BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 313 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FWIW, we played both Landon and McDonough.. We only lost to Landon by a few, even with 2 top players out and losing every faceoff, but we got destroyed by McDonough - wasn't even close. McDonough is definitely the better, more rounded team. Before the Landon homers start spewing # of commits and UA players, I'm not disputing that Landon has great, individual players, but McDonough, and the top MIAA teams in general, just play beautiful, team oriented lacrosse. The IAC lags behind in that respect.

-a b'more native

And McD finished 3rd in the MIAA. Landon is a middle of the pack team in Baltimore. It's a shame they like to play the bottom of the barrel of MIAA teams in the regular season each year.

McD wins the MIAA playoffs this year again!

The way teams have played this year, I give each team a 1 in 6 shot at winning it all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there so much POT smoking in high school lacrosse. My son plays for top MIAA team and the amount of drugs but mostly POT is unimaginable. I know this will spill into politics but I just don't see the same amount of drug use with other athletes. It's really sad to see these kids start this terrible habit. How can you call yourself an athlete and smoke pot the majority of the year. Legalizing it around this country is a huge mistake for our youth. I think more high school coaches need to band together and try to get their players away from this gateway drug. Problem is though, a lot of coaches do it to I think. My son plays basketball and football as well and those teams don't have even close to the numbers of athletes smoking POT. Get it together lacrosse coaches. Stop this nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this post. I stay up at night wondering how so many of the players at my son's schools smoke daily and how their parents have no idea. So I thank you for acknowledging the problem, but get it together parents!! Only so much responsibility is on the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there so much POT smoking in high school lacrosse. My son plays for top MIAA team and the amount of drugs but mostly POT is unimaginable. I know this will spill into politics but I just don't see the same amount of drug use with other athletes. It's really sad to see these kids start this terrible habit. How can you call yourself an athlete and smoke pot the majority of the year. Legalizing it around this country is a huge mistake for our youth. I think more high school coaches need to band together and try to get their players away from this gateway drug. Problem is though, a lot of coaches do it to I think. My son plays basketball and football as well and those teams don't have even close to the numbers of athletes smoking POT. Get it together lacrosse coaches. Stop this nonsense.

Testing for eligibility is the only way. No marketing or threats alone will work. It's become too mainstream, and unlike most serious vices, access and penalties are easing. Serious athletes would stop if they were going to get tested, or at least threat of random testing. I'm a complete hypocrite now that I have kids, but nothing good ever happens because you are high or drunk. Moderation and safety are the most realistic expectations, unless you are fortunate enough to have a kid that is extraordinarily responsible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forget the coaches. Be a world class [lacrosse] of a parent, so that one day you can be a super cool grandparent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said .... from one world class [lacrosse] of a parent to another

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow you call someone a [lacrosse] on this site . You are a child or look up to see top of a curb .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow you call someone a [lacrosse] on this site . You are a child or look up to see top of a curb .

Hey dumbbell, I believe they were calling themselves that, as to say be vigilant as a parent. It was like a good thing, for those that were a little quicker on the uptake!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Snowflake! Try to find some meaning in what was written, instead of how it causes you to seek a safe place!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paul VI does less with more than any team in the WCAC.

Guess it depends on how you look at it. if you are narrow-minded and only judge the success of a program by WCAC wins, then yes, you are likely correct, but if you look at the bigger picture (i.e. getting your kid to the next level, learning valuable life/spiritual lessons, being well-rounded, academically successful and respectful kids), then you can't argue with PVI's success (you might even say they do more with less considering PVI is half the size of Gonzaga, and doesn't have a huge financial donor like St. John's). Just something to noodle...

Sounds nice Mom, but not reality. No team trash talks more or has more obnoxious parents than PVI. Scandals swept under rug? Players to VMI? Playoff loser. No thanks.

Move to Loudoun, hire HC not a politician and maybe things change. Until then, enjoy losses and what if's. Noodle that.

To giant man baby, you sound bitter and like the previous poster commented, "narrow-minded". That hasn't been my experience.

I told you so! Looking forward to Loudoun now? --Man Baby

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess it depends on how you look at it. if you are narrow-minded and only judge the success of a program by WCAC wins, then yes, you are likely correct, but if you look at the bigger picture (i.e. getting your kid to the next level, learning valuable life/spiritual lessons, being well-rounded, academically successful and respectful kids), then you can't argue with PVI's success (you might even say they do more with less considering PVI is half the size of Gonzaga, and doesn't have a huge financial donor like St. John's). Just something to noodle...

Sounds nice Mom, but not reality. No team trash talks more or has more obnoxious parents than PVI. Scandals swept under rug? Players to VMI? Playoff loser. No thanks.

Move to Loudoun, hire HC not a politician and maybe things change. Until then, enjoy losses and what if's. Noodle that.

To giant man baby, you sound bitter and like the previous poster commented, "narrow-minded". That hasn't been my experience.

Haha, well played. Regardless, we still have had a good experience at PVI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, well played. Regardless, we still have had a good experience at PVI.

#pvifamily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you parents at PVI so arrogant? We have a great experience, our kids are playing at the next level and guess what, we win in the playoffs.

You can call it what you want, but you need a new head coach and pronto.

#wehaverings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you parents at PVI so arrogant? We have a great experience, our kids are playing at the next level and guess what, we win in the playoffs.

You can call it what you want, but you need a new head coach and pronto.

#wehaverings

Nah, we like our head coach, assistant coaches, school, and extended pvifamily. Oh, and we've never won a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the MIAA Championship game is streamed live? Any info appreciated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://miaalacrosse.com/watch/

I think you have to pay $10 though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://miaalacrosse.com/watch/

I think you have to pay $10 though.

Screw that. I hope the McDonogh holdback cheaters smoke the Calvert Hall holdback cheaters tonight. Brian Kelly ha jumped so deeply into that holdback cesspool. At least all Andy does is bring in kids from all over and put them up in the dorms...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money wins and Brian Kelly has out spent all other MIAA schools to load his team up just in time to support his boys. But you can't deny talent at CH. honestly, the B and C conferences are low level lacrosse. JC is ok but much slower and smaller game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To win in MIAA A division you have to offer money. Period. The schools that don't fall behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon is best team in US and offers only need-based money....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please look at Landon's schedule and let us know how they are the best team. Very soft.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason they are ranked #1 in just about every poll--beat 2 top ten teams--Brunswick and St. Ignatius; and twice beat Bullis which sits in top 20 and would be top 5 if didn't lose twice to Landon. Easiest game for Landon was win over Churchill, who lost on a last second goal in MD state champs....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Landon's schedule is soft. No chance they are better than mcdonough or calvert hall. They are a mediocre team when they dont win 90% of face offs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason they are ranked #1 in just about every poll--beat 2 top ten teams--Brunswick and St. Ignatius; and twice beat Bullis which sits in top 20 and would be top 5 if didn't lose twice to Landon. Easiest game for Landon was win over Churchill, who lost on a last second goal in MD state champs....

Bullis is average at best. Saw them get abused by McDonogh. Not even remotely competitive. I'll give you St Ignatius, but Brunswick? Ok, I suppose. The MIAA teams they played really struggled this year.
It is hard not to give them top billing I guess but they are FAR from the "best team ever" as others have intimated. Not even in the discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have two boy's on an MIAA Team and they played Landon early in the year and they said that Landon was the best team they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Lacrosse has always been a sport dominated by wealthy so it makes sense that Landon has a good team. What else is Landon competitive in. Hmmmm. Crickets. I still think they lose to CH or McDonogh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon is this year's IAC Founders Cup co-champion, given annually to the school(s) with the best combined finishes in both IAC regular season and tournament play in 11 sports. Varsity tennis went undefeated. Rugby won its championship. Varsity soccer is stacked with talent for next year. If that's what you call crickets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that McDonogh's astoundingly huge endowment is not being utilized to recruit lacrosse players, then you're crazy. As far as the girls' lacrosse program goes there, approximately one in four lacrosse players that come out of the middle school will actually make the varsity team because the girls' varsity team is almost completely recruited from the outside. Don't kid yourself about any sport at McDonogh and the amount of scholarship dollars that are spent to get kids enrolled and on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that McDonogh's astoundingly huge endowment is not being utilized to recruit lacrosse players, then you're crazy. As far as the girls' lacrosse program goes there, approximately one in four lacrosse players that come out of the middle school will actually make the varsity team because the girls' varsity team is almost completely recruited from the outside. Don't kid yourself about any sport at McDonogh and the amount of scholarship dollars that are spent to get kids enrolled and on the field.

It is one of the few MIAA schools that can recruit from far away and board them. With a graduation class of 60-80 boys it is hard to compete against the other MIAA schools with much larger boys graduating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is one of the few MIAA schools that can recruit from far away and board them. With a graduation class of 60-80 boys it is hard to compete against the other MIAA schools with much larger boys graduating.

Sniffle sniffle. Poor McDonogh. The cards are really stacked against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This geico tourney is awesome. I bet GP would beat Bullis easily now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Troll...Prep finished 3rd in it's conference and would probably finish 3rd in WCAC. But hey, Prep is playing tonight for a national championship! So its got that going for it....

But seriously, this shows how strong the DMV is when a team probably not in top 5 can still pull out a win against the pros at IMG....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Troll...Prep finished 3rd in it's conference and would probably finish 3rd in WCAC. But hey, Prep is playing tonight for a national championship! So its got that going for it....

But seriously, this shows how strong the DMV is when a team probably not in top 5 can still pull out a win against the pros at IMG....

And by the way, no schools from New [lacrosse]. No Syracuse teams or Westchester or Long Island. National Champs? Nope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wathe the high school championship game and was wondering how did they pick the teams to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because we are still in school and our County/State playoffs are still going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to pay, you can play. Money grab and Geico getting some advertising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to pay, you can play. Money grab and Geico getting some advertising.

I loved it! I hope it expands in future years to include the top 32 ranked teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inter-AC tourney is getting close to national championship also with all the teams they bring on from across the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And by the way, no schools from New [lacrosse]. No Syracuse teams or Westchester or Long Island. National Champs? Nope.

No MIAA teams either. Not much of a "National" championship without Baltimore or LI teams. Of course a Canadian team was in it so "national" was used kind of loosely anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is going to Calvert Hall from the 2021 FCA team? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 313 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 312 313
Quick Reply