BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Re: Girls 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS did a horrible job coaching and was exposed this weekend. Parents and players are not happy! Even so, TG did only lose by one to MD United, one other one-goal loss at the buzzer to a team they beat easily two weeks ago. The Monster game was the head scratcher. Everyone was confused as he kept switching girls around and used no plays or common sense. Monster is a very good team who tied MD United. Not sure TG needs a "reality check" but I hope coach gets his act together. As for YJ's win, Congrats, but I don't think they could beat Heros again, they were the best team in the tournament if you look at the scores.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bragging. That's how sports works. Pointed out lucky bounce here, missed call there etc. Were the Gians "lucky" when Scott Norwood shanked the field goal? Were the Patriots "lucky" when Seattle made a hoorible call not to give Marshon Lynch the ball at the 2? Were the Giants "lucky" again and again with catched by Turee and Mnningham? The list goes on and on but at the end of the day... they were crowned the Champs That year. Certainly does not mean a repeat is going to happen and very fair to say it won't. Will agree that team Wright had a tougher bracket to get through...without a doubt and wish a our fellow YJ team made it through. But in no way was battling Hero's Green, Skywalkers and then MD United, where we Never trailed and held off everything they threw at us a "fluke". We are all very good teams and we will all have our day in the sun, but adter the constant bashing of team Thorn... we deserve our day of respect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote}
Low score, short, one goal games is lucky...sorry. They could never repeat and would have lost in a full game. Enjoy it now! You screwed Wright, hope you're proud of that. Karma has a way to bite braggers, I'd be careful![/quote]

Not bragging, just stating the facts of the weekend. I don't know why we need to be careful? Should we watch are backs too? You can call it lucky but the YJ 2023 out played all three teams on their way to the championship, that is why they won. There was no fluke thing that happened during the game that gave them the win. No phantom call or goal that was called back against the other team. The team played to their potential this past weekend. They scored first in every game, never trailed, and held off Heroes, Skywalker's, and MD United's best attempts to come back. You can call it luck but our girls played great this weekend. But you are right, there is still a lot of lacrosse left to be played. Hopefully the team can build on the weekend's success. The girls will enjoy it, that is what it all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]No matter what bracket got which team where... Thorn didn't get lucky three straight games. They showed up and beat three excellent teams. A bounce here, a bad ref call there, a couple of great saves, and other small things that go your way or don't is and always will be the difference in what ultimately crowns a champion, be it professional baseball, soccer, football, lacrosse and every other sport. But to do it three times against the teams that already beat TG, Wright and M& D makes and proves that for 2017....team Thorn IS THE 2023 Best team afterall and, "opinions" do not matter. It was PROVED on the field.

Great win for YJ2023 I guess their demise was premature. TG gets a reality check.

Low score, short, one goal games is lucky...sorry. They could never repeat and would have lost in a full game. Enjoy it now! You screwed Wright, hope you're proud of that. Karma has a way to bite braggers, I'd be careful!

Don't be so sensitive. Wait till the National Championship bracket comes out Wright's team guaranteed will be thrown under the bus and backed over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm somewhat confused. The " there' s a new A team in town deal with it" crowd is now mad that they were in an "A" bracket and struggled ? I thought you were the the real "A" team. That's why being humble works. As far as the 1 point wins are concerned, didn't Coach Wright's team win the NJ Tournament by 1 pt. The playoff games are either 20 or 25 minute games. The team that typically goes up a goal or 2 stalls. Both teams have good and bad qualities and every kid needs to work on one thing or another to make themselves better lacrosse players. We are all YJ and fortunate to be a part of a good travel program. Everybody should work on their kids and run their own race and keep the kids healthy and constantly working to improve as humans and female laxers. I know Wright's team will have a great balance if the season and as a parent of a Thorn player , these kids broke there asses to win that tournament . If you are true lax fans you would have appreciated their play and congratulated them. Sometimes you eat the lion and sometimes it eats you. This week we ate the lion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even the top YJ coach Wright put up a goose egg this weekend. Coaching only goes so far you also need the players to play.

Have the players.Top bracket and all 24 kids got the same amount of playing time. "A" team was directed by CR only to play top kids only. Not rocket science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm somewhat confused. The " there' s a new A team in town deal with it" crowd is now mad that they were in an "A" bracket and struggled ? I thought you were the the real "A" team. That's why being humble works. As far as the 1 point wins are concerned, didn't Coach Wright's team win the NJ Tournament by 1 pt. The playoff games are either 20 or 25 minute games. The team that typically goes up a goal or 2 stalls. Both teams have good and bad qualities and every kid needs to work on one thing or another to make themselves better lacrosse players. We are all YJ and fortunate to be a part of a good travel program. Everybody should work on their kids and run their own race and keep the kids healthy and constantly working to improve as humans and female laxers. I know Wright's team will have a great balance if the season and as a parent of a Thorn player , these kids broke there asses to win that tournament . If you are true lax fans you would have appreciated their play and congratulated them. Sometimes you eat the lion and sometimes it eats you. This week we ate the lion.

On the back of the other team. Selfish and not acceptable. Do it the right way to earn respect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bragging. That's how sports works. Pointed out lucky bounce here, missed call there etc. Were the Gians "lucky" when Scott Norwood shanked the field goal? Were the Patriots "lucky" when Seattle made a hoorible call not to give Marshon Lynch the ball at the 2? Were the Giants "lucky" again and again with catched by Turee and Mnningham? The list goes on and on but at the end of the day... they were crowned the Champs That year. Certainly does not mean a repeat is going to happen and very fair to say it won't. Will agree that team Wright had a tougher bracket to get through...without a doubt and wish a our fellow YJ team made it through. But in no way was battling Hero's Green, Skywalkers and then MD United, where we Never trailed and held off everything they threw at us a "fluke". We are all very good teams and we will all have our day in the sun, but adter the constant bashing of team Thorn... we deserve our day of respect!

Well said RH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn team still hiding in weaker brackets. Play the top teams for a full game then you can claim to be the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the back of the other team. Selfish and not acceptable. Do it the right way to earn respect!

NO ONE is mad or complained they were in the A bracket. Tough competition, but rather lose than to blow out a team. Did that last week and felt like a waste of time. Much more gained this week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS did a horrible job coaching and was exposed this weekend. Parents and players are not happy! Even so, TG did only lose by one to MD United, one other one-goal loss at the buzzer to a team they beat easily two weeks ago. The Monster game was the head scratcher. Everyone was confused as he kept switching girls around and used no plays or common sense. Monster is a very good team who tied MD United. Not sure TG needs a "reality check" but I hope coach gets his act together. As for YJ's win, Congrats, but I don't think they could beat Heros again, they were the best team in the tournament if you look at the scores.

Scores mean nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are we hiding ? We are the real B team remember? It's where you said we belong. By saying what you are saying ,you are admitting that we are better than you write about. Do yourself a favor and spend more time on you and yours. Your going miss out on your own kid because you are focused on coveting us. Just have your kid keep working hard and everything else will work itself out. I hope you guys kill it for the rest of the year. Best of luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thorn team still hiding in weaker brackets. Play the top teams for a full game then you can claim to be the best.

No hiding here. We will be in the top all star express bracket and a competitive bracket in the National Championship tournament. Just accept what happened this weekend and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said RH!

Who is RH?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores mean nothing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores mean nothing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said RH!

Who is RH?

A CR fanboy. They have a twitter bromance going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not incorrect. I wrote the post including the Giants and Patriots analogy. Not RH, who I know does NOT go on this site. If you read the post...I CLEARLY said we are all good teams. Clearly said winning a championship does not mean it will automatically happen again. Clearly wish Wright the best of success. Clearly acknowledge how Hero's, MD Untied, Skywalkers, MD Black and TG are ALL very good teams. "We will all have our day in the sun". The post was made as Team Thorn has bashed for too long of a time and "after this weekend Earned and Deserves the respect" of winning the tournament that included all these teams. A fluke is something that happens once, maybe twice...but certainly Not 3 times. They beat fantastic teams because they are also fantastic. It is ok that we are all in the top
5-8 teams in the country. You'll win one, we will win one and another team will win one. Is that not good enough? Frankly...M&D won 4 out of 8 age groups. Thorn was the only YJ team to win. Feel good about yourself, bit to bash someone else to get there...??? Come on...I've got to believe you are more secure in yourself and diaghters team to know you will have your day. Fair...?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not incorrect. I wrote the post including the Giants and Patriots analogy. Not RH, who I know does NOT go on this site. If you read the post...I CLEARLY said we are all good teams. Clearly said winning a championship does not mean it will automatically happen again. Clearly wish Wright the best of success. Clearly acknowledge how Hero's, MD Untied, Skywalkers, MD Black and TG are ALL very good teams. "We will all have our day in the sun". The post was made as Team Thorn has bashed for too long of a time and "after this weekend Earned and Deserves the respect" of winning the tournament that included all these teams. A fluke is something that happens once, maybe twice...but certainly Not 3 times. They beat fantastic teams because they are also fantastic. It is ok that we are all in the top
5-8 teams in the country. You'll win one, we will win one and another team will win one. Is that not good enough? Frankly...M&D won 4 out of 8 age groups. Thorn was the only YJ team to win. Feel good about yourself, bit to bash someone else to get there...??? Come on...I've got to believe you are more secure in yourself and diaghters team to know you will have your day. Fair...?

Nothing fair about lacrosse, which why the sport brings out the worst in people. The girls are generally great people, it's the parents, coaches and club directors I can do without.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team thorn ducks their top opponents better than Mayweather ducking punches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is the team is not that good. Loaded with friends and family, CR and BT A$$ kissers and will do anything to have their kids stay on the top team. Some of the worst parents in the age group who will smile to your face and talk crap behind each other's back. Great group of kids horrible bunch of parents. If you are not in the inner circle might be time to think about moving on. Nothing will change and it won't get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is the team is not that good. Loaded with friends and family, CR and BT A$$ kissers and will do anything to have their kids stay on the top team. Some of the worst parents in the age group who will smile to your face and talk crap behind each other's back. Great group of kids horrible bunch of parents. If you are not in the inner circle might be time to think about moving on. Nothing will change and it won't get better.

so true, its such a shame. never seen anything like it. What they are saying on the sidelines is horrendous. They certainly are not a bad team. good athletes its just a town team basically. they are literally going to hurt their own kids by their behavior. No one will want them. Their reputation already proceeds them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Reality is the team is not that good."
You lose you suck! You out play and beat three of the age groups best teams in a playoff situation… you STILL suck!

"Nothing will change and it won't get better." The team just won one of the better tournaments… I think it just got a little better.

If people are so unhappy why complain on BOC, leave for a different team there are lots of options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Reality is the team is not that good."
You lose you suck! You out play and beat three of the age groups best teams in a playoff situation… you STILL suck!

"Nothing will change and it won't get better." The team just won one of the better tournaments… I think it just got a little better.

If people are so unhappy why complain on BOC, leave for a different team there are lots of options.

I think the smart ones (didn't say best) already did. The only people on here are the crazies trying to convince everyone else how magnificent the team is. Half the team is miserable and will be looking st other options

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Star Express schedule shouldn't be tough. Would've loved to play leg but that won't happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn is playing 24 teams again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thorn is playing 24 teams again.

You should be worrying about beating the Jesters this weekend not what Thorn is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thorn is playing 24 teams again.

You should be worrying about beating the Jesters this weekend not what Thorn is doing.

:o)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Jesters who went 4-0 today! Not too shabby for a town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Jesters who went 4-0 today! Not too shabby for a town team.

No girls outside Mass on that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the Jesters played any too Maryland or NJ teams yet? Of course they have not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90% Massapequa girls. Will bode well for HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to the Jesters who went 4-0 today! Not too shabby for a town team.

Are the Jesters going back to the Hofstra tournament to redeem themselves for last year's blow out losses to Igloo and TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the Jesters played any too Maryland or NJ teams yet? Of course they have not.

The team they beat twice yesterday is that the same team all the best disgruntled YJ girls went?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team they beat twice yesterday is that the same team all the best disgruntled YJ girls went?

Interesting. Jesters is the St. Rose basketball team that wins the LI class A CYO basketball championship every year? A few of those girls are really good athletes. Great basketball players make great lacrosse players if they can handle the stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the Jesters beat any top Md or Nj teams? Probably not. They get blown out by TG, Igloo and YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Jesters is the St. Rose basketball team that wins the LI class A CYO basketball championship every year? A few of those girls are really good athletes. Great basketball players make great lacrosse players if they can handle the stick.

Great point, helps develop great footwork

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the Jesters beat any top Md or Nj teams? Probably not. They get blown out by TG, Igloo and YJ.

Slow down big fellow, nobody was chest thumping. Had a good day yesterday and beat a quality team, that's all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow down big fellow, nobody was chest thumping. Had a good day yesterday and beat a quality team, that's all.

You pretty much beat Bayport Blue Point without two of their best players. Sounds like Massapequa beat BBP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You pretty much beat Bayport Blue Point without two of their best players. Sounds like Massapequa beat BBP.

^^^^^^ hilarious

Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard