BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 44 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but being from md, I don't even recognize the clubs that were at summer showcase.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This must be a Team Elevate 2021 Blue parent. Well they Played two Prime Time teams tied one and won by one goal, no competition right. They also played a Phantastix 2021 White team won easily and PA Express 2021 Orange won easily. No top team was there, no middle tier teams were there.

Did they play any Maryland teams? All the way to Maryland and you did not get to play any Maryland teams.

Elevate 2021 played the top MD teams and went undefeated! This is a very strong group from Long Island. Not sure there will be a whole lot of competition this summer. Hoping there will be more competition in MA this summer!

Noticed YJA is duckiing all the top teams this coming weekend? Driving all the way to PA to play Liberty? No Hereos, SW or M&D? I get it's a showcase but is CR that insecure about this age group? At least we know where the college coaches won't be standing.

Hmmmm?? Yes you are correct, and it is not going unnoticed. And, isn't every tournament a showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is sarcasm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im an elevate parent and there is no way someone from our team would say we played top MD teams and went undefeated. We know who top teams are. And primetime was a very good team. Im calling a disgruntled parent trying to stir the pot. And for them to say a not alot of competition this summer is such a bulls*** line i know its not an elevate parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be a Team Elevate 2021 Blue parent. Well they Played two Prime Time teams tied one and won by one goal, no competition right. They also played a Phantastix 2021 White team won easily and PA Express 2021 Orange won easily. No top team was there, no middle tier teams were there.

Did they play any Maryland teams? All the way to Maryland and you did not get to play any Maryland teams.

Elevate 2021 played the top MD teams and went undefeated! This is a very strong group from Long Island. Not sure there will be a whole lot of competition this summer. Hoping there will be more competition in MA this summer!

Noticed YJA is duckiing all the top teams this coming weekend? Driving all the way to PA to play Liberty? No Hereos, SW or M&D? I get it's a showcase but is CR that insecure about this age group? At least we know where the college coaches won't be standing.

Hmmmm?? Yes you are correct, and it is not going unnoticed. And, isn't every tournament a showcase?

You know what's more embarrassing then some tough guy who wants to knock Elevate and where they play? Answer: YJA National Draw schedule!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is decent but a step down from top three. Of course everyone can have a bad game but...

Rankings with some numbers of strength out of 100. Not an mnd parent either. Promise. This summer will make things more clear.

1. Mnd. 9
2. Sw 8.5
3. Heros 8.4
4. Stars 7.5

Top 4 in md. Will update in 6 weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will be scouting the Liberty black team. It's the only LI team she hasn't recruited all the talent from!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will be scouting the Liberty black team. It's the only LI team she hasn't recruited all the talent from!

Liberty is going to shellac YJ this weekend and the best LIb players would never consider playing for this train wreck of a club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what's more embarrassing then some tough guy who wants to knock Elevate and where they play? Answer: YJA National Draw schedule!!!

Umm since you mentioned it I had to check; they're in your bracket so what's the implication?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just face it the talent level in the 21 class on Long Island is not very strong. 22 is much stronger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is decent but a step down from top three. Of course everyone can have a bad game but...

Rankings with some numbers of strength out of 100. Not an mnd parent either. Promise. This summer will make things more clear.

1. Mnd. 9
2. Sw 8.5
3. Heros 8.4
4. Stars 7.5

Top 4 in md. Will update in 6 weeks

TEAM ELEVATE 2021 BLUE - 8.8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just face it the talent level in the 21 class on Long Island is not very strong. 22 is much stronger.

Yes...I'm sure you have done an in-depth study and compared the two classes......oh yea, and I'm sure your kid is the top 22 player. Geez......you are in the running for the stupidest post this year......congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some classes are stronger than others and it is easy to make that assessment by just looking at the top YJ team and how successful and talented they are. Would people agree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some classes are stronger than others and it is easy to make that assessment by just looking at the top YJ team and how successful and talented they are. Would people agree?

Ha....very funny but a good one. Second dumbest statement. This thread is 2 for 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is going to shellac YJ this weekend and the best LIb players would never consider playing for this train wreck of a club.

Is this the year that Liberty passes YJ and leaves them in the dust ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. The universe revolves around YJ - so, if they are bad then the whole universe is bad. You need to get off the island more often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to get a bite. So both age groups are very strong for YJ. Better than your club, unless you play for M&D black, Heros green, SW blue or Stars, you are in a different conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the year that Liberty passes YJ and leaves them in the dust ?

Must be nice being able to hang out at the clubhouse and put a few down before lunch after playing 18 in the morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to get a bite. So both age groups are very strong for YJ. Better than your club, unless you play for M&D black, Heros green, SW blue or Stars, you are in a different conversation.

Has YJ A played any games yet? Curious as to why they would not want to face any of those teams you mentioned since no other LI club should be in the same conversation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has YJ A played any games yet? Curious as to why they would not want to face any of those teams you mentioned since no other LI club should be in the same conversation?

Y.J. A have not played with their full team since last summer. Time to play some games. Good luck to all and safe travels as the summer season starts up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A can put down all other LI teams but will be driving 3-4 hours and play B teams in a tournament that all the top MD clubs are attending? What an embarrassment! Parents would be better offer spending their money on camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be an interesting match between YJ Skak and Cobra Kia @ Naional Draw. Bet the college coaches will be lined up for that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A can put down all other LI teams but will be driving 3-4 hours and play B teams in a tournament that all the top MD clubs are attending? What an embarrassment! Parents would be better offer spending their money on camps.

Very true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be an interesting match between YJ Skak and Cobra Kia @ Naional Draw. Bet the college coaches will be lined up for that game.

There won't be any college coaches at any 2021 games this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were college coaches watching 2021 AND 2022 at Impulse. They had blocked off areas for college coaches only, with plenty sitting there with clipboards. No contact doesn't mean they can't watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just about as wrong as you can get, but thanks for posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was probably the dumbest remark on this post to date and there have been plenty of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a heads up to all you 2021 parents . Don't waste your money on the Under Armour underclass man girls teams. Unless you know who the evaluators are in advance . One NJ team had 2 evaluators from 2 NJ Clubs ... result out of 22 selected 15 were from their clubs! That's 70%! They were over 150 girls there . Oh and btw who here thinks BBL and T3 are strong clubs? Don't need to look far check out the commit list! Under Armour is at fault here for not using an impartial evaluation team considering the $ they charge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a heads up to all you 2021 parents . Don't waste your money on the Under Armour underclass man girls teams. Unless you know who the evaluators are in advance . One NJ team had 2 evaluators from 2 NJ Clubs ... result out of 22 selected 15 were from their clubs! That's 70%! They were over 150 girls there . Oh and btw who here thinks BBL and T3 are strong clubs? Don't need to look far check out the commit list! Under Armour is at fault here for not using an impartial evaluation team considering the $ they charge.

Under Armour has always been a waste of time money grab....my daughter is a top player, but we pass on this one! Wait till they're seniors, then the actual best girls are chosen, play for free, and it is prestigious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Under Armour has always been a waste of time money grab....my daughter is a top player, but we pass on this one! Wait till they're seniors, then the actual best girls are chosen, play for free, and it is prestigious.

I drank the kool-aid for 5 years. I am cutting back on all extras except club practices and tournaments. Haven't looked into the Under Armour as a result of the new recruiting rules, but I know the Brine was a complete waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I drank the kool-aid for 5 years. I am cutting back on all extras except club practices and tournaments. Haven't looked into the Under Armour as a result of the new recruiting rules, but I know the Brine was a complete waste of money.

I think what we need to realize is one size does not fit all in terms of camps et al. Some families have $$$, others don't. Some families have multiple kids to worry about, others don't. Some kids like participating in camps, others don't. At the end of the day, you need to reflect on what works for you and your family. I believe, unfortunately, that lax is becoming a "keeping up with the Jones'" scenario in which we worry about what the competition is doing and not focusing on whats best for our own situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Dave. Team Elevate 8.8? I thought you'd go right for a 10.0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more ! UNCER ARMOUR A JOKE If your committed it means nothing ..remember everyone is good,when you get there!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sour grapes much? You do realize UA 2021 were competing for a spot against 2020s? There were very few 2021 picked overall - my daughter was not selected but was called back and the 21s who did make team were amazing players. I am not from "that club" either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you share which clubs had evaluators there ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sour grapes much? You do realize UA 2021 were competing for a spot against 2020s? There were very few 2021 picked overall - my daughter was not selected but was called back and the 21s who did make team were amazing players. I am not from "that club" either.

My daughter is trying out next week but my expectation is not very high. I agree with a prior post that given the amount we pay for the privilege to tryout out, they should have unbiased evaluators. To me, why couldn't the NJ and LI evaluators have swapped? When you read the UA website it all sounds great that every girl has a shot, just a number no names and then a bunch of connected cronies to various town/clubs show up as the evaluators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, Brine was a fun one and done experience. Participating more than once is a complete waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coaches at the games yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis: Skywalkers 2021 Blue just beat M&D 2021 Black 15 - 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis: Skywalkers 2021 Blue just beat M&D 2021 Black 15 - 6.

Wow. The spring league loss wasn't a fluke.

Page 33 of 44 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard