BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 75 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Adelphi

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go BC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go USC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey SB, what are YOU doing next weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is any other sport as easily affected by the officials than women's lacrosse? A penalty can be called or not every 60 seconds!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Same thing as USC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB had approximately 57 fouls! 57!!!!!! That is obviously a coaching strategy. The typical LI thug ball way of playing caught up with them today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hanging out with UNC watching championship weekend on TV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why, are YOU going to be playing? [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB had approximately 57 fouls! 57!!!!!! That is obviously a coaching strategy. The typical LI thug ball way of playing caught up with them today.

Didn't catchup with them - it's what almost won them the game. Obviously irrelevant, but would have won with last year's rules (no shot clock) - up 4 with 12 minutes to go, could have just run the clock out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is any other sport as easily affected by the officials than women's lacrosse? A penalty can be called or not every 60 seconds!

its like harness racing its rigged

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could this be the year a new team wins it? BC & Navy vs past winners MD and maybe Princeton

How do you not cheer for Navy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't catchup with them - it's what almost won them the game. Obviously irrelevant, but would have won with last year's rules (no shot clock) - up 4 with 12 minutes to go, could have just run the clock out.

No but no one els was bragging either, Being up by 4 with 12 minuets left meant nothing even last year because 1:20 later they were only up by 1, and 57 fouls proves that woman lacrosse needs to go to the progressive foul system, five and out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And watching the game, the officiating was a joke the last 5 minutes (my bias side speaking).
That being said, SB should be proud of themselves. Taking the #1 team to a 1 goal game. Would have been nice if SB wasn't the 8 seed and this game would have been in the final four. MD will not have a close game the rest of the way to their title.
You have to give MD all the credit, the way they came back, it was a classic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the fouls were shooting space and 3 sec. game wasn't that physical. Refs were very involved. What a game tho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Told you they'd choke when it counts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Progressive fouls system PLEASE!!!!!

Terrible to watch, so choppy and completely arbitrary with very little consistency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing to undefeated #1 team in the country who hasn't lost at home in four years is choking lololol if that true wonder what you would use to describe yourself My daughter plays at Hofstra and I wanted maryland to win. But that isn't choking. People like you make this board unreadable sometimes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing to undefeated #1 team in the country who hasn't lost at home in four years is choking lololol if that true wonder what you would use to describe yourself My daughter plays at Hofstra and I wanted maryland to win. But that isn't choking. People like you make this board unreadable sometimes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winners go on, losers go home, bottom line, Looks like JS MLL team is going down as well. When you treat people like crap....all I have to say is....Karma

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winners go on, losers go home, bottom line, Looks like JS MLL team is going down as well. When you treat people like crap....all I have to say is....Karma

Touche'. And, the SB fans can't seem to understand that there are rules to the game of lacrosse. Here's a tip, SB-fan...Not every call against SB is a bad call. When you continually use the 3-second violation as a reset, it's gonna get called when the refs see it. You don't always get to play thug ball and LI ball. Sometimes you have to play by the rules. Get over it. You lost. Get a coach who isn't a whiner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If losing to undefeated clear cut #1maryland by one in the final minute is "karma" then I need some of that lol Was a great game. My belief is maryland wins it all now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If losing to undefeated clear cut #1maryland by one in the final minute is "karma" then I need some of that lol Was a great game. My belief is maryland wins it all now

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Stony Brook game plan was to slow game down with fouls (58). Maryland not great at free positions (2-11) while SB only had three (0-3). They lost by one and it was a great effort. It was an ugly affair and one has to think if this is the ceiling for Stony Brook. If they need to play this way to beat a quality team then it is the ceiling. I was watching with folks with no team in play and they did not like the style of play.

For those complaining about the 8 seed write your governor. Without the ban you are in the seven seed and on a different path. Liberal politics affected your team. Welcome to NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said Kylie Ohlmiller, after today's game: “I think people who watched this game knew who the better team was. That’s us. It just didn’t go our way in the end." And, JS's post-game comments: “I’d rather talk about our women, how proud I am of them. I’m not going to talk about the fact that we had five yellow cards. I don’t want to talk about the fact that we had 58 fouls and they had 15. I don’t want to talk about the fact that they had 732 free positions and we had three. I’d rather not talk about it. That would be really cool if one of you (the media) talked about it. I want to talk about how my kids played their hearts out and took this program to a different level.” Typical LI attitude. You guys always have an excuse when you get beaten. The reason you got called for 58 fouls is because you probably fouled 55 of those times, most of them of the 3-second variety. It's part of the defensive scheme. Same with the FP's. If you play an overly-aggressive defensive style and you hack someone inside the 8 meter, the result is a FP for the other team (For those of us outside of LI, we call it the "LI way". If you can't play the game right, hack 'em). Either change your style or quit bitching, and compliment the other team that you just lost to. It's called respect. Grow up J.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocked with the thumping usc was handed by Boston College. Thought that would be a closer game. How did they score 20 on that defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said Kylie Ohlmiller, after today's game: “I think people who watched this game knew who the better team was. That’s us. It just didn’t go our way in the end." And, JS's post-game comments: “I’d rather talk about our women, how proud I am of them. I’m not going to talk about the fact that we had five yellow cards. I don’t want to talk about the fact that we had 58 fouls and they had 15. I don’t want to talk about the fact that they had 732 free positions and we had three. I’d rather not talk about it. That would be really cool if one of you (the media) talked about it. I want to talk about how my kids played their hearts out and took this program to a different level.” Typical LI attitude. You guys always have an excuse when you get beaten. The reason you got called for 58 fouls is because you probably fouled 55 of those times, most of them of the 3-second variety. It's part of the defensive scheme. Same with the FP's. If you play an overly-aggressive defensive style and you hack someone inside the 8 meter, the result is a FP for the other team (For those of us outside of LI, we call it the "LI way". If you can't play the game right, hack 'em). Either change your style or quit bitching, and compliment the other team that you just lost to. It's called respect. Grow up J.

I actually heard the audio of post game and opening statement was praise of coach Reese and Maryland. He was then asked on a few occasions about the refereeing and after the third question that was his reply. Regardless could of been handled better but after a tough loss with crying seniors I get it. the audio was on USB radio. As a bystander I think the sb number of fouls with three seconds and shooting space is in the ball park even tho there were a few that raised eyebrows. But marylands low number was almost ten less than their average and with teams playing that hard that seems off. Regardless it was a great game tip my cap to SB and their rise in the sport. Think the sport needs these type of things
Thoughts on our next opponent. Princeton or State. Think I prefer Princeton but we shall see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Navy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Touche'. And, the SB fans can't seem to understand that there are rules to the game of lacrosse. Here's a tip, SB-fan...Not every call against SB is a bad call. When you continually use the 3-second violation as a reset, it's gonna get called when the refs see it. You don't always get to play thug ball and LI ball. Sometimes you have to play by the rules. Get over it. You lost. Get a coach who isn't a whiner.

Stop with the thug ball already. So overused.

but I will say this; when a basketball coach deliberately fouls the worse free throw shooter on the opposing team, the coach usually doesn't complain about the number of fouls called against his team.

SB's strategy was to play very aggressively and force free positions.

A lot of calls against you is the consequence of that strategy.

Nothing to do with officials. The strategy got SB so close, but in the end it failed.

Congrats to SB players. Terrific game and they should be proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB, UNC both victims of the new shot clock rule, last year both of those games would have been won easily via the stall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB, UNC both victims of the new shot clock rule, last year both of those games would have been won easily via the stall
Again , SB was not a victim of the clock!!!! With more than 10 minuets left on the game clock UMD was able to score 3 goals in 1:20 while SB was trying to eat clock. Make any excuse you want but Maryland was the better team that day. they kept there heads and won a very tight game. SB crammed the 8 and tried to cut off the center of the field , and it almost worked. The by-product of that strategy is they got called for more 3 second violations than I have seen in 3 years. But those 3 second calls were legitimate. You can't devise a defensive strategy that brakes a rule , and then blame the officials for calling the rule. Reese was able to make the adjustment to beat a pretty good game plan, but you need to look at your coach for not adapting to the game as it was called in the first half, he continued the same game plan after 30+ fouls in the first half, thats good scouting pre game.... bad coaching in game. Spallina lost that game because he could not adapt, where as Reese could, thats the difference between a champion and a wanna' be. Even if it is true that SB lost because of the shot clock, that exposes JS as a coach that can't adapt to a game time situation..... let alone a year long rule change with 2 years to adapt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please stop!
We from LI play tournaments in MD since the girls are in 6th grade.
Never the other way around!These two teams have players from those teams that would meet in the finals all the time growing up. You parents know what I mean.
1 stop nobody wants to lose. Always good winners..
2 it was very quiet during the game when Stony Brook was giving them a game.
3 be honest.... what a game
4 did anybody see a charge yesterday?
I always tell my teams not to let the
Refs beat you.
As a ref told me nobody should know I refed the game(know what I mean)
Always fun to watch a great lacrosse game. Hats off to the goalies!
Still comes down to the draw and ground balls!!!!
You can't play defense in women's lacrosse.
Great game SB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again , SB was not a victim of the clock!!!! With more than 10 minuets left on the game clock UMD was able to score 3 goals in 1:20 while SB was trying to eat clock. Make any excuse you want but Maryland was the better team that day. they kept there heads and won a very tight game. SB crammed the 8 and tried to cut off the center of the field , and it almost worked. The by-product of that strategy is they got called for more 3 second violations than I have seen in 3 years. But those 3 second calls were legitimate. You can't devise a defensive strategy that brakes a rule , and then blame the officials for calling the rule. Reese was able to make the adjustment to beat a pretty good game plan, but you need to look at your coach for not adapting to the game as it was called in the first half, he continued the same game plan after 30+ fouls in the first half, thats good scouting pre game.... bad coaching in game. Spallina lost that game because he could not adapt, where as Reese could, thats the difference between a champion and a wanna' be. Even if it is true that SB lost because of the shot clock, that exposes JS as a coach that can't adapt to a game time situation..... let alone a year long rule change with 2 years to adapt.
c

All that sounds fine except if you read what Reese said she didn't go in the huddle down 4 goals because it was "their team". So perhaps she was getting in the way of our players. She had nothing to say. Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC had 5 Yellow Cards. #23 got two and finished her Senior campaign on the bench watching her team lose to a Navy. No one seems upset with Tar Heels ?!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

All that sounds fine except if you read what Reese said she didn't go in the huddle down 4 goals because it was "their team". So perhaps she was getting in the way of our players. She had nothing to say. Wow

Interesting how she also said her team had not dealt with much adversity all year yet one of the only times they did she turned her back on them hmmmm so basically one of the few times she had to coach she detached herself from her team?!
Again this is not made up this based on her post game comments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Interesting how she also said her team had not dealt with much adversity all year yet one of the only times they did she turned her back on them hmmmm so basically one of the few times she had to coach she detached herself from her team?!
Again this is not made up this based on her post game comments
maybe both of you should reread the article, she said when she took the time out when they were down by 4 she addressed her team, 1:20 seconds later after they scored 3 goals and SB took a time out she told her team that she has said everything she needed to say during the first time out and left it up to her senior captains during the second time out. Sounds like you all either have selective memories, or reading comprehension issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC had 5 Yellow Cards. #23 got two and finished her Senior campaign on the bench watching her team lose to a Navy. No one seems upset with Tar Heels ?!!!

Low character edition of Carolina this year. 23 is a bulked up borderline thug that throws her body around and a great example of how the game has changed and is a lot less fun to watch. Clearly ESPN feels the same way. Remember just a few years ago we could turn on the TV and watch in high def??? Now it's streaming over the laptop at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low character edition of Carolina this year. 23 is a bulked up borderline thug that throws her body around and a great example of how the game has changed and is a lot less fun to watch. Clearly ESPN feels the same way. Remember just a few years ago we could turn on the TV and watch in high def??? Now it's streaming over the laptop at best.

23 on UNC wasn't even trying to hide it. Running around completely out of control

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody watches and nobody cares except family, friends and the next group of parents trying to get their kids recruited. I'm not a fan of the thug ball label but the inconsistency of calls, the lack of charges and no progressive foul system makes the game too choppy and almost unwatchable unless your daughter is playing. And when helmets are mandated, just look towards coaches like Mr. Spallina because his successful foul orientated type of play will be the cause of them.

Think back to hockey when the Devils destroyed the game with the neutral zone trap. Hockey took out the 2 line pass to correct. Well if you are going to hack 60 times a game, others will copy helmets will come and hopefully a progressive foul system will follow

Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a moron .You are the type of person that calls any female athlete who plays the game hard a "thug" or a female athlete who is not built like a ballerina "bulked up". My guess is your wife has probably kicked your butt a few times so you just hate all women in general. ESPN has had that player in their top 10 plays a few times so your theory is about as smart as you are .

Page 62 of 75 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard