BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 214 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Manhasset this year? 5-5 in conference with losses to Port Washington Massapequa GC and 2x to Long Beach. Not a good season for them

Very funky year, had 3 big non conference wins though...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh in another easy one.

Very few competitive games this year for the big teams

Big teams? Relax. Wantagh is in "C", in Nassau. Not exactly a powerhouse. Now Suffolk "C", that's a different story.

How did the big 3 Suffolk "C"s do non conference? Record? I figure with all the talk about how dominant they are, probably had winning non conference record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big teams? Relax. Wantagh is in "C", in Nassau. Not exactly a powerhouse. Now Suffolk "C", that's a different story.

How did the big 3 Suffolk "C"s do non conference? Record? I figure with all the talk about how dominant they are, probably had winning non conference record.

Take it easy Sparky !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy Sparky !

Don't sleep on westhampton in the suffolk C, they are peaking at the right time of year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course suspended Northport girls are back playing.. there parents have NO MORALS!!!!

Hahahaha, jealous that you're home! We don't care. See you next year loser
wow You NP parents are really a classless bunch!
i would relax. First time u made it this far in awhile

That's one more time than you jerkoff

Of course suspended Northport girls are back playing.. there parents have NO MORALS!!!!

Didn't Syosset beat Northport this year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City, Lynbrook and Pequa did not receive All American notification yet, to the poster that stated he/she was told its June 12 - were you notified via school or mail? Graduation recognition is same night for my teams school, trying to decipher if this is fact or fiction

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Syosset beat Northport this year?

Point is what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four

Ward Melville Vs Northport
Middle Country Vs Smithtown East

Ward Melville - Closer than expected against West Islip. What happened?

Smithtown East - After losing to WM and MC in early April they have won 11 straight. Can they get to the finals?

Middle Country - Turned the table on SN and avenged earlier loss. Thumped Smithtown East during the year. Can they do it again?

Northport - Smithtown West was no match. Do they have enough to upset Ward Melville?

MC will choke again and lose to SE. This team should have at least 2 - 3 state titles, but coach can't get team through playoffs.
WM playing a rejuvenated NP team

Final SE vs NP - NP Wins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four

Ward Melville Vs Northport
Middle Country Vs Smithtown East

Ward Melville - Closer than expected against West Islip. What happened?

Smithtown East - After losing to WM and MC in early April they have won 11 straight. Can they get to the finals?

Middle Country - Turned the table on SN and avenged earlier loss. Thumped Smithtown East during the year. Can they do it again?

Northport - Smithtown West was no match. Do they have enough to upset Ward Melville?

MC will choke again and lose to SE. This team should have at least 2 - 3 state titles, but coach can't get team through playoffs.
WM playing a rejuvenated NP team

Final SE vs NP - NP Wins

Wearing orange jumpsuits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Np hands wm a loss. Hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her coach definitely knows who has been selected as All County, All American etc. If the Coach did not submit your daughters name for consideration, then she can not be included in the vote. Coaches all meet for the final selection and it becomes a political trade off. "You vote from XYZ from my team and I will vote for XYZ from your team." Coaches push the players they want selected. If the Coach told your daughter she has no idea of the selections she is lying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her coach definitely knows who has been selected as All County, All American etc. If the Coach did not submit your daughters name for consideration, then she can not be included in the vote. Coaches all meet for the final selection and it becomes a political trade off. "You vote from XYZ from my team and I will vote for XYZ from your team." Coaches push the players they want selected. If the Coach told your daughter she has no idea of the selections she is lying.

This is truth. Speaking as a parent whose daughter got screwed in a trade-off (told to me by another coach who was a friend via club). The further your school's team went, the more spots the coach gets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Manhasset this year? 5-5 in conference with losses to Port Washington Massapequa GC and 2x to Long Beach. Not a good season for them

What Happened? Coach cannot hide behind running a few chosen underclassmen up and down the field (along with her niece) and expect to win a champtionship. That ship sailed in 2014, when the girls won in spite of her. Manhasset has always been a great program, but morale is low and people now see that the coach is not what they believed her to be. She may have been an exceptional player from High School, College and World Team; but that does not translate as a coach. She has poor social skills, cannot communicate with the players and does not foster any sense of team amongst the players. Alumni have no connection to the program which in and of itself is benyond sad. No bitterness here, we have been long gone. Just find it strange that the boys coach was fired after having a proven track record and 40 plus years in the district and the girls coach remains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk c prediction for what it's worth... nothing... Mt Sinia wins by 9... SWR wins by 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Happened? Coach cannot hide behind running a few chosen underclassmen up and down the field (along with her niece) and expect to win a champtionship. That ship sailed in 2014, when the girls won in spite of her. Manhasset has always been a great program, but morale is low and people now see that the coach is not what they believed her to be. She may have been an exceptional player from High School, College and World Team; but that does not translate as a coach. She has poor social skills, cannot communicate with the players and does not foster any sense of team amongst the players. Alumni have no connection to the program which in and of itself is benyond sad. No bitterness here, we have been long gone. Just find it strange that the boys coach was fired after having a proven track record and 40 plus years in the district and the girls coach remains.
Your kid must not play. That's my guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read " long gone" and went on to D! College player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is truth. Speaking as a parent whose daughter got screwed in a trade-off (told to me by another coach who was a friend via club). The further your school's team went, the more spots the coach gets.

They were told of all conference and all county but coach said she wasn't told anything about all American

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City, Lynbrook and Pequa did not receive All American notification yet, to the poster that stated he/she was told its June 12 - were you notified via school or mail? Graduation recognition is same night for my teams school, trying to decipher if this is fact or fiction

Did this Lynbrook dad just put his daughters school in the same sentence as GC and Mass. Did you call Mass and GC to make sure they didn't forget about your little one? Please don't put the Lynbrook program in the same sentence like they are on the same level. Tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were told of all conference and all county but coach said she wasn't told anything about all American

Corrrct all Americans have not been completed. All other awards are done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did this Lynbrook dad just put his daughters school in the same sentence as GC and Mass. Did you call Mass and GC to make sure they didn't forget about your little one? Please don't put the Lynbrook program in the same sentence like they are on the same level. Tool.

And Mass doesn't belong in the same sentence ad GC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your an [lacrosse]! WM should hold there heads high! They had a fantastic season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another pot stirrer. Give me a break. WM team loaded with talent. It's incredibly difficult to
go through an entire season undefeated. NP fortunate to have pulled out a one goal win.
WM to be congratulated on a great season and will be a top team for years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your an [lacrosse]! WM should hold there heads high! They had a fantastic season!

YJ wins again

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Had a rare chance to watch today's Northport-Ward Melville game as I'm chasing college games all spring. I'll be at the Final Four this weekend.

Ward Melville did not play like a #1 seed today. After a quick 5-0 then 6-1 lead Northport just wore them out with possession strength and draws. Northport getting it to 6-4 before the half was a momentum swing. It really seemed like possession in the second half was 20 minutes Northport to 5 minutes Ward Melville. The Ward Melville possessions were so quick to the goal that there was no sense of control or flow. Ward Melville only managed one goal in the second half on a wicked free position shot. Northport was the better team today despite the talent on Ward Melville.

#10 on Northport gets game ball today. Nice game on draw, maintained composure while under pressure late in the game and got ball to her teammates.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Corrrct all Americans have not been completed. All other awards are done.

Thank you so much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ wins again

MC will FINALLY get their County Title now that they will be playing Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another pot stirrer. Give me a break. WM team loaded with talent. It's incredibly difficult to
go through an entire season undefeated. NP fortunate to have pulled out a one goal win.
WM to be congratulated on a great season and will be a top team for years to come.

WM has 1 more year to get it done, this year is MC last chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ok so let me get this straight..1.play down to your opponents level. 2. Don't score too many goals (you'll [lacrosse] off the jealous dad on botc) 3. Let the other team score so they dont feel bad. Most of those girls on the leaderboard are great players and are going to great colleges. Oh wait they must have fooled all those college coaches but not you almighty one. The Riverhead girls are good players its not their fault who their competiton is...and they do score against good teams. Maybe not as many...its called defense."

So you think teams should score as much as possible no matter the level of competition, makes you seem like a loser . Go look at the most recent games of the top teams in Suffolk in every division A,B,C,D, each played non competitive games , each spread the scoring out , none of these teams let ball hog players pad their stats . The Riverhead girls are average at best and would not be able to score against those top teams previously mentioned so they pad their stats against weak competition ,it's sad .

Why are you so obsessed with how many goals other girls have. Worry about your own daughter. And no, I am not a loser. Please don't call people names.

I am not obsessed with how many goals any individual has, poor sportsmanship is a pet peeve of mine. If a team outscored an overmatched opponent by more than 20 I generally have an issue ,if in a blowout an individual puts up an unnecessary amount of points I have an issue with that. My kid lays on a sub par team and regularly gets blown out by 20, its gets real old watching a few ball hogs on the other team score over and over. Get your lead put your back ups in and if they score so be it but to leave your starters or have a few ball hogs run up their numbers is ridiculous.

What if that ball hog won the draw, worked her butt of getting the ground balls and got knocked down a few times in the meantime?

Ball hog is a ball hog. Not every player who scores a lot of goals is a ball hog. Everybody except the player and the players parents knows the difference. Some coaches apparently can't tell the difference either.

Selfish players will almost always hurt their team. The worst part about it is the player and the parents do not care. As long as they score goals everything is okay. The parents are usually non athletes or maybe played something in HS but thats about it. They do not understand the game so the only thing they can recognize is a goal. Selfish play is easy to spot and ugly to watch and is detrimental to the team.

There are some really great players who happen to score a lot of goals. They are not all ball hog. There are also some very selfish players who try to go to the goal as soon as they get the ball. They sometimes score a lot of goals but they are far from being good players. Worse than the standard run of the mill ball hog is the lazy player who also happens to be a ball hog. Start watching players when they do not have the ball. Watch them on both ends of the field. Watch them redefend. Watch when they are off ball (on offense and defense). Watch the effort, watch the communication, watch how they work and help their team. Then watch the ones who loaf around and wait for the ball. Watch the ones who start running with the ball every time they get it even when they should be passing. Watch the ones who try to run through three girls. It is easy to spot the ball hogs.
Good coaches will not put up with it. Bad coaches don't know what to do.

If your team has them good luck to you because the odds are that they will cost you when it matters.

Very true.... watched it today. Damn shame killed their own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess northport lax girls may be talented on the field but need some coaching in morals/values. not much of a win with an arrest record!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's blame it on the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's funny that the two of the coaches who have been gone after the most on here are in the finals. Northport even with the convicts back is not nearly as talented as WM this year but got the job done , also of note Northport regularly brings up middle school kids WM does not so I guess that theory is done.
MC coach gets labeled every year as having so much talent but never winning which is just not true . Just look at where the kids are committed to and it tells you the story , for the past 3-4 years they have had a player who would be considered one of the best ( 3-4 years ago it was the sister at ND , the past 1-2 it's the UNC sister ) but not a lot around her . Some of the other players are good but not as good as their parents think so they blame the coach .SE and MC both have a history of bringing up middle school kids , so again the theory that only the weak programs bring middle school kids up is unfounded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i guess northport lax girls may be talented on the field but need some coaching in morals/values. not much of a win with an arrest record!

Way more talented than your kid! Hahahaha you lost ! Everyone who tore down NP just built up their desire to win! Thank you all! Losing sucks, you lost! Too bad loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way more talented than your kid! Hahahaha you lost ! Everyone who tore down NP just built up their desire to win! Thank you all! Losing sucks, you lost! Too bad loser

I would wait till you actually win something before spouting off. Karma

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's too bad that Northport will have an asterisk next to their record this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than likely you are a snake who should just slither back under your rock but instead you are either trying to stir the pot or you are insinuating that it is all on the players. In any event, here is a high level view of the coaching track record. Not enough time to go into the details but this should paint a pretty clear picture for you.

WM Vs Opponent Regular Season Playoffs

2011 Vs William Floyd W 11 - 7 L 10 - 9

2012 Vs Bayshore W 10 - 8 L 11 - 5

2013 Vs Bayshore W 11 - 10 L 16 - 8

2014 Vs West Babylon W 17 - 4 L 17 - 10

2015 Vs Northport L 13 - 12 L 10 - 6

2016 Vs Northport L 8 - 6 L 11 - 10

2017 Vs Northport W 13 - 6 L 8 - 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's too bad that Northport will have an asterisk next to their record this year

You Lost! You Lost! You Lost! You Lost! Your season is OVER, done, finished. Your daughters were NOT talented enough to beat NP, YOU LOST. No asterisk, sorry, just a better record than your loser kid who lost. So try again next year loser, we're busy getting ready for another game. You....not so much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One year ago today was the shot heard around WANTAGH. Oh those poor girls, what they missed out on do to one very, very selfish person. Me me me, mommy mommy mommy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than likely you are a snake who should just slither back under your rock but instead you are either trying to stir the pot or you are insinuating that it is all on the players. In any event, here is a high level view of the coaching track record. Not enough time to go into the details but this should paint a pretty clear picture for you.

..WM... Vs.. Opponent .........................Regular Season .......................Playoffs

2011 Vs William Floyd ......................... W 11 - 7 .................................. L 10 - 9

2012 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 10 - 8 .................................. L 11 - 5

2013 Vs Bayshore ............................... W 11 - 10 ................................ L 16 - 8

2014 Vs West Babylon ........................ W 17 - 4 ................................... L 17 - 10

2015 Vs Northport ................................ L 13 - 12 .................................. L 10 - 6

2016 Vs Northport ................................ L 8 - 6 ...................................... L 11 - 10

2017 Vs Northport ............................... W 13 - 6 .................................... L 8 - 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM Vs Opponent Regular Season Playoffs

2011 Vs William Floyd W 11 - 7 L 10 - 9

2012 Vs Bayshore W 10 - 8 L 11 - 5

2013 Vs Bayshore W 11 - 10 L 16 - 8

2014 Vs West Babylon W 17 - 4 L 17 - 10

2015 Vs Northport L 13 - 12 L 10 - 6

2016 Vs Northport L 8 - 6 L 11 - 10

2017 Vs Northport W 13 - 6 L 8 - 7

I have never seen a team that has a good lead sub out a whole group of girls at one time. This is playoffs, why would you change things up so dramatically?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time coming to this site- I am amazed at how "anonymous" people post about teenage girls using the word such as "convicts" or "thugs". For those of you on here that regurgitate this garbage, YOU ARE SHAMEFULL COWARDS. You should think about how kids regularly make dumb and stupid choices, and YES your kid makes them too.

BTW- WM has an extremely talented team that peeked to early. They should hold their heads up high for a great season. As for NPT, they seem to be peeking at the right time and certainly deserved the win yesterday. Not to many teams can comeback from a 5-0 deficit to win the game from a #1 seeded team. I wish MC and NPT a good game next week, represent Suffolk well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 214 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard