BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 268 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take out sachem and smithtown , west islip and SWR !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only 1 Suffolk team ? I'll add 2 more Smithtown and you can throw Sachem in the mix .

Sorry, neither Smithtown or Sachem in the mix with the 5 teams Listed.

Recent History (5 years) the top Programs are

Ward Melville
GC
Manhasset
CHS
Syosset
Massapequa

Overall The top programs are / have been

Ward Melville
Garden City
Manhasset
Farmingdale
CHS
Massapequa
West Islip
Lynbrook
Syosset
?????
Not sure who I would say rounds out the top 10 programs.

Maybe SWR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best teams on Long Island should have certain criteria. I would think state championships is the #1 criteria, followed by Long Island Championships and finally County Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I forgot my password for laxpower, but if anyone goes on that site, please someone tell "Stickhead" "I told you so. CSH over SWR" Had a little debate on the matter at the beginning of this season. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 Suffolk team ? I'll add 2 more Smithtown and you can throw Sachem in the mix .

There is 2 Suffolk teams listed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best teams on Long Island should have certain criteria. I would think state championships is the #1 criteria, followed by Long Island Championships and finally County Championships.

All time Top Programs maybe a State Championship should be considered. However the "current" top programs State Championship may or may not be relevant . Winning two or three County Championships over the past five years is certainly more relevant than winning a State Championship 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 , 35 or 40 years ago.

The Top two Programs are without question:
- Ward Melville (Suffolk)
- Garden City (Nassau)

The "Current" recent history "3-5 years" Top Programs are

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remove any team without state championship, can't talk about a team being a TOP program if they haven't reached the TOP yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cold Spring Harbor plays as if it were in Nassau County. WM was the only one he listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All time Top Programs maybe a State Championship should be considered. However the "current" top programs State Championship may or may not be relevant . Winning two or three County Championships over the past five years is certainly more relevant than winning a State Championship 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 , 35 or 40 years ago.

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

We should also probably note that Chaminade and St. Anthony's are generally in the mix for best team on Long Island in any given year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey syosset dad, just make sure your kid wears his pants at the game tomorrow, it's not optional like it is in your town

lmao that was really funny. you got them good. #burn

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

Cannot be a top team without the top honor. Teams with a state title in the last 10 years are the only ones to be considered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

What about Chaminade, has to be in the conversation if were talking All Time Top Programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um, Manhasset anyone???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

Each team on the list has won the state championship in the past 5 years, except one. That team should be the exception keeping it off the list of true Top teams. Good team, but not a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um, Manhasset anyone???

Of course, as well as the two big Catholics! Oversight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

Cannot be a top team without the top honor. Teams with a state title in the last 10 years are the only ones to be considered.

10 years is a long time ago. Anything over the past 3 - 5 years is ancient history. Which programs are in their league/county championship almost every year?? Who are the teams who have multiple county championships over the past 3 - 5 years?? Who has won a Long Island or State Championship over the past 3 - 5 years??

Those are the best programs right now.

WM, GC, CSH all come to mind. Syo and Pequa have been very consistent as well.

Who else? maybe Manhasset? I do not know how they have finished the past 3 - 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip high School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip high School

LOL !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Garden City (Nassau)

WM
GC
cSH
Pequa
Syo

10 years is a long time ago. Anything over the past 3 - 5 years is ancient history. Which programs are in their league/county championship almost every year?? Who are the teams who have multiple county championships over the past 3 - 5 years?? Who has won a Long Island or State Championship over the past 3 - 5 years??

Those are the best programs right now.

WM, GC, CSH all come to mind. Syo and Pequa have been very consistent as well.

Who else? maybe Manhasset? I do not know how they have finished the past 3 - 5 years.
They lost to Victor in state final in 2015

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which team / person had the most disappointing ending to their season?

A) St Anthony Team - forfeited season
B) illegal player for Friars
C) st ants parents who tried to reclass / manipulate the system with theis son
D) player who's mommy who ratted out st ants player
E) mommy wh complained so her son could play
AB) Syosset team
AC) suspended Syosset goalie
AD) big mouth braggadocio Syosset dads
AE) soon to be former Syosset head coach

Baahahhhhaaaa

I think you are right the Syo HC has gotta go and it's long overdue. The persona and reputation is in such a decline in the school, the local community and amongst their opponents.Coach C can no longer just roll the balls out there and have magic appear , those prior teams were a special group of young men.

Igloo dads won't let that happen!!!

Igloo dads won't let JC get tossed they have too much invested in him.
Don't worry Syosset, you are not the only town with Igloo entitlement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think of the top 20 tryouts? Seemed teams were stacked prior with kids to be picked for next round. Seems to have turned into another money grab. Coaches were hardly even watching the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop because your kid didnt have a good day your calling bull? Are there phone calls made absolutely. Coaches were watching. Kids will make it on their names even if they had a bad day. Well this kid is committed so he should make it over a kid that is not. I get that. Teams were not stacked. Looked even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop because your kid didnt have a good day your calling bull? Are there phone calls made absolutely. Coaches were watching. Kids will make it on their names even if they had a bad day. Well this kid is committed so he should make it over a kid that is not. I get that. Teams were not stacked. Looked even.

Actually teams were stacked. Was rediculous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which of the seven teams were the stacked teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think of the top 20 tryouts? Seemed teams were stacked prior with kids to be picked for next round. Seems to have turned into another money grab. Coaches were hardly even watching the games.

What exactly is the top 20 tryout? Please forgive my ignorance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Nassau/ Suffolk
Tryouts beach today with the rising junior bracket. About 100 kids were there and they will cut down to 40 for a second tryout. Cuts should be up tonite.
Teams were divided fairly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau or Suffolk? maybe your talking about two different tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big of a bust was smithtown east again this year all that talent past 3,4 years and can't even make it off L.I is there Era done ?? Year after year they had so much fire power, faceoff guys etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk....One team had all the Leg kids and two of the best fogos, most made it to next round. Another team was stacked with Crush kids and most it through. Was this an accident? I think not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big of a bust was smithtown east again this year all that talent past 3,4 years and can't even make it off L.I is there Era done ?? Year after year they had so much fire power, faceoff guys etc

Poorly coached. They should be voted off the island for not winning with that talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should include all private and catholic kids at this tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. Same story year in and year out. Is it the coaching, or the parents pre anointing the kids state champ and the best team ever?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island is extremely competitive region. SE kids just get more press because of the Turtles/Lax Unlimited connection

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ,SE, will be okay only because others team's wont b as strong either. Smithtown West will dominate the smithtowns for the next 2/3 years. That said Ward Melville will be relatively untouched. I hope they (Patriots) play Chaminade and St Anthony's the next few years. Those will be the battles of Li. You could potentially have 2 teams in the top 5. Ward Melville will also benefit, indirectly, from the catholic school wide array of schools on their schedule.

Coming up next will be Massapequa and Garden City. Islip Riverhead ESM Manhasset SWR Kellenberg make up the next level. Maybe Wantaugh, Hills, Syo. Dalers always a wild card along with Port. LV will be strong as well. Who gets derailed who gets suspensions along the way have a saf hard working summer..

And for you Ward Melville, go take states, go patriots!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right. Same story year in and year out. Is it the coaching, or the parents pre anointing the kids state champ and the best team ever?

How can you complain about the coaching? They have 3 on the sideline and 8 father coaches in the stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? They can do their own top 20, I mean top 20 holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The showcase is run by the public school coaches associations in Nassau and Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ,SE, will be okay only because others team's wont b as strong either. Smithtown West will dominate the smithtowns for the next 2/3 years. That said Ward Melville will be relatively untouched. I hope they (Patriots) play Chaminade and St Anthony's the next few years. Those will be the battles of Li. You could potentially have 2 teams in the top 5. Ward Melville will also benefit, indirectly, from the catholic school wide array of schools on their schedule.

Coming up next will be Massapequa and Garden City. Islip Riverhead ESM Manhasset SWR Kellenberg make up the next level. Maybe Wantaugh, Hills, Syo. Dalers always a wild card along with Port. LV will be strong as well. Who gets derailed who gets suspensions along the way have a saf hard working summer..

Love how none of these so called list never include a team like Lynbrook or South Side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR was beatdown by CSH, outplayed at every position. Looked like college against HS. The bigger show was the embarrassment caused by the out of control SWR student fans and parents. What a disgusting and obnoxious display, coaches wife along with the rest of the Lax bro dads should have been ejected. CSH won with class, congrats!

Some were removed from the stadium by security.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? They can do their own top 20, I mean top 20 holdbacks.

Lol, Yeah ok they are all hold backs, this is absolutely a great event, but at least be honest, cant really call it a "top 20" when than a handful of 2020 St A and Chaminade kids are not in the mix at tryouts. Most people know who they are, and also know by now they are not holdbacks. So relax and enjoy the event and be glad those kids aren't there to take your sons spot.

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 268 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard