BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: Boys 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Kudos to whoever put the schedule together (presumably MM). When I first saw the schedule, I thought it was crazy to start the tourney with such marquee games. But it actually makes sense. Everyone is fresh. No excuses. The pools are fairly balanced. Got Taz on one side, Pack on other. Madlax on one side, 91MD on other. You could make an argument that Taz and Madlax got a tougher draw with Hawks, and the 9d1 teams getting Bethesda. By putting Hawks with Madlax and Taz (a very strong team that just beat 91MD, and plays Madlax tough), it gives 91MD a better chance of making final four bracket. Nobody should count BL out. They are a very good team with a very good FO. I am not going to dare make any predictions because with this much talent at one tournament anyone can win at any time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Kudos to whoever put the schedule together (presumably MM). When I first saw the schedule, I thought it was crazy to start the tourney with such marquee games. But it actually makes sense. Everyone is fresh. No excuses. The pools are fairly balanced. Got Taz on one side, Pack on other. Madlax on one side, 91MD on other. You could make an argument that Taz and Madlax got a tougher draw with Hawks, and the 9d1 teams getting Bethesda. By putting Hawks with Madlax and Taz (a very strong team that just beat 91MD, and plays Madlax tough), it gives 91MD a better chance of making final four bracket. Nobody should count BL out. They are a very good team with a very good FO. I am not going to dare make any predictions because with this much talent at one tournament anyone can win at any time.

"Kudos" to you for not "daring" to make any "predictions". I can only imagine how tough it is for you to handle all the possible ramifications in a 5th grade lacrosse tourney. If you only put this much time and effort into finding a job, you might just turn out to be a productive member of society.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its going to be the greatest tourney ever.. The MOAT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Now that's some serious lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are analyzing 5th grade lacrosse. What a weirdo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, FCA, BW, VLC all have good coaching and a good track record of college placement. NL may get there but their history is terrible
DC EXPRESS has a strong 2021 team but the rest of the club is not so good.

You do realize that you are on the 2024 thread. BW and VLC don't even have 2024 teams. And why would any of us 2024 parents listen to someone that is recommending someone that pleaded quilty to child abuse and sexually molesting a teenager? http://www.gazette.net/gazette_archive/2001/200118/princegeorgescty/county/53670-1.html. VLC's 2022 team went 0-6 in the AA bracket (didn't even play in the top bracket). The two kids that I know that play on that team say it is an absolute train wreck and they are switching this summer. Crabs may get better over time, but their 2024 team went 0-6 this Spring, and really struggled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great lineup. As a Brotherly Love parent we recognize we could easily go 0-4. We also think we will do well, 3 of our best players, two starting middies, and best pole were not at the Madlax game where we lost by a goal. I do agree that we got the weaker bracket and I think it is to create a little bit of a bias to MM but you know what, if it is your tournament...you make the rules.
I know that all of our parents and players have had this date circled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs, FCA, BW, VLC all have good coaching and a good track record of college placement. NL may get there but their history is terrible

You do realize that you are on the 2024 thread. BW and VLC don't even have 2024 teams. And why would any of us 2024 parents listen to someone that is recommending someone that pleaded quilty to child abuse and sexually molesting a teenager? http://www.gazette.net/gazette_archive/2001/200118/princegeorgescty/county/53670-1.html. VLC's 2022 team went 0-6 in the AA bracket (didn't even play in the top bracket). The two kids that I know that play on that team say it is an absolute train wreck and they are switching this summer. Crabs may get better over time, but their 2024 team went 0-6 this Spring, and really struggled.

If that offense had occurred now, that guy would be on a sex offender registry. But even so, I cant imagine how parents would go to that club if it is actually the same guy. Holy Cow, it seems crazy to think it would be ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that offense had occurred now, that guy would be on a sex offender registry. But even so, I cant imagine how parents would go to that club if it is actually the same guy. Holy Cow, it seems crazy to think it would be ok.

Yes, it is the same guy. Molested someone's 14 year old daughter and threatened to kill her. Also sent 3 of his players to the ER. Almost killed them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a great lineup. As a Brotherly Love parent we recognize we could easily go 0-4. We also think we will do well, 3 of our best players, two starting middies, and best pole were not at the Madlax game where we lost by a goal. I do agree that we got the weaker bracket and I think it is to create a little bit of a bias to MM but you know what, if it is your tournament...you make the rules.

Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

"Kudos" to you for not "daring" to make any "predictions". I can only imagine how tough it is for you to handle all the possible ramifications in a 5th grade lacrosse tourney. If you only put this much time and effort into finding a job, you might just turn out to be a productive member of society.

Oh tough guy, if you don't care about the Elite 8 move on. Rather ironic that you are bad mouthing the very thread that you are reading. Some of the biggest shots I know frequent this page. Just look around the parking lot at most HoCo games. I have never seen so many Range Rovers and sport cars. I guarantee you that any one of them makes more in one week than you do in a year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Just Wow! Trig sending 3 players in one practice to hospital isn't his worst offense? Sex offender?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Oh tough guy, if you don't care about the Elite 8 move on. Rather ironic that you are bad mouthing the very thread that you are reading. Some of the biggest shots I know frequent this page. Just look around the parking lot at most HoCo games. I have never seen so many Range Rovers and sport cars. I guarantee you that any one of them makes more in one week than you do in a year.

Where's it posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Where's it posted?

Tourney machind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

Where's it posted?

Tourney machind

Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite 8 opening games:

9AM, 91MD v 91Pack
10AM Taz v Madlax

That is opening strong!

I don't think they are bad mouthing the thread. I think they are bad mouthing the idiotic over analysis this tool bag wrote about 5th....grade...lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take up knitting. At this time most elite players are already on a good club. Training 2-3 times a week. Fall Spring Winter Summer games and tournament. New world in lacrosse. Might want to get your child up to speed. I guess there is always rec.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take up knitting. At this time most elite players are already on a good club. Training 2-3 times a week. Fall Spring Winter Summer games and tournament. New world in lacrosse. Might want to get your child up to speed. I guess there is always rec.

Says the overweight dad who can barely walk to the field without stopping to catch his breath. 100% guarantee this dude never picked up a lacrosse stick until his son started playing, now he is an expert on the sport. This is the guy that screams "wheels" or "hit em" at his son. Dead give away for a total loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite players? You are talking about 5th graders. I'm gonna guess that this is your oldest child. So much changes between 5th grade and high school that it is a fool's errand to even discuss which players are "elite" right now. They haven't even hit puberty yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to your family for your child finishing elementary school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May want to get some miles on your middle school window sticker before you get too far ahead of yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite players? You are talking about 5th graders. I'm gonna guess that this is your oldest child. So much changes between 5th grade and high school that it is a fool's errand to even discuss which players are "elite" right now. They haven't even hit puberty yet.

FYI for all of those parents of elite elementary school athletes. 10 or less kids from your current team will play lacrosse in high school. 5 or less will go onto varsity. 3 or less will play in college. Enjoy childhood, enjoy lacrosse, but don't blink too many times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems a bit random and arbitrary let me guess your kid has already settle in with the B Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems a bit random and arbitrary let me guess your kid has already settle in with the B Team.

Yes, my kid prefers playing for a B team. That is why he plays for Next Level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, it is just the truth. At your next elite elementary school club lacrosse practice, hold out your hand, and less than the number of fingers you have up is how many of the kids you are watching will play in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, it is just the truth. At your next elite elementary school club lacrosse practice, hold out your hand, and less than the number of fingers you have up is how many of the kids you are watching will play in college.

Sooooo, in 5th grade you already know who's playing in college? You are in for a rude awakening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you just posted the recipe for burnout and injury. My brother's an orthopedic surgeon. Call me in 3 years and I'll give you his number. You are such a classic meathead. I'll make a bet right now that, at minimum, 2 kids that have not even picked up a stick yet will be playing varsity over your "elite" player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two points to consider:

1. Weather or not a kid decides to play in college or not should have nothing to do with the success or "elite" status or a 5th grade club team. Parents of kids not involved in club sports like to point out college statistics as if they choose not to play it was all a waste of time. However, I think any young boy who puts the effort in should have a goal to play in college. We should not discourage this goal. The goal may change in the future I wanted to play in the NFL then WWF, kids want to be on an elite team if they are good for the sake of the elite team not college.
2. If you consider D1, D2, D3 MCLA, post collegiate club I would guess most of the kids I grew up with who played in middle school played at some level past HS many still play. The current club scene is a new thing so there is not a stat that proves or disproves your "theory" THAT is a truth. The fact that college players do not get full rides open more opportunities for kids with good grades to get "merit" scholarship money offers long before other students if they are also good lacrosse players. This is especially true in DIII.

Lastly, if you think club lacrosse discussion for 2024 kids is weird or a waste of time, why read this board in the first place? I enjoy knowing which clubs are strong or developing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you just posted the recipe for burnout and injury. My brother's an orthopedic surgeon. Call me in 3 years and I'll give you his number. You are such a classic meathead. I'll make a bet right now that, at minimum, 2 kids that have not even picked up a stick yet will be playing varsity over your "elite" player.

This is just not true for a sport like lacrosse. Its a skill based sport. Like baseball. So the more you do it the better you will be. If you want to talk body types vs skills you should be able to judge a kids general body type from looking at mom and dad. So if mom and dad are 6 feet and studs 5th grade Johnny should turn into a 6 foot stud. Yes you can over train for all sports but lacrosse unlike baseball you should be throwing with your left and right and over and under hand all the time. And with lacrosse you use all your muscles and run in all directions. So if you take out the contact part of the sport you should be able to play lacrosse 12 months a year and it would be the same as doing cross fit at a gym for a full year. All athletes body's should be monitored at all times no matter the age. Be mindful of soreness in the big joints and hits to your sons head. If you do this and sit him when he has these two things he can play full time lacrosse 12 months a year (if he wants to) without a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just not true for a sport like lacrosse. Its a skill based sport. Like baseball. So the more you do it the better you will be. If you want to talk body types vs skills you should be able to judge a kids general body type from looking at mom and dad. So if mom and dad are 6 feet and studs 5th grade Johnny should turn into a 6 foot stud. Yes you can over train for all sports but lacrosse unlike baseball you should be throwing with your left and right and over and under hand all the time. And with lacrosse you use all your muscles and run in all directions. So if you take out the contact part of the sport you should be able to play lacrosse 12 months a year and it would be the same as doing cross fit at a gym for a full year. All athletes body's should be monitored at all times no matter the age. Be mindful of soreness in the big joints and hits to your sons head. If you do this and sit him when he has these two things he can play full time lacrosse 12 months a year (if he wants to) without a problem.

So we can generally assume your son should grow into an idiot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sooooo, in 5th grade you already know who's playing in college? You are in for a rude awakening.

Nope, but it's less than you can count on your hand on your son's team right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So beside my lack of writing ability. Can you poke holes in my theory about youth lacrosse players and the amount they play? You wanted to brag about your Doctor brother so I am assuming you are highly educated. So please school us on the facts of over use injury's in lacrosse. What body parts are the ones that will need to be fixed by your brother? This post said playing lacrosse 2 to 3 times a week. So if NFL says kids should run and play for 1 hour every day how can they not handle 6 to 8 hours a week of Lacrosse? Like I said the be careful with the amount of big hits or hits to your sons head but other then that please tell me how there bodies can not play this much lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

So we can generally assume your son should grow into an idiot? [/quote]

So beside my lack of writing ability. Can you poke holes in my theory about youth lacrosse players and the amount they play? You wanted to brag about your Doctor brother so I am assuming you are highly educated. So please school us on the facts of over use injury's in lacrosse. What body parts are the ones that will need to be fixed by your brother? This post said playing lacrosse 2 to 3 times a week. So if NFL says kids should run and play for 1 hour every day how can they not handle 6 to 8 hours a week of Lacrosse? Like I said the be careful with the amount of big hits or hits to your sons head but other then that please tell me how there bodies can not play this much lacrosse?
[/quote]

Go get 'em stud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't necessarily agree with above but due agree that lacrosse is a skill sport thus unless you can run a 4.4 forty yard dash or are 250 and 6.5" you aren't going to go far. Our middle school is full of good athletes that ended up picking up a stick in 7th grade but they struggle to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arguing with the guy who's brother is an ortho is pointless. He'll never admit that he is wrong. It is like playing chess with a pigeon: he knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory. That being said, the best athletes are playing lots of different sports, not just lacrosse. A kid can play basketball during the winter and get a lot more out of it than getting beat up playing box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't necessarily agree with above but due agree that lacrosse is a skill sport thus unless you can run a 4.4 forty yard dash or are 250 and 6.5" you aren't going to go far. Our middle school is full of good athletes that ended up picking up a stick in 7th grade but they struggle to compete.

Skill, with a big ole topping of ability, which has a limit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meathead?? You can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. If you think your 2024 can all of the sudden in next year or two become some elite player..sorry isnt going to happen. The best 2024 players are out there right now training Spring and Summer at the minimum if playing other sports and also with and some Fall and winter playing when and if they can. Some have already chosen to specialize and are year round now..These are the future D1 players..not the guy that said I still have time.

This isn't 10 years ago. Times are different. Much more players and much more training before HS. 10 years ago in youth you played Spring Rec or town and maybe a couple Summer tournaments against kids from Balt to LI. Not anymore.

Now we have Club leagues in youth along everywhere with several elite tournaments. The teams are from Everywhere now, TX, FL, CA, etc and are playing in youth tournaments. Some youth teams are bringing kids in from out of town just for games. Better have your skills or you will be passed by.

Look at current Freshman D1 players. What a group. That is the future for the next few years as these players who have been getting extra work and playing since early age are D1 ready as Freshman. More and More will be just like them as these elite 2024 and up get to college.

Sorry ...times are a changing..jump on the train or stay on the sidelines watching meathead. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cross fit is horrible for the body. Tons of serious injuries. Dumb

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meathead?? You can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. If you think your 2024 can all of the sudden in next year or two become some elite player..sorry isnt going to happen. The best 2024 players are out there right now training Spring and Summer at the minimum if playing other sports and also with and some Fall and winter playing when and if they can. Some have already chosen to specialize and are year round now..These are the future D1 players..not the guy that said I still have time.

This isn't 10 years ago. Times are different. Much more players and much more training before HS. 10 years ago in youth you played Spring Rec or town and maybe a couple Summer tournaments against kids from Balt to LI. Not anymore.

Now we have Club leagues in youth along everywhere with several elite tournaments. The teams are from Everywhere now, TX, FL, CA, etc and are playing in youth tournaments. Some youth teams are bringing kids in from out of town just for games. Better have your skills or you will be passed by.

Look at current Freshman D1 players. What a group. That is the future for the next few years as these players who have been getting extra work and playing since early age are D1 ready as Freshman. More and More will be just like them as these elite 2024 and up get to college.

Sorry ...times are a changing..jump on the train or stay on the sidelines watching meathead. LOL.[/quote]

Problem is, he won't feel like dealing with your bs once he gets through puberty, he'll realize he pretty much peaked in the 7th grade, then he'll start smoking weed and chasing tail in HS. Specializing is only as special as the athlete. When your kid stops playing after JV, make sure you support his new goals too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry ...times are a changing..jump on the train or stay on the sidelines watching meathead. LOL.

You need help. A lot of help. And I feel sorry for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing worse than youth lacrosse parents.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard