BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
North of the Border Box Lacrosse - Session Opens November 17th, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
North of the Border Box Lacrosse - November 2012

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: North of the Border Box Lacrosse - Session Opens November 17th, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Cage - Have you heard from North of the Border, about box lacrosse tomorrow? Their website doesn't say anything, but Skate Safe America's website says they're planning to resume normal operations on Sunday. Just trying to confirm.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello Cage - Have you heard from North of the Border, about box lacrosse tomorrow? Their website doesn't say anything, but Skate Safe America's website says they're planning to resume normal operations on Sunday. Just trying to confirm.
Based on the information available to us at this time, the current North of the Border sessions will be on schedule for this Saturday. Note that your question is for "Session I" participants as opposed to this thread for "Session II" starting on November 17th, but your question is still welcomed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Based on the information available to us at this time, the current North of the Border sessions will be on schedule for this Saturday. Note that your question is for "Session I" participants as opposed to this thread for "Session II" starting on November 17th, but your question is still welcomed.

Oh yeah. I didn't realize I was in the Sesson II thread. Thanks!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, i registered my son a week or so ago and sent in my check.
Are there going to be confirmations sent out, or should we just show up on Saturday the 17th?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Are there going to be confirmations sent out, or should we just show up on Saturday the 17th?
BOTC was on-site at Skate Safe today to see the final week of Session I. The training patterns run by Mike Taylor and the training team were solid.

If you have submitted your check/registration, by all means show up next Saturday. In speaking with Phil Polo today, there are always some late additions so that even if there was a mix-up in your paperwork, you will still be able to get in on the action.

Thanks for writing about the North of the Border program - you will not be disappointed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do know that the directors were without power until within the last day or so. I would suggest sending out an email to the directors....

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Last Call : Session II for the North of the Border Box Lacrosse program will begin this Saturday, November 17th at Skate Safe in Old Bethpage. While walk-ups will be taken, please contact the program this week to register in advance to ease congestion at the facility!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering who was able to catch some of the lacrosse games held at Farmingdale over the past weekend? The HIlls Academy from Ontario came down with a team coached by Brody Merrill. I must say, I've never seen lacrosse played that way. This team must have beaten both the Chaminade and SWR teams by double digit goals. It seemed like a layup drill. In one game Hill Academy had I think two shots from outside. Every other shot was taken pretty much on the crease. Superb passing, cutting, and reading the defense.

Coaches from UNC,UMASS, Ohio State, and Rutgers were in attendance. They could only shake their heads at the display of lacrosse by the Hills Academy. Their stick skills, lax IQ, and overall athletic ability were far superior to the local boys. Please do understand I am not at all knocking those high school teams. I can only hope my son could play for a Chaminade in the future. It just confirms my decision to have my son focus on box lacrosse outside the traditional spring/summer lax season.

LaxDad#14
#willnotfollowtheheard...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Hill Academy absolutely destroyed the teams they played this weekend.

Hill 14 - Ward Melville 1
Hill 13 - Haverford 2
Hill 15 - Chaminade 1
Hill 21 - Shoreham Wading River 1
Hill ???? - Duxbury 0 (this was a total blowout, worse than the above)

Not sure if they play box at The Hill, but I have to imagine they probably have a lot of indoor winter practice in the box style.

In any event, I hope these teams were missing guys and/or out of practice (because this is off-season for them). Otherwise, The Hill is the best high school/prep team in the world right now.

Last edited by LAXadaysickal; . Reason: typo
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe it had to do with the football playoff's..... But I think all but two were Canadians.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
#willnotfollowtheherd#(typo)

Just wondering who was able to catch some of the lacrosse games held at Farmingdale over the past weekend? The HIlls Academy from Ontario came down with a team coached by Brody Merrill. I must say, I've never seen lacrosse played that way. This team must have beaten both the Chaminade and SWR teams by double digit goals. It seemed like a layup drill. In one game Hill Academy had I think two shots from outside. Every other shot was taken pretty much on the crease. Superb passing, cutting, and reading the defense.

Coaches from UNC,UMASS, Ohio State, and Rutgers were in attendance. They could only shake their heads at the display of lacrosse by the Hills Academy. Their stick skills, lax IQ, and overall athletic ability were far superior to the local boys. Please do understand I am not at all knocking those high school teams. I can only hope my son could play for a Chaminade in the future. It just confirms my decision to have my son focus on box lacrosse outside the traditional spring/summer lax season.

LaxDad#14
#willnotfollowtheheard...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any way to pay per session? Have a HS junior who would like to attend some session as schedule allow? If not, will you be running another session after this one ends?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any way to pay per session? Have a HS junior who would like to attend some session as schedule allow? If not, will you be running another session after this one ends?
You can contact Phil Polo per the advertising flyer at the start of this thread or you can attend this upcoming Saturday's session and speak with Phil and Mike directly.

If space allows (and the session is running), BOTC is sure that they will do their very best to accomodate your schedule. Note that the older age group training might have been cancelled for Session II (details are on their web site); so again, you are advised to contact Phil for the latest details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
north of the border your website is not functioning properly on your home page.
Any info on Jaunary session?

Link Copied to Clipboard