BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 102 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So Express loses to Laxachusetts and Igloo loses to 2 teams that it supposed to beat!!! The Times the are a changing! Sounds to me like these daddy coaches are picking kids with their heart and not there brain.

Daddy coaches kid is the worst one on the team in arctic north.

Igloo lost to two very good teams. Both teams where in the championship game. My sons team was one of them. Igloo had size and skill. We were just better than them on Saturday. Maybe the problem is in your approach. "supposed to beat" mentalities can be a killer when you go up against teams that are legitimate and can beat you. No doubt LI is king of the hill, but you are right. The times are caning and not just for Igloo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record my sons team has not one holdback they are all 12 or 11 turning 12 this year which is the proper age for 2023, so its not every team out there. More then likely the person making that remark is either 90+1 or Express because they think they are the only ones out there. You guys keep telling yourselves holdbacks are ok and keep winning those t-shirts there great stories to tell your buddies at work.

You're incorrect. Your team definitely has hold backs.

How about this - why not have LAX Tourneys based on height & weight ? Instead of A & B brackets you could have Big Guy & Little Guy brackets since hold backs is not the real issue but size seems to be the real concern. Don't forget there are also some big age appropriate kids .

Not interested. Of course some kids are bigger and some are smaller . How bout this.... AGE based tournaments! Nobody is afraid of competition and a few big bodies, you are trying to pretend it's a different problem. Unless your child is playing down you should have no problem with age, not size, brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest here...all this is about express bringing in the 2022 attack to play with AJ's team. He is probably the best attack on 2022. He is being held back and repeating 7th grade again (shame on the parents, absolute joke, but if you've ever seen them you would understand...) Now the other parents have every right to be pissed. But same something to the coach or to channy himself. Grow a set. And to top it all off the kid is one of the older players on 2022. This is what lacrosse has come to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid on Express will be 14 before about 8 kids on my sons team turns 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express loses to Laxachusetts and Igloo loses to 2 teams that it supposed to beat!!! The Times the are a changing! Sounds to me like these daddy coaches are picking kids with their heart and not there brain.

Igloo lost to two very good teams. Both teams where in the championship game. My sons team was one of them. Igloo had size and skill. We were just better than them on Saturday. Maybe the problem is in your approach. "supposed to beat" mentalities can be a killer when you go up against teams that are legitimate and can beat you. No doubt LI is king of the hill, but you are right. The times are caning and not just for Igloo.

Coming from someone who's son didn't make either team!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i will admit this, philly has the stall ball approach down on both the O and the D. Very good sign for the LI teams as they value low scoring wins over development

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i will admit this, philly has the stall ball approach down on both the O and the D. Very good sign for the LI teams as they value low scoring wins over development

What tourney did Igloo play in last weekend ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses. My son plays for Brotherly Love. If we have mastered "stall ball" and you can't figure out a way to beat it, I'm not sure what to say. We beat Igloo by more than a couple. Say what you want to say, we've competed with some of your best drawing from a much smaller pool of talent, especially given the growth of clubs in the area. I'm ok with you dismissing us. I'm ok with you making excuses. You have to justify your investment somehow. Who am I to judge your formula for success. If we invested half as much time and money as you do in the sport I can only imagine what our kids could do. Perhaps they would all get free rides to d1 like all your kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They weren't stalling when they controlled all those faceoffs or outhustled for the ground balls. Those would be great skills to develop in your kids. Did you forget that it's a game of possession? They shouldnt have been tired. They had 22 to our 17 kids. I'm sorry, but there is no way for you to come out looking good here. And, funny, I don't ever remember a team losing for a development opportunity. Is that another excuse for your loss?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are told by coaches that this player will not be at tourney but then we show up to play and there he is. What can we do??? My son does not care about a t-shirt, he will be 12 and just wants to play and YES I pay (shame on me) a lot of money for him to get that opportunity and experience.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why the World Series of Youth Lacrosse is so great. It's based on real age standards set by US Lacrosse. Express will never win it because 1/4 of their best players can't play! Crabs have the same problem! Laxachusetts etc! We will find out who the true best team in 2023 is next year when there is actually a level playing field. When kids actually have to submit a birth certificate to play. We will also see all the fraudsters who claim to be great teams but have to cheat! Should be fun for the 9teams with INTEGRITY!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2-1 game must have been a thriller

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2-1 game must have been a thriller

Don't know which game you're referencing, but I'm sure that it was a thriller for the parents watching their children play and for the children who were playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are told by coaches that this player will not be at tourney but then we show up to play and there he is. What can we do??? My son does not care about a t-shirt, he will be 12 and just wants to play and YES I pay (shame on me) a lot of money for him to get that opportunity and experience.

How about you and other like minded parents make it known to the back stabbing coach you're willing to walk after the season if this is how business is going to be conducted. That's time from your kid seeing the field and it's stating he has no confidence in his team winning on their own efforts. Unfortunately he won't care because there's probably 10 kids waiting to take your kids spot. And that's when you walk, a life lesson your kid will someday appreciate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about you and other like minded parents make it known to the back stabbing coach you're willing to walk after the season if this is how business is going to be conducted. That's time from your kid seeing the field and it's stating he has no confidence in his team winning on their own efforts. Unfortunately he won't care because there's probably 10 kids waiting to take your kids spot. And that's when you walk, a life lesson your kid will someday appreciate.

They know its wrong if they are telling us he will not be there. Him showing up is pie in the face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why the World Series of Youth Lacrosse is so great. It's based on real age standards set by US Lacrosse. Express will never win it because 1/4 of their best players can't play! Crabs have the same problem! Laxachusetts etc! We will find out who the true best team in 2023 is next year when there is actually a level playing field. When kids actually have to submit a birth certificate to play. We will also see all the fraudsters who claim to be great teams but have to cheat! Should be fun for the 9teams with INTEGRITY!

BEST NEWS EVER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See ya

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses. My son plays for Brotherly Love. If we have mastered "stall ball" and you can't figure out a way to beat it, I'm not sure what to say. We beat Igloo by more than a couple. Say what you want to say, we've competed with some of your best drawing from a much smaller pool of talent, especially given the growth of clubs in the area. I'm ok with you dismissing us. I'm ok with you making excuses. You have to justify your investment somehow. Who am I to judge your formula for success. If we invested half as much time and money as you do in the sport I can only imagine what our kids could do. Perhaps they would all get free rides to d1 like all your kids?

Clue: no one in D1 gets a full ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Find another team where you are all happy. Of course your son wants to play, and he should. Look around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo played in Summer Slam in PA and they got SLAMMED! So much for all there talk about beating the Bandits last year. Different team this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BEST NEWS EVER

Apparently you're new to this. There won't be a single existing team at the WSYL. Every club will put in a team made up of the best kids who fit in to the age constraints. That's why all of this talk is futile. It's not about the best team, but best club at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look up the word sarcasm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits 17-3 in the finals at trilogy, congrats to the kids but the club owners should do a better job of finding them competition

Not the club. It's all JS. There is something about this tournament that keeps him bringing his teams there. He tells everyone it's a good tournament. Has to be a reason.

Usually, JS has them play in the 2022 bracket in that tournament (with the May 2003 birthday kid who usually plays up . . .) and you guys p*ss and moan when they win that they shouldn't use junior and they should play on grade - now they play in the 2023 bracket and blow out everyone and you're not happy. You should be happy they weren't at Lax Clash so you had a shot to win.

I saw the championship game at Trilogy B division it was between 2 Long Island teams, both of those teams were better than any team 90 + 1 faced all weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next time, use the sarcasm font . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo played in Summer Slam in PA and they got SLAMMED! So much for all there talk about beating the Bandits last year. Different team this year!

What do you know about the teams that beat Igloo. Has your son's team ever played those two teams or ever played Igloo ? Probably not just another anonymous windbag blowing hot air & stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your frustration. How could a team, or two, from PA possibly beat Igloo? By being better teams? As crazy as that might sound, excuses aside, sometimes teams simply get beaten by better ones. Brotherly Love had Igloos number from the momment they stepped on the field. They appeared stunned by BL's speed and aggressive play. Parents started losing it on the refs and were warned numerous times. One Igloo kid actually took a swing at one of ours. Good show Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your frustration. How could a team, or two, from PA possibly beat Igloo? By being better teams? As crazy as that might sound, excuses aside, sometimes teams simply get beaten by better ones. Brotherly Love had Igloos number from the momment they stepped on the field. They appeared stunned by BL's speed and aggressive play. Parents started losing it on the refs and were warned numerous times. One Igloo kid actually took a swing at one of ours. Good show Igloo.

I would love to see the month/year of birth for each player on brotherly love and compare it to that of Igloo. It would be illuminating. And before someone says this is crazy or weird, the Atlantic Youth Hockey League (the top youth league for kids from metro NY through Philly and parts south) publishes the names and month/year (not actual date) of each player on the leagues website. All backed by birth certificates at USA Hockey. Completely 100% transparent as to who your kid is playing against. Even without holdbacks, the PA kids are older because they start school later than kids in NY, on the average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever this is... your a freaking loser. You beat us GREAT!! What are you talking about now. Enjoy it while it lasts, post what you need to post here. Igloo had a bad day PERIOD.
Good win and congratulations on the championship win. Oh I forgot, you lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are we talking about BL? They didn't win the tourney, did they? No. Everyone has good days and everyone has bad days. Mesa had a very good day, obviously. Congrats to them. The last few times they came up to LI they got beat like they stole something. Last weekend, they did the beating. As far as I can tell, BL has to actually win something before they can start talking smack. Igloo only beat a town team by two goals a few weeks back. Maybe they're not as strong as the were. Who knows, they don't play much on LI. As of now, Mesa is the top dog in Philly. Let's see how Young Guns goes. I guess NXT will be a chance for BL to prove that they're still relevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Find another team where you are all happy. Of course your son wants to play, and he should. Look around.

I can tell you parents are talking about it. The lies and nonsense from our coach and director

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever this is... your a freaking loser. You beat us GREAT!! What are you talking about now. Enjoy it while it lasts, post what you need to post here. Igloo had a bad day PERIOD.

To the post above and below, you've confirmed everything people outside of Long Island believe about you. Can never be gracious in defeat, will make every excuse in the book, will play the age card if all else fails.... I enjoyed my trip to LI today. Before I go and leave it up to you to chew one another up, I will acknowledge our loss. I've already congratulated Mesa. They are great competition, unlike Igloo sorry to say, and they beat us got the first time in 8 games after losing to us the day before in pool play. And, so happy for their victory over you too. Great weekend for Mesa. Bad day for Igloo? Your fellow LI teams think your done. Keep the snarky comments coming and maybe I'll stick around a little longer for fun. Seems I've pushed some buttons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not get too excited now. You sound so defensive. No need, I'm sure you are a great team that had a bad day. We did lose that championship and it's ok. Nobody lost sleep over it or made excuses. There are other tournaments. Although my son might be heading to the beach after this one. More to a kids life than just lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to see the month/year of birth for each player on brotherly love and compare it to that of Igloo. It would be illuminating. And before someone says this is crazy or weird, the Atlantic Youth Hockey League (the top youth league for kids from metro NY through Philly and parts south) publishes the names and month/year (not actual date) of each player on the leagues website. All backed by birth certificates at USA Hockey. Completely 100% transparent as to who your kid is playing against. Even without holdbacks, the PA kids are older because they start school later than kids in NY, on the average.

That would be interesting. Your kids were bigger and outnumbered us 22 to 17. Actually, some of your kids were huge. I would love nothing more than to compare birth dates. You people are incredible! It's like a car wreck. I want to stop posting, but the things you say!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't believe this. What can I do? Just forfeit the game if all the parents are so upset. Instant results. Winning is all Express and YOU care about or this would have already happened. Swallow that Express Ego or shut up already. As I said I don't believe that anyone is forcing you to do anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are new to this! It started out with a May 1st deadline but last year changed to Sept 1 birthday cut off. So maybe a great club team can squeeze a player or 2 from there other team but everyone knows when that happens. Adding a player to a team can screw up team chemistry. It's the closest you will get to a level playing field. We will find out next July 4 who the best really is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are new to this! It started out with a May 1st deadline but last year changed to Sept 1 birthday cut off. So maybe a great club team can squeeze a player or 2 from there other team but everyone knows when that happens. Adding a player to a team can screw up team chemistry. It's the closest you will get to a level playing field. We will find out next July 4 who the best really is.

Look for each team to add 4-5 players, minimum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love must have taken a serious step back if they got beat by Mesa. Mesa is a good, but an only slightly above average team. We know Igloo has dropped down a notch this year already. Good for Mesa, the new kings of Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Much smaller pool of talent. The good thing about LI is that there are a dozen+ solid teams with top caliber players. You have 2 and any kid that can throw and catch plays for them. Given the fact the the Philly region is as large as it is (with Philly, Montgomery, Chester & Bucks Counties) you should have a ton more options. BL parents continue to be the example of poor sportsmanship for the region. All this talk and you lost the tourney. Good job trying to deflect your loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't Igloo play in LI tournaments I haven't seen them anywhere.

Page 82 of 102 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard