BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 214 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and this keeps you up at night?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM – Went undefeated during regular season
MS - Won States (again)

I think these are two reasons for consideration.
Not losing any sleep, just surprised one of them didn't win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season is over everyone. Move on to taunting your summer teams and coaches now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure why MS or WM coach didn't get coach of the year for Suffolk Monday night.
why on earth would h the ward Melville coach get coach of the year

Here we go!

?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM – Went undefeated during regular season
MS - Won States (again)

I think these are two reasons for consideration.
Not losing any sleep, just surprised one of them didn't win.

I have no idea who was named coach of the year. Do they select one coach from each division or is it just one for all of suffolk?

Winning a State Championship should certainly put you in the conversation so MS Coach should be considered.

Orchestrating another Playoff meltdown has to exclude the WM coach from any discussion regarding coach of the year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryouts just another example of politics at its best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you keep getting burned stop touching the stove. UA is just the latest issue added to a long list with ties to connected people and money. Travel lacrosse is the most corrupt self serving business in all of sport and the parents are only in it for their own kids and never the team. Hopefully the slowdown on verbals until 11th grade help change the toxic atmosphere. If you are a purest that loves the game I feel for you because its not fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryouts just another example of politics at its best.

Groundhog Day....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class D stinks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a native to the north fork, it seems like Mattituck players are pretty good and all around know how to play the sport, but head coach is a real jerk; doesn't play kids equally at the Varsity level, doesn't give a lot of compliments to kids, shows up a late to practice on a regular basis, things like that. I also heard he NEVER played Girls Lacrosse when he was in high school, that is ridiculous!
But it is true there are no Greenport kids at the jv or varsity level YET, they didn't exclude anyone. Class D is weak right now definitely, but our local paper explained they played in league C during the regular season, and class C used to be the same thing, 3 teams made playoffs, 1st seed got a bye to the county final (SWR, then Sinai for years).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing time on varsity level
Is never equal
The goal is to win games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a native to the north fork, it seems like Mattituck players are pretty good and all around know how to play the sport, but head coach is a real jerk; doesn't play kids equally at the Varsity level, doesn't give a lot of compliments to kids, shows up a late to practice on a regular basis, things like that. I also heard he NEVER played Girls Lacrosse when he was in high school, that is ridiculous!
But it is true there are no Greenport kids at the jv or varsity level YET, they didn't exclude anyone. Class D is weak right now definitely, but our local paper explained they played in league C during the regular season, and class C used to be the same thing, 3 teams made playoffs, 1st seed got a bye to the county final (SWR, then Sinai for years).

Just have to point out that it would be awfully hard for him to play Girls Lacrosse when he was in High School, because when he was in high school he was probably a BOY. In addition HS coaches never play girls equally, they put their best players out there. Now sometimes they don't always do this, or there is some debate, but there is never equal playing time on Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea easy "North Forker" sounds like you don't really know much about lacrosse in general, let alone boys or girls. And that conversation was about a week ago. If those are the problems you have with your coach I'd say you have it pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are UA tryouts an example of politics? the teams aren't out yet and the girls just scrimmaged

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are UA tryouts an example of politics? the teams aren't out yet and the girls just scrimmaged

Because 90% of the girls did not make the call back, that's what they are beefing about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because 90% of the girls did not make the call back, that's what they are beefing about.

Evaluators are YJ's and 17/22 girls on last years team were YJ. Some are very good but others a little less deserving

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday All-Long Island second team is out. Looks like every team gets to pick one girl to be on it - only one school with two girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do we look for the 2nd team?...don't see online...thxs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday All-Long Island second team is out. Looks like every team gets to pick one girl to be on it - only one school with two girls.

Not every school has someone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do we look for the 2nd team?...don't see online...thxs

Saw it on Twitter (@kennydejohn) and here on Newsday:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...s-lacrosse-second-team-2017-1.13741097#1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not every school, but 19 of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You for link!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how about a link?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its political and business wrapped in to one. Newsday wants greater reach so lots of schools were asked for a player. the problem with a list like this is the best player on a weaker team isn't nearly as good as the 3rd or 4th best player on a state champ team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how about a link?

How about you read more than one post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the player listed from a team not even being the best from said team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That describes ours - got a reputation coming out of youth and keeps getting the recognition / awards despite others passing her by. Either coach doesn't realize it he's just taking the easy way out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally they got it right! My daughter made the Newsday Long Island team! Thank you! Patting myself on the back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, happens more often than you think. That is where evaluators are naïve to the game and look at stats rather than the overall player. Furthermore, any input from coaches may also contribute to that mindset as some HS coaches are limited in their ability to see the player as a whole and what they contribute. That includes unselfishness plays, passes, groundballs, defending, redefending etc. All too often accolades are given to players who are one dimensional and can only go to the goal, those are the same players that hurt your team as a whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is from 2015 but copy link and you will see what schools have best post grad job percentage

www.businessinsider.com/colleges-with-the-highest-starting-salaries-2015-8

copy and paste this one and you will see best college return on investment

www.bestcolleges.com/features/best-roi-colleges/

you might be surprised what lax schools don't make the list, and who does, you might be stealing your daughters in the wrong direction, lax isn't everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is from 2015 but copy link and you will see what schools have best post grad job percentage

you might be surprised what lax schools don't make the list, and who does, you might be stealing your daughters in the wrong direction, lax isn't everything

Please define "lax school". I do not know one single parent or student athlete who based their college decision on lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please define "lax school". I do not know one single parent or student athlete who based their college decision on lacrosse.

School first. Barring injury the most your kid will play is 4 years then it's all over and the ONLY thing that will matter is their education. Picking a lesser school to play lax is the fault of a parent NOT a kid as they don't know the repercussions that will have on the down the road. Education first, lax will be meaningless once it's all over. If they can't find the right educational fit and play lax, go to the best academic school possible and play club. In 4 years or less this will be nothing but a memory but their education will last a lifetime and help them with their career choice and their future. I blame the parent that doesn't point their kid in this direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any 8th or 9th (or even 10th) grade commit is choosing based on lacrosse - too young to make an informed decision based on academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schools that have Lax programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BHAHAHAHAHAH seriously? We know tons of kids going to overpriced mediocre schools because the coach showed some love just so they could keep on playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

watered

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many issues with Mike Gongas with parents and players. He is very good at playing the victim game but in the end his colors will always show. He looks for the few parents who buy into his game and butters them up with promises he can't keep. He had many issues at NBHS where he was coaching with parents and players this 2017 season. Google his name many issues that are public (including different school districts)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is the listing of the rosters for the UA Tournament including all of the age brackets?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Spot on,see many Dads who childishly cheer for their own wanna-be, rather than cheering on entire team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that is one of the nastiest posts I have ever seen on here. U should be ashamed of yourself! Disgusting!!! Karma is a [lacrosse] and it will come around to u. I feel sorry for u.

Like Reply Quote
Page 59 of 214 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard