BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happend to Crabs is that a bunch of their holdbacks now play for FCA. In addition - the advantage they had over teams because of holdbacks is also dwindling because their opponents have actually hit puberty.

Crabs is a dying a slow death. Recruiting rule change and the eventual move to age based classification per USL recommendations will put an end to their scheme. Long over due.

When you are like 14-3 on the Summer season, and the loses are all one or two point playoff games to top 10 teams nationally, I wouldn't consider that slow death, I would consider that great lacrosse! Very Fake News.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs 2020. They are pretty bad now. Definitely not the top tier team they use to be.

Three reasons:

1. Defections to other teams
2. Others playing the holdback game that Crabs created (namely, FCA)
3. Puberty closing the gap for non-holdback players

Their margins in any loses are slimmer this year without the bad seeds, 1 point to Looneys, 2 point to Crush. Not sure about Hawks, but congrats to Annapolis, great OT game! Very Fake News. Top 10 team Nationally. You wish your team was even in the discussion to play against Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs 2020. They are pretty bad now. Definitely not the top tier team they use to be.

Three reasons:

Their margins in any loses are slimmer this year without the bad seeds, 1 point to Looneys, 2 point to Crush. Not sure about Hawks, but congrats to Annapolis, great OT game! Very Fake News. Top 10 team Nationally. You wish your team was even in the discussion to play against Crabs.

They couldn't make the semis in their own tournament. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their line up is full of re-classed kids who should actually be 19s and in the case of one or two 18s. I bet that 2020 team doesn't win a single tournament this summer. Without the holdback advantage they are really aren't that impressive. 17 year old attackman playing against 14 year olds. Wow - that is something to be proud of - even the college coaches on the sidelines were making fun of them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three reasons:

They invite all of the best teams, why sad? Great lacrosse. Like anything else in life, the kids are playing the highest level, so you win, you lose, and you keep fighting!
You are just sore you aren't invited!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their line up is full of re-classed kids who should actually be 19s and in the case of one or two 18s. I bet that 2020 team doesn't win a single tournament this summer. Without the holdback advantage they are really aren't that impressive. 17 year old attackman playing against 14 year olds. Wow - that is something to be proud of - even the college coaches on the sidelines were making fun of them...

There is no "should be", when you are in HS you are in a grade, at least the State of Maryland seems to think so, but I guess you are the authority now?? Like every other team with private school kids, just is what it is at this point in HS. Yeah, I guess colleges have really been wary of private school kids, no representation of private school kids in college ball at all these days!! Let's keep it real simple, so your apparent excitement over an OT loss can dwindle even more quickly than it would naturally - these kids are going to play ball all throughout college, period. Guess what, in college, they are going to lose many games, and magically, their lives will continue!! Have fun worrying about another team losing a game, my friend, while your own life passes on by...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three reasons:

Don't forget the OT win they squeezed out against Freedom. The home town refs had a big hand in that comeback win (they were down 5-0 in the first half)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three reasons:

They invite all of the best teams, why sad? Great lacrosse. Like anything else in life, the kids are playing the highest level, so you win, you lose, and you keep fighting!

Come on now. Fat Crab structured the bracket so he didn't have to play FCA or Looney's until the championship. You KNOW he thought he was at least making the semis. But the Hawks spoiled the party. Sorry Fat Crab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "should be", when you are in HS you are in a grade, at least the State of Maryland seems to think so, but I guess you are the authority now?? Like every other team with private school kids, just is what it is at this point in HS. Yeah, I guess colleges have really been wary of private school kids, no representation of private school kids in college ball at all these days!! Let's keep it real simple, so your apparent excitement over an OT loss can dwindle even more quickly than it would naturally - these kids are going to play ball all throughout college, period. Guess what, in college, they are going to lose many games, and magically, their lives will continue!! Have fun worrying about another team losing a game, my friend, while your own life passes on by... [/quote]

Clearly you are Crabs parent that has bought into the whole holdback schtik. I'm sorry - but 17 years old before you even start 10th grade is a joke. I don't have any excitement over an overtime win/loss. I do however enjoy seeing a team of scrappy 14/15 year old kids beat a team that is so stacked with holdbacks it borders on being comical.

I have two kids that played in college - both on age and one has national championship ring. Thanks for life lesson though....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three reasons:

Come on now. Fat Crab structured the bracket so he didn't have to play FCA or Looney's until the championship. You KNOW he thought he was at least making the semis. But the Hawks spoiled the party. Sorry Fat Crab.

Seeds were established by goals against after first round. There was no possible way to predict next round. Very Fake News. Looneys much better, practically had to wrap a bow around it and send it to FCA.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. The games were based on the brackets that each team played in and were set prior to the tournament. Crabs were already set to play whoever came out of the Hawks bracket. Presumably the theory being that Crabs would make it past the Hawks or whoever came out of that bracket but they knew it would not be Looneys, FCA or Laxachusetts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "should be", when you are in HS you are in a grade, at least the State of Maryland seems to think so, but I guess you are the authority now?? Like every other team with private school kids, just is what it is at this point in HS. Yeah, I guess colleges have really been wary of private school kids, no representation of private school kids in college ball at all these days!! Let's keep it real simple, so your apparent excitement over an OT loss can dwindle even more quickly than it would naturally - these kids are going to play ball all throughout college, period. Guess what, in college, they are going to lose many games, and magically, their lives will continue!! Have fun worrying about another team losing a game, my friend, while your own life passes on by...

Clearly you are Crabs parent that has bought into the whole holdback schtik. I'm sorry - but 17 years old before you even start 10th grade is a joke. I don't have any excitement over an overtime win/loss. I do however enjoy seeing a team of scrappy 14/15 year old kids beat a team that is so stacked with holdbacks it borders on being comical.

I have two kids that played in college - both on age and one has national championship ring. Thanks for life lesson though.... [/quote]

You are welcome, and that is great about your boys. I guess you sucked a bag of monkey balls at lax, but at least they could hack it, so you could come away with something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. The games were based on the brackets that each team played in and were set prior to the tournament. Crabs were already set to play whoever came out of the Hawks bracket. Presumably the theory being that Crabs would make it past the Hawks or whoever came out of that bracket but they knew it would not be Looneys, FCA or Laxachusetts.

Not true at all. Original bracket winners were seeded by record (all were 3-0), then goals against in 1 through 8 order. The 1-8 seedings were not tied into particular original bracket A-H, hence FCA, Crabs, Looney's, etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. Original bracket winners were seeded by record (all were 3-0), then goals against in 1 through 8 order. The 1-8 seedings were not tied into particular original bracket A-H, hence FCA, Crabs, Looney's, etc..

Next you're going to tell me that Fat Crab isn't Fat, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone notice how the freaking Long Island Bluefish gave Laxachusetts the best game the whole tournament minus their championship game??? Shows anyone can play with anyone now a days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are welcome, and that is great about your boys. I guess you sucked a bag of monkey balls at lax, but at least they could hack it, so you could come away with something.

I was wrong - you must be an FCA parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope crab daddy. As previous poster stated, brackets were published last week, crabs were slated to play whoever won the Hawks bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope crab daddy. As previous poster stated, brackets were published last week, crabs were slated to play whoever won the Hawks bracket.

Wrong. Brackets were based on record, then goals against. Keep trying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all of the close games and great lax this Summer, I'm surprised with the personal bs and attacks. Lacrosse was always a tight community, so I get rivalries, but we have a great thing going here and we should see the same sportsmanship among parents as the boys seem to have on the fields. My kid likes the other teams and players, a little more after the game, and he doesn't care where they go to school, where they are from, or what their parents think of his club director. These kids want to excel and likely play till last day in HS and then have college career. Sportsmanship, respect?? Remember that stuff that our parents were into, cause they would never be into this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 8 came from all of the brackets, so you had to wait on the results of day 1, then the teams were all seeded 1-24 (I believe there were 24 total teams). 1-8 seeds played for the championship, so you are incorrect the Crabs didn't set it up to avoid anyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG...typical delusional crab daddy nonsense. The bracket chart clearly showed how all of the brackets lined up e.g. A vs. E, B vs. F. It was out there for several days before the event, for everyone to see. Saying it was something different does not make it so.

My last comment on this topic since everyone who was actually paying attention knows how it was set up, or "a set up" depending on how you look at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 8 came from all of the brackets, so you had to wait on the results of day 1, then the teams were all seeded 1-24 (I believe there were 24 total teams). 1-8 seeds played for the championship, so you are incorrect the Crabs didn't set it up to avoid anyone

Stay on topic please. It was known before the tournament began that the winner of Crabs bracket (A) would play the winner of Hawks bracket (E). As it turned out the Hawks were too much for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crabs dad, but the attacks are petty and offbase. The pool was relatively easy, but all hosts do that for their teams. But they lose in the quarterfinals by one to the runner up and now they are terrible?

I wish people here would have to give their real names. Calling the owner Fat Crab is pretty lame. No need to resort to name calling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all of the close games and great lax this Summer, I'm surprised with the personal bs and attacks. Lacrosse was always a tight community, so I get rivalries, but we have a great thing going here and we should see the same sportsmanship among parents as the boys seem to have on the fields. My kid likes the other teams and players, a little more after the game, and he doesn't care where they go to school, where they are from, or what their parents think of his club director. These kids want to excel and likely play till last day in HS and then have college career. Sportsmanship, respect?? Remember that stuff that our parents were into, cause they would never be into this...

In theory your assessment would be he ideal but have you never had the pleasure of playing the Crabs or Looneys? How is being a year or two older and facing kids that you know are younger good sportsmanship? These older kids step on that field knowing that they have an advantage before the game starts. Yes, the difference due to puberty kicking in decreases each year they are in high school but do not delude yourself. The real players do not respect those gaming the system and those players certainly have no respect for those they need to holdback in order to win. Years ago, respect was earned by playing up - not down. Much has changed and the community has been ruined by college recruiting and the parents who will do anything to make their kids "winners".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG...typical delusional crab daddy nonsense. The bracket chart clearly showed how all of the brackets lined up e.g. A vs. E, B vs. F. It was out there for several days before the event, for everyone to see. Saying it was something different does not make it so.

My last comment on this topic since everyone who was actually paying attention knows how it was set up, or "a set up" depending on how you look at it.

You are a moron. The bracket was setup as 1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc... Keep on trying with your conspiracy theories. Next thing you're going to say is that we didn't put people on the moon...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But no one knew who would be 1 or who would be 8 or any other seed. Therefore, there is no way to make sure you are in a different bracket from crabs, fCA, looneys or whomever. Crabs, laxachusetts etc might note have even made the top 8 seeds if they didn't do well on saturday. anyone could have been the 1 seed or 32nd seed.

Not following how Crabs rigged the seeding when the seeds were based on goals against and then goal differential. Crabs could have played looneys or fca in quarters if the goals against worked out that way.

Pleaseven explain how it was rigged when anyone could have been the 1 or 8 or 22nd seed after first 3 games? Nothx one team knew where they would be seeded going into the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You are a moron. The bracket was setup as 1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc... Keep on trying with your conspiracy theories. Next thing you're going to say is that we didn't put people on the moon... [/quote]

Yeah dumbo. #1 vs #8, and so on, as seeded following day 1, based on a ranking of 1-8. That's the way every bracket tourney is set up! Seeds 1-8 after day 1 were based on record (all bracket winners were 3-0), then goals against. If Looney's would have allowed a few less goals day 1, they would have been seeded 2 and played Hawks. There was not set connection to day 1 brackets A-H in terms of who you played day 2. This is just the truth, so not sure why it matters now, and why you are trying to explain or defend something that is false.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In theory your assessment would be he ideal but have you never had the pleasure of playing the Crabs or Looneys? How is being a year or two older and facing kids that you know are younger good sportsmanship? These older kids step on that field knowing that they have an advantage before the game starts. Yes, the difference due to puberty kicking in decreases each year they are in high school but do not delude yourself. The real players do not respect those gaming the system and those players certainly have no respect for those they need to holdback in order to win. Years ago, respect was earned by playing up - not down. Much has changed and the community has been ruined by college recruiting and the parents who will do anything to make their kids "winners".

So again, a rules issue. You make a case for a rules issue, but then state kids and teams are unsportsmanlike, I assume for signing up for lacrosse in a legal manner. You don't like the rules, but you get more out of criticizing kids, I suppose. Never ending cycle. Yes, my kid has played all of those teams, and I have coached against all of those teams. I never have mentioned the age of the opposition once to any of my players. We play club lacrosse, not birthday buddy club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Day 2 seeding was by record, then goals against. A was not predetermined to play E, and so on. That is very fake news. That is a lie. Seeded match ups were by ranking, not by day 1 bracket. FCA was seeded #1 because they had the fewest goals against. All bracket winners day 1 were 3-0. Crabs had 2nd fewest goals against, hence #2. Looney's had 3rd fewest goals against, hence #3. And so on..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not following how Crabs rigged the seeding when the seeds were based on goals against and then goal differential. Crabs could have played looneys or fca in quarters if the goals against worked out that way.

Pleaseven explain how it was rigged when anyone could have been the 1 or 8 or 22nd seed after first 3 games? Nothx one team knew where they would be seeded going into the tournament.

[/quote]
Because they don't want that to be true, so it mustn't be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they don't want that to be true, so it mustn't be[/quote]

Can we please stop crying about this. Crabs didn't make the semis in their own tournament. Seeding had nothing to do with it. They got outplayed by the boys from Annapolis. One thing we can all agree on--they didn't see THAT coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate the Crabs, but their tournament is the best and is as fair as any out there. Sour grapes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate the Crabs, but their tournament is the best and is as fair as any out there. Sour grapes.

No sour grapes at all, crabs one and done in playoffs...quite happy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we please stop crying about this. Crabs didn't make the semis in their own tournament. Seeding had nothing to do with it. They got outplayed by the boys from Annapolis. One thing we can all agree on--they didn't see THAT coming. [/quote]

Typical Hawks fanfare....win a 1 point OT game against Crabs and brag for the next 3 days on BOTC. But not say a peep about the beat down you got from Laxachusetts. Really quite comical. Go Hawks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we please stop crying about this. Crabs didn't make the semis in their own tournament. Seeding had nothing to do with it. They got outplayed by the boys from Annapolis. One thing we can all agree on--they didn't see THAT coming.

Typical Hawks fanfare....win a 1 point OT game against Crabs and brag for the next 3 days on BOTC. But not say a peep about the beat down you got from Laxachusetts. Really quite comical. Go Hawks!
[/quote]

Hawks get blown out at nap town by the clams?? Bwahahahaha. Hawks suck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then the Hawks lose to 3D? Bwahahahahha. Hawks suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 17 year old 9th graders on Crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. If you really want to know that bad why not just call them up and ask or better yet ask them for their roster with DOB. I'm not a Crabs fan, quite the opposite but is this the best thing you have to do with your time? You really need something to do with your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

their entire starting lineup, Crabs has 1 more than FCA 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure... would love to know, but what's it matter? Teams are formed and are playing each week. LET IT GO. This will never change.
The sport is growing and no one team is dominating anymore. Hawks were hot at Crab Feast and beat Crabs. Not so hot today. Bottom line... any day these teams can each beat each other.

Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard