BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 327 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
She does have tryouts and still adds new players even to the blue team and all the way up to 2012. Carol loves these girls and yes she makes money. Okay that's good for her. You can say what you want, please walk away if you are unhappy. Believe me there will be many, many girls at tryouts. Next year you will see many of the 2013 committed to colleges also. And yes carol does call coaches for her girls. She makes calls all the time. You have your opinion but carol and all the directors work damn hard and are at every tournament, at many of the different teams practices, and spend more time and effort than probably any other directors of other clubs

what you are not being told is she CHARGES you to make those calls . A FEE. MOST OTHER CLUBS DO IT ON YOUR BEHALF FOR FREE. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AND WAKE UP. YOUR BEING SCREWED. IF SHE REALLY CARED ABOUT YOUR KID AND YOU PAID HER RIDICULOUS FE'S FOR YEARS, SHE SHOULD BE DOING THE CALLS FOR FREE. WAKE UP!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackets 2015 blue over 100 wins in a row and the best team in the nation at their age, I guess that is an example of the yj franchise being unwound ,whatever that means. that being said I do not know if the so called wins in a showcase tournament should really count toward that total, they do not keep an official score , some teams are actually trying to showcase all of their girls ,some teams use it to work on their game instead of playing to win .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what you are not being told is she CHARGES you to make those calls . A FEE. MOST OTHER CLUBS DO IT ON YOUR BEHALF FOR FREE. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AND WAKE UP. YOUR BEING SCREWED. IF SHE REALLY CARED ABOUT YOUR KID AND YOU PAID HER RIDICULOUS FE'S FOR YEARS, SHE SHOULD BE DOING THE CALLS FOR FREE. WAKE UP!!!
BOTC has covered this issue previously; the recruitment efforts for the Yellow Jackets players are included in the team fees. In other words, there is no additional fee charged. No one is being screwed except yours truly since we have to use the bandwidth of our servers to deliver your incorrect "facts".

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
You can say that my comment is "uneducated" but I don't know how it could be uneducated when I'm getting first hand responses from college coaches saying that they are going to the Yellow Jacket games less and less because they know how they are taught to play.
Name the college coaches - name the programs. You are absolutely NOT getting e-mails indicating anything like what you are mentioning.
Any readers surprised that our previously bold anonymous poster cannot seem to cough up the name of even a single college coach that was bad mouthing the Yellow Jackets? As soon as we hear the first name, we will be sure that we can debate it here on the message board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a way that poster can lose some (not all) of the anonymous status?

Perhaps they could be required to reveal their hometown and or club affiliation????

I dont know if fully revealing their identity or kids age is necessary, but a reduction in the "hide behind the keyboard" mentality might add credibility to the posts on this board.

I read this board and find alot of excellent information, the moderators seem to work very hard and keeping this forum civil. I would like to see more professionalism from some of the posters though.

I for one, will reveal that we are Mt Sinai and Yellowjackets.

We are very satisfied with all facets of both programs.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the same type poster that states they soundly beat a yj blue team but when you question which team they never will state the facts . Sad but that is the problem with being anonymous , people just make things up. I am sure that the college coaches are no longer recruiting yj players because of their style of play, by style of play do they mean winning games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC has covered this issue previously; the recruitment efforts for the Yellow Jackets players are included in the team fees. In other words, there is no additional fee charged. No one is being screwed except yours truly since we have to use the bandwidth of our servers to deliver your incorrect "facts".

CageSage, I have a number of friends and relatives in Northport, some of whom are former YJ players on a blue team who left due to injuries. I was told firsthand by those parents that Carol Rose does indeed charge a hefty sum (I forget but definitely over $1000) to write letters to coaches on her player's behalf, which I assume would cover phone calls as well. It's also common knowledge within Northport sports that you will get no playing time as a Tiger if you are not a YJ/Carol supporter. Even the boys' parents know about Carol and the YJ.

So maybe Carol/YJ is saying one thing and doing another, maybe the policy has changed, or maybe my YJ friends/relatives are misguided. They seemed pretty certain though, it was presented as a known fact with the YJ organization that they accepted as part and parcel. This came up when I was discussing with them the possibility of my daughter trying out for YJ and they were giving me pros and cons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She does have tryouts and still adds new players even to the blue team and all the way up to 2012. Carol loves these girls and yes she makes money. Okay that's good for her. You can say what you want, please walk away if you are unhappy. Believe me there will be many, many girls at tryouts. Next year you will see many of the 2013 committed to colleges also. And yes carol does call coaches for her girls. She makes calls all the time. You have your opinion but carol and all the directors work damn hard and are at every tournament, at many of the different teams practices, and spend more time and effort than probably any other directors of other clubs

I never said she did not charge a fee. Take a deep breath dude! I would expect her to make phone calls to many different coaches for over hundreds of kids. If I can get my daughter into a school that she might not be able to get in with out lacrosse, maybe say $30K or $40K of the long run than it is worth it TO ME to pay a fee. Wow, please go to another club with your ranting and raving. Carol spills out everything clearly on her website. If you do not read it and speak to other parents who have gone through the program than you have yourself to blame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Non profit are u from

THERE ARE MANY OUT THEIR AND MANY THAT COST 2/3 THAN WHAT YOU PAY. IF YOUR FROM NORTHPORT, YOU HAVE TO PLAY YJ OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD IN H.S. SAD. WHAT A WAY TO BE BULLIED INTO HER PROGRAM.

And if you are from Manhasset and you do not play for Liberty you do not play on the HS team. If you go to Ward Melville and you do not play for Express you are shunned. Dont be go ignorant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackets 2015 blue over 100 wins in a row and the best team in the nation at their age, I guess that is an example of the yj franchise being unwound ,whatever that means. that being said I do not know if the so called wins in a showcase tournament should really count toward that total, they do not keep an official score , some teams are actually trying to showcase all of their girls ,some teams use it to work on their game instead of playing to win .

2015 is unique in that they always play to win and they showcase their girls at the same time. They sub their girls and not leave the same line in all game. Their goalie even played out on the field and some other girls played entirely dif positions last weekend and they still won. They are just a great team!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the same type poster that states they soundly beat a yj blue team but when you question which team they never will state the facts . Sad but that is the problem with being anonymous , people just make things up. I am sure that the college coaches are no longer recruiting yj players because of their style of play, by style of play do they mean winning games.

ha, ha good one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015 is unique in that they always play to win and they showcase their girls at the same time. They sub their girls and not leave the same line in all game. Their goalie even played out on the field and some other girls played entirely dif positions last weekend and they still won. They are just a great team!

Coach's (if you want to call him that) daughter never leaves the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Non profit are u from

THERE ARE MANY OUT THEIR AND MANY THAT COST 2/3 THAN WHAT YOU PAY. IF YOUR FROM NORTHPORT, YOU HAVE TO PLAY YJ OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD IN H.S. SAD. WHAT A WAY TO BE BULLIED INTO HER PROGRAM.

And if you are from Manhasset and you do not play for Liberty you do not play on the HS team. If you go to Ward Melville and you do not play for Express you are shunned. Dont be go ignorant

Ignorant I believe you are. Express coaches and player mostly go to St. Anthony's you knucklehead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that make it right? How are these school districts allowing this garbage. It is a total disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
CageSage, I have a number of friends and relatives in Northport, some of whom are former YJ players on a blue team who left due to injuries. I was told firsthand by those parents .... charge a hefty sum (I forget but definitely over $1000) to write letters to coaches on her player's behalf, which I assume would cover phone calls as well.

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A NORTHPORT PLAYER CHARGED A RECRUITING FEE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps one of the YJ promoters can explain why no YJ team won in any of the older years which matter the most at Lax for the Cure, a major recruiting event?

To me, it seems like the YJs did great when the girls were under 14 years old, but did nothing in the years that really count for recruiting, and in the years when many more teams take it more seriously.

LAX FOR THE CURE LIST OF TEAM WINNERS

2012: STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

2013: Capital Lacrosse 2013
Runner Up: Phantastix 2013

2014 Champion: TLC
Runner Up: Yellow Jacket 2014 Blue

2015 Champions: Yellow Jackets 2015 Blue
Runner Up: MD United

2016 Champion: Yellow Jackets 2016 Blue
Runner Up: Long Island Express 2016 Blue

2017/2018 Champion: Yellow Jackets Blue
Runner Up: STEPS 2017 Blue

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
CageSage, I have a number of friends and relatives in Northport, some of whom are former YJ players on a blue team who left due to injuries. I was told firsthand by those parents ... that there is a hefty sum (I forget but definitely over $1000) to write letters to coaches on her player's behalf, which I assume would cover phone calls as well.
Earlier today, Powderfinger, a respected poster here on BOTC, called into question our statement based on information we were given that Yellow Jackets players are not charged for recruitment services. That post served as a call to action for BOTC to get the right story on the table for our readers. We have spoken with the most senior staffers at the Yellow Jackets and want to report back to you all.

The Elite Recruiting Service is an additional program available to both Yellow Jackets and non-Yellow Jackets players. The program is managed by the same senior staff from the Yellow Jackets however it is indeed an independent operation. This recruiting service is made available as an extra fee for players and families that feel they need an extra "push" for college contacts. BOTC does not have information on pricing to offer as part of this discussion. Specifically, we were told that "fifteen phone calls and three letters" would be beyond normal coaching support and push a player into the optional recruitment service space. The dividing line between normal coaching representation and usage of the recruitment service would be an internal discussion for Yellow Jackets players or those seeking to employ this service.

Yellow Jackets players from Northport and Farmingdale, given the overlap between those districts and the variety of teaching and coaching positions, are not charged for additional Recruiting Service help according to the program leaders.

Players from Northport and Farmingdale are charged for Yellow Jackets fees just like any other rostered player. We include this information to make the delineation between Yellow Jackets program fees and Elite Recruiting Services fees crystal clear.

BOTC apologizes that our original information was inaccurate based on information and questions we were asking. Powderfinger's information that charges could have been incurred for Yellow Jackets players is in fact possible under this policy.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for the follow-up and clarification, CageSage.

That said, with all the looks YJ teams get I would think the bulk of their players would not even need the recruiting service. I guess it would give some parents a comfort level. JMHO as a parent who successfully navigated the college recruiting experience without professional guidance.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Perhaps one of the YJ promoters can explain why no YJ team won in any of the older years which matter the most at Lax for the Cure, a major recruiting event?
Take a look at the results for the 2012 and 2013 brackets. In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Green won their group play bracket, Yellow Jackets 2012 Gold won their bracket, and the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play. Both bracket winners dropped their 25 minute quarterfinal matches.

In the 2013 group, the Yellow Jackets 2013 East won their group play bracket, Yellow Jackets 2013 Gold won their group, and the Yellow Jackets 2013 Blue went 1W-3L with narrow 33GF/37GA difference. The Capital Girls, tournament winners, defeated both bracket winners from the Yellow Jackets. Remember that the Capital group comes from that Maryland hotbed area also.

Results now covered, but if this is a major recruiting event as you suggest, the measurement for the older age groups would be the number of college coaches that were contacted who attended these matches. BOTC talks about this on the College Forum as teams transition from pure tournament to showcase activities.

Further, the commitments have been well documented and we do not need to review that material for the last couple of seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the results for the 2012 and 2013 brackets. In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Green won their group play bracket, Yellow Jackets 2012 Gold won their bracket, and the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play. Both bracket winners dropped their 25 minute quarterfinal matches.

In the 2013 group, the Yellow Jackets 2013 East won their group play bracket, Yellow Jackets 2013 Gold won their group, and the Yellow Jackets 2013 Blue went 1W-3L with narrow 33GF/37GA difference. The Capital Girls, tournament winners, defeated both bracket winners from the Yellow Jackets. Remember that the Capital group comes from that Maryland hotbed area also.

Results now covered, but if this is a major recruiting event as you suggest, the measurement for the older age groups would be the number of college coaches that were contacted who attended these matches. BOTC talks about this on the College Forum as teams transition from pure tournament to showcase activities.

Further, the commitments have been well documented and we do not need to review that material for the last couple of seasons.

not sure what you are saying here? It looks like all YJ teams in 2012 and 2013 did not even make it into the semi-finals.

And look at the colleges that came to Lax for the Cure. Big list of major schools.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
not sure what you are saying here? It looks like all YJ teams in 2012 and 2013 did not even make it into the semi-finals.

And look at the colleges that came to Lax for the Cure. Big list of major schools.
Not sure? Seems pretty clear to most of the English-speaking western world.

The 2012s did fine in group play, got to one of the shortened games each (quarters) and lost. So, they missed out on a couple of extra 25 minute games - no loss and the teams were surely well seen without those last matches.

The 2013s had one team in the semifinals and lost to the tournament champions. Both age groups were well scouted based on several sources - actually, the players were well scouted, the teams are secondary.

Look, we appreciate the fact that you want to take a shot at the program for not winning two of the age groups, but don't you think that is more than a little petty on your part? Truth of the matter is that being a showcase, the teams do not need to go the distance in order to have their target coaches see players interested in their schools. If you have been part of the recruitment game, you will know that the finals are not the measure used for a showcase event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2016 blue lost to Suffolk Allstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a true showcase, not to win but to change players around from their regular positions. That age group is the best of all age groups (suffolk county all stars) that is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a true showcase, not to win but to change players around from their regular positions. That age group is the best of all age groups (suffolk county all stars) that is
Congratulation to Coach Toomas, The All Stars lost to the YJ’s in the National Draw and now they beat them in Delaware. Expect the YJ’s to stack up next time they play so that the YJ’s can get a win. Most likely it will be done at their Show Case in Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes yj2016 blue lost to suffolk all-stars and had a tie game with steps blue 2016 at the showcase tournament at which all the kids on yj played out of position and draws were taken by different kids all tournament long. A few weeks earlier they shut both of those teams out at a playoff type tournament. Take what you want out of that victory.I do not have a kid on that yj team but am very familiar with them and they did play out of position the entire tournament and had equal playing time for each kid .I thought that their coach would cave to the pressure to win in tight games but he did not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes yj2016 blue lost to suffolk all-stars and had a tie game with steps blue 2016 at the showcase tournament at which all the kids on yj played out of position and draws were taken by different kids all tournament long. A few weeks earlier they shut both of those teams out at a playoff type tournament. Take what you want out of that victory.I do not have a kid on that yj team but am very familiar with them and they did play out of position the entire tournament and had equal playing time for each kid .I thought that their coach would cave to the pressure to win in tight games but he did not.

Thanks for proving a point....there always seems to be an excuse whenever a YJ team loses. Comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t have a kid on the 2016 team than how would you know they played different positions. You must be very tight with the team or Organization to make a statement like that. Again “Win at all Cost”

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for proving a point....there always seems to be an excuse whenever a YJ team loses.
Offering a description of the game play does not sound like an excuse - it does sound like a discussion of how the game was played. Seriously, why do you want to goad any quality team this way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for proving a point....there always seems to be an excuse whenever a YJ team loses. Comical.
Better yet. When you want to post a statement and it’s not favorable to the YJ’s it’s not printed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t have a kid on the 2016 team than how would you know they played different positions. You must be very tight with the team or Organization to make a statement like that. Again “Win at all Cost”
Print the full statment please.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Print the full statement please.
If you want to have your full statement printed, please contact us privately at cagesage@backofthecage.com. Your content violated the Board Rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I stated I know many of the girls and parents associated with that team , my daughter played for yj gold 2016 for 2 years but no longer does.In that time we played them many times and have gotten to know quite a few of them.As to making excuses all i did was point out a fact, if you believe they were not playing out of position then state your belief .My guess is you watched the game and know they were playing out of position.When they beat them in a playoff type tournament it will mean more to me.Another fact for you that can be looked up 6-0 and 3-0 in the 20 minute playofff games at lax for the cure against steps blue and suffolk all-stars.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Better yet. When you want to post a statement and it’s not favorable to the YJ’s it’s not printed.
BOTC moderates content - we do not change the meaning of a post. We will filter foul language, attacks on youngsters, and similar items as mentioned in the Board Rules.

Our suggestion is that you should become a registered member - membership has its privileges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC moderates content - we do not change the meaning of a post. We will filter foul language, attacks on youngsters, and similar items as mentioned in the Board Rules.

Our suggestion is that you should become a registered member - membership has its privileges.

Yesterday my post was never published. It was not negative. Just mentioned the fact that if you want your team to play in the elite showcase it costs 100 per team and 60 per player, yet YJ players are charged 100 each. Crazy!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yesterday my post was never published. It was not negative. Just mentioned the fact that if you want your team to play in the elite showcase it costs 100 per team and 60 per player, yet YJ players are charged 100 each. Crazy!
There was a power cycle yesterday where we lost approximately two posts in the early evening hours. BOTC recalls seeing this post on the moderator's panel and it was lost. We apologize and thank you for reposting the material.

The only pricing is that which is on the flyer carried by BOTC which is $100.00 per team plus $60.00 per player with a fifteen player minimum which would make the entry fee $1000.00.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes congratulations on beating a team that was not trying to win. Maybe you can set up a scrimage and keep score when no one else is and claim a victory. Maybe you need to learn what a showcase vs championship tournament is.As the previous poster stated I have yet to hear anyone state they believe the yj team was actually trying to win but I guess when you can't beat them when they are actually trying like in a championship tournament you will take what you can get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol get a grip!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a grip on the real possibility that you know the yj team was not playing to win. Once again another suffolk all-star fan who knows he would be lying if he stated he believes the yellow jacket team was trying to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a grip on the real possibility that you know the yj team was not playing to win. Once again another suffolk all-star fan who knows he would be lying if he stated he believes the yellow jacket team was trying to win.
It’s funny on how one sided this Blog (BOC) is and how it favors the Yellow Jackets. There is not one event that the YJ don’t play to win. Not Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall. In fact I have seen a well know Coach of the YJ’s yell out check the stick when there opponent scored the winning goal with 30 sec left on the clock out in Mt Sinai. I don’t think any reader of this blog believes your statement and if they do there in a dream world. If in fact they were not trying to win than why are the YJ famous for getting a lead and holding on to the ball, playing keep away. This organization teaches poor sports man ship from you the parents to the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not associated with either team but curious as to what a showcase tournament is for a 2016 team. Who are they showcasing for?

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 327 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard