BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 78 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD/DC is the best area for top teams and is certainly stronger now at this age than NY/LI.

We will see at the WSYL who has the best players on age. My Guess is LI will have 3 teams in the semi-finals.

None of the top MD teams are going to wsyl. LI teams changed their lineups just so that they could go. Winning wsyl is as prestigious as winning beachlax this year. Millon championship is the only real championship this year.

Million Cheating Championship - Bring who ever you want to play. At least at WSYL you had to show Birth Certificates, Report Cards and Parents Driver's License.

Every tournament has to show Proof of age and grade!
Ask for a roster check form your coach and he can get one for every team entered in any tournament.
Coaches and teams can have access to all that information .

Other than WYSL, what tournaments require proof of age or anything else??! My sons' club doesn't even have that info - with 3 boys going through travel lax, with at least 4+ different organizations, I can say that I have never provided any of that info to them - all they have is my sons' USL #, and I highly doubt they do anything more with that other than verify that it is valid, and I doubt USL has more than the DOB provided to them, maybe validated against a Birth Cert if you sent it into them. No tournament paperwork I've been asked to submit as a parent has been anything other than a waiver - no proof of anything required. The whole non-WYSL tournament scene is the the honor system, thus the wild west.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys and Girls - there is no longer a true championship to these teams the water has been muddied.

There is no league with unified rules so stop trying to compare each other.

The different game have their own championships and the winners of both are talented players. But what they mean vs each other nothing.

Regardless of age rules the top teams are paying at Millon championships and lots of top teams are skipping wsyl and young guns this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys and Girls - there is no longer a true championship to these teams the water has been muddied.

The different game have their own championships and the winners of both are talented players. But what they mean vs each other nothing.

Regardless of age rules the top teams are paying at Millon championships and lots of top teams are skipping wsyl and young guns this year.

That because they can bring who ever they want to Millon!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'They' Who is they? Everyone except LI teams? Its funny you act like every team is just cheating. There is 20 teams signed up for MM tournament from all over the country and all have agreed to the rules and outlines provided. Just like all MD teams had tryouts and follow all rules and outlines provided by the leagues they play in..WSYL changed the script after all teams were set. Hence the MD teams not going . Please stop talking [lacrosse] when your own towns don't get along and cut kids just so they can go to WSYL. LI doesn't even invite the best team(Igloo) to play in the best tournament they hold all year. Express had 40 kids on sideline and played 10 all weekend. Every team there was just as big as the next. It was very good competition. Wait, didn't MD9-1 lose to NY9-1 too . You might want to stay home the rest of the summer cause it sounds like you will cry and whine after every tournament. Unless you happen to win one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'They' Who is they? Everyone except LI teams? Its funny you act like every team is just cheating. There is 20 teams signed up for MM tournament from all over the country and all have agreed to the rules and outlines provided. Just like all MD teams had tryouts and follow all rules and outlines provided by the leagues they play in..WSYL changed the script after all teams were set. Hence the MD teams not going . Please stop talking [lacrosse] when your own towns don't get along and cut kids just so they can go to WSYL. LI doesn't even invite the best team(Igloo) to play in the best tournament they hold all year. Express had 40 kids on sideline and played 10 all weekend. Every team there was just as big as the next. It was very good competition. Wait, didn't MD9-1 lose to NY9-1 too . You might want to stay home the rest of the summer cause it sounds like you will cry and whine after every tournament. Unless you happen to win one.

I agree. Just shut up and let the kids play.
When I come to Maryland what is the best place to eat crabs

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD/DC is the best area for top teams and is certainly stronger now at this age than NY/LI.

We will see at the WSYL who has the best players on age. My Guess is LI will have 3 teams in the semi-finals.

None of the top MD teams are going to wsyl. LI teams changed their lineups just so that they could go. Winning wsyl is as prestigious as winning beachlax this year. Millon championship is the only real championship this year.

Million Cheating Championship - Bring who ever you want to play. At least at WSYL you had to show Birth Certificates, Report Cards and Parents Driver's License.

Every tournament has to show Proof of age and grade!
Ask for a roster check form your coach and he can get one for every team entered in any tournament.
Coaches and teams can have access to all that information .

Other than WYSL, what tournaments require proof of age or anything else??! My sons' club doesn't even have that info - with 3 boys going through travel lax, with at least 4+ different organizations, I can say that I have never provided any of that info to them - all they have is my sons' USL #, and I highly doubt they do anything more with that other than verify that it is valid, and I doubt USL has more than the DOB provided to them, maybe validated against a Birth Cert if you sent it into them. No tournament paperwork I've been asked to submit as a parent has been anything other than a waiver - no proof of anything required. The whole non-WYSL tournament scene is the the honor system, thus the wild west.

I have never provided proof of anything either and have seen numerous people claim to use fake USL #'s to avoid the fees. USL asked for birth certificates but like everything else in Lacrosse it was only a suggestion. I am beginning to think this might be the way to go because what exactly am I paying for? It's every man for himself with no oversight or real safety rules in place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Just shut up and let the kids play.
When I come to Maryland what is the best place to eat crabs

You can gets crabs from the milfs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/3 of the Millon teams are also in WSYL. I know that 4 of those teams will have identical roster at both events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/3 of the Millon teams are also in WSYL. I know that 4 of those teams will have identical roster at both events.

and those will be the true 2022 teams.... if you are on one of those teams understand that the term "championship" doesn't really apply to the Million tournament, and if you can compete well you are actually the better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the Maryland teams can't make the age requirements and the LI teams will be at WYSL so Young's guns won't be as good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and those will be the true 2022 teams.... if you are on one of those teams understand that the term "championship" doesn't really apply to the Million tournament, and if you can compete well you are actually the better team.

You do realize in the grand scheme of things, this "championship" is as meaningless as the next youth tourney. You think Matt Rambo is going to tell his kids about the national championship he won as an eighth grader? If it isn't enjoyable because you feel disadvantaged, then why come? Get with you club director next year and tell them you only want to play on the island. At some point, you will have to come to terms with the fact that your kid will be competing for a limited number of spots in college recruiting classes with kids a year or more older. Call them what you want, but the coaches simply call them assets to their team if they are good enough whether they are hold backs or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize in the grand scheme of things, this "championship" is as meaningless as the next youth tourney. You think Matt Rambo is going to tell his kids about the national championship he won as an eighth grader? If it isn't enjoyable because you feel disadvantaged, then why come? Get with you club director next year and tell them you only want to play on the island. At some point, you will have to come to terms with the fact that your kid will be competing for a limited number of spots in college recruiting classes with kids a year or more older. Call them what you want, but the coaches simply call them assets to their team if they are good enough whether they are hold backs or not.

Did you just really compare youth sports with college? Is that really your argument? Of course when they are older then the only thing that will matter will be ability! That does not negate the basic point that there is a huge disparity in size due to puberty during these years. And that kids that cannot compete on age should not be allowed to use the school system to manipulate the playing field for everyone. There is a disadvantage or else why do you do it? You don't need to worry about it being enjoyable for me or not, nothing that you say about me feeling disadvantaged or not enjoying the competition really addresses the issue. You are bringing up things that have nothing to do with the problem of there not being an even playing field for many of our youth. It will change so enjoy it while you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Collin Heacock (Matt's MD teammate) was asked prior to this season what his favorite lacrosse memory was and he said it was when his RoughRider team beat the Crabs to win an event like this. I would imagine winning NCAA is now his #1 memory, but these events have a big impact on kids for the rest of their lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you just really compare youth sports with college? Is that really your argument? Of course when they are older then the only thing that will matter will be ability! That does not negate the basic point that there is a huge disparity in size due to puberty during these years. And that kids that cannot compete on age should not be allowed to use the school system to manipulate the playing field for everyone. There is a disadvantage or else why do you do it? You don't need to worry about it being enjoyable for me or not, nothing that you say about me feeling disadvantaged or not enjoying the competition really addresses the issue. You are bringing up things that have nothing to do with the problem of there not being an even playing field for many of our youth. It will change so enjoy it while you can.

Extremely sensible perspective

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply question to all

Which would you choose age based U9, U10, U11, etc, etc, or grade based?

I would prefer age up to U15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply question to all

If a tournament offered U13, etc. divisions and a 2022 division, which would you prefer your child play in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply question to all

If a tournament offered U13, etc. divisions and a 2022 division, which would you prefer your child play in?

U13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply question to all

Age based - it's not even really debatable. I'm sure someone advocating for grade based will make an argument, but any such arguments are vastly inferior to age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
millon should post rosters and ages for all teams for his tourney ,teams are still gonna play just would be nice to see what ages are include in 2022 group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply question to all

Age based - it's not even really debatable. I'm sure someone advocating for grade based will make an argument, but any such arguments are vastly inferior to age based.

Let's hear those arguments and make this productive. Because I agree with you, but would love hear a rationale for grade.

No insults please - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo bringing 7 players from last years WS team back for a second chance. Claaaaaaaaasy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo bringing 7 players from last years WS team back for a second chance. Claaaaaaaaasy

AHHHHHH WRONGGGGG get facts straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penguin?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys and girls about WSYL how many of the Legacy team are in HS now, face it, there will always be those that are younger for their grade that will be of age for this. in this game they will be the oldest for the first time in their lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is that controversial, why play in it? Get together with the other LI teams and start a league, make it age based. Then no complaints right? Don't pay for tournaments you feel are rigged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? Age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is that controversial, why play in it? Get together with the other LI teams and start a league, make it age based. Then no complaints right? Don't pay for tournaments you feel are rigged.

oh sure... really realistic, thanks for all the help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well your solution is way better, come on BOTC and complain repeatedly while doing nothing. Good job! Keep at it, it will surely change, everyone is listening and will soon comply to your sour grapes on BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't igloo doing LI Laxfest? Are they avoiding Express and 9-1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WYSL groupings posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo the last team to beat the Hawks?

T9-1MD beat them Indoor over the winter at NXT.

Express and Igloo beat Hawks in same Tourney (Battle on the Bay) in the Fall.

No one has a full team at fall ball events.

Freedom beat Hawks in spring scrimmage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? Age based.

They don't have 7 players from Black Ice. Three at the very most. And for the 100th time, WSYL is a U tournament. Grade is irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NICE...now we are putting credibility to a play-date scrimmage. Just to give full context, Hawks beat Freedom 13-2 in early spring tournament at Hopkins in a "real-game". Either way, the teams continue to change, the boys continue to grow and mature at varying times, and most of all THEY ARE 7th GRADERS THAT HAVE A LOVE FOR THE GAME! It doesn't really matter, these teams are only as good as your last tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well your solution is way better, come on BOTC and complain repeatedly while doing nothing. Good job! Keep at it, it will surely change, everyone is listening and will soon comply to your sour grapes on BOTC.

You have no idea what I'm doing or not doing. And your attitude is ruining lacrosse so until you change how you do things you will keep hearing from me. I'm glad you don't like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what I'm doing or not doing. And your attitude is ruining lacrosse so until you change how you do things you will keep hearing from me. I'm glad you don't like it.

Hey, cry baby, I put forth a legitimate solution. Create a league of Long Island travel teams. Have them play each other every week locally. You don't like it, you're doing nothing you whiny squat. What a complete jerk you are. Keep pissing and moaning on here squatter, nothing will change because no one listens to whiny little sissys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we already beat them up. next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo the last team to beat the Hawks?

T9-1MD beat them Indoor over the winter at NXT.

Express and Igloo beat Hawks in same Tourney (Battle on the Bay) in the Fall.

No one has a full team at fall ball events.

Freedom beat Hawks in spring scrimmage.

Same bracket at Young Guns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't igloo doing LI Laxfest? Are they avoiding Express and 9-1?

Nobody is doing L.I. Lack-fest this year -- just the two 9d1 teams, Channy and Outlaws. Looks like that "clear sky rainout" from two years ago has finally had its impact. Most of the top 2022 East Coast teams are at the HHH in Philly this year. Zummo and AA have their boys at other tournaments before taking the corporate jets to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? Age based.

They don't have 7 players from Black Ice. Three at the very most. And for the 100th time, WSYL is a U tournament. Grade is irrelevant.

I am sure the Igloo Players that were left off the WSYL Roster for the Black Ice Player understand it is a U Tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, cry baby, I put forth a legitimate solution. Create a league of Long Island travel teams. Have them play each other every week locally. You don't like it, you're doing nothing you whiny squat. What a complete jerk you are. Keep pissing and moaning on here squatter, nothing will change because no one listens to whiny little sissys.

How about you put your own league together, we'll call it "snowflake kids who are afraid of kids their own age". But then your kid would be on the bench....

Page 54 of 78 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard