BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why have a PAL "A" team when there is no longer an A division? PAL did a two year experiment a few years back to combat this and said fine, if you are going to field an A team then you have to play in the Select division. Funny thing was, a bunch of towns that had an A team didn't play in that Select division, they trolled in the 2nd division. Because of this they abandoned the Select division. So now your mighty A team probably romps the three manhasset, three Gc etc. teams that are split evenly and still play in the top division. Whats the point of that? (the towns that supported that select division were WM, WI, SWR, CSH, GC, Manhasset, LV and Northport Massapequa). Long Beach, Farmingdale and some other towns with only 1 team or A teams hid in D2...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why have a PAL "A" team when there is no longer an A division? PAL did a two year experiment a few years back to combat this and said fine, if you are going to field an A team then you have to play in the Select division. Funny thing was, a bunch of towns that had an A team didn't play in that Select division, they trolled in the 2nd division. Because of this they abandoned the Select division. So now your mighty A team probably romps the three manhasset, three Gc etc. teams that are split evenly and still play in the top division. Whats the point of that? (the towns that supported that select division were WM, WI, SWR, CSH, GC, Manhasset, LV and Northport Massapequa). Long Beach, Farmingdale and some other towns with only 1 team or A teams hid in D2...

What age group are we talking about here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL did this for 5th and 6th grade for 22,21,20 age groups but then reverted back to its current state across the board--most towns put forth equal teams, but then the few that have an A team like 3vil rip through PAL... Pal was attempting to put a structure forth to accomodate those that felt they just had to have an A team but ultimately it wasn't supported enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL did this for 5th and 6th grade for 22,21,20 age groups but then reverted back to its current state across the board--most towns put forth equal teams, but then the few that have an A team like 3vil rip through PAL... Pal was attempting to put a structure forth to accomodate those that felt they just had to have an A team but ultimately it wasn't supported enough.

Who HAS to have an A team?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So are there different divisions? If there is no longer an A, is there still a B and C?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a Select division for teams that put forth an A team (determined via tryout). Now its masked Div 1,2,3,4 but not a specific division for town select teams.

No one HAS to have an A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did I miss something or are you guys making assumptions about 3V?

3rd Grade A Div: 3V is 2-4
4th Grade A Div: 3V is 1-4
5th Grade A Div: No team in Suffolk. They thunk they're special.
6th Grade A Div: 3V is 2-1-2
7-8th Grade A Div: 3V is 4-2

Does that sound like a town that's ripping through PAL? They are average to below average on every level when compared to other A division teams.

They are not sandbagging or trying to beat up on anyone. You're all nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a Select division for teams that put forth an A team (determined via tryout). Now its masked Div 1,2,3,4 but not a specific division for town select teams.

No one HAS to have an A team.

Well the post above states the following, and I quote: "Pal was attempting to put a structure forth to accomodate those that felt they just had to have an A team but ultimately it wasn't supported enough" So the question remains, who has to have an A team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But I thought Three Village was a top level "travel" team that could compete with the clubs? Guess that dispels that myth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know the towns listed ALL supported a Select division or you are speculating?? I am skeptical of my town town's participation in that considering my son is in the age groups mentioned, and their PAL teams were never consistently beating up on anybody before, during , or after this (I don't remember them ever being much above .500), and we never had multiple teams at these age groups (or any others, for that matter).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be nice to have a True A division and play island wide for boys and girls. Most people drive all summer long up and down the East Coast to play the same teams. PAL in Nassau and Suffolk could get enough teams to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be nice to have a True A division and play island wide for boys and girls. Most people drive all summer long up and down the East Coast to play the same teams. PAL in Nassau and Suffolk could get enough teams to do it.

Yup, this way you get to save 2200 bucks. And the high school coach can drive the bus. And the trainer would be there to break down the game. And the certified qualified coach would be fully immersed. Stop being cheap and play club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, this way you get to save 2200 bucks. And the high school coach can drive the bus. And the trainer would be there to break down the game. And the certified qualified coach would be fully immersed. Stop being cheap and play club.

The True A Division? It doesn't exist because the skill levels and talent pools in different towns and school districts are all over the map. Some of these teams would be loaded with club kids, some not as many. I second the sentiment of the poster above, Stop being so cheap and play club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we create a league, make it all inclusive to keep our kids off the street and doing something positive. How about we ensure that the kids have an enjoyable experience and we make it about FUN and not necessarily about winning. Wait a minute......that's PAL. Hmmmmmm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we create a league, make it all inclusive to keep our kids off the street and doing something positive. How about we ensure that the kids have an enjoyable experience and we make it about FUN and not necessarily about winning. Wait a minute......that's PAL. Hmmmmmm.

Keep our kids off the street? Where do we live? Compton? Not a lot of kids playing lacrosse that their alternative would be in a gang.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone think something like Casey Powell's Speed Lacrosse will ever become a thing on LI? Looks like it's branded to more beginners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24
Does anyone think something like Casey Powell's Speed Lacrosse will ever become a thing on LI? Looks like it's branded to more beginners.

My son played it and raved about how much fun he had running and gunning . He also loves box and there are sure similarities I hope it catches on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My son played it and raved about how much fun he had running and gunning . He also loves box and there are sure similarities I hope it catches on.

I like the no coach / parents rule. Was that enforced / complied with?

"No Coaches - The Official Court Guard will enforce the rules and coach both teams when needed. All parents shall refrain from screaming at anyone or be subject to removal."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep our kids off the street? Where do we live? Compton? Not a lot of kids playing lacrosse that their alternative would be in a gang.

Yup, because heroin is NOT a problem in Long Island. Must be pretty deep hole in the ground you bury your head in friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments this weekend?

Blatant Spring Jam
A division is Igloo A, Outlaws Select, Tornadoes and SYAG Select
B division is Express Hedstrom and White, Igloo b, 3V Gold, Brooklyn Crescents, Bombers East End, Force and Outlaws Gold.

Should be a fun day of lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"No Coaches - The Official Court Guard will enforce the rules and coach both teams when needed. All parents shall refrain from screaming at anyone or be subject to removal."

Funny that you mention that because rather than get ejected, I left him there and went and had a quiet cup of coffee!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad Syag moved to A. They deserve it

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Funny that you mention that because rather than get ejected, I left him there and went and had a quiet cup of coffee!!!!!

If my son does this I'm going to bring binoculars and fit him with an earpiece. :-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speed lacrosse is awesome. Long Island is run by Tim Byrnes a Cuse All American from Baldwin. Took my son and he had a great time playing with all different ranges and boys and girls. So much more touches for every kid plus no equipment to worry about. Starting to do variations of this for my PAL and already getting more kids than we ever had

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Speed lacrosse is awesome. Long Island is run by Tim Byrnes a Cuse All American from Baldwin. Took my son and he had a great time playing with all different ranges and boys and girls. So much more touches for every kid plus no equipment to worry about. Starting to do variations of this for my PAL and already getting more kids than we ever had

Good to know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HVLAX has a big meeting we're going to tonight. The whole program is a sh*t show. Horrible culture and the town has suffered because of this. Can't wait to rip into the board for screwing up the development of the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HVLAX has a big meeting we're going to tonight. The whole program is a sh*t show. Horrible culture and the town has suffered because of this. Can't wait to rip into the board for screwing up the development of the boys.

Remember this: "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. " What will you do for your program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the individuals we have coaching here in Huntington, NOT the board. Some bad eggs in the ranks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember this: "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. " What will you do for your program?

Burn it down. Restart with a real leadership team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Burn it down. Restart with a real leadership team.

Will you be part of that team? Will you grab a whistle and a clip board? What contribution will you offer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JR does a great job for HVLax . You have a great program. Never heard anything negative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of a summer league for town teams? Eastern/central-east Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, it's for all the soccer kids that can't play lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of a summer league for town teams? Eastern/central-east Suffolk?

My son played at East Islip Marina and Tanner park in Copiague a couple years ago. Both nice places and no real issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip Summer League is looking for teams. They play down by the marina

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the fat [lacrosse] looser that couldn't run a half lap around the field but wears all the lax gear and yells on the side line. A1/4 of my kids, including mine,play travel. Was looking to keep the stick in the other kids hands and grow the team. My son likes playing lax with his friends and want to provide an affordable program that might spark a 3rd graders interest in the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Does anyone have contact info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the weather is nice I guess we will start seeing the shoeless coach again😜Hopefully his assistants don't get thrown out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the weather is nice I guess we will start seeing the shoeless coach again😜Hopefully his assistants don't get thrown out

Let me guess So your team got beat and he made you look like a fool.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 32 1 2 28 29 30 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard