BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh Brother.....Are you really that caught up in this stuff. Nobody cares....The clubs make money, the kids play lax and everyone is happy. Should we have BCS championship brackets set up. Please let us all beath a little before we have to read this nonsense already !!!

Isnt everyone always comparing teams and who is better. This is an easy way to prove it. Nothing more nothing less. You are out of control. This is what forums are for discussion, hence forum. Its suggested format for a tournament. Thats all. so why put up banners and pla tournaments and have winners and losers. I guess your of the everyone gets a medal and a pat on the [lacrosse] mentality. Keep your kid in house league. Makes it so much easier.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you were the best at what ?????? ....silence...Thats what I thought.

Read the above reply to the other person. Sorry i dont live on here and couldnt respond to your post in a split second. No silence here I am far from silent. This is a forum on a computer and not a live discusion so yes there will be silence until I can respond.

Best at an age group. Come on wake up. People always compare teams and programs. If you dont play each other how do you know whos better? If you show up and win your better. Dont show up you cant make claims of this or that. Why do all the LI teams dodge each other? This isnt for the younger teams its for the 2018-2014. Discussion is encouraged. I just put out a suggestion and you take it as I ripped up the constitution. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read the above reply to the other person. Sorry i dont live on here and couldnt respond to your post in a split second. No silence here I am far from silent. This is a forum on a computer and not a live discusion so yes there will be silence until I can respond.

Best at an age group. Come on wake up. People always compare teams and programs. If you dont play each other how do you know whos better? If you show up and win your better. Dont show up you cant make claims of this or that. Why do all the LI teams dodge each other? This isnt for the younger teams its for the 2018-2014. Discussion is encouraged. I just put out a suggestion and you take it as I ripped up the constitution. Alex M

good idea. and your response to the naysayers is right on .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good idea. and your response to the naysayers is right on .

did someone at dune dawgs throw out a challenge to all 2019 teams to do this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhh sounds like he is coming up with a solution to an issue/topic. Do you ever read what is always said on this board that this program is better than that one. Just play is what it sounds like he is suggesting. His words are much more appreciated on the forum than your negativity. See a problem try and solve it. Dont be so negative.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is your reply to his logical solution to shut so many people up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont think you can compare it to wrestling. You can be a state Champion and wrestle nobody. LMAO and you know what I mean .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont think you can compare it to wrestling. You can be a state Champion and wrestle nobody. LMAO and you know what I mean .
Yes in the younger age groups it does happen but as you get into the older divisions you travel outside of NY to try and wrestle better competition it doesn'tT. alking about Iowa, Ohio, PA. They are the wrestling hot beds we are the lacrosse hot bed. The only thing like wrestling would be the seeding based on any head to head or caliber of record. This is just a suggestion. This isn't for the younger age group but 7-12th grade lax clubs that are always claiming who's the best. It's just a way to shut everyone up. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really cares who's the best. Where does your kid play ALex M?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is making a suggestion for a solution for what everyone is always talking about. Dont you read the forum. This team is better than that team etc.. It has always been a hot topic here. Thats it. Who cares where his kid plays. At least he signs his posts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am making a suggestion. Dont you see all the bashing and hating on the forum about everyones teams and whos better.I am not calling anyone out so I dont feel it necessary to post where my child plays. If I were bashing other teams or making claims of who is better than I would feel it necessary to post where my kid plays. It again is an attempt to quell the constant claims of who is better. It seems like you dont like my modest proposal. It was with a swift stroke of the keyboard that I put this proposal together. Thats fine. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine and thats what forums are for. I apologize for broaching on such a sensative subject. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this correct if one team happens to beat the other at one particular event that makes them "the best". Who cares its about KIDS playing and learning and developing skills. These teams could all go out and play each other and win and loose on any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this correct if one team happens to beat the other at one particular event that makes them "the best". Who cares its about KIDS playing and learning and developing skills. These teams could all go out and play each other and win and loose on any given day.

It's a TOURNAMENT! Emphasizing on Long Island and NY teams. Let's call it the LI Cup. If you don't want to play that's fine. It's a suggestion for a format. Why do they have champions at the end of tournaments? LI teams always dodge each other. It's not a death match just a freaking tournament. I won't ask who your child plays for but do they play on a travel team. If yes why? Do you accept the shirt or award they give at the end or give it back if your team wins a tournament. Why do they keep score? All games could end in a tie and everyone get medals. This isn't developmental. We are talking about the lacrosse hot bed of the country that has the most competitive club team field in the country. That's why I am SUGGESTING this type of tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a TOURNAMENT! Emphasizing on Long Island and NY teams. Let's call it the LI Cup. If you don't want to play that's fine. It's a suggestion for a format. Why do they have champions at the end of tournaments? LI teams always dodge each other. It's not a death match just a freaking tournament. I won't ask who your child plays for but do they play on a travel team. If yes why? Do you accept the shirt or award they give at the end or give it back if your team wins a tournament. Why do they keep score? All games could end in a tie and everyone get medals. This isn't developmental. We are talking about the lacrosse hot bed of the country that has the most competitive club team field in the country. That's why I am SUGGESTING this type of tournament.

read this again now hear ever so faintly in the background:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword: His truth is marching on.
(Chorus) Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword: His truth is marching on.

Ahhh a literary genious. Now thats good. Howe in the world did you figure that one out. Hope you get it for i believe you also picked up on my reference to Swift in my previous reply. This is fun. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh a literary genious. Now thats good. Howe in the world did you figure that one out. Hope you get it for i believe you also picked up on my reference to Swift in my previous reply. This is fun. Alex M

I am all for a tournament. As long as at the end of it, we all get a breif moment to lick our wounds and/or pound our chest then go about letting the boys become closer (regardless of teams).

I believe Dune Dawgs threw it out to the 2019 teams a few weeks back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please see if there is enough interest from the 45 club teams that are listed to run such a tournament. And afterwards we can put all our differences aside and have a big BBQ.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Forsberg has an A bracket. We can limit to 8 teams. Outlaws would be in , I believe Express would do. Now lets have 91 Team LI fl$ any one else that has A teams contact me to Discuss. We would make A bracket 2 Day. Play 3 games sat then have Championship bracket on sun. PB Li Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good. At least let's try to keep all the teams together for one tournament on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is all money collected from this tournament donated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there's the issue, Money, who benefits why can't it be a cost run event. The profit is in the kids benefit not someone's pocket.

Get volunteers, yes volunteers from the big organizations teams to line and take care of fields. I am quite sure new dads would be more than eager to show they will pitch in. It may also help getting to know the parents on the oher teams. Do it at one of the state county parks. Eisenhower or Heckshire. (Does bethpage do games)

Get the vendors to pay a non refundable "site fee" to offset the refs and shirts and any permits. If the teams come they will be surrounded by customers. Maybe a nominal fee for teams of $500.

The question is what weekend. An event this big starts on a Friday night and ends late Sunday. But at least. Travel is limited and you can sleep in your own home.

With many of the schedules pretty much set when would it work. Lax fest is flooded by 91. Express will try and pull off their games. Forsbergh or jdrf start the season as great benefits but IMHO you wouldnt want it to begin the season, you want the boys to have played a few games before then and I am sure you would want at least one more tournament after it.

But the key is the seeding. Who plays whom? You still want to make the games fair and you want competitive games. You do not want express A or 91 A playing a C team to start. You meet and pair off the first games and do a tournament where the winners meet winners losers meet losers. With some idea (pyramid) which would resemble the top teams meeting each other.

Any excess cash funds the following years event...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there's the issue, Money, who benefits why can't it be a cost run event. The profit is in the kids benefit not someone's pocket.

Get volunteers, yes volunteers from the big organizations teams to line and take care of fields. I am quite sure new dads would be more than eager to show they will pitch in. It may also help getting to know the parents on the oher teams. Do it at one of the state county parks. Eisenhower or Heckshire. (Does bethpage do games)

Get the vendors to pay a non refundable "site fee" to offset the refs and shirts and any permits. If the teams come they will be surrounded by customers. Maybe a nominal fee for teams of $500.

The question is what weekend. An event this big starts on a Friday night and ends late Sunday. But at least. Travel is limited and you can sleep in your own home.

With many of the schedules pretty much set when would it work. Lax fest is flooded by 91. Express will try and pull off their games. Forsberg or jdrf start the season as great benefits but IMHO you wouldnt want it to begin the season, you want the boys to have played a few games before then and I am sure you would want at least one more tournament after it.

But the key is the seeding. Who plays whom? You still want to make the games fair and you want competitive games. You do not want express A or 91 A playing a C team to start. You meet and pair off the first games and do a tournament where the winners meet winners losers meet losers. With some idea (pyramid) which would resemble the top teams meeting each other.

Any excess cash funds the following years event...

Your talking about logistics and specifics to a tournament that has not even been planned yet. I threw out the guantlet.. I suggested this tournament as a way for LI teams to play each other. If someone wants to do it. Let them run it and worry about the details. Would be great to be a charitable tournament but the key here is that all the LI teams play each other. We can iron out the details as a group when we can actually get the tournament nailed down. I think the person running the Forsberg tournament put it out there that they would facilitate it. But now lets get Express, 91, fl$, Team LI etc. to commit. They can work out the details as a group if they want the input. Come on boys commit get together and forget past differences and play this tournament. Cant avoid each other forever. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see the Hofstra Tournament build a championship format and that would be the place to do it, I think it will be difficult for any team run tournament to pull it off and get everybody there. personally I don't care who gets it done as long as we could get it done, the head of parks in Nassau County is a lacrosse guy maybe the county could put it together for the first week in August, what a great way to end the summer. lets keep this chatter going

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Happy to report that there is a new metro U13 team that can start to compete with the dominanace of 91 and Express. We lost to the Express after only 3 practices 7-4 in our first outing a few weeks back. We admire what you have done, and are looking to replicate it across the bridges. You guys all played up at the Bulldog Classic this weekend (and had a really nice BBQ setup as well !! ) We won U13. Hope to see you on the fields this spring to keep our young lads playing at your level. Regards 365

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats that is great to hear. Great competitive games is what we all want!!!Have a great season!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember this is fall lacrosse not every player is playing every tournament. So some teams are not at full strength until summer. So as far as all these "bragging rights" about winning we are not all playing yet.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Team long Island and Express Terps played today at the Hub in Syosset, good competition and great to see the boys back on the field after what has been a long month for a lot of the families. And the facility is awesome. Great to have a place this nice in the middle of Nassau County

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was nice to play a game and we didn't have to pay a toll to play another LI team !!!Both teams look good. Terps took this one today.Anybody have any updates from this weekends other games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches the Team LI U13? also how many teams do they have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is the better team for Team Long Island blue, gold or white?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Terps went to Philly and played the Dukes and Tristate Black. Beat the Dukes 15 to 4 and Tristate 20 to 2.Any other teams played this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any reason the express ran the score up 20-2?

JB
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when are they going to play 91 orange

Like Reply Quote
N
NotFromLI
Unregistered
NotFromLI
Unregistered
N
Most class of 2018 are US Lacrosse U-13 elgible this season
Born After August 31, 1999

Looking for some help, how does an association treat an "older" member of the class of 2018 during spring '13 season??

We have 1-2 boys in this grouping at each grade. The vast majority of the roster is age appropriate for their grade. One of the boys is a late August birthday and misses the cutoff by a few days.

Notably, if they intend to attend tournaments playing by US Lacrosse rules, I assume the options are:
1-Player is placed on the 2017 team
2-The team plays in the U-15 division
3-Association get clearance from tournament director but technically is "playing down"

This has become a hot topic in my area (not a typical Lax hotbed) looking for some advice

Thanks-
Midwest Lax Dad

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This topic will stir up many interesting discussions. Please consider joining BOTC as a registered user - this topic is worthy of its own subject on the main message forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NotFromLI

Looking for some help, how does an association treat an "older" member of the class of 2018 during spring '13 season??

We have 1-2 boys in this grouping at each grade. The vast majority of the roster is age appropriate for their grade. One of the boys is a late August birthday and misses the cutoff by a few days.

Notably, if they intend to attend tournaments playing by US Lacrosse rules, I assume the options are:
3-Association get clearance from tournament director but technically is "playing down"

This has become a hot topic in my area (not a typical Lax hotbed) looking for some advice

Thanks-
Midwest Lax Dad

This is a hot topic everywhere.

As I believe the rules state, if it is a US Lacrosse sactioned event the Tournament directors should not have a baring on the rule. It is inflexable and a hard date is made for a reason. Insurances can be null and void if allowed. Yes, it is unfortunate, but where do you draw the line then, there will always be older and younger.

If it is not a US lacrosse sactioned event:
The team must have seperate insurance outside of US lacrosse. He can play grade based or He can also play if U13 and granted permission (seems reasonable enough).

The issue is liability and insurance, who wants to get caught with their hand in the perverbial cookie jar. because how many tournaments really asked for the waiver or better yet ck the info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks-
Midwest Lax Dad

As I believe the rules state, if it is a US Lacrosse sactioned event the Tournament directors should not have a baring on the rule. It is inflexable and a hard date is made for a reason. Insurances can be null and void if allowed. Yes, it is unfortunate, but where do you draw the line then, there will always be older and younger.

The team must have seperate insurance outside of US lacrosse. He can play grade based or He can also play if U13 and granted permission (seems reasonable enough).

The issue is liability and insurance, who wants to get caught with their hand in the perverbial cookie jar. because how many tournaments really asked for the waiver or better yet ck the info.

The only way to change the culture is for the tournament directors to stop making the tournaments for the travel circuit based on class year. That is fine for town brackets. If they just adopted the US lacrosse guidlines and followed the U-17,16,15,14 etc. every kid would be in the right AGE bracket, the same way baseball, football, basketball, soccer etc. do it! Why is this so hard to figure out. when you get to the High School level the better kids can play U-17 and play up if they want to be seen by the colleges earlier..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks-
Midwest Lax Dad

The only way to change the culture is for the tournament directors to stop making the tournaments for the travel circuit based on class year. That is fine for town brackets. If they just adopted the US lacrosse guidlines and followed the U-17,16,15,14 etc. every kid would be in the right AGE bracket, the same way baseball, football, basketball, soccer etc. do it! Why is this so hard to figure out. when you get to the High School level the better kids can play U-17 and play up if they want to be seen by the colleges earlier..

There will always be a date to meet. If you are Midwest than what is your date for Football and do you blend grades or is it one year at a time.

I am all for the class year. Why force a child to play on a team without his friends (rememebr you also have to think of the boys that do NOT play on these elite teams). For youth lacrosse why have a 2 year gap as US larosse does. Why not do a grade based or one year brackets. I can understand in non hotbeds the 2 year gap may have once helped the numbers fielding a team. but has that time come and gone.

When you get into MS or HS of course a mixed grade is acceptable, they will play that way from then on it as it is. And the question is never playing up it is playing down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when are they going to play 91 orange

I guess when they attend the same tournament? Probably TriState. Fall ball is over and don't think they play the same winter schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks-
Midwest Lax Dad

Its amazing it does not seem so complicated and that was the way the tournaments were set up in years past.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard