BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 99 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have the exact information written down anymore, but would say for HS aged players for LIE North, it is roughly as follows, depending upon tier (there are AA and A teams for certain grades):

Fall ~6 1 1/2 hour practices, 2-3 tournaments
Winter ~6-8 1 1/2 hour practices, 0 tournaments
Spring 0 practices or tournaments (a few indoor box sessions offered)
Summer ~16 1 1/2 hour practices, 4-5 tournaments

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2022

1.primetime
2.superstars
3.chargers
4.predators
5.two way
6.express north
7.tristate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garbage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments on the Eclipse program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all the Westchester teams do in all the different tournaments this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway
then: Pride, CT Select, Rhino select, Topside, 81+10 tristate, 3D tristate, Ballers, Westchester Warriors, HOS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway
then: Pride, CT Select, Rhino select, Topside, 81+10 tristate, 3D tristate, Ballers, Westchester Warriors, HOS

Big gap between 2023 PT and the north. PT beat up on the north this weekend at the lax clash 13 to 4 and beat them last week at the big h by 4 or 5 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 24.

Eclipse , prime time, express north. Fairly equal.

Everyone else below

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 2025, based on comparables:

1) PT
2) Express North (have only played in the fall so far I think)
3) nine d won tristate, ballers, superstars (count them as westchester??), predators

teams not listed - don't know anything about them, am not presuming them to be above or below any of the above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

Big gap between 2023 PT and the north. PT beat up on the north this weekend at the lax clash 13 to 4 and beat them last week at the big h by 4 or 5 goals.

In the age groups I've seen at two LI tourneys, HOS got spanked in every game they played. These were both 'A' tourneys, so maybe they shouldn't have chosen those.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2021A-just horrendous.

Express North 2021AA-not a real AA team. But at least not horrendous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

In the age groups I've seen at two LI tourneys, HOS got spanked in every game they played. These were both 'A' tourneys, so maybe they shouldn't have chosen those.

This "ranking" may be accurate but there are major levels between them. PT way up, then North and Eclipse on next level, then Preds and 2way on next level. Then, wow. There are so many "B" teams (or what Long Island considers C or D teams). Most of those teams are smart enough to stick to small tourneys like CT Cup or War Games to find similar competition but the ones that venture out of their element get slaughtered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express 2021AA Lost to PT 2021 by two goals and LIE North doesn't have any holdbacks (what % of PT roster is really 2020?). The team is AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure only losing by 2 goals means anything. like I said. Not horrendous but not a real AA team. Politics impacts all teams but North 2021AA more than most. Some top notch players but also some that just shouldn't be there. They are somewhere between A and AA but cannot compete with the big boys. That doesn't mean that they are going to get blown out, only that they cannot consistently win.

I do stand by 2021A being totally horrendous. Some good players but too many on that team lacking basic skills. Hard to have success at this level when you have kids that can't catch and throw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

This "ranking" may be accurate but there are major levels between them. PT way up, then North and Eclipse on next level, then Preds and 2way on next level. Then, wow. There are so many "B" teams (or what Long Island considers C or D teams). Most of those teams are smart enough to stick to small tourneys like CT Cup or War Games to find similar competition but the ones that venture out of their element get slaughtered.

I agree with what you said, but its worth noting that the majority of the "B" teams are true NY 6th grade teams, meaning the large majority of players are 2005s. PT, Express N and Eclipse, due in part to having CT kids, have many 2004s, and maybe a few 2003s. The age difference means something. If these clubs would play in a 2005 division, the B teams will see nearly all of their roster eligible, while the top clubs will have to use a healthy mix of their 2023 and 2024 teams. PT, etc may still be better (who knows), because the kids are very talented, experienced and athletic, but the gap would close significantly - at least for the good B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

I agree with what you said, but its worth noting that the majority of the "B" teams are true NY 6th grade teams, meaning the large majority of players are 2005s. PT, Express N and Eclipse, due in part to having CT kids, have many 2004s, and maybe a few 2003s. The age difference means something. If these clubs would play in a 2005 division, the B teams will see nearly all of their roster eligible, while the top clubs will have to use a healthy mix of their 2023 and 2024 teams. PT, etc may still be better (who knows), because the kids are very talented, experienced and athletic, but the gap would close significantly - at least for the good B teams.

TRUE. If the club scene ever had to adhere to Sept 1st age limits like US Lacrosse, CONNY and even WSYL are doing, then PT, North and Eclipse would lose at least 50% of their players. I bet 2way with the Brunswick connection would also lose a lot of players, and Preds some as well. You make a good point-- the whole "A" vs "B" thing is totally skewed by clubs who grab older players and don't care about the morals involved. Shameful for parents to hold back kids for sports advantage yet they always justify it. Top clubs love it and claim its a necessary evil to compete against other top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

TRUE. If the club scene ever had to adhere to Sept 1st age limits like US Lacrosse, CONNY and even WSYL are doing, then PT, North and Eclipse would lose at least 50% of their players. I bet 2way with the Brunswick connection would also lose a lot of players, and Preds some as well. You make a good point-- the whole "A" vs "B" thing is totally skewed by clubs who grab older players and don't care about the morals involved. Shameful for parents to hold back kids for sports advantage yet they always justify it. Top clubs love it and claim its a necessary evil to compete against other top clubs.

My son plays on a so called A team with a total of 24 on the roster. Out of the 24 kids 4 or 5 don't make the Sept 1st deadline. That is hardly 1/2 the roster. Take the 4 or 5 kids off the team and guess what they still are a A team. They could hang and beat the most competitive teams in their grade level. It's about talent not age. Size can be intimidating but a true A player no matter how small plays big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

You identified yet another reason to move to birth year. No incentive to hold a kid back. Kids will play based on when they were born, which is a fixed variable that can't be changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure only losing by 2 goals means anything. like I said. Not horrendous but not a real AA team. Politics impacts all teams but North 2021AA more than most. Some top notch players but also some that just shouldn't be there. They are somewhere between A and AA but cannot compete with the big boys. That doesn't mean that they are going to get blown out, only that they cannot consistently win.

I do stand by 2021A being totally horrendous. Some good players but too many on that team lacking basic skills. Hard to have success at this level when you have kids that can't catch and throw.

How do you define the difference between AA and A? If PT 2021 is AA and they only beat Express North by 2 goals (especially considering PT has many holdbacks), then they are an even match. 2 goal difference is a very competitive game.

How does politics impact North 2021AA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i AGREE WITH That

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be Realistic on the 2022's

1) PT
2) SS
3) Team 91 Tristate, Express N, Predators, 2 Way

Who cares about the Chargers- no consistency or anyone else

You have 4 teams in this year that are relatively equal with SS 2022 barely above them. I hear 91 Tristate is the team to watch. I was told by a parent who's son plays for another AA program on LI who saw them play that these kids are good and play well as a team- Glad to hear that a relatively newer program in Westchester run by a good guy is seeing results!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying ts 91 is good or bad. But how can you know if they never play any real teams in real tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT 2021 was missing 9 players at that tournament...could be why the margin wasn't larger!uyhphp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express 2021AA Lost to PT 2021 by two goals and LIE North doesn't have any holdbacks (what % of PT roster is really 2020?). The team is AA.

North AA is A+ at best.

North A is a C team that I'm sure the bosses could care less about. Just selling the dream.

Holdbacks or not PT and Eclipse AA only legit AA around here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, PT2021 won by 2 goals but was playing without 9 of their players! Are there hold backs? Yes, show me a team without them!
Express North 2021AA is a decent team and with a few more good players will be competitive with PT and Eclipse. PT beat Eclipse by 4 at Sweetlax.

ExpressNorth 2021A is a total joke though, I guess parents prefer A over B or C....as they write the check!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2023:
1. primetime
2. express north
3. eclipse
4. predators
5. twoway

For 2024, there isn't much. PT, Preds, Eclipse, Express North, Superstar, Two Way, Ballers cannot compete with LI A/B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pt , eclipse and express north 2024 are competitive with all but the best teams. Good solid games with. Crabs, Outlaws , bbl, laxachusetts, express Long Island, igloo. Not competitive with 91, legacy, madlax, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pt , eclipse and express north 2024 are competitive with all but the best teams. Good solid games with. Crabs, Outlaws , bbl, laxachusetts, express Long Island, igloo. Not competitive with 91, legacy, madlax, etc.

maybe crabs and outlaws. Not close with the others and definitely blowouts with AA. Just look at NLF or HHH scores

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I said. Not competitive with true top teams. Only 2 top teams on the island, 1-2 in philly and then Maryland. But again. It's all relative. Around here pt , express north and eclipse would kick the crap out of. Ballers, superstars, tristate 91 and 3D. And predators. 2 way and Rhino, etc. so. What's your point? Outlaws gold just won the war games at purchase. Outlaws gold is a C team. So what does that make 91 and the ballers. Not to say good players aren't playing on those teams, Just that more play for pt eclipse and express north

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad New England team took so many 2021 CT kids. no way they can compete with Baltimore oare LI teams which are loaded!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Methinks some of those CT choices were political. . . . Seems very "strange" to have an entire roster of attacks from same club. Hmmmmm. . . . . Something to do with evaluators rather than talent???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you guys elaborate on what your talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2024 won legacy tourney. Some quality opponents. Yes I know, no 91, legacy taz, madlax etc. but good win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UnderArmour Team New England 2020/2021 - roster selections a joke this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the PT dad of the kid who got cut.....

UnderArmour Team New England 2020/2021 - roster selections a joke this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 2020/2021 team went 6-2 only losing to Baltimore..Coached by the 2020 Express North AA coach...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, PT2021 won by 2 goals but was playing without 9 of their players! Are there hold backs? Yes, show me a team without them!
Express North 2021AA is a decent team and with a few more good players will be competitive with PT and Eclipse. PT beat Eclipse by 4 at Sweetlax.

ExpressNorth 2021A is a total joke though, I guess parents prefer A over B or C....as they write the check!

Show you a 2021AA team with out holdbacks? The LI Express 2021AA team. The team keeps beating teams with MANY holdbacks Laxachusetts, ADVNC San Fransisco.....physical maturity will come with time, how you guys can post on here proudly that "yeah, PT (or whoever) has holdbacks BUT....." give me a break. There is no shame in this sport anymore, what is that teaching the kids? I won't be forced to hold my son back because you people are so insecure and pathetic that you feel your kids must play against younger players to compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Political impact=kids on team that never tried out/related to coaches/agreed to reclass. Whatever. It happens everywhere.

That's just a flat out inaccurate statement. My sons been on the team since inception: all kids tried out, don't know what kids are related to coaches(?) other than their son and all kids belong on the team, there are no holdbacks. Enjoy your sons time on whatever program he's playing for, no need to attack another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Westchester, are you the next holdback haven. Seems like many I meet out of that area are knowingly using the holdback loophole.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 99 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard