BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: Girls 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with the mentality of playing team lacrosse. Tell me what college team runs everything through 1-3 girls. Integrity 2021 and 2020 runs everything through 1-3 girls and that's why the 21's dissolved. The 20's will be next when the "kool-aid" runs out.

And I apologize for bringing up an irrelevant club, but it's a great analogy nonetheless. MD United's girls are leaving by the 1/2 dozen.

Nice try Stace...enjoy your time at Nowhere United.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the mentality of playing team lacrosse. Tell me what college team runs everything through 1-3 girls. Integrity 2021 and 2020 runs everything through 1-3 girls and that's why the 21's dissolved. The 20's will be next when the "kool-aid" runs out.

And I apologize for bringing up an irrelevant club, but it's a great analogy nonetheless. MD United's girls are leaving by the 1/2 dozen.

Nice try Stace...enjoy your time at Nowhere United.

The only girls that have left United were those that were no longer unfairly guaranteed their spot when the former coach pulled up the stakes on her circus tent and left town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will see at tryouts. BA does not know how to coach. She should stick to buying new cars every 6 months and leave the coaching to people who are qualified which is few and far beteeen at MU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all funny. The good news is M&D plays Skywalkers and Heros on the first day of the first tournament in a few weeks.

They also have NEMS and MD United East that weekend. Not an easy weekend by any stretch of the imagination. We will have a better picture when all is said and done.

Why do you keep trying to infuse MD United into these conversations? Stop already. They are not in the same tier as M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Stars, etc. What separates them is their selfish play and lack of teamwork. I'm not saying they don't have talented girls, it's just that you don't get the opportunity to see them because their teammates don't give up the ball. I don't know why this isn't corrected in practice, because I know the college coaches are aware of it. This me-first isn't unique to just the 2021's, but the whole organization.

I think it's probably the ILM, the club hopper. She's probably trying to justify moving her kid from club to club, in search of that full-ride scholarship to the U of MD for her kid. SE...here's some news for ya: it's not gonna happen.

Looking unlikely. Yes U MD were front runners in early recruiting, and any kid likely to get anything near full ride would be the kids that were targeted first. They already targeted and verbaled two from2021, the likelihood of the "full" is get further and further away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will see at tryouts. BA does not know how to coach. She should stick to buying new cars every 6 months and leave the coaching to people who are qualified which is few and far beteeen at MU.

Parents have also noted that they get very little assistance in the recruitment process.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all funny. The good news is M&D plays Skywalkers and Heros on the first day of the first tournament in a few weeks.

They also have NEMS and MD United East that weekend. Not an easy weekend by any stretch of the imagination. We will have a better picture when all is said and done.

Why do you keep trying to infuse MD United into these conversations? Stop already. They are not in the same tier as M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Stars, etc. What separates them is their selfish play and lack of teamwork. I'm not saying they don't have talented girls, it's just that you don't get the opportunity to see them because their teammates don't give up the ball. I don't know why this isn't corrected in practice, because I know the college coaches are aware of it. This me-first isn't unique to just the 2021's, but the whole organization.

I think it's probably the ILM, the club hopper. She's probably trying to justify moving her kid from club to club, in search of that full-ride scholarship to the U of MD for her kid. SE...here's some news for ya: it's not gonna happen.

Looking unlikely. Yes U MD were front runners in early recruiting, and any kid likely to get anything near full ride would be the kids that were targeted first. They already targeted and verbaled two from2021, the likelihood of the "full" is get further and further away.

When was there ever a chance for a "full ride" to Maryland? I hope you are just trying to lay on the sarcasm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was there ever a chance for a "full ride" to Maryland? I hope you are just trying to lay on the sarcasm.

Nope, I'm not. Her attitude is that she won't accept anything less than a full ride to MD. She doesn't care what her kid wants. She's delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, I'm not. Her attitude is that she won't accept anything less than a full ride to MD. She doesn't care what her kid wants. She's delusional.[/quote]

There is no such thing as a FULL ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, I'm not. Her attitude is that she won't accept anything less than a full ride to MD. She doesn't care what her kid wants. She's delusional.

[/quote]

Not true. Rare but it does happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Rare but it does happen[/quote]

The sad part is that the girl they are referring to isn't even that good. She's not even in the upper echelon of MDU East. I feel bad for her because mom's expectations are unreasonable.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sad part is that the girl they are referring to isn't even that good. She's not even in the upper echelon of MDU East. I feel bad for her because mom's expectations are unreasonable.[/quote]

An upper echelon at MD United? Now that's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sad part is that the girl they are referring to isn't even that good. She's not even in the upper echelon of MDU East. I feel bad for her because mom's expectations are unreasonable.

An upper echelon at MD United? Now that's funny[/quote]

Her mom has turned her into a basket case because of her unreasonable demands. The kid is a pretty nice kid so I feel horribly for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious and partially terrified - which high school will this mom be terrorizing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the new recruiting rules went into effect, how many of you are planning on skipping camps this summer? Seems like an incredible waste of money as our girls can't start having contact until their junior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the new recruiting rules went into effect, how many of you are planning on skipping camps this summer? Seems like an incredible waste of money as our girls can't start having contact until their junior year.

Taking the year off. Not worth it. Club directors and coaches may tell you that the process will still go on indiscreetly, but they're full of it AND their jobs depend on it. Have your daughter enjoy the pool and playing in the neighborhood. She'll probably appreciate it more than you and your checkbook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking the year off. Not worth it. Club directors and coaches may tell you that the process will still go on indiscreetly, but they're full of it AND their jobs depend on it. Have your daughter enjoy the pool and playing in the neighborhood. She'll probably appreciate it more than you and your checkbook.

I know of some parents that still plan on doing camps just so their daughters "get on the list". Seems like a pretty expensive "list" to get on for a two year waiting period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You may be correct that there are no free rides at Maryland, it is a school my daughter is not interested in so we have never sat with coaches there on offer discussion. But I can assure you first hand that there are certainly other schools in the top 10 and top 5 that do offer full rides, and not just tuition but all inclusive. Rare? I'm certain, and it is probably limited to the top 10-20 kids in the age group, but these same kids have multiple full ride offers from various schools, so in that sense the offers are not rare, the players are. Don't know the kid you are talking about and have no idea if she is one of those rare players, but I will also say that you never know what a college coach is thinking when they see a player, a player you may not think much of may be just the peice of the puzzle the coach needs and wants. Puzzle peice players are not full riders, those are apparent to everyone when you see them play. Every coach has their own philosophy on how they will divide scholarship monies, you would also be surprised that a large amount of kids will play for little or no scholarship money just to be a part of a good team or to get into a good academic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros escapes in a nail biter over MD United in Terp Play Day. Can't wait for summer season to start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may be correct that there are no free rides at Maryland, it is a school my daughter is not interested in so we have never sat with coaches there on offer discussion. But I can assure you first hand that there are certainly other schools in the top 10 and top 5 that do offer full rides, and not just tuition but all inclusive. Rare? I'm certain, and it is probably limited to the top 10-20 kids in the age group, but these same kids have multiple full ride offers from various schools, so in that sense the offers are not rare, the players are. Don't know the kid you are talking about and have no idea if she is one of those rare players, but I will also say that you never know what a college coach is thinking when they see a player, a player you may not think much of may be just the peice of the puzzle the coach needs and wants. Puzzle peice players are not full riders, those are apparent to everyone when you see them play. Every coach has their own philosophy on how they will divide scholarship monies, you would also be surprised that a large amount of kids will play for little or no scholarship money just to be a part of a good team or to get into a good academic school.[/quote]

The player they are referring to is not a stand out. She is OK, but will be lucky to play D1, let alone at MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nail biter? No score was kept. Unless you are ILM sitting on edge of seat. Haha. No player on mdu going to MD that's for sure. Decent second tier team tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nail biter? No score was kept. Unless you are ILM sitting on edge of seat. Haha. No player on mdu going to MD that's for sure. Decent second tier team tho.

It's a Heros parent. What do you expect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of some parents that still plan on doing camps just so their daughters "get on the list". Seems like a pretty expensive "list" to get on for a two year waiting period.

Or here's a thought, maybe they are still doing camps because they really love the sport and want to do a lax camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is ILM?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Intense lax mom from mdu. Pure lacrosse coach is ridiculous btw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idiot Lacrosse Mom, not intense. And not just MDU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idiot Lacrosse Mom, not intense. And not just MDU.

Correct. Most clubs have their fair share of immature parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Pure Lacrosse coach has eliminated his teams from the best tournaments based on the vitriol that spews from his mouth. Sadly the parents are in denial of how their children are losing out on huge opportunities. It's embarrassing enough just to have to be on the sidelines playing against him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Pure Lacrosse coach has eliminated his teams from the best tournaments based on the vitriol that spews from his mouth. Sadly the parents are in denial of how their children are losing out on huge opportunities. It's embarrassing enough just to have to be on the sidelines playing against him.

Isn't Pure from Pittsburgh? Doesn't that pretty well sum it up for the parent's lack of knowledge and understanding when it comes to lacrosse opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pure is from Severna park area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't Pure from Pittsburgh? Doesn't that pretty well sum it up for the parent's lack of knowledge and understanding when it comes to lacrosse opportunities.

No. Pure is from AA Co. started club so his daughter would have place to play. Absolute maniac. As previous poster said. It's uncomfortable being on the sideline playin against them or even on the next field. What a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PURE is from Annapolis, but the attitude of its coaches is from "Deep Dark Depths of Dundalk" ! PPLC is from Pittsburgh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Intense lax mom from mdu. Pure lacrosse coach is ridiculous btw.

PURE is from Annapolis, but the attitude of its coaches is from "Deep Dark Depths of Dundalk" ! PPLC is from Pittsburgh.[/quotene }

Yes, one of the classic examples of daddy coaches in club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU plays this weekend, in order, SW Blue, NEMS, M&D Black, and TLC Red. If they go 2-2 I'd say you could lift the "second tier" label.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU plays this weekend, in order, SW Blue, NEMS, M&D Black, and TLC Red. If they go 2-2 I'd say you could lift the "second tier" label.

They will go 0-4. Then what do we do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only if one of the 2 wins is against SW or M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only if one of the 2 wins is against SW or M&D

I think that's a fair proposition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's API looking? I heard they got a great player that moved from Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great players come from Integrity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great players come from Integrity?

If your definition of "great" = dirty/cheap, API got themselves a gem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the only win they had in the spring league was against an 0-8 team. Looks like the new girl is really making a difference whoever she is.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard