BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 214 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Athletic Placement Process(APP) is posted on the ESM website for all to see. In order to be eligible to even try out for varsity, you need to meet certain criteria. One of them is the LIKELYHOOD that the athlete would play at least 50% of the games. It does not say that they must play 50% of the game.

Is part of the academic requirement that they spell likelihood correctly?

My guess is that the intended definition of 'likelihood' did not intend for those 'APP' athletes to have so little value to the team that they played roughly zero minutes in any non blowout game. 'Likelihood' typically means that that they would be "superior athletes" that would gain the confidence of the coaches to be on the field for 'at least 50% of the games"

They should have been allowed to play at a level of their ability, where they would actually see the field and develop their skills versus sitting on the bench working on their post goal sideline routines. Read the minutes of BM's presentation to the BOE, it was clear that he wanted to only pull up athletes that can contribute on the field Day 1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the LIC predictions begin.....

Three relatively close games with the winners being MC, GC, and MS and one blowout

The only close game will be GC-ESM. The Nassau D champ is 4-8 on the season

don't overlook Pequa they can play, but will probably need to face guard the best player in the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three relatively close games with the winners being MC, GC, and MS and one blowout

don't overlook Pequa they can play, but will probably need to face guard the best player in the country

Baaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaa

Don't take the daddy bait. Someone want's us to talk about a pequa kid... yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two best games as far as being competitive are ESM/GC and MS/Wan.
Maybe Mass can keep it close and CP is wishing it was Field Hockey.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC downs ESM 12-6. ESM shut out in 2nd half. ESM defense was picked apart in the 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC downs ESM 12-6. ESM shut out in 2nd half. ESM defense was picked apart in the 2nd half.

Wow, how does dopey Thorn blow that game? Absolutel terrible coaching! And what was she even thinking putting an 8th grader in goal?? Terrible [/quote]"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain how the all tournament awards are given in the playoff games? I understand that coaches choose all division, all conference, all county after being awarded a certain number to fill, but who chooses the all tournament awards.....your own coach, opposing coaches, officials or section reps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, how does dopey Thorn blow that game? Absolutel terrible coaching! And what was she even thinking putting an 8th grader in goal?? Terrible
"
[/quote]
You guys questioned the 50% playing rule that your crazy BOE has instituted. Maybe she needed to get the 8th graders in a few more minutes to get that full 50% for the season. Nice of you to point it out here on BOTC, this way the coach could make the correction.....lol.... just kidding.

But that kid is pretty good. (didn't see the game so I don't know how she did in the game).... But I do agree that, that was a big time pressure moment for an 8th grader in net. Depending on if she started or went in later in the game would determine the quality of the coached decision... also was there an injury to the other goalie? I hope it doesn't hurt her mentally down the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does each team coach choose who gets all division and all county for their team? Or do all the coaches vote on this collectively?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, how does dopey Thorn blow that game? Absolutel terrible coaching! And what was she even thinking putting an 8th grader in goal?? Terrible
"

You guys questioned the 50% playing rule that your crazy BOE has instituted. Maybe she needed to get the 8th graders in a few more minutes to get that full 50% for the season. Nice of you to point it out here on BOTC, this way the coach could make the correction.....lol.... just kidding.

But that kid is pretty good. (didn't see the game so I don't know how she did in the game).... But I do agree that, that was a big time pressure moment for an 8th grader in net. Depending on if she started or went in later in the game would determine the quality of the coached decision... also was there an injury to the other goalie? I hope it doesn't hurt her mentally down the line. [/quote]

Nothing wrong with the other goalie except lack of help from her defense. Coach should have never pulled her. It was 11-6 with 5 minutes left. 8th grader faced one shot and it went in. Senior going to USC picked the wrong day to play her worst game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"

But that kid is pretty good. (didn't see the game so I don't know how she did in the game).... But I do agree that, that was a big time pressure moment for an 8th grader in net. Depending on if she started or went in later in the game would determine the quality of the coached decision... also was there an injury to the other goalie? I hope it doesn't hurt her mentally down the line.

Nothing wrong with the other goalie except lack of help from her defense. Coach should have never pulled her. It was 11-6 with 5 minutes left. 8th grader faced one shot and it went in. Senior going to USC picked the wrong day to play her worst game. [/quote]

"

Nothing wrong with the other goalie except lack of help from her defense. Coach should have never pulled her. It was 11-6 with 5 minutes left. 8th grader faced one shot and it went in. Senior going to USC picked the wrong day to play her worst game. [/quote]

At that point it may have not been an issue with the starting goalie as much as it may have been a "let's get the future goalie some time in a big game so she knows what it feels like". Since they were down in what was probably a insurmountable number of goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"

Nothing wrong with the other goalie except lack of help from her defense. Coach should have never pulled her. It was 11-6 with 5 minutes left. 8th grader faced one shot and it went in. Senior going to USC picked the wrong day to play her worst game.

"

At that point it may have not been an issue with the starting goalie as much as it may have been a "let's get the future goalie some time in a big game so she knows what it feels like". Since they were down in what was probably a insurmountable number of goals.
[/quote]

The coach had plenty of talent, no plan. Should be fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch, threw the defense under the bus, then threw the coach under the bus, then threw the coach under the bus, then threw the senior under the bus! Too bad your daughter has to play with all these people dragging her down, she could otherwise be the champion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Mattituck on winning the LIC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who? What division? Congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does each team coach choose who gets all division and all county for their team? Or do all the coaches vote on this collectively?

Opposing coaches select All County, but your own coach chooses as many All conferences as he/she wants. Your own coach is the only one that can nominate All American, what sucks is there's no way to check if he/she submitted anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dominated all competition outscoring opponents 30-7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Opposing coaches select All County, but your own coach chooses as many All conferences as he/she wants. Your own coach is the only one that can nominate All American, what sucks is there's no way to check if he/she submitted anyone

Thanks for your completely uninformed , completely wrong answer to someone's question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]GC downs ESM 12-6. ESM shut out in 2nd half. ESM defense was picked apart in the 2nd half.

"

Really. When are you people gonna realize? Just because your a good player doesn't make you a good coach. Standing there with your arms crossed, not coaching while you team takes a beating. No ability to make an adjustment. Same look on her in the summer when her YJ team gets beat down. Only thing missing yesterday was her no lax credential assistant SG. Or maybe he was there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha WRONG. When you have someone who can't coach at the helm, you lose again and again and all summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the LI Champs from yesterday as well as to the runner ups for winning their respective county championships. I watched all four games and the rain basically held off. GC and Mount Sinai are the two best teams by far and should be favorites to win the states.

GC was down 5-2 at one point and and outscored ESM 10 to 1 from that point. A well coached team and held ESM scoreless in the second half. They really do not have a super star like years past but they have tremendous depth and most if not all girls on the team have skill

Mount Sinai is strong and very well coached. It was close for the first 20 minutes but Mount Sinai took advantage of every mistake Wantagh made. Wantagh had no answer for the backer D and made no adjustments. I do not know how good Vestal from section 4 is but yesterdays LI game may have been the real state championship.

MC hung on to beat Massapequa in an entertaining game. Massapequa never gave up but Ortega was involved in 7 out of 10 goals. I can see them getting by North Rockland but if they make it to the final it could be Pittsford or last years champs CBA. I actually think the A's are weaker than the B's & C's on LI. MC could be in trouble next year with Ortega moving on after a tremendous career

Mattituck beating Carle Place was not a revelation. CP had a losing record and was very weak. Unfortunately for Mattituck they face a strong Bronxville team and if they win may get another strong team in Skaneateles.

I can see two state titles for LI girls this year. This is just my opinion and not looking for any arguments just thought I would share my thoughts on yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches choose. They will tell you it is voted on so parents don't blame them. It always comes down to politics in this sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will you lax lemmings realize that the YJs are overrated and their coaches and players are a lot of smoke and mirrors with people like the Raff tooting their horns without any objectivity.
In the end, the cream will always rise to the top despite the fake PR.

Good luck MC, MS and GC ... bring it home for LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong.

Then can you explain how girls are selected? Not sure why there is no transparency....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"
[/quote]

You can only blow a game when you are expected to win. ESM got blown out by a much better team, as expected. Nothing for the coach to possibly do in that situation. Don't let the success of playing in an empty Suffolk B division cloud your judgement or expectations for this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"

You can only blow a game when you are expected to win. ESM got blown out by a much better team, as expected. Nothing for the coach to possibly do in that situation. Don't let the success of playing in an empty Suffolk B division cloud your judgement or expectations for this team.[/quote]
ESM is a great team with great players. If asked, those girls would rather play competitive teams all season long. It's unfair to them not to be challenged all season and then be put in a situation to play against a team who has been challenged all season. ESM was winning by 3 against such a great team. If you are that great you don't let a sub par team do that to you. So get over yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck coach gets it done ! a good leader and a great coach ! its to bad he didn't stick around close to his home , that town would be going to the states about now !

Mattituck beating Carle Place was not a revelation. CP had a losing record and was very weak. Unfortunately for Mattituck they face a strong Bronxville team and if they win may get another strong team in Skaneateles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Not
okay so enlighten the masses. How does it work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Not

That's so incorrect its comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"

You can only blow a game when you are expected to win. ESM got blown out by a much better team, as expected. Nothing for the coach to possibly do in that situation. Don't let the success of playing in an empty Suffolk B division cloud your judgement or expectations for this team.

ESM is a great team with great players. If asked, those girls would rather play competitive teams all season long. It's unfair to them not to be challenged all season and then be put in a situation to play against a team who has been challenged all season. ESM was winning by 3 against such a great team. If you are that great you don't let a sub par team do that to you. So get over yourselves. [/quote]

"Great teams with great players" don't let up 10 in a row, perhaps you should get over yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"

ESM is a great team with great players. If asked, those girls would rather play competitive teams all season long. It's unfair to them not to be challenged all season and then be put in a situation to play against a team who has been challenged all season. ESM was winning by 3 against such a great team. If you are that great you don't let a sub par team do that to you. So get over yourselves.

"Great teams with great players" don't let up 10 in a row, perhaps you should get over yourselves.
[/quote]

You read it correctly. Great team with Great players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Not

Suffolk is easy, where your team places determines how many of what award your team gets and your coach essentially picks who gets what award. All-American is a process in which any head coach nominates and puts the paper work for who from their team they feel deserves the recognition. The coaches have a meeting and narrow it down from there ,in the past there was a selection committee but I believe that is no longer the case and eventually comes down to a vote among the coaches.All-tournament team is again based on how far your team goes and your coach picks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"
[/quote]

Just watched the game on msg varsity. Maybe if ESM shot at goal instead of GC defenders heads they would have had a better shot of winning. I don't think I've seen 3 dangerous shots in a whole a season let alone one game. Bottom line it seemed to me GC is a good team and ESM have good individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct

Not

Suffolk is easy, where your team places determines how many of what award your team gets and your coach essentially picks who gets what award. All-American is a process in which any head coach nominates and puts the paper work for who from their team they feel deserves the recognition. The coaches have a meeting and narrow it down from there ,in the past there was a selection committee but I believe that is no longer the case and eventually comes down to a vote among the coaches.All-tournament team is again based on how far your team goes and your coach picks.

Pretty accurate .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a down year with only a handful of exceptional players in Nassau (assume Suffolk is the same) that are obvious All-American choices? Lots of good kids but not many exceptional kids. Even some of the high profile players had somewhat sub par years. Lets hope politics do not play too big of a role and that they acknowledge the kids that are most deserving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a down year with only a handful of exceptional players in Nassau (assume Suffolk is the same) that are obvious All-American choices? Lots of good kids but not many exceptional kids. Even some of the high profile players had somewhat sub par years. Lets hope politics do not play too big of a role and that they acknowledge the kids that are most deserving.

When the chosen players have down years, then politics takes over. Most all americans are kind of decided early because of their history so its expected. But when they have a down year they should be passed over. Lets see

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 214 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard