BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 58 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True story.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yale Bowl has some history and is a a must see if you are into stadiums.

Great school, campus was kind of a disappointment, Yale bowl is a concrete piece of crap! Hofstra has a much nicer facility

Unfortunately the stadium at Hofstra is falling apart as they build the Med School and focus their Capital $ on that. Broken seats, not enough rest rooms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is lucky Hofstra's stadium hasn't been torn down yet. It has been discussed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great school, campus was kind of a disappointment, Yale bowl is a concrete piece of crap! Hofstra has a much nicer facility

Unfortunately the stadium at Hofstra is falling apart as they build the Med School and focus their Capital $ on that. Broken seats, not enough rest rooms.

Hofstra is in Hempstead. I'll take Yale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven't visited Yale yet...that campus is the armpit.

No way he visited Yale, it's a DUMP compared to cornell of dartmouth. Bad neighborhood, homeless people on campus.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Obviously a great, great school, but even Columbia is a nicer campus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone have any insight into the Casey Powell LI tryouts this week to field a team for WSL in Denver ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you have never been to New Haven. Horrible and dangerous. Hofstra at least keeps tabs on campus. Liberal Yale lets homeless and others roam around campus even if they are intimidating and aggressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i

Guess you have never been to New Haven. Horrible and dangerous. Hofstra at least keeps tabs on campus. Liberal Yale lets homeless and others roam around campus even if they are intimidating and aggressive.

Liberal, hostile, nasty environment altogether with Yale. Even one of their university officials just got busted for calling the local citizens "white trash". The liberal Mean Team at work. Yikes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way he visited Yale, it's a DUMP compared to cornell of dartmouth. Bad neighborhood, homeless people on campus.

The campus itself is very nice, though, especially architecturally.

Tough to beat Dartmouth though if you're looking for that quaint, small college town feel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough to beat Dartmouth though if you're looking for that quaint, small college town feel.

...and don't mind the coaching merry go round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...says the guy who complains about a BJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...says the guy who complains about a BJ

BJ is your Mothers initials......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i

Liberal, hostile, nasty environment altogether with Yale. Even one of their university officials just got busted for calling the local citizens "white trash". The liberal Mean Team at work. Yikes.

Seriously though, if anyone has first hand experience with Yale, new haven etc.. I am sending my wife and 15 year old there and they ain't the most street smart, Is it actually a tough environment or is this over hyped?? Thanks for any tips..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wife and child will be fine in New Haven. It's a lot safer than Brooklyn/Queens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know about Captain U? Seems like an expensive way to get in front of coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wast of time and money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
captain u emails my girls everyday that a coach looked them up but to see which coach it is we have to pay.
I havent paid, our club said not to do it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
captain u emails my girls everyday that a coach looked them up but to see which coach it is we have to pay.
I havent paid, our club said not to do it

That is what I thought too. Some of them are matches, but my son has no profile for them to match to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Recruits (Sports Recruits) is a good site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Captain U is a total waste of money, and a "tell" for most coaches that there is not strong recruiting interest. Save your money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now should this thread just be recruiting? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head over to IWLCA and see what they posted yesterday about recruiting loophole at camps and clinics. Didn't they think of that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head over to IWLCA and see what they posted yesterday about recruiting loophole at camps and clinics. Didn't they think of that?

I guess they didn't. The whole proposal makes no sense.

If a verbal commitment was always:

1-subject to change and truly non-binding till the athlete signs their NLI or better yet, actually steps foot on campus; and
2- always contingent on an athletes ability to make it through the admissions process for their university of choice

Isn't the whole verbal commitment thing like a brokered promise and way overblown - Player- "I want to come to your school and play for you". Coach - "I like the way you play so if you get thru admissions we'd love to have you".

Look at the recent de-commits from Hopkins as an example - de-commit there - commit elsewhere - who cares. Ty Zanders reports that stuff all day long, that's what makes him relevant. Maybe he should be posting the GPA of said STUD athlete as well when announcing this stuff. The players still needs to get through admissions. Coaches either evaluated right and it works out, or they didn't and the kid -doesn't make it into the school or on the field to help the coach win. Sometimes that affects their tenure as a coach at said school.

Lastly - why can Lane Kiffin announce a commitment to a grade school kid from Cali to come play football for him? Where is the NCAA protecting the student athlete here? NCAA is all about 2 things - MARCH MADNESS and BOWL GAMES ie $$$$$$$$. Legislating Common Sense is overkill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of schools are very close to the wrong side of the tracks. For every safe one like William and Mary there are 5 like Hopkins or Yale. The campuses are fine but where our parental concern spiked is the off campus housing and night time social activities and parties. Walking around at midnight off campus isn't a good idea but it is going to happen so choose wisely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of schools are very close to the wrong side of the tracks. For every safe one like William and Mary there are 5 like Hopkins or Yale. The campuses are fine but where our parental concern spiked is the off campus housing and night time social activities and parties. Walking around at midnight off campus isn't a good idea but it is going to happen so choose wisely

Had a friend out if state loved Hofstra until the walked off campus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess they didn't. The whole proposal makes no sense.

If a verbal commitment was always:

1-subject to change and truly non-binding till the athlete signs their NLI or better yet, actually steps foot on campus; and
2- always contingent on an athletes ability to make it through the admissions process for their university of choice

Isn't the whole verbal commitment thing like a brokered promise and way overblown - Player- "I want to come to your school and play for you". Coach - "I like the way you play so if you get thru admissions we'd love to have you".

Look at the recent de-commits from Hopkins as an example - de-commit there - commit elsewhere - who cares. Ty Zanders reports that stuff all day long, that's what makes him relevant. Maybe he should be posting the GPA of said STUD athlete as well when announcing this stuff. The players still needs to get through admissions. Coaches either evaluated right and it works out, or they didn't and the kid -doesn't make it into the school or on the field to help the coach win. Sometimes that affects their tenure as a coach at said school.

Lastly - why can Lane Kiffin announce a commitment to a grade school kid from Cali to come play football for him? Where is the NCAA protecting the student athlete here? NCAA is all about 2 things - MARCH MADNESS and BOWL GAMES ie $$$$$$$$. Legislating Common Sense is overkill.

This whole thing is about three things:

1. Making sure that certain schools, i.e. Ivies, Duke (I mean, look who started this!?!), ND, etc., still have a chance to get some of the talent before it's "locked down" (which it totally isn't) by another school. It's couched under "keeping the game great" and "slowing things down for our kids" and was fully supported by US Lacrosse. You want a disconnect? Look at the kids they put on their cover of the "ER is stupid" issue v. the kids that really have been ER'ed. NO ONE LOOKS LIKE THAT!! They're mostly all well into adolescence and 6+ feet. Don't believe me? Go to any top tourney.
2. Appeasing the parents of kids who are "suffering" and "stressing out" because the others around them are committing and now they have no shot or they're "late bloomers". Seriously? It's the ultimate in helicopter parenting. I don't like the "rules" so I'll whine and moan and get the "rules" changed (and still watch as my kid isn't recruited....happening all the time in the upperclasses). But but but Ben Reeves was a late bloomer and he went to Yale! He was committed to Hobart as a sophomore and traded up to Yale after Shay came calling. That "no one wanted him" hagiography peddled by the ER detractors and US Lacrosse was ridiculous.
3. Lining the pockets of the coaches with $$$$ at their prospect camps. Have you been to one? There are 150+ kids there shelling out 165 bucks for the "chance" to be seen and now "the only way to interact with college coaches." So, you take away my ability to speak with a coach by shutting down the free (outside of travel expenses) loophole and open up a legitimate loophole with dollars attached? That's some Michael Corleone stuff right there. . .But but but you can't talk about recruiting!!! "Hey kid, you've got a great shot, great footwork, and are a top player" means "expect a phone call"

Whole thing is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no the joke was talking about an athletic offer with a 14 year old in a sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about. Let the kids grow up concentrate on their grades and then make an informed college decision with a clue. You parents pushing for professional lacrosse players are INSANE. When your kid does play in college there will be 75 people watching the games 50 parents and 25 stragglers.

We know people 2 ACL injuries later that are still pushing their kids. For what? Atthis rate they wont even be able to walk to coach their own kids in 15 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no the joke was talking about an athletic offer with a 14 year old in a sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about. Let the kids grow up concentrate on their grades and then make an informed college decision with a clue. You parents pushing for professional lacrosse players are INSANE. When your kid does play in college there will be 75 people watching the games 50 parents and 25 stragglers.

We know people 2 ACL injuries later that are still pushing their kids. For what? Atthis rate they wont even be able to walk to coach their own kids in 15 years

You were awful at lacrosse. That's all you had to say, you were awful at lacrosse. We got it from there..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, are you sure you even enjoy the game? Some of us are actually quite rational. No one's pushing for pro lax players. In fact, most of the kids I know who are ER weren't even gunning for it. My kid still enjoys the game, has a social life, has luckily escaped injury (and trust me, it would end quickly if the injury caused any issues down the road), gets stellar marks (grades come first and if his grades start to slip, he's got a 96, buh bye lacrosse), and found himself in a very lucky for him situation. Life sucts that way sometimes. . .there are many other things that didn't work out for him without a governing body coming to his "defense." But let's make sure that Big Brother NCAA stops what at the end of the day was a very minor problem for a "sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, are you sure you even enjoy the game? Some of us are actually quite rational. No one's pushing for pro lax players. In fact, most of the kids I know who are ER weren't even gunning for it. My kid still enjoys the game, has a social life, has luckily escaped injury (and trust me, it would end quickly if the injury caused any issues down the road), gets stellar marks (grades come first and if his grades start to slip, he's got a 96, buh bye lacrosse), and found himself in a very lucky for him situation. Life sucts that way sometimes. . .there are many other things that didn't work out for him without a governing body coming to his "defense." But let's make sure that Big Brother NCAA stops what at the end of the day was a very minor problem for a "sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about."

You sound sane, your kid is smart, sounds like grades come first and you don't expect your kid to be a pro or better yet a fulltime summer coach so how does a well grounded school first dad think picking a college in 8th grade is good? We can argue about NCAA over reach and the fact that D1 players are at school for athletics 1st and school 2nd or that they spend 2x more time on sport than school work and why the athletes don't get paid to play etc etc but a verbal in 8th grade is too early and im glad they changed the rule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is the perfect example of parents who only care about their own child and not the sport as a whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We just took our 12 year old daughter out of her program after reading your advice. Thanks. Bullet dodged. God bless you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know, right, really all youth sports should be cancelled. Fitness, health, sportsmanship, life lessons, better opportunities getting into schools, friendships, contacts, fun, are all trash. You could stump your toe and have it all go South. Good call, dude, what in the heck have all of us nuts been doing all of these years? Gym too, I mean tons of risk associated with gym, gotta stop the madness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is the perfect example of parents who only care about their own child and not the sport as a whole.

He got his..What does he care about the sport in general. Who in their right mind thinks that recruiting 8th and 9th graders is better than recruiting 11th graders???

If you child is a good to great player than he is a good to great player at 11th grade too. Whats the problem if everyone is on the same recruiting page???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know, right, really all youth sports should be cancelled. Fitness, health, sportsmanship, life lessons, better opportunities getting into schools, friendships, contacts, fun, are all trash. You could stump your toe and have it all go South. Good call, dude, what in the heck have all of us nuts been doing all of these years? Gym too, I mean tons of risk associated with gym, gotta stop the madness.

Shouldnt we all be wearing rubber helmets??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you see in the mirror is why youth, HS, and college sports are good for everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are great with hyperbole but not to great with making an actual argument....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are great with hyperbole but not to great with making an actual argument....

If there was any validity to your original non-nonsensical statement and complete misinterpretation with what lacrosse people love about the game, than perhaps an argument could be stricken. However, that is not the case, and instead we are just making fun of you, at your expense, and at our pleasure. We can be given no credit at great hyperbole, rather, you just gave us what we call in the sports world, a softball.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 58 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard