BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,914
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 108 of 128 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
its called cheating...Is it in the rules...yes...But no other youth sport does it. period soccer has prefirst kids but those kids play by birthday like basketball volleyball baseball and hockey. Private schools think they control lacrosse but change is coming its the biggest complaint in the lacrosse community. If little johnny is that good have him play up.

You just made the case for something that would be not cheating. You just described not cheating. You just created a scenario of not cheating. This was all while trying to prove cheating.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back parents are losers. Period done.

Right, because there is certainly a basis to state that every parent that sends their kids to private school inclusive of a prefirst year is a loser. Right, these aren't good people. Right, these people aren't typically engaged and giving parents, they typically aren't successful at work, they typically don't give back to the community, and they are usually a huge detriment to society. Gotcha, you are totally right. Brilliant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent 285 pages of talk about holdbacks enough. What more can be said ? All the complaining in the world isnt going to change it. Move on....

Not when it comes to the safety of the boys playing; THIS TOPIC SHOULD NEVER GO AWAY!!!

My holdback kid and I laugh on the way home from games at how many kids 1 year younger he destroys during games, and I love it. We watch film of all of his hits against just the ones that are 1 year younger. Suck it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, your jealousy is very apparent. It is just oozing out of your computer. Now that is what I would call a LOSER. Done, BOOM

that's funny that you think this is a "boom" kind of response

You are right, sorry. BOOM BOOM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, your jealousy is very apparent. It is just oozing out of your computer. Now that is what I would call a LOSER. Done, BOOM

What are we jealous about? That our kids can play on age at the same level that your older kid has to play at to excel? I don't think jealous is the word you are looking for.

I think pathetic is a better word for what you have to do for your child to be able to play at an elite level.

No, jealous is the correct word that is appropriate for this discussion. I think pathetic is a better word to describe you and your kind since you were the one that called hold back parents losers. Sorry bunk, you are the loser for starting crap with the name calling. Why can't you have a civil discussion without reverting to calling people names. Now that is PATHETIC.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs will take the very best eligible kids. Period. Private schools in baltimore highly encourage pre-first when starting and repeating a grade when transferring. It helps scholastically, socially, and yes .. athletically.

The best clubs draw the best eligible kids which are more likely to be holdbacks. End of story.

What is amazing to me is no one cares to discuss the safety concerns associated with 'holdbacks'. Lacrosse is a contact sport and I witnessed my 11 year old son recently squaring up against a 14 year old in a tournament a few weeks back; the size difference was 6 inches and about 50lbs. I can only imagine if those two would have collided in the crease. The bottom line in a contact sport is holdbacks pose dangerous scenarios. And to those parents that hold their kid back; explain to me the rationale of do so? Having your son who is 1 to 2 years older (in some cases more) than the kids their playing against should be embarrassing!! What are you teaching your son other than taking the easy road to succeed instead of working hard to achieve their goals.

You obviously have no contact with MIAA private school kids. It is very normal to have 50% and over of boys heldback in any grade. They run from prefirst to holdback to reclass. But the schools are loaded with them. Loyola and Calvert Hall may have less due to sheer number of students...but have a look at Gilman, St Paul, McDonogh and Boys Latin...Huge amount of older kids compared to public.

So wondering why isnt even a question. It is what it is..as they say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so tired of the holdback argument. Let it go. Put your concern to good use. It's not going to change. Bottom line no system is perfect.

However I struggle with the safety argument about size as related to holdbacks. If you son is ever going to play in high school they will be a part of a four year age, size and maturity difference. If you're so concerned about summer/club lacrosse, I can only imagine the confrontation you'll have with their high school coaches about it's not fair the seniors and sophomores are playing together.

Date of birth and graduation year have nothing to do with height and weight. There's no rule a 4'6" boy has to stay in fifth grade or a 6'2" boy has to be a sophomore.

If these are true concerns, find a sport where size doesn't matter for your son..... maybe chess or debate club. debate offers amazing scholarships!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are tired of the holdback argument because your kids probably benefit from it. Every other organized youth sport is age based. Why is lacrosse different? Why do USL guidelines recommend age based classification - because they know it is unsafe, creates an unlevel playing field and damages the sport by continuing to perpetuate the stereotype that it is a rich white kids sport. Cooking the books at the youth level by allowing kids who should be in 8th and 9th grade (by age) play against 6th and 7th graders does no one any good (except the holdbacks who look like Paul Rabil). High school is a different animal as those players are not grouped by grade - they are grouped by ability.

Enjoy it while you can - age based lacrosse classification is coming....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent 285 pages of talk about holdbacks enough. What more can be said ? All the complaining in the world isnt going to change it. Move on....

Not when it comes to the safety of the boys playing; THIS TOPIC SHOULD NEVER GO AWAY!!!

My holdback kid and I laugh on the way home from games at how many kids 1 year younger he destroys during games, and I love it. We watch film of all of his hits against just the ones that are 1 year younger. Suck it.

What about the ones two years younger? Just asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the ones two years younger? Just asking.

Special occasions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams have holdbacks and none of them have as many holdbacks as you think. When your son is in HS, he'll competing with kids much older than him. It's sad that people are so obsessed about it.

Its sad that you apologists think single year Youth lacrosse and HS are the same thing.

This is HS age group now

Then why have graduation years at all? Dumb argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's funny that you think this is a "boom" kind of response

You are right, sorry. BOOM BOOM

I thought you were "done", can't even get that straight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams have holdbacks and none of them have as many holdbacks as you think. When your son is in HS, he'll competing with kids much older than him. It's sad that people are so obsessed about it.

Its sad that you apologists think single year Youth lacrosse and HS are the same thing.

This is HS age group now

Then why have graduation years at all? Dumb argument.

The argument part is dumb, agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does VLC fit in with the Crabs? What is the relationship, do they attend the same tournaments etc? Just looking good options for a 2023 player in NOVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does VLC fit in with the Crabs? What is the relationship, do they attend the same tournaments etc? Just looking good options for a 2023 player in NOVA.

They are owned by the Crabs. If your son is really good he will have the option to play with a Crabs "National" team. But I do not know how often this happens. Have your son tryout for VLC,Madlax and Blackwolf. Do your best to see how he fits in with the talent/kids at tryouts. And go with the one that wants you. Maybe ask the coach where your son falls in the starting rotation see if he will answer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are owned by the Crabs. If your son is really good he will have the option to play with a Crabs "National" team. But I do not know how often this happens. Have your son tryout for VLC,Madlax and Blackwolf. Do your best to see how he fits in with the talent/kids at tryouts. And go with the one that wants you. Maybe ask the coach where your son falls in the starting rotation see if he will answer?

Son is already on another club, just looking at options and don't know much about VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BW 2023 is about a year away or so - they focus on HS teams. Go to one of the camps if you are interested. I think the Crabs National teams are very ad hoc for specific events like the West Coast tournament, WSYL, and another one for older kids around graduation.

VLC's affiliation with the Crabs gives them the ability to play is some of the NLF tournaments. I think the Crabs control the schedule as well as how the teams are formed (one per year, middle/high school).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son is already on another club, just looking at options and don't know much about VLC.

Well tell us what club he is on now and we can tell you right away if its a upgrade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well tell us what club he is on now and we can tell you right away if its a upgrade.

The club doesn't matter, it's not an issue of upgrade. I'm just inquiring about a club I don't know much about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 is Coming for you.......see you Saturday boys!! lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the team and coaching staff for the Crab's 2022 Team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know the answer to that. Haven't beaten a top team in years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Careful what you wish for! Little birdies flew over practice, not too good for the haters!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Careful what you wish for! Little birdies flew over practice, not too good for the haters!

I hear crabs are loading for young guns lots of guest players this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standard cran cheating. When you can't beat start cheating. What does this say to the kids that are on the team. You guys suck so we are going to add players so we can win. Good luck cheaters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to the Crabs/Looneys/Kooper team today at Young Guns. They proved if you combine the best of 3 mediocre teams - Crabs, Koopers 2021, and Looneys, you can field a really competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to the Crabs/Looneys/Kooper team today at Young Guns. They proved if you combine the best of 3 mediocre teams - Crabs, Koopers 2021, and Looneys, you can field a really competitive team.

Thats actually funny!! Did they really do that??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how competitive they'll be if they have to play Hawks or Edge. Even philly Freedom, mesa and madlax can beat them. They should have lost to roughriders today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hats off to you for being a total sh#t head. If you are referring to Petro's kids, why don't you go up to him and says something about it. Then watch what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also add 91 players. So that is 4 teams for 1 teams and I think 35 plus players on the team. Good luck with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off that the crabs chear. Are you suppose to have a roster and stick to it. Not add players from 3 other teams. This is your team. Some BS and if you might win sorry hawks will crush your made up team. How do you as parents say we just won with other players.
No one should go to any Hawks tournamends period until they stop bending the rules to help benefit them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard that the Hawks swept all the division that they played in (No 2021). I saw Hogan there earlier in the day.
Excellent Tourney, well run- top officials and great competition.
Hope to be back next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard that the Hawks swept all the division that they played in (No 2021). I saw Hogan there earlier in the day.
Excellent Tourney, well run- top officials and great competition.
Hope to be back next year.

See, when you have holdbacks anything is possible. Didn't work for Crabs, they picked the wrong holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off that the crabs chear. Are you suppose to have a roster and stick to it. Not add players from 3 other teams. This is your team. Some BS and if you might win sorry hawks will crush your made up team. How do you as parents say we just won with other players.
No one should go to any Hawks tournamends period until they stop bending the rules to help benefit them

Not a Hawks tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Hawks tournament

Who is bending the rules? Hoco and all major tournaments set the rules. ALL clubs take the very best kids that tryout & meet the rules as they are written. Bethesda area and Baltimore have the most holdbacks by far, so their teams tend to have the most holdbacks. Anne Arundel/Annapolis and Howard County have a few. Some clubs are much better recruiters than others, but they all go after the very best players regardless of their age.

If you don't like the grade based rules, play rec. No club turns down holdbacks that tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this - all the major clubs come together and do the right thing and say they are going to follow USL guidelines and go age based this fall. Problem solved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Hawks tournament

Who is bending the rules? Hoco and all major tournaments set the rules. ALL clubs take the very best kids that tryout & meet the rules as they are written. Bethesda area and Baltimore have the most holdbacks by far, so their teams tend to have the most holdbacks. Anne Arundel/Annapolis and Howard County have a few. Some clubs are much better recruiters than others, but they all go after the very best players regardless of their age.

If you don't like the grade based rules, play rec. No club turns down holdbacks that tryout.

HOCO or HOward COunty Recreation Department should go down as the one of the leading KING OF SHAME of LACROSSE. This public organization is the league that gave Crabs,FCA and the rest of the holdback clubs a place to play at beginning of this mess.

HOCO could have just as easily started a league of U10,U11,U13,etc, etc...like ALL the rest of their age based leagues in Howard County. HOCO give yourself a pat on back for spreading this garbage in YOUTH lacrosse. You deserve it !!

I wonder if any of the people running HOCO having a holdback kid in MIAA school had anything to do with it?? HOCO , public organization with MIAA schools holdback kids interest, not its own public students and athletics in county .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
amen

If hoco changed to aged based the clubs would just start another grade based league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Hawks tournament

HOCO or HOward COunty Recreation Department should go down as the one of the leading KING OF SHAME of LACROSSE. This public organization is the league that gave Crabs,FCA and the rest of the holdback clubs a place to play at beginning of this mess.

HOCO could have just as easily started a league of U10,U11,U13,etc, etc...like ALL the rest of their age based leagues in Howard County. HOCO give yourself a pat on back for spreading this garbage in YOUTH lacrosse. You deserve it !!

I wonder if any of the people running HOCO having a holdback kid in MIAA school had anything to do with it?? HOCO , public organization with MIAA schools holdback kids interest, not its own public students and athletics in county .

Hoco has a U15, U13, U11 league and it is mostly rec teams, just like a lot of big tourneys have age and grade divisions. Pick the one you like.

Like Reply Quote
Page 108 of 128 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard