BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 128 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks that anyone. That is how their 2020 and 2021 teams improved so much in 1 year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the teams have holdbacks and none of them have as many holdbacks as you think. When your son is in HS, he'll competing with kids much older than him. It's sad that people are so obsessed about it.

It's sad that you excuse it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks that anyone. That is how their 2020 and 2021 teams improved so much in 1 year.

And there it is the Madlax bashing guy out of left field waiting to ponce with a Madlax insult. Its like he gets a Bat signal to chime in!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are fooling yourself if you think 91, fca, looneys, hawks, laxachusetts, and any of the other 'elite' teams don't have holdbacks. Every single one of those teams does at every single grade level.

You are wrong about Hawks, there might be a few players that have been held back in the organization, but it is not the norm and it certainly not encouraged by the organization.
[/quote]

Seriously? You have no idea what you are talking about. A few players in the organization? What are you smoking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams have holdbacks and none of them have as many holdbacks as you think. When your son is in HS, he'll competing with kids much older than him. It's sad that people are so obsessed about it.

Its sad that you apologists think single year Youth lacrosse and HS are the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither public or parochial schools allow re-classing that occurs at BL, Calvert Hall, Gilman, Landon, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs entire scheme is reclassed kids. Dats it. Without holdbacks they are nothing. 91, FCA, Looneys, Hawks, Laxachusetts are much more talented. Not to mention RM is a complete arse.

You are fooling yourself if you think 91, fca, looneys, hawks, laxachusetts, and any of the other 'elite' teams don't have holdbacks. Every single one of those teams does at every single grade level.

You're fooling yourself if you believe that! I know for a fact the team my son plays on is made up of legitimate 2023 kids aka 11 and 12 yr olds. Rare I know but I'm proud to say our club team is doing it the right way!! I hope more decide to follow that lead.

Which club?

Probably another dad or coach not counting the summer birthdays as holdbacks.

Team 91 2023......every kid on that team is 11 and 12. No Hold backs and working hard to improve each week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks organization has a large percentage of kids from public an parochial schools - neither allow re-classing that goes on at the Baltimore private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks organization has a large percentage of kids from public an parochial schools - neither allow re-classing that goes on at the Baltimore private schools.

The Hawks have many holdbacks on their teams also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs entire scheme is reclassed kids. Dats it. Without holdbacks they are nothing. 91, FCA, Looneys, Hawks, Laxachusetts are much more talented. Not to mention RM is a complete arse.

You're fooling yourself if you believe that! I know for a fact the team my son plays on is made up of legitimate 2023 kids aka 11 and 12 yr olds. Rare I know but I'm proud to say our club team is doing it the right way!! I hope more decide to follow that lead.

Which club?

Probably another dad or coach not counting the summer birthdays as holdbacks.

Team 91 2023......every kid on that team is 11 and 12. No Hold backs and working hard to improve each week.

Sorry to inform you that you have at least kid that will turn 13 this summer. Meaning he was held back from kindergarten when he was 5. This is not to disparage the kid, parents or club. Only to inform that your club holds tryouts the same way all the others do - by grade. Then takes the best kids that say yes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your info Calvert Hall and Loyola are both Parochial schools. So much for that theory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its sad that you apologists think single year Youth lacrosse and HS are the same thing.

This is HS age group now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean parents pay money to give their kids legal advantages in school, sports, and life. The shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks have many holdbacks on their teams also.

That's just not true, i'm sure a friend of your Aunt Betty's lives across the street from someone that knows a kid that plays for the Hawks and he will be 21 when he graduates next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong about Hawks, there might be a few players that have been held back in the organization, but it is not the norm and it certainly not encouraged by the organization.

Seriously? You have no idea what you are talking about. A few players in the organization? What are you smoking?[/quote]

Yes, seriously. You have no idea if you think otherwise, put the hooka down and step away from the computer. No need to spread ridiculous lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parochial is a school associated with a church/parish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. There are tons of holdbacks at Calvert Hall, St. Mary's, MSJ, etc. They don't allow people to repeat a HS grade, but all you have to do is repeat 8th or an earlier grade, which many do. For example, one of CH's kids going to Ohio State is a holdback. To imply they don't have holdbacks at parochial schools is nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is HS age group now

What?? We are discussing All Crab Teams and holdbacks...They go hand in Hand in their youth teams to get an advantage....... HS teams different story.. you are right in HS, grade base it is..Of course there is some advantage but many have hit puberty to limit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. There are tons of holdbacks at Calvert Hall, St. Mary's, MSJ, etc. They don't allow people to repeat a HS grade, but all you have to do is repeat 8th or an earlier grade, which many do. For example, one of CH's kids going to Ohio State is a holdback. To imply they don't have holdbacks at parochial schools is nonsense.

Any MIAA A lacrosse school parochial or not has holdbacks/prefirsts/reclassed all thru them. Even some of the MIAA B have quite a few .. It has been that way for many years. Really wasnt a big deal until YOUTh lacrosse decided to give them an advantage by playing these holdbacks/prefirst/reclassed down due to grade base.

If age based lacrosse was the norm in Baltimore very little would be said about it. Just like 4-5 years ago when even the Crabs were age based in youth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Does your son have friends in GT art or math or science or ? Do you complain about the holdback conspiracy? No, probably bc your kid attends public school and has that creative, intelligence advantage so you do not care. This holdback, private school clown show of lacrosse is built on white privilege elite cheaters who have inherited fortunes over the years. Let them have it now. Their grandchildren certainly will not because that privilege will die. Look at Gilman football. Team was dominant, privileged snowflake parents complained so their boys could play - they did, and got crushed. Same holds true for lacrosse future. How many of you holdback lacrosse parents have kids that compete, or even play, in other sports?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? You have no idea what you are talking about. A few players in the organization? What are you smoking?

Yes, seriously. You have no idea if you think otherwise, put the hooka down and step away from the computer. No need to spread ridiculous lies.
[/quote]

I baffles me that people don't know that the kids know each other and know how old they are. Everyone knows who the Hawks holdbacks are. The 2022 team has a whole bunch of them. Other teams do as well. I don't know why people lie about it. Do you just not know that they have a bunch of holdbacks? I don't have a problem with holdbacks even though my son is not one. I just don't understand why all these parents think that their club is so above everyone. Even crappy teams have holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complaining is for losers. Don't sign up for something if you have inherent problem with it. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I baffles me that people don't know that the kids know each other and know how old they are. Everyone knows who the Hawks holdbacks are. The 2022 team has a whole bunch of them. Other teams do as well. I don't know why people lie about it. Do you just not know that they have a bunch of holdbacks? I don't have a problem with holdbacks even though my son is not one. I just don't understand why all these parents think that their club is so above everyone. Even crappy teams have holdbacks.[/quote]

Dont sweat the holdback game. My guy plays for one of the elite teams menttioned and is one of only a few that are not pre-first, repeater or both. The gap will close if the younger has any talent or desire to compete. I always thought it was a plus to compete against older kids and have something to reach for. The older kids who were mediocre against their age group and dropped down are now mediocre again. He went through the same situation in 8th and 9th grade, it is very painful at the time but the long term process is coming to fruition. The no touch untill Sept 1 Junior year will allow this to work itself out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I baffles me that people don't know that the kids know each other and know how old they are. Everyone knows who the Hawks holdbacks are. The 2022 team has a whole bunch of them. Other teams do as well. I don't know why people lie about it. Do you just not know that they have a bunch of holdbacks? I don't have a problem with holdbacks even though my son is not one. I just don't understand why all these parents think that their club is so above everyone. Even crappy teams have holdbacks.[/quote]

what is the definition of a bunch, not lying about anything, just know there are some, but it is not prevalent and is not pushed like it is some organizations. i don't have a problem with the holdbacks either, it is what it is in this current landscape. Who exactly are the holdbacks, since you know so much more than the rest of us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs will take the very best eligible kids. Period. Private schools in baltimore highly encourage pre-first when starting and repeating a grade when transferring. It helps scholastically, socially, and yes .. athletically.

The best clubs draw the best eligible kids which are more likely to be holdbacks. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called cheating...Is it in the rules...yes...But no other youth sport does it. period soccer has prefirst kids but those kids play by birthday like basketball volleyball baseball and hockey. Private schools think they control lacrosse but change is coming its the biggest complaint in the lacrosse community. If little johnny is that good have him play up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest the majority of holdbacks would not be able to make an elite on age team, that's what holdback parents fear the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called cheating...Is it in the rules...yes...But no other youth sport does it. period soccer has prefirst kids but those kids play by birthday like basketball volleyball baseball and hockey. Private schools think they control lacrosse but change is coming its the biggest complaint in the lacrosse community. If little johnny is that good have him play up.

All sports do it. Some of the private middle schools in DC practically require it for all basketball players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back parents are losers. Period done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, your jealousy is very apparent. It is just oozing out of your computer. Now that is what I would call a LOSER. Done, BOOM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, your jealousy is very apparent. It is just oozing out of your computer. Now that is what I would call a LOSER. Done, BOOM

What are we jealous about? That our kids can play on age at the same level that your older kid has to play at to excel? I don't think jealous is the word you are looking for.

I think pathetic is a better word for what you have to do for your child to be able to play at an elite level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs will take the very best eligible kids. Period. Private schools in baltimore highly encourage pre-first when starting and repeating a grade when transferring. It helps scholastically, socially, and yes .. athletically.

The best clubs draw the best eligible kids which are more likely to be holdbacks. End of story.

What is amazing to me is no one cares to discuss the safety concerns associated with 'holdbacks'. Lacrosse is a contact sport and I witnessed my 11 year old son recently squaring up against a 14 year old in a tournament a few weeks back; the size difference was 6 inches and about 50lbs. I can only imagine if those two would have collided in the crease. The bottom line in a contact sport is holdbacks pose dangerous scenarios. And to those parents that hold their kid back; explain to me the rationale of do so? Having your son who is 1 to 2 years older (in some cases more) than the kids their playing against should be embarrassing!! What are you teaching your son other than taking the easy road to succeed instead of working hard to achieve their goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent 285 pages of talk about holdbacks enough. What more can be said ? All the complaining in the world isnt going to change it. Move on....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's funny that you think this is a "boom" kind of response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is amazing to me is no one cares to discuss the safety concerns associated with 'holdbacks'. Lacrosse is a contact sport and I witnessed my 11 year old son recently squaring up against a 14 year old in a tournament a few weeks back; the size difference was 6 inches and about 50lbs. I can only imagine if those two would have collided in the crease. The bottom line in a contact sport is holdbacks pose dangerous scenarios. And to those parents that hold their kid back; explain to me the rationale of do so? Having your son who is 1 to 2 years older (in some cases more) than the kids their playing against should be embarrassing!! What are you teaching your son other than taking the easy road to succeed instead of working hard to achieve their goals.

I'm assuming you requested a birth certificate to confirm that he was 14 and not just made an assumption based on size?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arent 285 pages of talk about holdbacks enough. What more can be said ? All the complaining in the world isnt going to change it. Move on....

Not when it comes to the safety of the boys playing; THIS TOPIC SHOULD NEVER GO AWAY!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when it comes to the safety of the boys playing; THIS TOPIC SHOULD NEVER GO AWAY!!!

Please....as long as the refs do their job, no one is getting hurt because they are playing against a kid a year older. If they were, high school teams would be by grade and heaven forbid a freshman play on Varsity. My point is that after 285 pages, this argument never changes and never will. Find the best place for your kid to play and give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So rec was always unsafe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remember getting hit plowed over by this big fat defensemen when I was in 7th grade. He was a year ahead in school, although I only think of it now, and certainly did not at the time. I got up and am alive here today to participate in this amazing anonymous youth lacrosse forum. My Dad was the coach and thought it was funny. I would say end of story, but it really isn't interesting enough to be a story, kind of like arguing about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he was 15 and 75 lbs heavier. Some people are saying he was at least 16. Many many people are saying he was about 100 lbs heavier.

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 128 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard