BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2023
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which club(s) are the most flexible with multi-sport athletes? i want my daughter to play multiple sports and not focus on any one sport when she's only 12 years old. Even if lacrosse is her best sport. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which club(s) are the most flexible with multi-sport athletes? i want my daughter to play multiple sports and not focus on any one sport when she's only 12 years old. Even if lacrosse is her best sport. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Almost all are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost all are.

I agree that clubs have been flexible, but there's more of an unsaid expectation developing that the commitment to them trumps anything else. I suspect that trend will continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are flexible to the point that you are ok as long as you choose them over anything else if there is a conflict

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that clubs say they are flexible until there is a conflict. Even in "off-season" ...i.e. fall and winter. Crazy that 6th graders are already being pushed into deciding which is more important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that clubs say they are flexible until there is a conflict. Even in "off-season" ...i.e. fall and winter. Crazy that 6th graders are already being pushed into deciding which is more important.

I guess the way I look at it is if I'm paying 2K a year for club lax I'm going to go to club lacrosse over some other rec activity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just the $2k club dues....add on all the travel, hotels, etc and it's upward to $5k per year. The economics just don't add up when you are spending $5k per year for grades 6-12. $35k on club lacrosse is a lot of money...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few clubs out there that do not charge $2k-$3k per year (but you still have travel costs). Not sure the coaching is that different when paying $2k-$3k when at least a few of the coaches are parents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the way I look at it is if I'm paying 2K a year for club lax I'm going to go to club lacrosse over some other rec activity.

Very simple to figure out......

Fall is Soccer season
Winter is Basketball Season
Spring/Summer LAX Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reality is fall/winter/spring/summer = insane soccer coach season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some really top notch 2023 programs in Maryland /DC / VA area. Blessed to have so many options and quality coaching. We moved here from Texas. Fun to watch but some crazy football like parents out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reality is fall/winter/spring/summer = insane soccer coach season

Don't forget the zealous swimming coaches. It's pretty well all sports nowadays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full season completed, looks like evenly talented teams at A and B levels. No one dominant team which is great from a competitive standpoint. Lots of options for girls looking for the right fit, right program and right coaching. Best of luck at next months try outs.

Link Copied to Clipboard