BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 44 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Skywalkers are for real. Amazing how far they have come in 2 years

M&D dad is awfully quiet. Is there panic within the Fortress? Skywalkers didn't just win the game, they put an absolute beat down on you. What happened?

MDU gave Skywalkers a better game than M&D did.

Was that the worst beating M&D 2021 ever received?

Yes, it is the worst of the 4 games that the girls have lost since 5th grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers are for real. Amazing how far they have come in 2 years

M&D dad is awfully quiet. Is there panic within the Fortress? Skywalkers didn't just win the game, they put an absolute beat down on you. What happened?

MDU gave Skywalkers a better game than M&D did.

Was that the worst beating M&D 2021 ever received?

Yes, it is the worst of the 4 games that the girls have lost since 5th grade.

But 2 of those 4 losses in 5 years occurred in a span of a month.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Under Armor tryouts last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate lost to mass elite 4-3 in final in NE invt in Amherst

Who? And who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said it last year. M&D has a midfield problem and this game is largely dictated by midfielders. The first team midfield for Skywalkers is the best in the country. YJ is the only team that I have seen with comparable middies. Other teams like Heros and even TLC have middies as good or better. TLC's draw girl made the UA team. The draw girl from Heros always gives M&D fits.

You said it last year when M&D didn't lose a single game? How prophetic of you. M&D is missing 2 of their best middies and best attacker. How would SW fair if you remove 127, 1 and 48?

My bad...I thought M&D lost to SW in Hagerstown last year? SW was missing 3 starters at Hagerstown in 2016. We were missing 3 girls last weekend as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, I thought it was pretty well run. but the call backs were odd Imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will always be a few deserving girls who slip through the cracks at these type of try outs. I'm sure some here, but you also get a large group of the entitled kids and parents who feel they should have made the cut, when in reality......
Anyway I think they did a good job on the call backs, most all those kids certainly deserve it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can we find the list of call backs or roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will always be a few deserving girls who slip through the cracks at these type of try outs. I'm sure some here, but you also get a large group of the entitled kids and parents who feel they should have made the cut, when in reality......
Anyway I think they did a good job on the call backs, most all those kids certainly deserve it.

from what I saw the players who refused to pass and ran the length of the field got called back. Just a selfish style of play Imo, but I get that it is a tryout and that's how these things go. My daughter was glad she went, it was a good experience and gave her a better idea of where she stood with other players her age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

from what I saw the players who refused to pass and ran the length of the field got called back. Just a selfish style of play Imo, but I get that it is a tryout and that's how these things go. My daughter was glad she went, it was a good experience and gave her a better idea of where she stood with other players her age.

Can someone help out, I'm new to all of this. Where was this held and how did you get involved? Thanks!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone help out, I'm new to all of this. Where was this held and how did you get involved? Thanks!

its the Under Armor All American lacrosse tryout. search google
there are also the Under Armor 150, the Brine team and the warrior team. follow these businesses on Twitter I find a lot of info that way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its the Under Armor All American lacrosse tryout. search google
there are also the Under Armor 150, the Brine team and the warrior team. follow these businesses on Twitter I find a lot of info that way

The UA is legit, Brine and Warrior are weak copies trying to emulate UA. Then the Nike 120 is legit and AU created the 150 trying to copy that, think that will be weak too. Many of these weak copycat versions are an expensive waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak because you say so. Give us a break

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent level was very high at UA tryout. Do others agree? Great to see so many talented young players, many of which are not YJ kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent level was very high at UA tryout. Do others agree? Great to see so many talented young players, many of which are not YJ kids.

There was talent but most stacked on a couple of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 13
Md U. 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 13
Md U. 2

Hard to believe some Heros posted that. Must be some D team parent from Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 13
Md U. 2

Was that the playoff game? SW beat M&D in their final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers #1. M&D was tougher than heck in 6th grade though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you not see m&d beat them after the skywalkers cheapshoted one of the best 21 players in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expect more parity. M&D will have a tough time the rest of the summer. Good thing they have one more try out left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. Missing 5 starters. One of which broke her collarbone today thanks to a cheap shot in the full game against SW(that M&D won). For all this talk, M&D and SW are 2-2 against each other this year. Keep talking. It will be fun next year when the teams are at full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. Missing 5 starters. One of which broke her collarbone today thanks to a cheap shot in the full game against SW(that M&D won). For all this talk, M&D and SW are 2-2 against each other this year. Keep talking. It will be fun next year when the teams are at full strength.

Aren't all M&D players starters? It's been my impression from reading posts that all the girls could start on ANY team in the 2021 age group. What ever happened to the "next man up" philosophy? The excuses we are hearing astound me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't need to wait for next year. It's fun this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers are a good team but they are just a flat out dirty team who has no problem crosschecking from behind or anywhere else. Yes they are talented but they might start getting a taste of their own medicine. You don't have to be especially talented to knock down an opposing player. If you can dish it out expect to receive the same treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams will have significantly different rosters after August tryouts. The good players on all of the other teams will want to make Heros, M&D or SW before the teams lock for HS. The rich get richer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers are a good team but they are just a flat out dirty team who has no problem crosschecking from behind or anywhere else. Yes they are talented but they might start getting a taste of their own medicine. You don't have to be especially talented to knock down an opposing player. If you can dish it out expect to receive the same treatment.

Bring it on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
threats from a team that often plays down due to more than four yellow cards in a game, nice!

Both programs are historically physical teams. The check that resulted in an injury was not intentional or dirty just like I'm sure the check to the face the skywalker player received was not intentional. The girls on each team care about each other and respect each other. Too bad that doesn't translate to the parents on each team. Sad.

The truth is they will beat each other several times over the next several years and we will be lucky to watch some great lacrosse.

Stop trying to ruin it with threats. I guarantee you the girls don't feel this way about each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring it on.

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh that's precious - "value system". Coming from probably a Maryland lacrosse parent - that's hilarious. How old is your daughter? How many years did you hold her back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring it on.

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.

Either way, take it to the MD forum. We don't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D received a yellow card in the second half against SW. The SW girl was hit so hard in the face by the M&D girl that the bruise measured 8". It was an assault and battery by the M&D player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
threats from a team that often plays down due to more than four yellow cards in a game, nice!

Both programs are historically physical teams. The check that resulted in an injury was not intentional or dirty just like I'm sure the check to the face the skywalker player received was not intentional. The girls on each team care about each other and respect each other. Too bad that doesn't translate to the parents on each team. Sad.

The truth is they will beat each other several times over the next several years and we will be lucky to watch some great lacrosse.

Stop trying to ruin it with threats. I guarantee you the girls don't feel this way about each other.

Correct - those 2 girls do know each other and the M&D girl who was hurt may very well be college teammates with the SW girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct - those 2 girls do know each other and the M&D girl who was hurt may very well be college teammates with the SW girl.

ahh.. so sweet. dont let the door hit you in the va**** on your way back the MD forum..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ahh.. so sweet. dont let the door hit you in the va**** on your way back the MD forum..

Don't let facts get in the way of your snark.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams will have significantly different rosters after August tryouts. The good players on all of the other teams will want to make Heros, M&D or SW before the teams lock for HS. The rich get richer.

It would be foolish to move to these teams or any "elite" team for 3 reasons:
1. They would be resented for taking a spot of a former teammate
2. Why move from a club where you are a top dog to one where you might get little playing time?
3. Colleges don't care about the name on the front of the jersey, only the girl wearing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh that's precious - "value system". Coming from probably a Maryland lacrosse parent - that's hilarious. How old is your daughter? How many years did you hold her back?

Hold backs are a boys lacrosse tactic, dip stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Why move from a club where you are a top dog to one where you might get little playing time?
3. Colleges don't care about the name on the front of the jersey, only the girl wearing it.

Let me add that many of the parents on these teams only care about the exploits of their own daughter and could give a crap about the team and other players. Enjoy spending your weekends with these winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold backs are a boys lacrosse tactic, dip stick.

Keep believing that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me add that many of the parents on these teams only care about the exploits of their own daughter and could give a crap about the team and other players. Enjoy spending your weekends with these winners.

Our daughter moved from a top 10 club to one of the above mentioned and it was the best decision she ever made. Both parents and players welcomed our family with open arms and the teammates were so much nicer. She is having to work harder to gain respect/playing time, but that is what competition is all about. BTW, colleges do care what club and you can just witness the amount of them on the sidelines of the above mentioned teams.

Page 35 of 44 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard