BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA is holdback central. The Varsity line ups are full of kids who should be in College. Joke.

Uneducated public school dropout you must be.

Mommy and Daddy keep telling those MIAA boys that? Funny that just to compete on a field they have to be a year older...doesnt say much about their overall future.

Wait, what in your son's future will be by birth year other than candles on the cake?

By that logic 10 year olds should play against 3 year olds.

The goal in youth sports is to have kids at the same stage of developement play each other for a fair game. While not perfect, age cutoffs are better at keeping developmentally similar kids together than grade cutoffs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vlc was missing kids too. Vlc '21 beat NL 9-2 at St. John's play day in march when both teams had a full roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons 2021 team 1-3 on the weekend, ouch. Have they already disbanded or what is going on there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons 2021 team 1-3 on the weekend, ouch. Have they already disbanded or what is going on there?
They were 2-3, with a one goal loss to Igloo 8-7 and win over Texas Mustangs 8-5 today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a lot of very good 2021 teams at the Adrenaline tournament. Sons looked like a solid team to me. They had to play Igloo twice, the second time losing by just one goal. I'm not from Philly, so I have no idea if they normally look better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to TM it was a 6 goal loss?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to DC Express 2021 - won NLF - went 6-0 - beat 91 NY in Final 10-5. Beat Mesa in semis 11-3. 91 beat Crabs in semis 6-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to DC Express 2021 - won NLF - went 6-0 - beat 91 NY in Final 10-5. Beat Mesa in semis 11-3. 91 beat Crabs in semis 6-5.

Why didn't they play in Delaware with the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had sons in both the NLF and Delaware tournaments this weekend. Based on the attendance of D1 coaches at NLF, that was by far the most prestigious of the two. While the coaches were mainly evaluating 2018 and 2019 talent at NLF, their attendance should tell you whom the coaches think are the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start off by saying I don't know much about lacrosse, but my son loves it and he's exceptional at his position. I'm not worried about him being on a winning team, I'm looking on him getting the best coaching he can, for his position and future (high school and college), can anyone give insight on coaching staff for 2021's. My son's not reclassed, but I appreciate reclasses at this age, because he playing against the competition he'll be playing next year in high school.

These are the teams he's considering, based being able to make all practices:

madlax capitol
lax factory
vlc
3d
rock
cav's
lax world
evergreen

I know this is a wide range of skill levels, my lacrosse knowledge is very limited, so please forgive my ignorance. defense is the coaching I'm most concerned with.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start off by saying I don't know much about lacrosse, but my son loves it and he's exceptional at his position. I'm not worried about him being on a winning team, I'm looking on him getting the best coaching he can, for his position and future (high school and college), can anyone give insight on coaching staff for 2021's. My son's not reclassed, but I appreciate reclasses at this age, because he playing against the competition he'll be playing next year in high school.

madlax capitol
lax factory
vlc
3d
rock
cav's
lax world
evergreen

I know this is a wide range of skill levels, my lacrosse knowledge is very limited, so please forgive my ignorance. defense is the coaching I'm most concerned with.

that is close a 100 mile distance spread in teams you are considering from leesburg (evergreen) to rock (north baltimore)

you managed to list the teams in their order of level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

madlax capitol
lax factory
vlc
3d
rock
cav's
lax world
evergreen

Very easy to answer this question. Go to VLC and Madlax tryouts and then maybe go to 3D. I would say out of the rest start with where you live and pick based on what is close. I would also say do Evergreen last, too new of a program to be your first option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express has excellent defensive coaching and an excellent 2021 team. If you can make it to practices for the clubs above, you could make it to DC Express practices. Blackwolf also has excellent defensive coaches, including Isaiah Davis-Allen from U. Maryland, winner of this year's Senior Class award and two time first-team All American.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express has excellent defensive coaching and an excellent 2021 team. If you can make it to practices for the clubs above, you could make it to DC Express practices. Blackwolf also has excellent defensive coaches, including Isaiah Davis-Allen from U. Maryland, winner of this year's Senior Class award and two time first-team All American.

I left these off my answer because they where not on your list but now that these two are on the list we have a full list of clubs in the Nova, DC and SMD area. I would also agree that BW,DC express, VLC and Madlax all should be the first you tryout for.

Side bar I would like to guess where you are from the person asking the original question? My guess would be Ashburn or somewhere in Loudon CO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't imagine someone from Loudon would be willing to travel to Rock or lax world, especially when there are 20+ better clubs along the way

everyone ignores Lax Factory, they are a good club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't imagine someone from Loudon would be willing to travel to Rock or lax world, especially when there are 20+ better clubs along the way

everyone ignores Lax Factory, they are a good club

Well they go up 15 to get into Maryland and I thought ROCK was kinda out towards 15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, Lax Factory is up 15 in Frederick, MD. Lax Factory has a good 2021 team, much better than VLC and 3d. Rock is up closer to Baltimore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock has merged/unmerged with so many clubs over the last 5 years its hard to keep track

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. . . and Blackwolf has 2021 players now playing 2020 games so if your son is really that good, he can play up against the freshmen. Look at where some of the best HS defensive players in your area are playing by club. Like someone said, it's hard to tell where you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good guess, Ashburn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I realize it's a wide area, so I wanted as much insight as possible, before deciding. Thank you for thoughts on the ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Factory is one of my top choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Factory is run by a good guy and is improving, but not a strong club at all yet. But their 2021 team is decent. Probably is their talent base is upper Montgomery County public school kids, so the pool isn't as deep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2021 might be one of the worst teams I have seen this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best 2021 Team in DC Metro Area right now - is DC Express. Won NLF Main Event on Long Island (Over 91 LI) and Crabfeast (Over Crabs) - so far 12-0 this summer. Did lose to Crabs in HOCO Finals - after going undefeated till then. Team will place at least 10 of its players on Top Tier Varsity Teams as Freshmen - many already playing with Varsity Teams - Bullis, Landon, Prep, Gonzaga

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best 2021 Team in DC Metro Area right now - is DC Express. Won NLF Main Event on Long Island (Over 91 LI) and Crabfeast (Over Crabs) - so far 12-0 this summer. Did lose to Crabs in HOCO Finals - after going undefeated till then. Team will place at least 10 of its players on Top Tier Varsity Teams as Freshmen - many already playing with Varsity Teams - Bullis, Landon, Prep, Gonzaga

Congratulations. You must be so proud that your olders boys go around beating up kids that are younger. Your team is loaded with Holdbacks... Deny all you want......pretty sad....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The majority of their defense is the same 3 SSSA boys that have been on the team since the beginning and they must come as a package because they shouldn't all be there.

Until there are changes, the team won't progress

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you felt the need to say this because??
You want to also put out that the 2019 2024 teams are top 3 in country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please keep posting this so all the best players on crappy clubs decide to tryout for Madlax 2021 this Fall thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks DC Express Mom!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome. any evidence to contrary......nope. is what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably 75% of that team is reclassed / holdback kids! I get it - it works! For those that can afford it and the egos to justify it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - not true. None have reclassed - not a single one, but 4 do have summer birthdates - so held by September 1st standards - agreed.

Just great players and great team - has always been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

someone asked about a club for his son and after watching them i offered my opinion, have not seen the other teams and this is a thread about 2021 teams,
why would you feel the need to talk about a 19 and 24 team in a 21 thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

someone asked about a club for his son and after watching them i offered my opinion, have not seen the other teams and this is a thread about 2021 teams,

I agree they are not in the top 10 but to say any Madlax Cap. team is the worst team you seen all summer is a clear jab at the club for another reason. Not a true observation of a teams skill. Please tell me what tournaments you attend this summer and I will find you 10 to 15 worse teams that played in these tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - not true. None have reclassed - not a single one, but 4 do have summer birthdates - so held by September 1st standards - agreed.

I don;t care about the reclass debate, but this is not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree they are not in the top 10 but to say any Madlax Cap. team is the worst team you seen all summer is a clear jab at the club for another reason. Not a true observation of a teams skill. Please tell me what tournaments you attend this summer and I will find you 10 to 15 worse teams that played in these tournaments.

I said one of the worst teams not the worst team. I thought they had a pretty good player and two other kids that were okay, but not a good team. I saw them play this week, so please Cabell list away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok then....Most kids are Pre-first....same thing as a reclassed kid.... Bigger and older just re-packaged a different way...Play your own age and stop inisisting how great you are when you are putting men against boys. loosers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok then....Most kids are Pre-first....same thing as a reclassed kid.... Bigger and older just re-packaged a different way...Play your own age and stop inisisting how great you are when you are putting men against boys. loosers

HS now. Move on. Tiresome debate across the board, but worthless in HS. If you are in 9th grade, you play 9th grade club. You play as high as you can make at school, but at club you play grade. There is absolutely no reason to be evaluated outside of your grade level in club tournaments or showcases and run the risk of getting mixed up on a recruiting board. Hopefully the good ones knew better and played up during youth to maximize development, but HS years are all business. The State having jurisdiction recognizes your grade, not some dope on a lax forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah you are right - 4 of 22 players is most......makes sense. 3 of those 4 don't start by the way. DCE is not the Crabs - is what it is. Every Team in Maryland has at least 4 pre-first kids. Majority have more.

Sorry - True.

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard