Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,270
Posts346,696
Members2,493
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 111 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does not add up for me is the 5 years of HS lacrosse rule - more then a few kids have played JV or Varsity in 8th grade at their public HS and then went to Cham or ST A's for four years of lacrosse. Also I believe there is a freshman on St. A's right now that played varsity last year for Bayshore and Varsity for St A's this year, will he be ineligible his senior year?

As for today's game, just let the kids play, if it is a forfeit nobody will care after the fact, just let them finish their season and in many cases their careers.

Just MHO

The "5 year rule" is in effect once you enter HS. A 8th grader that is moved up does not count towards the 5 yer rule. It is when you start HS.


Thank you, now it makes sense and it is a good rule for obvious reasons although from the looks of it the decision to repeat had nothing to do with athletics - I will stand by my second point - let them play the game.


The league rules are black and white on this - if you don't follow those rules, why have them??

Exactly right. While we all feel bad for the other players, they knew as well. Everyone there knew. It is not surprising that this is the culture. This is exactly what is happening in lacrosse, everyone does what they want, whether it negatively impacts other families or not. So, I would say to stop whining about it because after all....they are only following the rules, right?

You are making a lot of assumptions about a situation you obviously know nothing about.

The other players did not know. This is not the culture. This was an oversight by the AD who should have been aware of the situation.

Given the talent pool, the coaches certainly do not have to break the rules and risk the season to field a competitive team. The rules were violated and the consequences are clear. This was not a case of malicious intent but rather ignorance and incompetence.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So much for the Catholic ethics! What a disgrace! Coach should be fired. Brought shame on the school and lacrosse program.


Let's not forget the fact that when St. Anthony's varsity lacrosse lost to Chaminade earlier this season, several St. Anthony's players urinated all over the visiting locker room at Chaminade. One of them subsequently bragged about it on social media.


This is a much bigger deal than the eligibility issue.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone tell me why again a kid would want to go to a Catholic school? Rediculous! I would be calling my lawyer right about now if my son attended.


I'm guessing to learn how to spell RIDICULOUS. Also to learn how to handle adversity without calling an attorney. Proper grammar would be up there as well. Get the hint there my IQ challenged friend.


TKO! laugh



Hahaha, the jokes on you! Sent your kid to private shool because you thought the grass would be greener. Spent all that money to find out that the school is incompetent. My son is getting ready to play for a real HS championship while your son's memories of HS lax are a colossal disappointment.


If he loses will you call your REDICULOUS attorney? A$$ hat, my kid goes to public too. But reading your comment I was embarrassed for you. Let me guess, Syosset? Or Port? REDICULOUS!!!!!



Keep Syosset out of this toolbox. No dog in the fight. This is a terrible situation for many kids and families, especially the seniors.

Game should be played even if only as a "scrimmage."

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard self reported right before Chaminade Championship game for a reason. Catch my drift.... they will try to hold the trophey and call it "Forfeit"

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not understand why a SA kid is repeating a grade. If he was failing, how was he able to stay at SA? I thought, and I could be wrong, that if you don't pass, they send you back to public school. Did they make him repeat 10th grade at SA and not send him back to public so they could keep him on the team?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not understand why a SA kid is repeating a grade. If he was failing, how was he able to stay at SA? I thought, and I could be wrong, that if you don't pass, they send you back to public school. Did they make him repeat 10th grade at SA and not send him back to public so they could keep him on the team?


I thought I saw another post (maybe in the Boys HS forum) where someone corrected the record to say he did not repeat 10th grade at St A, but that he attended 9th grade in public, repeated 9th at St A,, and then progressed through his next three years at St A as appropriate.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone tell me why again a kid would want to go to a Catholic school? Rediculous! I would be calling my lawyer right about now if my son attended.


I'm guessing to learn how to spell RIDICULOUS. Also to learn how to handle adversity without calling an attorney. Proper grammar would be up there as well. Get the hint there my IQ challenged friend.


TKO! laugh



Hahaha, the jokes on you! Sent your kid to private shool because you thought the grass would be greener. Spent all that money to find out that the school is incompetent. My son is getting ready to play for a real HS championship while your son's memories of HS lax are a colossal disappointment.


If he loses will you call your REDICULOUS attorney? A$$ hat, my kid goes to public too. But reading your comment I was embarrassed for you. Let me guess, Syosset? Or Port? REDICULOUS!!!!!


Its funny that you try and bring Syosset and Port into this. This is a administration issue within a Catholic school system that has shown to be so flawed. I dont know how an attorney will solve any issue. Its a game that wont be played. The issue is with this year and this particular players eligibility. How could the schools administration and coaches not be aware of the situation. As a matter of fact how could the parents and player not be aware of the infraction. I find it hard to believe they waited till the last game to report it. Something smells a bit fishy here.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not understand why a SA kid is repeating a grade. If he was failing, how was he able to stay at SA? I thought, and I could be wrong, that if you don't pass, they send you back to public school. Did they make him repeat 10th grade at SA and not send him back to public so they could keep him on the team?


I thought I saw another post (maybe in the Boys HS forum) where someone corrected the record to say he did not repeat 10th grade at St A, but that he attended 9th grade in public, repeated 9th at St A,, and then progressed through his next three years at St A as appropriate.



brought from Boys HS site>

Let me get this straight ... this player finished 7th grade and the following school year went to 9th grade in Saint Anthony's. Finished 9th grade and went on to 10th grade. So at this point this player repeats 10th grade, which would now bring him back in the grade he should have been in and continues on that track to this year's graduation. Understood he played all 5 years in but there are plenty of long island players who play varsity in 8th grade and will end up playing 5 years of high school ball. He seems to be of age for a varsity player...not a hold back....plus he skipped 8th grade. Lets move on!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard self reported right before Chaminade Championship game for a reason. Catch my drift.... they will try to hold the trophey and call it "Forfeit"


That makes sense! Forfeit the season so you don't lose the championship! Catch my drift

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.




NOT FROM SYOSSET.

Clear enough A-Hole???

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, forfeit the crappy season get it off the books and don't have an "official" championship loss. Catch my drift.... typical

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, they are very classy those St. Anthony's boys. And smart too.... bragging about it on social media! Genius!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing a sport at St Anthony's is tougher than making a lot of college teams. And when your program is that strong and expected to win, rules are bent just like they are in college. Lots of money and bragging rights at stake. St Anthony's has a lot of kids on scholarship that don't belong and why do you think that is....?

Just win baby!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice try....sure that post was from st ants. person.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.




NOT FROM SYOSSET.

Clear enough A-Hole???


Methinks thou doth protest too much! Thanks Brave, so predictable. Why the question marks though? Are you asking a question?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While no one knows all the ins and outs of the sitution
Seems like this was a bad idea from jump street
Having child skip 8th grade
It would seem to make that type of move he would have to be very gifted in the classroom ?
But to then repeat a grade a few years later
Hopefully just a oversight as pointed out above
But sure seems like more to the story

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing a sport at St Anthony's is tougher than making a lot of college teams. And when your program is that strong and expected to win, rules are bent just like they are in college. Lots of money and bragging rights at stake. St Anthony's has a lot of kids on scholarship that don't belong and why do you think that is....?

Just win baby!


"Harder than College teams""?? Really? You've got to stop smoking that crack! St A and Cham no different than any other good LI HS program. None of them compare to a college team.




Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
Joined: Jun 2011
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.




NOT FROM SYOSSET.

Clear enough A-Hole???


Methinks thou doth protest too much! Thanks Brave, so predictable. Why the question marks though? Are you asking a question?


Whatever you say pal.

Continue living in your alternative universe Snowflake.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Newsday is reporting that the coach self reported, seems they did the right thing. It is unfortunate but the rules were enforced. Coach W, who I do not know seems like an honest enough fellow.


haha.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......


Jr. Flyers bested the Sr. Flyers today in a scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing a sport at St Anthony's is tougher than making a lot of college teams. And when your program is that strong and expected to win, rules are bent just like they are in college. Lots of money and bragging rights at stake. St Anthony's has a lot of kids on scholarship that don't belong and why do you think that is....?

Just win baby!


"Harder than College teams""?? Really? You've got to stop smoking that crack! St A and Cham no different than any other good LI HS program. None of them compare to a college team.


If you don't think securing a roster spot at ST A's is harder than most D3 teams then you haven't been through the process. I'm not saying its better lacrosse but it is harder to get on the roster

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing a sport at St Anthony's is tougher than making a lot of college teams. And when your program is that strong and expected to win, rules are bent just like they are in college. Lots of money and bragging rights at stake. St Anthony's has a lot of kids on scholarship that don't belong and why do you think that is....?

Just win baby!


"Harder than College teams""?? Really? You've got to stop smoking that crack! St A and Cham no different than any other good LI HS program. None of them compare to a college team.


If you don't think securing a roster spot at ST A's is harder than most D3 teams then you haven't been through the process. I'm not saying its better lacrosse but it is harder to get on the roster


It's not that hard...

Just need to make a series of charitable contributions to the LI Express organization. Oh, and pay that St. Anthony's tuition.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......


Jr. Flyers bested the Sr. Flyers today in a scrimmage.


Yes by 1 goal fun game for all 1 team 1 goal

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the st a parent who blew the whistle. Anyone who thinks otherwise is quite naive. When people wake up from the st a / x press coma after their wallet has been fleeced it's a true moment of clarity. Good for u sta fed up parent. Break the circle people . If u listen to fools, the mob rules.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.




NOT FROM SYOSSET.

Clear enough A-Hole???


Methinks thou doth protest too much! Thanks Brave, so predictable. Why the question marks though? Are you asking a question?


Whatever you say pal.

Continue living in your alternative universe Snowflake.


Says the sissy who wanted to sue the school over a game, alternate universe? Thanks Syosset dad! Keep proving my point, pretty sure the dude who wants to sue a high school is viewed as a complete deuche, by everyone. [lacrosse]hole

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......


Jr. Flyers bested the Sr. Flyers today in a scrimmage.


Yes by 1 goal fun game for all 1 team 1 goal


The Chaminade juniors would be embarrassed if they found out out Dad was bragging about winning a casual pick up game...

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......


Jr. Flyers bested the Sr. Flyers today in a scrimmage.


Yes by 1 goal fun game for all 1 team 1 goal


No one, and I mean no one cares anywhere about a silly scrimmage. But I responded so I guess I'm the dope!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade would have gotten their rear ends handed to them in Championship game. That's why they turned kid in.

Guess you were not at the April 5th game.......


Jr. Flyers bested the Sr. Flyers today in a scrimmage.


Yeah Dad! It was epic!! ...no refs, no clock, no coaches...no care.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone suggested a charity fund raiser game...
but, who else, gets the sense that Coaches, simply don't care enough, to go out of their way and make it happen?

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at last night's SHA - St. Ant's game title game at Adelphi, Friars boys paraded past the SHA bleacher student section and parent section yelling, "Shut up you SHA [lacrosse]----."

Classy, very classy.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A's is like Florida State

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
at last night's SHA - St. Ant's game title game at Adelphi, Friars boys paraded past the SHA bleacher student section and parent section yelling, "Shut up you SHA [lacrosse]----."

Classy, very classy.

That did NOT happen!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't see REDICULOUS guy stating he's NOT from Syosset or Port, therefore I believe the original assumption to be factual.




NOT FROM SYOSSET.

Clear enough A-Hole???


Methinks thou doth protest too much! Thanks Brave, so predictable. Why the question marks though? Are you asking a question?


Whatever you say pal.

Continue living in your alternative universe Snowflake.


Says the sissy who wanted to sue the school over a game, alternate universe? Thanks Syosset dad! Keep proving my point, pretty sure the dude who wants to sue a high school is viewed as a complete deuche, by everyone. [lacrosse]hole


Definitely not a Syosset Dad. Syosset dads are thinking about the playoff's, not posting on BOTC or planning their summer beach plans like SA Dads.

Have a nice summer fool.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
at last night's SHA - St. Ant's game title game at Adelphi, Friars boys paraded past the SHA bleacher student section and parent section yelling, "Shut up you SHA [lacrosse]----."

Classy, very classy.



Doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes it did. Kid wearing a SA #22 jersey. Looking at his size , it probably happened near snack bar

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let's not forget about the hillbilly in the Cavs jersey in bare feat.
He was a real class act!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you also doubt that the St. Anthonys Varsity team urinated on the floor of the flyers locker room after the game? Wake up parents, ALL OF OUR schools everywhere, have kids making bad choices but instead of doubting it , ask your children. As parents this is the time/opportunity to discourage poor behavior before we send them off to college. I for one use all of these horrible college stories to talk to my son, about excessive drinking, drugs, being a good person, friend, making right choices. They are becoming adults and its no longer oh boys will be boys! Its putting as much into our kids being good people, not just good lacrosse players. Why do people think that they don't need to check in with 16/17 year old kids? Talk to them, discuss their friends, try to make sure they are safe and helping others be safe and yes they can still have great times.

Like Reply Quote
Page 88 of 111 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4