BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 313 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Bryan Kelly of Calvert Hall coaches the 2023 team. Both coach teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA is nepotism and favoritism run amok. Horrible coaching and events for their filler gold pot white teams, all the while funding lavish travel, trips, and events for the good ole boys. You can only hide behind the cross until you are so fat you stick out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA is nepotism and favoritism run amok. Horrible coaching and events for their filler gold pot white teams, all the while funding lavish travel, trips, and events for the good ole boys. You can only hide behind the cross until you are so fat you stick out.

Feel better now bitter dad????

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm from nova and I agree with both sides. Yes, PVI does have very good coaches but they have also have SOME players who are overly entitled and think very highly of themselves. I disagree with the original statement though. PVI, if anything, has the second most stacked roster behind Gonzaga, PVI consistently pulls top players from VLC because most of the coaches coach for both teams. If any school does the most with the least it has to be St. John's. There's no way you can only have 3 senior recruits and beat a recruit writhered Gonzaga team in the championship, it's unheard of. Not to mention St. John's just got their head coach (coach speaks) this year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm from nova and I agree with both sides. Yes, PVI does have very good coaches but they have also have SOME players who are overly entitled and think very highly of themselves. I disagree with the original statement though. PVI, if anything, has the second most stacked roster behind Gonzaga, PVI consistently pulls top players from VLC because most of the coaches coach for both teams. If any school does the most with the least it has to be St. John's. There's no way you can only have 3 senior recruits and beat a recruit writhered Gonzaga team in the championship, it's unheard of. Not to mention St. John's just got their head coach (coach speaks) this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn job is open will Phipps leave Spalding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well,

Phipps is a Severn alum and so is his father.

Severn would be an upgrade from his current situation on pretty much every level (better school, better alumni base, better history, better better).

I bet the move happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phipps was a bad coach at Spaulding and he will be a bad coach at Severn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubtful, had a chance to go two years ago with a better returning class and opted not go. The cubbard is pretty bare on Water Street.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phipps was a bad coach at Spaulding and he will be a bad coach at Severn

On the field, Spalding has racked up just two conference wins in his three year tenure as head coach and zero in the past two seasons.

I feel sorry for any gullible 2021 or 2022 players and parents who were pulled in. If you signed up your boy at Spalding because of lacrosse and because you were wowed by "potential" + shiny facilities + head coach from the MLL you are trying to build a castle on sand.

AND I hear there are some new dad coaches inbound. Enjoy!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding should drop to B conference and stop pretending...maybe John Carroll can replace them and give it a go in the A conf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding should drop to B conference and stop pretending...maybe John Carroll can replace them and give it a go in the A conf

John Carroll won't move up. Coach would rather play down and win than move up and lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John Carroll won't move up. Coach would rather play down and win than move up and lose.

Or not suffer same thing Spaulding and Mt St Joe do.. Defeat after Defeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow I didnt realize it was this bad but looked on the MIAA website... Spaulding is 4 - 40 in conference the past 5 years including winless seasons 3 of the last 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is completely false about John Carroll. They have tried to move up and been denied by the A conference committee. If you knew anything about how it works, the conference schools AD's have to vote on the move, once they get a majority then the move happens provided there is an opening. When friends moved down that should have created an opening but they went to a new alignment.
Before you type you should know what your talking about...the mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow I didnt realize it was this bad but looked on the MIAA website... Spaulding is 4 - 40 in conference the past 5 years including winless seasons 3 of the last 4 years.

Next time you drive on I-97... As you fly past Exit 12 turn down the car radio and roll down your window ... Listen closely, through the roaring traffic and across the corn fields... Listen very closely, you can hear it... 'Wait till next year, we're gonna be REALLY good next year...."

Repeat ad infinitum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is completely false about John Carroll. They have tried to move up and been denied by the A conference committee. If you knew anything about how it works, the conference schools AD's have to vote on the move, once they get a majority then the move happens provided there is an opening. When friends moved down that should have created an opening but they went to a new alignment.
Before you type you should know what your talking about...the mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Is that what your coach told you? Maybe you should go find out the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was Spalding's 14th year in the A Conference, I would be very surprised if they have 10 conference wins in that time span. It was a move spurred by the desire to upgrade facilities, one stud on the basketball court and one stud on the lacrosse field. In soliciting donations, the promise of the A Conference was used as bait. A definite "Field of Dreams" scenario that has never quite materialized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You cant handle the truth"...
That is exactly what happened and if you would like why don't you talk to the AD's at Gilman, Calvert Hall, BL, St. Paul's just to name a few that voted against it. They did vote against it for the right reasons because at the time JC did not want to make the commitment that was needed. Now I think they have demonstrated that they have. I personally think JC would struggle ( be in the bottom 4 pretty consistently) in the A conference unless they could get 95% of the lax players that r going into Baltimore, but heck that's what has happened to St Marys, Spaulding, St. Joe and Severn..even Gilman the last few years.
That's why the A conference is arguably the best conference top to bottom in the country. Never an easy game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You cant handle the truth"...
That is exactly what happened and if you would like why don't you talk to the AD's at Gilman, Calvert Hall, BL, St. Paul's just to name a few that voted against it. They did vote against it for the right reasons because at the time JC did not want to make the commitment that was needed. Now I think they have demonstrated that they have. I personally think JC would struggle ( be in the bottom 4 pretty consistently) in the A conference unless they could get 95% of the lax players that r going into Baltimore, but heck that's what has happened to St Marys, Spaulding, St. Joe and Severn..even Gilman the last few years.
That's why the A conference is arguably the best conference top to bottom in the country. Never an easy game.

Ummm... st Mary's has been in the playoffs three of the last four years and won the championship just two seasons ago so you have them in the wrong category there friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary's won more league games last year alone than spaludling in the past 5 years so please don't mention them with those bottom feeders.
Like it or not phipps hasn't won a single game in 2 of his 3 seasons and just wait until the Bayhawks owner comes to town. Nobody has ever seen daddy ball like him and it's play his son or phipps doesn't play for the Bayhawks. It's a bad web that's being woven up on new cut road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Dave Earl of Severna Park who was named Baltimore Sun Coach of the Year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Severna Park loaded with talent again this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary's has a daddy ball problem. Parents with kids in the school should not be coaching their son at the varsity level. The amount of kids that left that team this year and are not planning to play in the spring is staggering. A sad state for a once proud program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh, Calvert Hall, St Paul's, Boys Latin and Gilman all have fathers coaching their sons...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can add to that list Gonzaga, Landon and Bullis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...A sad state for a once proud program.

Ohhhkkaaaayyy.

Back to reality... If it's not Phipps then who is going to be the next coach at Severn? If McNealy is going to Calverton will he coach lacrosse there too? They play a good schedule and have had some flashes of glory in the recent past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary's has a daddy ball problem. Parents with kids in the school should not be coaching their son at the varsity level. The amount of kids that left that team this year and are not planning to play in the spring is staggering. A sad state for a once proud program.

This is a ridiculous comment, two players left the team during the season. A back up attackman and a defenseman who had concussion issues. Another defenseman quit during tryouts because he wasn't going to start. Hardly staggering numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount St Joe and Severn recently had fathers as assistant or head coaches as well. The circus that is getting ready to come to Spalding will be off the hook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A sad state for a once proud program.

I see a 2017 playoff team that will return 9 starters and 98% of its offensive production, backed up by a 13-3 JV who had wins @Landon, @BL etc... Hardly a "sad state."

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and your kid. I hope find peace somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon has no daddy ball issues--just a dedicated father and son who coached the 2017 team to #1 national ranking in a number of polls. 2017 team played unselfish ball and the mantra that no one player is more important than the team was understood by all. 2018 team will be incredibly strong too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. For 40 grand a year, it better be great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SMHS 22-6 loss in playoffs to CH, 1 or 2 goal wins vs the MIAA bottom dwellers and a blow out loss to Severn at home. Impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SMHS 22-6 loss in playoffs to CH, 1 or 2 goal wins vs the MIAA bottom dwellers and a blow out loss to Severn at home. Impressive.

OUCH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH!

St. Paul's and Gilman not exactly bottom dwellers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
move over Loyola, BL and the rest of you bottom feeders! there is a new sheriff in town...GO JC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
move over Loyola, BL and the rest of you bottom feeders! there is a new sheriff in town...GO JC!

what is that suppose to mean?? Nobody said that BL or Loyola were bottom feeders....In that league I don't think you could actually classify anyone a "bottom feeder" as they all have very good lacrosse programs. One year you can win the league the next be towards the bottom....Again it is arguably the best league in the country top to bottom.
don't be a [lacrosse]!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22-6. The largest loss by any team in the MIAA all year. Quite a defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MIAA has BL, Calvert Hall, Loyola, McDonogh, St Pauls and Gilman( not lately) who usually are the dominate teams. Any year one of them usually wins the title with others battling them ...St Marys, Severn have had some great years but are not consistently a contender. Mt St Joes and Spaulding are consistently getting beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guys kid clearly goes to public school. The envy is just running out of his computer, which most likely is running Windows 98.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 313 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard