BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Big 4 HHH tournament organizers. My kid and family traveled to your tournament this weekend and spent a lot of money in your town and at your event. The kid played his [lacrosse] off and he and his team won a championship at your tournament. Thanks for the wroten T-shirt that looks like it came out of a good will rummage sale. Also thank you for giving our kids those shirts that are 2 sizes too small... cheap bastards... kids work to hard at these events.. give them something a little better... Ridiculous

If you're teaching your kid that it's about the shirts, you've completely missed the point. Maybe check on the prizes in advance of your next tournament before deciding on going. The true reward isn't made of cotton or plastic. Jeepers.

Expecting an organization to do a good job is not equivalent to teaching a kid it's all about the shirts. It's more equivalent to teaching him to always do his best and to having high standards

Sorry about the size True Il parent, but the shirts were made for 11 and 12 year olds. Your post-pubescent 14 year old kid should ask the 2021 winner to swap out.

Wow! Is that a response from Big 4 HHH? I would hope not, because if it is, it's pathetic.

Are you kidding me? You guys make tons of money from these tournaments.. At least give the winners something nice.. what you gave them was terrible....Not one team wore those crappy recycled shirts in their pictures... might as well have not given them anything

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. It has nothing to do with winning the t-shirts but everything to do with the image and impression that you create. I feel the same about a bank that gives you an awful pen. It isn't the fact that the pen is a piece of garbage, yet, I pulled out of a bank today that I normally don't do business with and it was a nice pen. I took notice. Marketing and image. Most of these lacrosse guys aren't good business men and they succeed despite themselves. Basic business concepts elude them. If you are that cheap with your shirts the impression you create is that you care more about the bottom line and where else are you cutting corners.... unqualified referees, insufficient medical support staff, no water and gatorade next to each field, unsuitable playing surfaces, unfriendly technology etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. It has nothing to do with winning the t-shirts but everything to do with the image and impression that you create. I feel the same about a bank that gives you an awful pen. It isn't the fact that the pen is a piece of garbage, yet, I pulled out of a bank today that I normally don't do business with and it was a nice pen. I took notice. Marketing and image. Most of these lacrosse guys aren't good business men and they succeed despite themselves. Basic business concepts elude them. If you are that cheap with your shirts the impression you create is that you care more about the bottom line and where else are you cutting corners.... unqualified referees, insufficient medical support staff, no water and gatorade next to each field, unsuitable playing surfaces, unfriendly technology etc.

this is the bigger picture that many apparently can't see...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about first world problems! "I'm sorry to learn of your grandfather's passing, but did you see the lousy tee shirt Johnny got at the lacrosse tournament?" Point taken about marketing and image, but the quality of a "trouphy", is an issue new to me. Would rather have the money invested in all the meaningful stuff you mentioned. Maybe the tee will look better if you bronze it? Seriously, if it means that much to you that your son is "properly rewarded" take him out for a nice dinner or, if you need him to have some physical thing, he will get a lot more milage from a new head. And, it won't collect dust like even the nicest trophies do. It is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Big 4 HHH tournament organizers. My kid and family traveled to your tournament this weekend and spent a lot of money in your town and at your event. The kid played his [lacrosse] off and he and his team won a championship at your tournament. Thanks for the wroten T-shirt that looks like it came out of a good will rummage sale. Also thank you for giving our kids those shirts that are 2 sizes too small... cheap bastards... kids work to hard at these events.. give them something a little better... Ridiculous

If you're teaching your kid that it's about the shirts, you've completely missed the point. Maybe check on the prizes in advance of your next tournament before deciding on going. The true reward isn't made of cotton or plastic. Jeepers.

Expecting an organization to do a good job is not equivalent to teaching a kid it's all about the shirts. It's more equivalent to teaching him to always do his best and to having high standards

Sorry about the size True Il parent, but the shirts were made for 11 and 12 year olds. Your post-pubescent 14 year old kid should ask the 2021 winner to swap out.

Wow! Is that a response from Big 4 HHH? I would hope not, because if it is, it's pathetic.

Are you kidding me? You guys make tons of money from these tournaments.. At least give the winners something nice.. what you gave them was terrible....Not one team wore those crappy recycled shirts in their pictures... might as well have not given them anything

True played in MD this weekend not HHH...HHH would never invite them it might throw a wrench in there team making the semi's. But yes True IL definitely has a kid or two that would not fit into a shirt that would be given to a 2023 tournament winning team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason PA and IL in the in the finals in MD is because all the good teams where at Big 4 this weekend

You just crawl out from under a rock? HHH made the semi's both IL and BL would beat them....HHH tournament had 3 great teams and a bunch of fillers and have to love the way they geared the brackets so they could make the semi's...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason PA and IL in the in the finals in MD is because all the good teams where at Big 4 this weekend

You just crawl out from under a rock? HHH made the semi's both IL and BL would beat them....HHH tournament had 3 great teams and a bunch of fillers and have to love the way they geared the brackets so they could make the semi's...

Couldn't agree more! Manipulate the brackets so you look like your better than you are. You didn't full anybody Billy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about first world problems! "I'm sorry to learn of your grandfather's passing, but did you see the lousy tee shirt Johnny got at the lacrosse tournament?" Point taken about marketing and image, but the quality of a "trouphy", is an issue new to me. Would rather have the money invested in all the meaningful stuff you mentioned. Maybe the tee will look better if you bronze it? Seriously, if it means that much to you that your son is "properly rewarded" take him out for a nice dinner or, if you need him to have some physical thing, he will get a lot more milage from a new head. And, it won't collect dust like even the nicest trophies do. It is

Of course it's a first world problem. Doesn't negate the fact that the tournament should do better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD tourney is a complete joke. All of the good teams at HHH, Lax Fest, and Stong Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it's a first world problem. Doesn't negate the fact that the tournament should do better.

Hopefully, a direct, formal complaint will be made to the organizers rather than it just being complained about in this forum. Although I believe it's a silly, low priority cause compared to something like ref. quality, I agree that there is always room for improvement.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stupid comment- Top teams all spread out

HHH- Crabs and 91
LI Laxfest- Warriors and Express
MD- True IL, BL, Hawks and Bethesda (was actually the best competition)
Strong- Weak, S2S won it (no competition)

Cant find a better tournament then next weeks Young Guns- Best tournament of the year by far! Too bad FCA and Club Blue not in it.

The MD tourney is a complete joke. All of the good teams at HHH, Lax Fest, and Stong Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranking updated through 6/18 - This weekend's activity

1. BL Zeus (AA) - A Division of Summer Slam, playing WC elevated and Chaos Lacrosse, should blow away their pool competition and may see Mesa in finals
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Big 4 HHH (A) - No Action?
3.Mesa (A) - A Division of Summer Slam, playing PA rough riders, toughest competition will be Igloo in their pool. May see BL Zeus in finals
4.Freedom Red (A) - No Action?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.Team 11 (B) - Trilogy Rider Black division - No Other PA teams, but playing 91 bandits.
6.Rising Sons (B) - Blue Hen A Division, No other PA teams
7.BL Poseidon (B) - B Division of Summer Slam, playing Chaos
8.Rough Riders (B) - A Division of Summer Slam, playing Mesa orange
9.Team Money (B) - No Action?
10.Headstrong (B) - No Action?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam winner will be Igloo if this is their top team. Beat Brotherly Love easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MAVERICK moved to NJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam winner will be Igloo if this is their top team. Beat Brotherly Love easily.

That's a boldface lie! When, where? Curse you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was Brotherly Love LSM that dominates. I noticed he wasn't there at Annapolis Tournament this weekend...it also showed in the results he is a 3-4 goal difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was Brotherly Love LSM that dominates. I noticed he wasn't there at Annapolis Tournament this weekend...it also showed in the results he is a 3-4 goal difference.

He was probably with you..Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was probably with you..Dad

I hope it was Dad. Something a little creepy about a guy paying so much attention to a player other than his own son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always someone on this site that has to try and be the funny sarcastic guy. Actually he decided to not play lacrosse and needed a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was last year, Dad. He's no longer dominant. Still good, but not a 3-4 difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude he is the most dominant player on the field don't kid yourself but it is a mute point he is playing for BL World Series and then taking a break from the sport doesn't want to play anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New schedule is out with different match up. Any thoughts on how it will play our?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah my thought is that Victory Summer Slam doesn't understand how a bracket and schedule should be set up. They have the 4 best teams in the same pool. I think most agree that our team Igloo should be 1st sead Brotherly Love 2nd sead and Mess or BBL 3rd and 4th you pick up em. How do you put all four teams in the same Pool B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah my thought is that Victory Summer Slam doesn't understand how a bracket and schedule should be set up. They have the 4 best teams in the same pool. I think most agree that our team Igloo should be 1st sead Brotherly Love 2nd sead and Mess or BBL 3rd and 4th you pick up em. How do you put all four teams in the same Pool B.

The way I look at it, it ensures all those teams play each other which should be what you want. The best of the 4 will win the entire tournament it just keeps maybe the real 2nd place team from claiming 2nd place which I think is less important than head to heads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes zero sense.....this is why NXT rules the tournament world. No chance teams return to this one...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The way I look at it, it ensures all those teams play each other which should be what you want. The best of the 4 will win the entire tournament it just keeps maybe the real 2nd place team from claiming 2nd place which I think is less important than head to heads

The way I look at it is this. After pool play go home. Who cares If the first place team plays and blows out every lower place? Oh I forgot the championship game when A1&A2 probably meet up again. Meanwhile A3&A4 get to have one last great consolation game and beat up on the two lowest pool play teams. Maybe it is me but have the pool play decide the teams out so that they are equally matched games in the end. This also gives the underdog team,having a great day, a chance to move up a spot. Either way top teams and lower teams both have a bad experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes zero sense.....this is why NXT rules the tournament world. No chance teams return to this one...
Dude, chill, you get to play good games and develop. You can't play in AA and want a cake walk to the finals. Two teams will come out of both brackets and have a chance to win a t shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT stacked their pool last weekend at Meltdown in the '22 division.
A cakewalk into the championship bracket and they ended up being the 1 seed over the 15 yr olds from Canada, Rising Sons, Roughriders.
NXT putting that Canadian team in the '22 division is irresponsible. They put our 12/13 year olds up against their 14/15 year olds. This is not conjecture, I talked with their parents. They were 14 and 15.
NXT rules the tournament world? Nah. Putting players at risk is dangerous and irresponsible.
You run the tourney, you can set the pools. I get it. They all do it.
But player safety should be a priority.
Shame on NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do think he is right if you are going to run a tournament and teams are going to pay good money the expectation is that there is some thought and consideration put into seeding teams. Let's see $1,500 X 200 teams is $300,000 for a single tournament gross....put some thought into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why I love this site.
Daddies propping their little boys up.
This is lame. We all know you posted this daddy.
Next time try this:
Man, BL looked different this past weekend. Didn't look as dominant on defense for some reason. Transition on the clear and GB on the defensive end were off for some reason. My son plays for another team but I found myself watching all of BL games and taking copious notes. Something seemed off for them. Did they have all their AA kids there or were they all at college showcases this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly teams are regularly called out for living in a "bubble". It would give me no greater pleasure than to see a Philly team frustrate a team from Strong Island early in the day Saturday. I'm not talking about a win necessarily, but competitive games. If and when that happens, I'd love to hear what the Igloo parents etc. have to say. Will we get props or excuses? Can't wait to see!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College showcases? Of course they were. We have many freshman on the team. Our kids must average at least 15 years in age. When we win games, it's only because they are there. Never mind the fact that some of our bigger kids, the ones im confident you think are older, are some of the genetically gifted younger players. Sure, let's start talking age again. Blah, blah blah. You are right the team was off, but you are a long way off from why. Review your notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey insecure BL daddy
Nobody mentions age in this
Nobody mentions grade
Your insecurities are bubbling up to the top
He's making fun of the daddy who posted about his own son
Try and keep up, fella

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey insecure BL daddy
Nobody mentions age in this
Nobody mentions grade
Your insecurities are bubbling up to the top
He's making fun of the daddy who posted about his own son
Try and keep up, fella

If mentioning college showcases isn't about age or grade, I'm sorry for misinterpreting. Age not a frequently discussed topic? Wrong. Insecurity? No. Tired of people making ignorant comments. Yes. Your "daddy" references are pretty funny though. Makes you come across like a sniveling troll and pretty much makes anything you say a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You got called out for propping up your son on a message board. And you did it as if you were just some random observer.
It was funny. We all laughed at you.
Own it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does this mighty '23 BL LSM hail from? Philly kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does this mighty '23 BL LSM hail from? Philly kid?

He is from Kennet and his Dad definitely didn't post this.....the kid is a great athlete and prefer's other sports. The kid is 12 he can play whatever he wants....is it a huge lose of course but the team will keep going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I posted it and if it makes you feel good to pretend I am his dad than enjoy yourself at my expense. Life is too short to worry about the likes of you. I can also assure you that I am not his father I believe he already appeared on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You got called out for propping up your son on a message board. And you did it as if you were just some random observer.
It was funny. We all laughed at you.
Own it and move on.

I have to agree with the earlier post why so negative, is your team bad, is your kid a benchwarmer? My son plays for Madlax and we played Brotherly Love in the Fall and I can also vouch as well, the LSM he is referring to was the most dominant player on the field including both offensive and defensively. If he has given up lacrosse, let it serve as a reminder to all of us to keep in mind why we do this. Might be prudent to make sure that your kid is truly enjoying himself. I see plenty of kids that are berated by their parents, yelled at by their coaches and the "fire" just isn't in their eyes. As parents we are often oblivious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the lesson, you said you play for madlax, you shouldn't be telling anyone what to do bro! Look into who cashes your checks

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard