BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens in lax all the time. A lot can happen in 4 years. I've seen little fat 8th graders that are studs by their senior years. I've seen superstar 8th graders that are the same size and talent 4 years later. It's great to have a college interested in you in 8th or 9th grade year but comes down to good parenting and keeping things in perspective for the kid. College has nothing to lose with early verbal offers and will continue to do so until NCAA steps in but signing day senior year is when the rubber meets the road.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Happens in lax all the time. A lot can happen in 4 years. I've seen little fat 8th graders that are studs by their senior years. I've seen superstar 8th graders that are the same size and talent 4 years later. It's great to have a college interested in you in 8th or 9th grade year but comes down to good parenting and keeping things in perspective for the kid. College has nothing to lose with early verbal offers and will continue to do so until NCAA steps in but signing day senior year is when the rubber meets the road.

I agree with this post. the early verbal is only that a verbal promise. I can see if Maryland is your dream school and you are are Jr in high school and you have not verbaled to Maryland you think "I can never go to Maryland" But the truth is those 14 kids on the verbal list for the 2017 class will not be the 14 kids signing with Maryland on NLI signing day. And if you have 5 other schools blowing up your phone your SR year I am sure Maryland will answer the phone if you call and tell them they are your dream school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the rubber is meeting the road for the freshmen HS athletes - how is it going? Any surprises?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this post. the early verbal is only that a verbal promise. I can see if Maryland is your dream school and you are are Jr in high school and you have not verbaled to Maryland you think "I can never go to Maryland" But the truth is those 14 kids on the verbal list for the 2017 class will not be the 14 kids signing with Maryland on NLI signing day. And if you have 5 other schools blowing up your phone your SR year I am sure Maryland will answer the phone if you call and tell them they are your dream school.

Maryland is a great example. They take a ton of early recruits but will also pick up late bloomers. This past summer they picked up a couple of rising seniors (2017s). They also took college transfers in the fall and even took a freshman in the spring semester that played for Drexel in the fall. You better come ready to play at Maryland, though. A number of players didn't make it from the fall season to the spring roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express North is definitely in the top 10... Lost by 1 to crabs during the summer, beat laxachussets yellow and black etc....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and a bunch end up leaving too. very intense program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and a bunch end up leaving too. very intense program.

Not what happened this past year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for the fall off theory at Crabs, killing it up in Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would hope so since they are a year older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they do against Leading Edge and Crush?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hint...Ryan was spotted scouting the 2018 and 2019 games later in the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to Leading Edge and to Crush in semi's. Great games, Leading Edge looked really good, and the Crush game in semi's was 6-8. Great day of lax, probably get to see some rematches next week at big4 in philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to Leading Edge and to Crush in semi's. Great games, Leading Edge looked really good, and the Crush game in semi's was 6-8. Great day of lax, probably get to see some rematches next week at big4 in philly.

Solidly a top 5 team nationally now w/ Looney's, Edge, FCA or Leading Edge, Crush still team to beat, but gaining on them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Than your B team, I suppose, but nobody in the upper brackets would cheapen themselves with that argument. Stay in your bracket, please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Than your B team, I suppose, but nobody in the upper brackets would cheapen themselves with that argument. Stay in your bracket, please.

Stay in your age group please...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true Crabs dad. [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Elite 120 event being held in Baltimore today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time/money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was down there earlier this morning, lots of coaches. Most of the top clubs sent several players. Games start later this morning. UA promotional event, so kids are getting a nice experience touring facility and supposed to get most D1 program representation..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money grab.

You are an idiot. It is being done at no charge to the players. Fantastic event put on by the NLF.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was down there earlier this morning, lots of coaches. Most of the top clubs sent several players. Games start later this morning. UA promotional event, so kids are getting a nice experience touring facility and supposed to get most D1 program representation..

The list was personally edited by RM which means top 120 to only him and the attendees. NLF promotional event set up by RM using UA facilities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money grab.

It's free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time/money

It's free you idiot, promoted and funded by Under Armour and NLF. Every D1 school represented. Top several kids from the top 10 programs Nationally. Sounds like it will really suck. Invitation only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time/money

It's free you idiot, promoted and funded by Under Armour and NLF. Every D1 school represented. Top several kids from the top 10 programs Nationally. Sounds like it will really suck. Invitation only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time/money

I'm sure there were some great players there but I'm quite certain that it was not the top kids in the country. It was another event orchestrated for the benefit of a few adults and a few dozen kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well run event. Top talent of boys. Plenty of college coaches. No cost to the participants and and they adjusted games based on the heat. Exactly as advertised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91md do at the real tournament this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time/money

I'm sure there were some great players there but I'm quite certain that it was not the top kids in the country. It was another event orchestrated for the benefit of a few adults and a few dozen kids.

Your kid didn't get an invite, eh? Sit down and shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The list was personally edited by RM which means top 120 to only him and the attendees. NLF promotional event set up by RM using UA facilities.

COU bullsh*t GH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting bracket that Crabs pulled this weekend for Saturday play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any coaches on the 2020 sidelines at CrabFeast?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very few, it is clear the coaches are not worried about 2020 at this point. Kind of weird after how much attention they got last summer at this very same tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very few, it is clear the coaches are not worried about 2020 at this point. Kind of weird after how much attention they got last summer at this very same tournament.

Not sure what field you were at but at Cedar lane there were numerous D1 coaches watching 2019 & 2020s play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what field you were at but at Cedar lane there were numerous D1 coaches watching 2019 & 2020s play

3 or 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's lost to FCA 10-8

Looney's didn't have their FOGO or Goalie and that was the difference in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs 2020. They are pretty bad now. Definitely not the top tier team they use to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happend to Crabs is that a bunch of their holdbacks now play for FCA. In addition - the advantage they had over teams because of holdbacks is also dwindling because their opponents have actually hit puberty.

Crabs is a dying a slow death. Recruiting rule change and the eventual move to age based classification per USL recommendations will put an end to their scheme. Long over due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs 2020. They are pretty bad now. Definitely not the top tier team they use to be.

Three reasons:

1. Defections to other teams
2. Others playing the holdback game that Crabs created (namely, FCA)
3. Puberty closing the gap for non-holdback players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's lost to FCA 10-8

Looney's didn't have their FOGO or Goalie and that was the difference in the game.

Every team plays without key players from time to time in the summer. If Crush had given an excuse like missing players last week, Looneys would be the first to jump all over them. Looneys lost - that is all. Congratulations to FCA, the new #1.

Page 25 of 28 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard