BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dont kill me on this. Just one parents observation on some of the top 2015 at each position. Again, just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

Att-
Concannon, Delina, Dunn, Reynolds, Hawthorne.

Mid-
Sullivan, Tigh, Lang, Liccardi, Dannengellis, Yevoli, Fracarro,

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-
Germain, Fowler, Colomussi, Kelly, Borges,(Ballers and Jesters had very good D men just dony know their names).

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

Again, to be taken as just one persons view.

very good list, interesting as it pertains to previous post - 3 of the 22 are Ballers and the previous post says other Baller defenseman are good just didn't know the names, yet previous post felt that no Baller or Jester could make express orange - I think that two Baller's on the list (Desanti and Yevoli) could make any team that tried out for - I would add Tim Mattise (sp?) from outlaws would be on my list of D or LSM

It will be interesting to see how many "new" kids try out for fl$ and Express and just as interesting if the new kids make it who will be knocked off. Like musical chairs, a lot more kids than spots. The tension and anxiety is building. Lets get it on!

Got news for you. The backroom maneuvering already started in the summer. If you haven't already been approached by fl$ or Express good luck hunting for that community college spot. This whole thing is nuts. I wish my kid had just stuck to something like golf or crew where your handicap and erg times are all that matter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids listed above are all great, great players. However, to demonstrate how deep the 2015 class is, I think it would be easy to put together a team that could compete with that "team": Willets, Laviano, Purdie, Campbell, Morris, Mattiace, Gilbert, Henningsen, Jones, Moreta, Myers, O'Connell, Flynn, Kearns, etc. Lots of talented kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids listed above are all great, great players. However, to demonstrate how deep the 2015 class is, I think it would be easy to put together a team that could compete with that "team": Willets, Laviano, Purdie, Campbell, Morris, Mattiace, Gilbert, Henningsen, Jones, Moreta, Myers, O'Connell, Flynn, Kearns, etc. Lots of talented kids.

Ballers beat this team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
two lists of 2015's and no mention of Colin Burke, Showcase MVP or Brian Cameron who already committed to Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deeper yet...Duran, Brennan, Zimm, Toes, Thomas, Buscemi, Raffa etc... tons of offensive firepower in this grade but need to hear more about close D.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your son is which one on the list?

The best players at each position are TBD ...

Evaluate the best HS varsity players for the best HS teams, when they get there.

IMO, nobody should be able to post kids' names, even if positive. And especially not anonymously. Opens the door to a new world of self-promotion that will eventually deteriorate. Someone will come forward with "John Doe in Islip is way better than ..."

And are all those parents ok with someone identifying their minor sons on a public message board? I don't let my kids have a Facebook page, and wouldn't want them appearing on anyone's list without me knowing and approving beforehand. Just my 2 cents.

I agree Cage Sage are you listening... Names should not be allowed. It is an invasion of privacy, especially dangerous when those whose names are used without their permission are under 18 years of age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard from coaches and club directors that the 2015 class is one of the deepest they've ever seen across both Nassau and Suffolk. My rankings for long island by grad year would be as follows:

1) 2015
2) 2014
3) 2013
4) 2017
5) 2016

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I agree Cage Sage are you listening
Yes, we are always listening.

Names should not be allowed.
You can open your own board, make your own rules, and do whatever you want. However, while you are on BOTC, our rules are clearly published, the boundaries established, and we police the board against those rules.

It is an invasion of privacy...
Absolutely not - reporting and discussion of players is not an invasion of privacy.

Originally Posted by Anonaymous
... especially dangerous when those whose names are used without their permission are under 18 years of age.
Which do you think is more dangerous? This community or Newsday's coverage of High School Sports? Do we need to list the dozens of alternative youth sports sites (including those listing college recruitment, interests, tournament appearances, and such) that go far beyond what you see here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as everything is kept positive there shouldn't be a problem with names. Unfortunately, not being mentioned on opinions of "good players" can hurt but not nearly as much as being directly put down.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
As long as everything is kept positive there shouldn't be a problem with names.
As we said earlier in this thread, this 2015 discussion will stand as long as we do not go down any dark paths of negative posts. Any negative player posts, as we said earlier, will result in immediate, irrevocable expulsion from the board. With great discussion comes great responsibility. This has the potential to be a very positive and interesting discussion of upcoming High School Varsity players.

Unfortunately, not being mentioned on opinions of "good players" can hurt but not nearly as much as being directly put down.
There are plenty of student-athletes who do not get picked up in a Newsday article. Are they hurt?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont kill me on this. Just one parents observation on some of the top 2015 at each position. Again, just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

Att-
Concannon, Delina, Dunn, Reynolds, Hawthorne.

Mid-
Sullivan, Tigh, Lang, Liccardi, Dannengellis, Yevoli, Fracarro,

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-
Germain, Fowler, Colomussi, Kelly, Borges,(Ballers and Jesters had very good D men just dony know their names).

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

Again, to be taken as just one persons view.

clearly, you do not know what you don't see. Can't blame you for that though.

Exactly. Spillane from Carey just committed to Penn State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to hear some opinions - is it possible to be selected for Under Armour and not play Express? How many Express vs fl$ were selected for this year's team? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is possible to make the UA underclass team without playing for Express. Although the team is predominately made up of Express players, fl$ players (and others) also make the roster every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is from the Express website re: Under Armor team. Clearly a connection with St. Anthony and Chaminade too. Sorry if this is obvious to many of you. Trying to figure out the best program for my son. He is 2018 and we plan on keeping him in a public school. We are leaning to either fl$ or Express. I know we missed the tryouts - new to the Island. Who knows if he'll be good enough for UA but it would be nice to not have below average odds of making it because of the jersey he wears.

•Sam Bonafede - 2014 Chaminade (Princeton)
•Timmy Burke - 2013 Chaminade (Dartmouth)
•Brian Dunne - 2013 Chaminde (Duke)
•Danny Fowler - 2013 Chaminade (Duke)
•Greg Galligan - 2014 St. Anthony's (Georgetown)
•Justin Guterding - 2013 Garden City (Duke)
•Nick Koshansky - 2013 St.Anthony's (Notre Dame)
•Ryan Lukacovic - 2013 Chaminade (Virginia)
•Dylan Molloy - 2013
St. Anthony's (Brown)
•Tim Muller - 2013 Chaminade (Maryland)
•Brian Pratt - 2013 Chaminade (Yale)
•Michael Strack - 2013
St. Anthony's (Navy)
•Tom Zenker - 2013 Chaminade (Duke)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my two cents is he is in 7th grade - put him in the best situation for him to become the best player he can be and the rest will take care of itself - don't worry about making one team that plays one weekend six years from now - six years ago nobody cared about UA and all that mattered was making the Empire team. The Empire Games folded and UA emerged and became huge, now Empire is back and who knows what the future brings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does not get the caliber of players that Express does.
fl$ is the kids that cant make Express.
Go for Express. Unless your puting your kid in Chaminade then you may have a shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That fee doesn't include any tournaments unlike all of the other clubs, the fee is a few thousand more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does not get the caliber of players that Express does.
fl$ is the kids that cant make Express.
Go for Express. Unless your puting your kid in Chaminade then you may have a shot.

This is an ignorant comment. Over the past several years there has been a lot of movement between the two teams Some kids getting cut from fl$ going to Express and vice versa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speak to people on both teams and see how they feel, how their kids are developing. There are other excellent programs where your child will have a chance to develop. It is not too late to get your child on a team - call around. There are often imjuries or families move.

Remember all these teams are a business. The UnderArmour and Brine programs are designed in part rake advantage of a parents willingness to pay for college coach exposure. Pick a team that is the right fit for your child. If your child is not selected for one of the "under arnour" type teams, use the money you saved to hire a consultant (no I am not one) working directly for you and your child to gain college exposure. There are plenty of kids who are not "undr armour all americans" playing D1 lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another ridiculous comment.
All families pay for the tournaments no matter whether it is embedded in other costs or not. The fl$ total tournament fee adds a few hundred dollars to the cost - not thousands. Obviously one needs to take travel costs and hotel meals etc into the calculation as well

Travel lacrosse is an extremely expensive proposition for any team.

Any team should be able to provide you with a total cost estimate for all their fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any negative player posts, as we said earlier, will result in immediate, irrevocable expulsion from the board. With great discussion comes great responsibility.

Not enforced obviously 18468 18474 needed editing and should still be edited as the posts remain published

The poster and you owe the player an apology for allowing such a negative post to persist

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any negative player posts, as we said earlier, will result in immediate, irrevocable expulsion from the board. With great discussion comes great responsibility.

Not enforced obviously 18468 18474 needed editing and should still be edited as the posts remain published

The poster and you owe the player an apology for allowing such a negative post to persist
The comment you are citing is from post #20215 in response to the discussion of the 2015 lacrosse names offered. Note that the conversation has been extremely upbeat across those players.

As particular players were not referenced in posts #18468 and #18474, these were not further edited. At BOTC, we enforce the Board Rules with regularity as needed. This is our one and only response on this item.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the thin skin from the fl$ supporters? It's ok to be critical of a program - some programs could benefit if they listen carefully to all sides. I think we all agree that its not ok to be critical of individual players by name, which thankfully I don't see anywhere here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does not cultivate players...not many practices and coaching is weak..Many fl$ players make a C team on express and an A team on fl$..facts are facts...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son made express orange and 91 orange. Let's not be making broad stroke generalizations. Come now..... fl$ also picks their team and if anyone declines.. they don't run out and scramble to back fill. The team is the team. Those that don't want the nonsense gravitate to fl$! Goooooo fl$!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son was on fl$, why would you try out for three teams. Where is your commitment to fl$? You don't know what you are talking about. This must be your first child playing lacrosse.. Go fl$!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son was on fl$, why would you try out for three teams. Where is your commitment to fl$? You don't know what you are talking about. This must be your first child playing lacrosse.. Go fl$!!!

Some of us like to try out for all the top teams:

1). To put the bed silly statements like your son would never make Express or 91.

2). As a back up because you never know what the "plan" is for the team or what the other parents plan is fo rthe boys on a team.

3). Some of us like to see if are good enough for those teams and like to put our sons in the best envirnment for our sons.

Loyalty is a two way street which in many cases has not been proven by prior history.
Rob

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Super Dad,

Come down off your high horse...Write back when your son makes a Top DI school. Sounds like you are making your son out to be more than he is. A top player doesn't have to prove themselves they make a college team no matter who they play for. Get with the program...pal..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nope.. not my first. At the end of the day my kid plays for the team that he gets the most out of and I'm sure you do the same for your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tourney criticized for being held during school week. I agree. What's next? Christmas Day and Easter?

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012...ions-coaches-recruit-younger-and-younger

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Quoting the article : "This year, for instance, two youth training companies, fl$ Lacrosse of Massapequa, N.Y., and 3d Lacrosse of Denver, announced a Nov. 8-9 showcase for top players in Bel Air. Those dates fell on a Thursday and Friday in the middle of the school year and thus seemed to encourage players to miss class for a recruiting event."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tourney criticized for being held during school week. I agree. What's next? Christmas Day and Easter?

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012...ions-coaches-recruit-younger-and-younger

Not only that but only 10 days after Sandy when most kids had already missed 8 days of school. What's another 2? Shameless money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying it is right- but hundreds of young and older kids miss school for hockey tournaments all over the country- a few times a year- not even recruiting events- just part of the travel hockey scene. I often wonder where the line will finally be drawn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent there is no way I would patronize that! Crazy missing school for that. But many will do it and people will always find a way to make money!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an offer from another out of state event that same weekend that if we wanted to cancel because of any hardship related to the Hurricane that we could get a full refund. Was any such offer issued by fl$? If not, should have been - its the only decent thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe it is pre determined. My son tried out last year and did not make the team. However, there were six kids that got "cut" from the previous season's team. That takes a lot of guts for a program that charges what they do.
As far as what they charge, they earn every penny. The last I saw, the 2013 team had a majority of the kids committed to play at the college level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cutting kids from existing teams does take guts. But that is the trend of the future because more and more kids are playing and competition is getting harder as you move up each age group. How many teams in each age group this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse programs are built on the coaching staff. Kids did not get cut, the coach did. Coach #2 brought in "his Players"- that makes it pre-determined. Which was either a very poor choice or "Gutzy".
The question as to why fl$ is money driven is obvious. Because we'll pay it for our kids.I know the business world on this small Island fairly well and feel more uneasy for my kid than he does. fl$ Coaches wont be liking this. A business model is prodding into their labor of love. I'm out next year "no regrets".

That was a poor choice in my humble view.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very poor showing for fl$ at the Winter Nationals for '17, '18, and '19 teams. What's going on? Can't attract the talent anymore? Too much money? Too little time on the field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is for sure if they have a poor year you will see a bunch of fl$ helmets at Express and 91 tryouts come the fall. Nobody wants to pay the cost of the program and get tuned up every weekend. You dont want to play in the B division this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard