BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Tryouts
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think ?

If you live in a town that has enough athletes capable of AND interested in playing tournament lax, then maybe. But realize there are many more towns, particularly in Nassau, that do not have the numbers to do that. And once you go the route of SYAG, you are no longer a town team - you are a travel team.

Most Nassau PAL clubs are shrinking and registering in 2 year age groups (3rd/4th, 5th/6th etc) so finding a group to go travel on age is going to be tough. I think Farmingdale tries to do it. Even travel is shrinking pretty quickly. Just look at the younger ages of YJ's the biggest club. They are at 2 teams in the younger ages down from FIVE just a couple of years ago

I don't think travel is shrinking - I think there are more clubs so the numbers are just spread amongst more organizations.

On LI it has to be down almost 30% vs 3 years ago

Maybe people realize that its not automatic for little Timmy to get a scholarship just becuase he played travel lacrosse. And that its a killer to travel to MD and other places. Family killer. Time killer. Wallet killer.

Then maybe you should have your son stop playing if it's killing you and your family. I can't stand being on the sidelines or back at the team setup location and listening to parents complain about being there. Wishing they were on their boat etc.... i love the fact that my son plays. I love the fact we get to go away and spend time together. I love the look on his face when he and the rest of his teamates are playing in the pool or some other game around the hotel. It all goes by so quick and one day it will all be over. Enjoy every minute of it while you can. If your only motivation is my son needs a scholarship then get out because you will be very disappointed. there is no gold pot at the end of the rainbow. The only gold you get is all the memories you and him can cherish the rest of your life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were fortunate enough to start a town team. There are a couple of stragglers from other towns (3) but the families and kids are a great fit. The cost is a quarter of what the top travel teams want. We are doing 5 tournaments and plenty of training. I seriously hope other towns pick up on the trend even if you grab a couple of your own stragglers. Those top travel clubs are getting way too big, they are almost monopolizing the game. If you ever sat down and did the math of what they are getting you would be astounded. The bottom line for me is that my little Johnny is not going to college to be a lacrosse player but a student that maybe if he is lucky will play lacrosse. I know the argument that we are not a true town team if we have kids from other towns so call it what you want. All I know is my kid enjoys his team along with his coaches and I get to save about a grand doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town you need a player ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people steering away from travel teams ? Im seeing more and more town teams making there own travel teams at a fraction of the cost. Are people starting to wake up and not pay $2,500 plus ZuF3CBfor a B team and still losing at tournaments ? Some crap product travel teams are putting out on the field and losing. Yes I did travel 1 year drank the cool aid and the team was not that good. What do some of you think

My son plays on his town team which happens to have a very good coaching staff, provides year round training at a very reasonable cost and is very competitive in tournaments, even against club teams. However after having numerous people lecture us on the need to play out to be successful in this sport my son reluctantly(partially our fault) joined a club team. After a few months of getting 1/3 of the playing time, half the practices, dealing with daddy coaching issues and parents who thought their kids were the next rabil, he happily quit and went back to his town team. It's unfortunate many towns can't field a team and are left with few options. I'm not knocking club teams they serve their purpose to the right clientele, I'm just glad my kid chose on his own what made him happy and made the choice that he did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please answer what is "Dynamic sports management" ?? I am getting emails from them from like 4 different organizations for tryouts and they all have the same address in Melville ? Are all these teams linked together from 90+1 ? What's going on ??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please answer what is "Dynamic sports management" ?? I am getting emails from them from like 4 different organizations for tryouts and they all have the same address in Melville ? Are all these teams linked together from 90+1 ? What's going on ??

It is the 9d1 parent company. They have teams, like 9d1, Ducks and Beach Bums, they have sports training brands but they also provide outsourced back office stuff for separate clubs as a service. So you've got club X and you don't want to deal with registrations, websites etc they'll do it for you for some unknown sum of money. Brilliant business model. Even if they don't own the club team, they find a way to make money off them. Oh yeah and they own the company that runs a bunch of tournaments as well. They'll run your tournament too, for a small fee. Like roaches, they find their way into everything. Nobody wants them and yet you can't be rid of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its usually a lump sum payment and then a fee per head. The more kids that sign up the more cash they make. Look for tryout fees to go up again to help cover additional cost

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard