funds that equal full tuition et al - a school choosing to allocate that much athletic scholarship money to one SA in all sports outside of football and basketball (a majority of their rosters can have full rides!) is significant. In men's lacrosse, there are very few, if any, 100% (or thereabouts!) athletic scholarships for any SA, so please stop using that term, because any lacrosse player that might actually get a full ride would be viewed as heads and shoulders above even the elite of the elite in the NCAA!

Just got done reading back to the start of this particular thread and am wondering why someone who has a son who is an "all-American" is trolling the early recruiting forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got done reading back to the start of this particular thread and am wondering why someone who has a son who is an "all-American" is trolling the early recruiting forum.

Got 2 more. Not too hard to figure out if you have half a brain. I like to read all I can about the sport, although this site is the bottom of the barrel, occasionally there is some good stuff on here. Glad I was able to clear that up for you. I've been around this sport long enough to know that it's extremely political, which my family is not. It is about getting out there, working hard, and staying humble. Prove yourself on the field, the rest will folllow. My two cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read what I said, it was "nearly a full ride". My son pays room and board, that's it. I view that as close to a full ride. Why is everyone so argumentative on here. Seems like if you say something someone doesn't like, they assume you're lying. Believe what you want. My son was a top recruit, and that's what he gets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read what I said, it was "nearly a full ride". My son pays room and board, that's it. I view that as close to a full ride. Why is everyone so argumentative on here. Seems like if you say something someone doesn't like, they assume you're lying. Believe what you want. My son was a top recruit, and that's what he gets.

You get deeper and deeper into the web you have spun...A simple statement by a person whose son was recruited by Conry has you sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss!! Next you will be telling us he is on the Tewaaraton watch for next year! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get deeper and deeper into the web you have spun...A simple statement by a person whose son was recruited by Conry has you sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss!! Next you will be telling us he is on the Tewaaraton watch for next year! LOL

How am so sinking into the abyss. You are the example of exactly what is wrong with youth lacrosse. Sticking your sons irrelevant invitation to a prospect camp into a conversation about a new coaches appointment. My sons accomplishments, nor yours, if he actually has any, has no relevance to this. You truly have serious issues. Did someone run over your dog?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How am so sinking into the abyss. You are the example of exactly what is wrong with youth lacrosse. Sticking your sons irrelevant invitation to a prospect camp into a conversation about a new coaches appointment. My sons accomplishments, nor yours, if he actually has any, has no relevance to this. You truly have serious issues. Did someone run over your dog?

Hilarious!! Still sinking! You are all over the place. Now anyone thinking that your over the top silly reaction to a simple statement has made everyone become " exactly what is wrong with youth lacrosse" ! Ok Socrates whatever you say.. LOL

" You truly have serious issues "......Might want to look in mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is a doosh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did everyone hear that Deluca is now the Deleware head coach? Great guy, he recruited my son, which makes him super qualified for this position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did everyone hear that Deluca is now the Deleware head coach? Great guy, he recruited my son, which makes him super qualified for this position.

Yes, he'll do well. Old news. Go BLUE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on UA Command and Uncommitted 2021 and 2020 as far as coaches go ? At least for the girls games the tents were packed with all the top programs ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on UA Command and Uncommitted 2021 and 2020 as far as coaches go ? At least for the girls games the tents were packed with all the top programs ...

The coach list is on the ualax website. Seems light compared to some of the recent bigger summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying that your son is receiving a full tuition athletic scholarship, IE, that funding is not comprised of any not athletic offering? If so, i am calling BS - that would basically be about a three-quarter athletic scholarship, and in the lax world they almost don't exist. Halves are rare enough, quarters or less are the norm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying that your son is receiving a full tuition athletic scholarship, IE, that funding is not comprised of any not athletic offering? If so, i am calling BS - that would basically be about a three-quarter athletic scholarship, and in the lax world they almost don't exist. Halves are rare enough, quarters or less are the norm.

You just are not at the same level. Anytime I say on this site that my son receives 70% total cost athletic scholarship, I get called out for lying. The top kids get this kind of money. If you don't know, now you know. Work hard be great , and the $$$ will come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we'll be hearing about his son getting that full ride to Cornell. LMAO.
I've always been concerned about some of the ideas that the younger parents have about "full-rides" and packages. Now, I know where some of this originates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always been concerned about some of the ideas that the younger parents have about "full-rides" and packages. Now, I know where some of this originates.

News Flash= All the kids you saw playing in the senior Under Armour games last night are getting big time money in the range of 50-80%. Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News Flash= All the kids you saw playing in the senior Under Armour games last night are getting big time money in the range of 50-80%. Fact

Fact: my niece played in the game last night and she is getting a lot less than 50% and there are more bodies on a men's roster. My daughter's offers were generally around the 30% range except for the Ivy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you people delusional. A fully funded team has only 12.6 scholarships. No one is getting 50-80%. Unless and I mean unless you are financially broke or are the greatest players around. They very rarely give more than 30%. They have to divide that 12.6 scholarships amongst 40 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you people delusional. A fully funded team has only 12.6 scholarships. No one is getting 50-80%. Unless and I mean unless you are financially broke or are the greatest players around. They very rarely give more than 30%. They have to divide that 12.6 scholarships amongst 40 players.

My son gets 70% One of his teammates gets 80% They are both top 20 recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the facts. Full rides do not exist. Even IF your child got full athletics no offer covers room and boar. My daughter was the 2nd recruit in her class to a top 5 d1 school. She received 40% athletics and the same for academics. I paid the other 20% plus dorm which ranges from school to school but is around 13k

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the facts. Full rides do not exist. Even IF your child got full athletics no offer covers room and boar. My daughter was the 2nd recruit in her class to a top 5 d1 school. She received 40% athletics and the same for academics. I paid the other 20% plus dorm which ranges from school to school but is around 13k

You should have asked for more. Every top recruit I know gets a lot except Ivies which give nothing, although some have secret grant money that they can be creative with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have asked for more. Every top recruit I know gets a lot except Ivies which give nothing, although some have secret grant money that they can be creative with.

"secret grant money" - Sorry, BS flag is out and thrown. Those are the kinds of "secrets" that can get coaches fired. Plus, if you are so lose about it that you are willing to bring it up on a forum - it would have been mentioned at the wrong bar long ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"secret grant money" - Sorry, BS flag is out and thrown. Those are the kinds of "secrets" that can get coaches fired. Plus, if you are so lose about it that you are willing to bring it up on a forum - it would have been mentioned at the wrong bar long ago.

My kid doesn't get it but I know it's there at Cornell. A good friends kid goes there and does. My kid gets well over 40% athletic $ at an ACC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid doesn't get it but I know it's there at Cornell. A good friends kid goes there and does. My kid gets well over 40% athletic $ at an ACC

It is not "secret"- there is grant money and because a recruit needs to have a certain GPA/ ACT/SAT for the academic index- there is grant money that can be given to a student athlete that is wanted/needed for the institution and cannot afford a 70 grand tuition, which many cannot. Alum give lots of money to see "their" teams do well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not "secret"- there is grant money and because a recruit needs to have a certain GPA/ ACT/SAT for the academic index- there is grant money that can be given to a student athlete that is wanted/needed for the institution and cannot afford a 70 grand tuition, which many cannot. Alum give lots of money to see "their" teams do well.

That makes more sense now. There are certain requirements for receiving this grant money and it is therefore tracked and approved by the administration. It's not the "secret" wink wink - type money that would be illegal. Why was it referred to as "secret grant money" by the original poster? Is it because they did not know about it and thought that people just kept it a secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete garbage.." Secret grant money" . Is that the money that Big Foot and his family donate??

There is other money that is out there to pay for education besides the 12.6 money. Academic qualified money is out there everywhere as well as some other specific grant money from donors and state. No secret to it.. Just have to know where to look or be directed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know for a fact some D1 lacrosse kids get 50% (or more) athletic only money. I've been told that this is uncommon, but saying no one gets that much is false. You need to remember that some players commit with little to no money. Actually, I'm beginning to think a lot of players fall under the little to no money category, but parents don't like to share that information (it is, after all, no one else's business).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know for a fact some D1 lacrosse kids get 50% (or more) athletic only money. I've been told that this is uncommon, but saying no one gets that much is false. You need to remember that some players commit with little to no money. Actually, I'm beginning to think a lot of players fall under the little to no money category, but parents don't like to share that information (it is, after all, no one else's business).

What I have seen is people more than willing to tell everyone on here just how much they are getting from these colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The very elite kids in each age group (top 20) countrywide will get full tuition or 80 percent of full cost. True full rides are exceptionally rare but do exist. All that being said the average athletic scholarship is probably 10-20 percent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The very elite kids in each age group (top 20) countrywide will get full tuition or 80 percent of full cost. True full rides are exceptionally rare but do exist. All that being said the average athletic scholarship is probably 10-20 percent.

Some of them will, I know others getting about 50%. Depends on the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full rides do exist but not at all schools. My kid has received offers ranging from 50% to Full ride and various offers in between. Even with various offers you still have to look at all the pro and cons of every school. Those partial offers may be more valuable than full ride when you take into account all the different factors.

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 58 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard