BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 111 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating scumbag cry babies! They should strip every win for the last five years, cancel next season too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cheating scumbag cry babies! They should strip every win for the last five years, cancel next season too.

be careful what you wish for.........they would all go back to publics and most of the public school kids will be sitting on the bench.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is public and would start on either team. so you be careful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You also would have a lot of open college spots since most of your commits would never happen without their chaminade helmets on
Then those kids wouldn't be able to watch from the sidelines in college like they do in high school. I hate to break it to you but most of your kids are not as great as you think they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

be careful what you wish for.........they would all go back to publics and most of the public school kids will be sitting on the bench.....

Chaminade is no better than the good public programs, they have 2-3 players that are very good, the rest are just average, sorry. You just pay more money. I think most of the parents just like to drive around with a Cham bumper sticker. My kid will be going to a better school than most of the Cham graduates, will be entering with enough AP credits to be a Sophomore, and got to play a full season of lacrosse in an actual competitive league, not the wussy Catholic league riddled with cheating holdbacks. How di that work out for you this year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade is no better than the good public programs, they have 2-3 players that are very good, the rest are just average, sorry. You just pay more money. I think most of the parents just like to drive around with a Cham bumper sticker. My kid will be going to a better school than most of the Cham graduates, will be entering with enough AP credits to be a Sophomore, and got to play a full season of lacrosse in an actual competitive league, not the wussy Catholic league riddled with cheating holdbacks. How di that work out for you this year?

HMMMMM.....BS on the school he is attending.......More BS on entering college with 30 college credits. Remember .......ONLY the facts on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HMMMMM.....BS on the school he is attending.......More BS on entering college with 30 college credits. Remember .......ONLY the facts on BOTC.

My son took two AP classes as a sophomore, and three as a Jr. and Sr., Sciences are 4 college credits. Definitely possible to have enough credits to qualify as a college sophomore. Doesn't necessarily mean the kid can graduate early, but it sure is nice not have a to take more than 12 credits in college while playing lacrosse. Also the better HS programs have multiple kids going to Ivy League and other top 20 programs, so don't think it's BS. Definitely, the Lax part is spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of them live in places with crappy public schools, with crappy lacrosse programs, hence the private education . A few live in lacrosse hot bed towns, they would have to compete for playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually very possible. LI Public School D1 Football walk on, has graduated after 2 years of college given the number AP credits he had. Picked up National Championship Ring as well. Will continue his football career as a Grad Student. So yeah, had 60+ credits went in as a Jr. How about them public schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son took two AP classes as a sophomore, and three as a Jr. and Sr., Sciences are 4 college credits. Definitely possible to have enough credits to qualify as a college sophomore. Doesn't necessarily mean the kid can graduate early, but it sure is nice not have a to take more than 12 credits in college while playing lacrosse. Also the better HS programs have multiple kids going to Ivy League and other top 20 programs, so don't think it's BS. Definitely, the Lax part is spot on.

Since you have this great idea please share the AP/College courses taken in order to provide a PSA for all others.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually very possible. LI Public School D1 Football walk on, has graduated after 2 years of college given the number AP credits he had. Picked up National Championship Ring as well. Will continue his football career as a Grad Student. So yeah, had 60+ credits went in as a Jr. How about them public schools?

So... please provide the details. Schools attended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of them live in places with crappy public schools, with crappy lacrosse programs, hence the private education . A few live in lacrosse hot bed towns, they would have to compete for playing time.

Most ????????. Where is your research obtained. Ok....I will bail you out. You have no idea what your talking about. For sure the private players would have most public players on the bench and whining to the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most ????????. Where is your research obtained. Ok....I will bail you out. You have no idea what your talking about. For sure the private players would have most public players on the bench and whining to the coaches.

Sorry buddy but facts are facts, majority of St A's players live in crappy school districts. When's the last time Amiryville or North Babylon were relevant in lacrosse? Bay shore??? Come on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you have this great idea please share the AP/College courses taken in order to provide a PSA for all others.

My son received 4/5 on the following exams granting him Sophomore status entering college. AP Bio, Chem, and Physics. AP Euro and American History, AP Calc A/B and B/C, AP Spanish, AP Computer Science. Sorry, you were not able to take advantage of the plethora of offering that public schools present. My son has taken advantage of all the great opportunities put in front of him and he is super prepared to take on the challenges at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BayShore HS has the number one UN model club in the US, a top IB program that only a handful of LI schools have! They boast a top 25 filled withivy scholarships offers and acceptances WITHOUT sports! Tell me the same about your school district! Our dual language program is a model not only for NYS but for the country! We have a groundbreaking PreK program, tell me some of the"non lacrosse" achievements in your district, HACK!! NCC is going to continue a powerhouse for left back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So BayShore HS has the number one UN model club in the US, a top IB program that only a handful of LI schools have! They boast a top 25 filled withivy scholarships offers and acceptances WITHOUT sports! Tell me the same about your school district! Our dual language program is a model not only for NYS but for the country! We have a groundbreaking PreK program, tell me some of the"non lacrosse" achievements in your district, HACK!! NCC is going to continue a powerhouse for left back!

Chaminade is smoke and mirrors. They don't win any highly competitive national competitions. A joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Shore HS sucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade is smoke and mirrors. They don't win any highly competitive national competitions. A joke

Really?? This year's Chaminade team won
...2016 National HS Lacrosse Showcase Champions. Beating all National powerhouses including Maryland's best McDonough, Calvert Hall, St Paul...etc
Look it up, Than you can shut up...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has gotten all AP scores back already? Thought they aren't released till first week of July? If he took all those prior to senior year, he must have started in 8th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has gotten all AP scores back already? Thought they aren't released till first week of July? If he took all those prior to senior year, he must have started in 8th grade?

My son that I was referring to just finished his first year of college, second son is a current Jr. and is doing the same. You are correct that the scores are sent 1st week of July. Any other questions I can help you with? Why are you so mad that public schools offer so many opportunities that privates don't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea ok..... school district that released scores already????? Nice try though. You forgot the intel finalist award and Brookhaven science award, NYS Hall award for gifted students

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea ok..... school district that released scores already????? Nice try though. You forgot the intel finalist award and Brookhaven science award, NYS Hall award for gifted students

Sad for you that you're a jealous dope. You assume a lot of things! And don't use the word Intel finalist and Chaminade in the same sentence. Those types of honors are reserved for only the best programs. I know it's hard admitting your son doesn't have the same types of opportunities as mine and you're paying a lot of money for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey moron, please never compare Bay Shore to Chaminade. Worry about being equal to PM , Sayville and Floyd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, how was that last lacrosse game for you? My senior will be playing for a county championship this week and then preparing to enter a top 20 school. So proud of him and our awesome public school program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks a PS grad and Chaminade grad of equal grades and Lax ability have the same opportunities is insane. A D1 school would take a chaminade grad over PS grad any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So... please provide the details. Schools attended

Figure it out on your own dummy! Not looking to draw attention to the kid. More interested in pointing out that it IS possible to achieve coming out of a Public. Something that cannot be done at some of the privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top academic and athletic honors are given to public school kids every year. FACT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dummy????? usually that means your argument is invalid although you came up with 1 possible student. AP courses are offered in some privates with same option to transfer. Your argument is wrong. The quote was about private school lacrosse boys going back to their public school and benching the less talented players. Have a great day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey moron, please never compare Bay Shore to Chaminade. Worry about being equal to PM , Sayville and Floyd

Sayville ? Where does that come from,? They wish they could compare themselves to Sayville, try more like Brentwood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that thinks a PS grad and Chaminade grad of equal grades and Lax ability have the same opportunities is insane. A D1 school would take a chaminade grad over PS grad any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry.

Don't see one Cham player on the field today at the Nat Championship. A bunch of LI public kids ripping it up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't see one Cham player on the field today at the Nat Championship. A bunch of LI public kids ripping it up!

Um, the Defensive player of the year is a Chaminade grad. #14 for the National Champions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really trying to compare one of the best schools on the island to one of the worst. You cant be serious.

I will say, just like Chaminade or any other Catholic school, the BSHS did not make those students they way they are. The district at one time had very strong direction and great primary school, leadership right now is suspect and unproven; Maybe too much government rules and regulations, maybe not. You bring up the Dual language program, Bay Shore primary schools did a great job years ago identifying the accelerated students and their families at an early age (2nd grade - Not the HS, HS just benefited). You stood in line to get your child a seat in the UPK program. It wasn’t a babysitting service and an effort had to be made by the families. The service wasnt available for all, it was a lottery, treated as a select program. If your child was lucky enough to get a seat they would always have a leg up. I remember they said they would always track the UPK students’ progress; i have yet to see one - guess that fell to the wayside. The students who you are identifying as the top 25 were identified well before HS. Many (not all) of them graduating now and in the past few years were the product of a "Mr Fallon" and the old board which pioneered many things for their children. Not sure you will see the likes of those again (at least another 4 years).

As far as AP, St John’s and St. Anthony’s offer those same students you mentioned as the top, the opportunities to take AP exams, would be interesting to see how the students marks match up to their neighborhood brethren.

Did any of you ever read that there is a 60/40 minority split, yes 60% minorities, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that the main language (spoken in home) at the school is not English and the %'s project to get worse over time. Yes, worse; are you kidding me. I still dont believe that one (BOE page, auditors information). The school also wants to get rid of those programs that made our children flourish, those accelerated programs. Because like in sports everyone gets a participation trophy and how dare someone try to better themselves or their children. and I didnt even get to the gangs, violence, arrests and drugs. You will say every school has them right, ill agree to a point. but you ask any defector they will say you lose the kids and families because of the Middle school culture. 8th grade graduation is a real eye opener for some. Try getting a grip on that. Although the high school is different, I can fully understand those not willing to gamble with their children's future.

Sports/activities, its simple. If you are a female great, a runner even better, if you are in music or drama it is an amazing school. Bring back the marching band! However, if you are male and play competitive sports please research your options. Is the core of the boaster club a figure-head chair who thinks they are the AD, worse thing that happen to district. Sorry, not the worst that would be the non existent AD. All in all a recipe for disaster. As far as lax, it is a, could have | should have | would have. This should have been the best year BS had in a decades. and not just Basketball. The talent had been there since youth. Bay Shore has always had some good youth programs look at its pool of talent. Never want to see anyone lose their job but it is time, its time for the Athletic Director and his side kick chair to go.

That said, some families have better resources regardless, but wherever you go, you get out whatever you put in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tim Muller d player of the year. Chaminade grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides Muller, other starters rotanz swr and Dolan was a umass transfer. Oconnell was chaminade grade, but non starter. How many public schools had more than 1 player on Maryland. And look across the teams in tourney. How many chaminade grades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see Long Island represented, public and private, but to be fair you might want to check where some on that M defense went to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides Muller, other starters rotanz swr and Dolan was a umass transfer. Oconnell was chaminade grade, but non starter. How many public schools had more than 1 player on Maryland. And look across the teams in tourney. How many chaminade grades

Northport fogo started for MD, but was pulled. OSU had two Smithtown kids, neither play. MD has a Smithtown West kid who doesn't play. Syosset has fogo on MD, never plays. Riverhead freshman on MD don't think he plays either. Not sure if I missed anyone? Looks like Rotanz was the only LI difference maker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really bothers me how Garden City hasnt had the balls to play Chaminade, even though they play similar schedules. They just dont want to lose all of their GC talent to CHaminade once the kids see Garden City get their asses handed to them. It really shows how much gc wants to keep their "recruits".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its Grad not grades. According to inside lacrosse there were 12 Chaminade Alumni competing in the 2017 NCAA tournament with 4 of them Team Captains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport fogo started for MD, but was pulled. OSU had two Smithtown kids, neither play. MD has a Smithtown West kid who doesn't play. Syosset has fogo on MD, never plays. Riverhead freshman on MD don't think he plays either. Not sure if I missed anyone? Looks like Rotanz was the only LI difference maker

Tim Muller(Cham) Danny Dolan(GC)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tens of thousand public school grads on long island vs 350 Chammy grads.......OK, this makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 111 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard