BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said certain State embarrassed themselves again in the UA... because why??? These teams don't truly represent the state!! It's a scam with club coaches putting their kids in. Looks at the scores you dopes!! It's a joke...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I said certain State embarrassed themselves again in the UA... because why??? These teams don't truly represent the state!! It's a scam with club coaches putting their kids in. Looks at the scores you dopes!! It's a joke...

UA is a great experience with very talented teams. Great venue, great level of play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor little Shannon didn't get picked. Dude, maybe you should stop drinking? Ranting at 1AM on a message board about a girl's lacrosse tournament is a sign. UA is the most competitive tournament in the country. It's a great thing to be a part of for the girls. The Senior All-American games last night were a blast to watch. Sorry you and your daughter couldn't be here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor little Shannon didn't get picked. Dude, maybe you should stop drinking? Ranting at 1AM on a message board about a girl's lacrosse tournament is a sign. UA is the most competitive tournament in the country. It's a great thing to be a part of for the girls. The Senior All-American games last night were a blast to watch. Sorry you and your daughter couldn't be here.

Under Armour.......Agreed, hands down and by far these are the most talented teams assembled anywhere. Imagine you already play on a travel team that is ridiculously talented. Now cherry pick the top kid from there and cherry pick all the top kids from the other travel teams in your area. Highest level of play you can achieve for the age group you are in, nothing even close. This is not a debate, this is exactly how it is. And yes my daughter has played for nearly everything else you may bring up, and no it does not compare. This is "IT".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. In our state many of the kids from the Top 5 High schools in the state did not even bother to try out for the UA? Why would that be?
My daughter's coach in NJ doesn't even let them try out b/c they are still in-season. Very few kids on the 18/19 team from Ridgewood, Summit, Moorestown, Bridgewater who are the best teams in NJ. For some reason, Oak Knoll coach lets them try out in season. Also, many of the top girls selected for all-state on News12Varsity or nj.com or by the coaches don't try out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious. In our state many of the kids from the Top 5 High schools in the state did not even bother to try out for the UA? Why would that be?
My daughter's coach in NJ doesn't even let them try out b/c they are still in-season. Very few kids on the 18/19 team from Ridgewood, Summit, Moorestown, Bridgewater who are the best teams in NJ. For some reason, Oak Knoll coach lets them try out in season. Also, many of the top girls selected for all-state on News12Varsity or nj.com or by the coaches don't try out.

That may explain why NJ is a million miles behind all the other regions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Million miles behind? I believe 4 Nj teams came out to LI this year for Brains for Gains and they all won you fool!! Including a victory over Garden city!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol ... Top kid from each club? You really are a fool. Not even close . The top kids from the top NJ schools don't even tryout !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Look at the top high school teams in the country, 5 NJ teams in the top 20 this year, 6 last year. Sweep LI teams this year. It's just not that important for the NJ girls. Sorry, say what you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahha LFC had a decent amount of coaches? Did you happen to glance at the white board!!! you are the ignorant one...and the under class under armour is a glorified Brine!!! dope...unless your looking to go to Granville State!!! lol

OK, lax mom here - you can all yell at me that i'm whining bc my daughter didnt make it but i watched the tryouts- my daughter played in 4 games - 25 min long and she was a middie which meant you were subbed in and out a lot - so her total time in each game was about 10 minutes/15 min. you're going to tell me that this is enough time to fairly evaluate over 200 girls? Thats's BS. sometimes i saw evaluators weren't even watching. Some girls who's club coach was there made the uncommitted team and they didn't do anything special. One just literally stood next to the goal for an entire game waiting for a pass. never even ran. My daughter by the way was in talks with 2 schools before the recruiting rule passed. And let's talk about the NY or NJ girls who go to the Midwest to make the team...
Never going again..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? Look at the top high school teams in the country, 5 NJ teams in the top 20 this year, 6 last year. Sweep LI teams this year. It's just not that important for the NJ girls. Sorry, say what you want.

UA is nowhere near the importance some make it out to be. I won't go as far to say it's overrated, but definitely doesn't have the impact it's minions says it has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our Under Armour try it was a joke. It was supposed to be two days they cut it to one. The girls played five 20-minute games but our team had so many girls on it that each girl got to play 5-10 minute segments. The majority of the girls on my daughter's age group came from one club team. I think it was 19 out of 22. That seems a little slanted considering that club team coach was an evaluator for the tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 or 16 out 22 came from 2 clubs who's coaches were evaluating and they are considered 2nd tier clubs!! Representative ? Sure ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Lets stay on the yJ's just to [lacrosse] you off. How do the roster changes to Curcio and Jones look to be shaking out? Were the right decisions made or was it more political BS?

Curcio had a big 1st tournament. Jones lost to a philly team
At national Draw Curcio undefeated again and Jones had a loss
Both played a few terrible teams winning by 15-20 what's the point of the travel if you are going to play PAL teams?

So to the question, It looks like the rosters moves were good for Curcio because they haven't lost

Jones lost at Summer Genesis as well!

Looks like Jones team really missing those players that were promoted to Curcio.

Wow so the yJ's actually made roster moves that made sense and weren't political?

That's hilarious but obviously just trying to bait people into nonsense

Stay out of this one Team Jones let nuts on Team Curcio rip each other apart. Its about the money and self promoting for CR, here will be CR's course of action to appease all the Team Curcio nuts. It all ready started this past weekend Poppa Smurf from Mt. Insano coached the team all past weekend while coach " sausage" and coach "grandma" watched 0 wins 2 Losses and 1 Tie. Next tourney CR will be on the sidelines to "fix" the problem if its a showcase your kids may play more but if its a championship format you can forget it all bets are off, that all about winning, tweeting, facebook etc. So you keep sending your emails to college coaches to watch your kids sit on the bench, 26-27 kids on the roster do the math and know where your kid stands in the pecking order. Your child needs to play to improve and needs to play to be seen by college coaches, they only thing that they are getting is a better view!

Looks like this poster is spot on G8 schedule is posted, CR waiving her magic wand ducking top teams. Laughable Team Curcio not playing MD Black, Hero's, Capitol Blue guess another winless weekend was not in order Team Curcio, appease those parents and you ego Queen Bee but your fooling no one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see that top Curcio players helped lead Long island to undefeated record and championship at UA this weekend including Baltimore in the finals. That says a lot about LI and Curcio talent no matter how you look at it. In case you are wondering, Long Island older age group also beat Baltimore in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see that top Curcio players helped lead Long island to undefeated record and championship at UA this weekend including Baltimore in the finals. That says a lot about LI and Curcio talent no matter how you look at it. In case you are wondering, Long Island older age group also beat Baltimore in the finals.

After watching at UA it tells me several things , Curcio must not be a good coach as many of those kids on her team are very skilled and should not be losing as much as they do.Coach Rose is a very good coach making adjustments and understanding game situations .The 3 stooges won at the younger age but were out coached in just about every game which tells me they just had the most talent . Other teams made in game agustments while they barely hung on desperate to make "their " players look good. It's a good thing they no longer put birth dates in the bios or LI could no longer complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After watching at UA it tells me several things , Curcio must not be a good coach as many of those kids on her team are very skilled and should not be losing as much as they do.Coach Rose is a very good coach making adjustments and understanding game situations .The 3 stooges won at the younger age but were out coached in just about every game which tells me they just had the most talent . Other teams made in game agustments while they barely hung on desperate to make "their " players look good. It's a good thing they no longer put birth dates in the bios or LI could no longer complain.

Who coached the LI UA teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We weren't wondering

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoever said Curcio is overmatched as a coach is exactly right. She is a yes coach easily manipulated by CR and parents and in big games she wont win you any but has cost them more than a few. Gone are the days of just dumping over the ball bucket. YJ's need coaching and in many ages the coaches are average at best. Curcio does have the most talented LI team but she might be the weakest link on the team just like the B and C coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour is a joke.. July 4 th weekend? after a big tourney this weekend. Did you see how many coaches were at Lax for the Cure? holy cow ..It Miller time for the coaches ...

I wouldn't say it's a joke. Not as many coaches as a recruiting tournament like Lax for the Cure, but I saw coaches at several of my daughter's command games - Maryland, Loyola, Navy, Florida, Oregon, Dartmouth, Colorado, UConn. I'm sure there were more. I wasn't going out of my way looking for coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riddle me this, how do non starters in HS qualify as UA top 150 players nationally???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw the command championship game. Long Island started really well and looked great for part of the first half. Baltimore was completely over matched at first. I think the half time score was 7-0. LI did not play well in the second half. Baltimore did not look great, but good enough to end the game with a score of 8-6. For what it's worth, this was the same Baltimore team that lost to the South team in pool play and needed overtime to beat the South team in semifinals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Lets stay on the yJ's just to [lacrosse] you off. How do the roster changes to Curcio and Jones look to be shaking out? Were the right decisions made or was it more political BS?

Both played a few terrible teams winning by 15-20 what's the point of the travel if you are going to play PAL teams?

So to the question, It looks like the rosters moves were good for Curcio because they haven't lost

Looks like this poster is spot on G8 schedule is posted, CR waiving her magic wand ducking top teams. Laughable Team Curcio not playing MD Black, Hero's, Capitol Blue guess another winless weekend was not in order Team Curcio, appease those parents and you ego Queen Bee but your fooling no one.

G8 is a CR production, she sets the schedule which actually makes it worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA younger
Bbp (legacy)
Mattituck (loser)
OB (topguns)

UA older
EI (legacy)
St. As (express)
Northport (yj)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Lets stay on the yJ's just to [lacrosse] you off. How do the roster changes to Curcio and Jones look to be shaking out? Were the right decisions made or was it more political BS?

A double dip money wise and then a BS division placement to win the whole thing. What a total joke and money grab!!!

Someone please explain to me how we the YJ's play 5 or more tournaments a year that our director runs? We pay full price to YJ's then we pay full price to her tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcase idiot, nobody wins crap. Do your research before diarrhea come out of your mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In semi finals coach Rose didn't have to coach very hard. The refs absolutely influenced the game more than they should have. I am NOT saying that LI wouldn't have won anyway. They were very skilled and well-coached. It was just a shame as a New England parent to watch at least 2 and maybe 3 of 4 yellow cards called in the first 12 minutes of the game be phantom calls. The New England team played man-down for 8 of first 15 minutes and then the last 40 minutes as well. After having a fun, exciting 11-10 OT game in pool play, to have the refs affect the game like that was a let down. I'm sure the LI players, coaches and parents would also have liked to see a different game played. Again, not saying the outcome would have been different, but from what I saw, the two best teams were in that semi-final, and the game wasn't much of a game.

Having said all that, congrats to LI on the tournament win. They are certainly a worthy champion. Good luck to the girls the rest of the summer and look forward to playing them again in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcase idiot, nobody wins crap. Do your research before diarrhea come out of your mouth

great so showcase against B talent with your A team. Same thing

And as far as the robbery being committed? What does the research say on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you really don't like it - don't go. Take the weekend off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sally's team not Invited to the G8?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you really don't like it - don't go. Take the weekend off.

Pass the kool aid please. I thought you YJ lemmings were dying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MD United is there, it's really not a "great" tournament. Other teams are more deserving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If MD United is there, it's really not a "great" tournament. Other teams are more deserving.

Who ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who ??

Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riddle me this, how do non starters in HS qualify as UA top 150 players nationally???

Because they played better than your daughter, sorry mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they played better than your daughter, sorry mom

It's a money grab...joke event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA younger
Bbp (legacy)
Mattituck (loser)
OB (topguns)

UA older
EI (legacy)
St. As (express)
Northport (yj)

UA Younger

BBP( Spallina wanna be that will never be) .Wants to be thought of as being creative when in reality it's just bad coaching.
OB ( As clueless as they come . Actually seemed to have an unhealthy obsession w the a player )
Mattituck ( BBP coach wanna be )

Seems like overall Legacy has decided to get involved in these events so look in the future to have more legacy players .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jones gets thrown to the wolves w MD Black & Heros Green, and Curcio gets the easy bracket this time. Don't they get sick of being the ugly step-sister?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus Mass Elite Red and Capital Blue. Gonna be rough for that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see this is where people show their ignorance!!! This is a showcase tournament and the idea is to get the girls looked at so that they get recruited. Curcio's team is almost all done. In order to help Jones's team they schedule them against the best teams so they get maximum exposure to the college coaches. Jones is an excellent team and will show it by playing some of the best teams in the country. This will then help those girls to get recruited. It is not about wins and losses, college coaches could care less!!!!

Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard