BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 75 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad enough I had to watch BC turn into a bunch of Italian league soccer players in the 2nd half, but NAVY was outright cheated at the end of the game on the play where a girl dropped a pass, NAVY ran over and picked it up and then they give it to BC. BS phantoms call, can't wait for this explanation.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the refs decided the final of the BC/Navy game. Navy had possession, refs turn it right over to BC. I can't stand watching women's lacrosse. If one more BC girl faked and flopped uggghhhh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No--you decide..they just gave you THAT privilege...

And look at the high road you've chosen. Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no horse in the race, so I'm totally unbiased. With that said, the navy player off the ball obstructed the BC player and that was the foul. Clear and simple. Go back and watch the play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted Navy to win , But the refs didn't decide the game. Navy had a 3 goal lead at the half and let BC score 6 straight to start the 2nd half, thats what lost the game for Navy. Though I will say that was t terrible call on the ref and what I mean by refs should be held accountable, she should not be allowed to ref another game of this magnitude. They need to go to a point system where the refs get rated, something needs to be done

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the ball is on the ground a player is allowed to block/obstruct an opposing player from getting to the ball with the body, it's called boxing out and completely legal, the ref was wrong and a bad call.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Watching the D3 semi-finals which is being streamed on NCAA website. Washington & Lee vs College of NJ (formerly Trenton State, the host and runner-up of the first D1 championship). Simply awful. If ever was a need for a shot clock (which D3 gets next year) this is it. It's like watching paint dry. I've watched enough D3 this year to identify teams that will do well with the shot clock. It's not these two teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
When the ball is on the ground a player is allowed to block/obstruct an opposing player from getting to the ball with the body, it's called boxing out and completely legal, the ref was wrong and a bad call.

Here's the rule, in its entirety:

q. Detaining: Detaining an opponent at any time by holding or pushing against her body, clothing or crosse with an arm, leg, body or crosse. A player may not hold her crosse in such a manner as to restrain or hold back a player.

You have the wrong sport for "boxing out". That's basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

q. Detaining: Detaining an opponent at any time by holding or pushing against her body, clothing or crosse with an arm, leg, body or crosse. A player may not hold her crosse in such a manner as to restrain or hold back a player.

Wanted to see Navy win, but the correct call was made. The girl who was "boxing out" as you said was making no play for the ball. Tough way to lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see the play in question, but there is a difference between "pushing against her body" and just getting in the way. I'm sure you've seen a ball rolling out of bounds and a girl from the team who will get possession blocking a girl from the team it is going out on from getting it. Was there a foul called then? "Boxing out" is allowed if you don't initiate the contact and "push back."

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I didn't see the play in question, but there is a difference between "pushing against her body" and just getting in the way. I'm sure you've seen a ball rolling out of bounds and a girl from the team who will get possession blocking a girl from the team it is going out on from getting it. Was there a foul called then? "Boxing out" is allowed if you don't initiate the contact and "push back."

I understand your situation and they (officials) have let that go but could call it if they wanted to. The Navy player was off the ball when she interfered with the BC player. It was the correct call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The correct call was made in the BC Navy game. This is as bad as sitting on the sideline with all the screaming idiots who don't know the rules.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
The correct call was made in the BC Navy game. This is as bad as sitting on the sideline with all the screaming idiots who don't know the rules.

Outside of parent bad language is ignorance of the rules.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
A very entertaining game at Gillette today. Congratulations to Maryland and Boston College. Maryland 5-0 run to open second half was the difference but Boston College did not give up. Kent for BC is a monster of a player with lacrosse her "part time" sport as long as her hockey squads are successful. What a player with a great story.

Maryland has so much talent. Doesn't seem fair but they keep winning they will keep recruiting!

The women game needs all divisions playing the Final Fours in the same location, like the men. There is enough time to play all the games (men and women) at the same location. It would be great for the game. D2 in Bloomsburg PA and D3 in Salem VA is a travesty.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A very entertaining game at Gillette today. Congratulations to Maryland and Boston College. Maryland 5-0 run to open second half was the difference but Boston College did not give up. Kent for BC is a monster of a player with lacrosse her "part time" sport as long as her hockey squads are successful. What a player with a great story.

Maryland has so much talent. Doesn't seem fair but they keep winning they will keep recruiting!

The women game needs all divisions playing the Final Fours in the same location, like the men. There is enough time to play all the games (men and women) at the same location. It would be great for the game. D2 in Bloomsburg PA and D3 in Salem VA is a travesty.

All finals in the same location would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule states holding and pushing not getting in a players path to the ball, it happens all the time on draws and balls going out of bounds and never gets called. Unless the offending player actually restrained the other player the call should not have happened and that was the case, the Navy player got in the BC players way that is not detaining, she did not push os hold the player back with her stick.

How about the terrible call today with MD, player drops the ball and falls to the floor with absolutely no contact at all, turns the ball over but is rewarded the ball anyway, complete momentum shift to MD on a bad call. If there was a turning point , that was it, and attributed to a bad ref call, something needs to be done, add 2 refs, every game has video, let the table ref watch the feed so maybe he can overturn such bad calls that happen every game. It's no longer the rules or the players hurting the game it's the refs and the NCAA for there win-action to correct a gleaming problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was BC goalie pulled?? Like it was her fault the team had no defense! Give me a break coaches! And why were there only 30 people watching....the bigger question!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule states holding and pushing not getting in a players path to the ball, it happens all the time on draws and balls going out of bounds and never gets called. Unless the offending player actually restrained the other player the call should not have happened and that was the case, the Navy player got in the BC players way that is not detaining, she did not push os hold the player back with her stick.

How about the terrible call today with MD, player drops the ball and falls to the floor with absolutely no contact at all, turns the ball over but is rewarded the ball anyway, complete momentum shift to MD on a bad call. If there was a turning point , that was it, and attributed to a bad ref call, something needs to be done, add 2 refs, every game has video, let the table ref watch the feed so maybe he can overturn such bad calls that happen every game. It's no longer the rules or the players hurting the game it's the refs and the NCAA for there win-action to correct a gleaming problem.

Karma...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was BC goalie pulled?? Like it was her fault the team had no defense! Give me a break coaches! And why were there only 30 people watching....the bigger question!

Record attendance today. 11668 people. What game were you watching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

... and goalie was not "pulled' They split every game this season. You're 0 of 2 but keep trying to make trouble where there is none

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote]

5 goals in 4 minutes, that's why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

... and goalie was not "pulled' They split every game this season. You're 0 of 2 but keep trying to make trouble where there is none

Actually, she was pulled. Second half goalie went in as scheduled, gave up a bunch of quick goals and was pulled - starter went back in. Guess you're 0 for 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again bad for the sport with the same team winning another year. Five teams winning over almost 30 years shows lack of big time team depth. Lots of good teams but only a few great ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree they need to add more refs in lacrosse but the bad calls in women's lacrosse is out of control. The refs can cause possession turnovers at will and change the direction of the game. Adding more refs could make it even worse though unless they had specific duties like football has umpires, judges and linesman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again bad for the sport with the same team winning another year. Five teams winning over almost 30 years shows lack of big time team depth. Lots of good teams but only a few great ones

So what....I don't get the problem...NBA basketball, NFL football, College mens basketball, college football, have only 2-3 teams that win every year. Nature of sports. The negativity around womens lacrosse, mostly by men, is confounding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what....I don't get the problem...NBA basketball, NFL football, College mens basketball, college football, have only 2-3 teams that win every year. Nature of sports. The negativity around womens lacrosse, mostly by men, is confounding.

might want to check the stats many more teams in the mix in all those other sports. I hope the delay in recruiting helps level the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

might want to check the stats many more teams in the mix in all those other sports. I hope the delay in recruiting helps level the field

The early recruiting is only a recent problem and the results of it haven't even hit the field yet. This years 2016's freshman were barely early in the recruiting process. Subsequent years, 2017,2018, 2019, and 2020 it got progressively worse. So the effect of early recruiting has nothing to do with Marylands dominance the last 30 years. It will be interesting to see all the hits and misses on these kids. I have already seen a fair number of the earlies flare out before the end of high school. If anything, the crapshoot of early recruits could help level the playing field, because early recruiting is like a box of chocolates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So.... I'm watching the mens final....Md takes a shot that goes off the crossbar and hits ricochets onto the goal line.... the announcers start chirping about how the MD staff is complaining to the bench ref because they are watching the feed on an I-Pad, and they were able to rewind the play seconds after the shot was taken, why is a single team able to have that tech, but not the NCAA as a whole? Why can't the bench ref have that ability in every game because they all have video feeds today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only advantage to delaying early recruiting is so the rest of us don't have to hear the parents of the recruit flapping their pie holes for 4 years on the varsity sideline. Geesh they make it hard to root for their kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other schools will emerge. It's going to take a little time (less than 10 years IMO).

Not sure what the fascination is with U of Maryland quite honestly as a school.

Perhaps their model that offers the Maryland kids a path to cheap education - at the state tuition price point - allows them to stockpile depth.

That's my only guess..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only advantage to delaying early recruiting is so the rest of us don't have to hear the parents of the recruit flapping their pie holes for 4 years on the varsity sideline. Geesh they make it hard to root for their kids

There are plenty of parents with committed daughters that don't say a thing to anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all act that way, but you are right, for the ones that do it is annoying. All the sudden mom, dad and every sibling has U State sweatshirts, hats, water bottles. Then all the cars get covered in bumper stickers. The parents want to talk about every game UState plays except no one else watched it or cares, as if the player had anything to contribute anyway. So yes there are some over the top families that are just funny to watch carry on with a commit, some even announcing "offers" and yes, makes it hard to root for these kids. But most handle it in a low key fashion, and you may never know that they even committed except by word of mouth or if you ask them, they are easy to root for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other schools will emerge. It's going to take a little time (less than 10 years IMO).

Not sure what the fascination is with U of Maryland quite honestly as a school.

Perhaps their model that offers the Maryland kids a path to cheap education - at the state tuition price point - allows them to stockpile depth.

That's my only guess..

Bingo! Roster probably over 80% Maryland kids paying very cheap in state tuition, this is why they will always be at or near the top in lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS says KO is the best player in college lacrosse, because she scored 7 points against Hadnagy. And because she has 164 points against awful teams. So Kenzie Kent score 10 points against her and gets 71 points in 12 games playing against way tougher competition. Think that shows that she is one of the best players in the country. Wait until this kid plays a full year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
JS says KO is the best player in college lacrosse, because she scored 7 points against Hadnagy. And because she has 164 points against awful teams. So Kenzie Kent score 10 points against her and gets 71 points in 12 games playing against way tougher competition. Think that shows that she is one of the best players in the country. Wait until this kid plays a full year.

TO is great, but KK blew me away in the final. My god, what a player!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kenzie Kent will not play a full year but it would be fun to watch if she did. She will play hockey again in her senior year at BC. Hockey is her #1 sport and she hopes to play in the Olympics. Her 71 points in 12 games is remarkable considering she does not pick up a stick all year and then jumps right into the heart of the ACC season. She had 10 point in the championship game against Hadnagy and numerous key ground balls, draw controls and caused turnovers. It was an amazing performance and she deservingly won the MVP award in a losing effort - that says it all. She makes it look easy against the best competition in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong she is probably red shirting next year in either sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong she is probably red shirting next year in either sport.

still wont play a full season in Lacrosse.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Childish language.
User
User
Congratulations to all the participants in the 2017 Final Four and National Championship games.
Gillette Stadium and the NCAA did a great job making this event spectacular.
Hopefully a lesson was learned that the Mens and Womens, D1, D2 and D3 games on Championship weekend need to be held together at the same venue. Lacrosse fans are the most passionate, supportive fans in college sports and the attendance proved just that.
Well done Gillette and the City of Boston!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Congratulations to all the participants in the 2017 Final Four and National Championship games.
Gillette Stadium and the NCAA did a great job making this event spectacular.
Hopefully a lesson was learned that the Mens and Womens, D1, D2 and D3 games on Championship weekend need to be held together at the same venue. Lacrosse fans are the most passionate, supportive fans in college sports and the attendance proved just that.
Well done Gillette and the City of Boston!

Did they release attendance numbers? Up with the new venue, or down again?

Page 64 of 75 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard