BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 111 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... what kind of a self righteous sanction, on the high school level, decides the best punishment is to pull a championship game right out from underneath, over 80 players looking forward, to perhaps their last HS Game? ... GREAT FAIL ALL ROUND.

Does anyone know exactly who were the bone head decision makers?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
with everyone knowing who's who in the lacrosse world, why is this only coming up now? Who reported it and why now?

Embarrassing timeline... why now?? How did they manage to get in the St Dom's and St John's game after the fact?? Forget the kid... This is St Anthony's Cowardly way to avoid the 2nd Chaminade blow out... They avoided the 3rd by canceling the long standing 3 game annual series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? You're gonna trash the kids at SA!! They and their parents are very upset. These kids worked hard all season and wanted to play today. It's the administrations fault. Not the players. Some adults really need to grow up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for the Catholic ethics! What a disgrace! Coach should be fired. Brought shame on the school and lacrosse program.

Let's not forget the fact that when St. Anthony's varsity lacrosse lost to Chaminade earlier this season, several St. Anthony's players urinated all over the visiting locker room at Chaminade. One of them subsequently bragged about it on social media.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me why again a kid would want to go to a Catholic school? Rediculous! I would be calling my lawyer right about now if my son attended.

I'm guessing to learn how to spell RIDICULOUS. Also to learn how to handle adversity without calling an attorney. Proper grammar would be up there as well. Get the hint there my IQ challenged friend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great reply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey -- SHA girls play St Ant's at 7 pm for the title at Adelphi. Chaminade men welcome to root for the Lady Spartans, #1 seed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very confused SA turned themselves in. Why not suspend the player, play the game then get the punishment from the league. no league turns a ruling around that quick. Or has this been in the works and,no coming to light what is the timeline here.

And again why. Isn't championship game being played. It should be Chaminade vs who ever is now the #2 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they only "turned themselves in" because someone threatened to drop a dime first. It is inconceivable that St Ant's coaches didn't know this kid's player history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does not add up for me is the 5 years of HS lacrosse rule - more then a few kids have played JV or Varsity in 8th grade at their public HS and then went to Cham or ST A's for four years of lacrosse. Also I believe there is a freshman on St. A's right now that played varsity last year for Bayshore and Varsity for St A's this year, will he be ineligible his senior year?

As for today's game, just let the kids play, if it is a forfeit nobody will care after the fact, just let them finish their season and in many cases their careers.

Just MHO

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very confused SA turned themselves in. Why not suspend the player, play the game then get the punishment from the league. no league turns a ruling around that quick. Or has this been in the works and,no coming to light what is the timeline here.

And again why. Isn't championship game being played. It should be Chaminade vs who ever is now the #2 team.

Please stop showing your ignorance. There are only 2 teams in Triple A. Technically either team could lose every game during the season and still be playing for the championship. Maybe not the best arrangement but that's how the leagues are set-up. As far as all the drama....like everything else totally overhyped..... Its high school lacrosse!!!! Like a previous poster stated play out the games. This was an admin mistake. So what.....its high school lacrosse!!!! The kid skipped 8th grade and repeated 10th. That's a big deal?? (sarcastic).....its high school lacrosse!!! Finally.....I guess if you want to cheat..... hold kid back before kindergarten, repeat 8th grade so your 2 years older then attend school. That is ok ?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with everyone knowing who's who in the lacrosse world, why is this only coming up now? Who reported it and why now?

Embarrassing timeline... why now?? How did they manage to get in the St Dom's and St John's game after the fact?? Forget the kid... This is St Anthony's Cowardly way to avoid the 2nd Chaminade blow out... They avoided the 3rd by canceling the long standing 3 game annual series.

Yes...your right...you must be a top notch gumshoe. Hmmmm ...no a better jacka$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, flyers should play whom ever came in 3rd (now 2nd place since St.A's vacated all wins.

League really had no choice but to be harsh in their ruling, otherwise, this crap would continue!

I would really feel bad if the kid had no idea he did something wrong, letting his team down like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches absolutely knew. You don't go to St Anthonys and play lacrosse without the coaches knowing who you are especially since the kid probably played Express as well. But who does 10th grade twice. I guess you have to say since the coaches are new they did not know all the rules oh wait they have been there for ever and do what ever they want. Admin finally stepped up but now finish the job and send a message. Someone needs to be fired and not some poor asst. Cancelling the game although hurts many Maybe this was the last straw for the admin. since they were also aware of the locker room stuff from game at Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to figure that with all the emphasis that Saint A's puts on competitive athletics, things like this are bound to happen.
With all the kids that go there just for sports, that more than a few will turn-out to be trouble for the programs there. Just look at the 9th grade girls lax player who was shown the door last semester. She was actively pursued by the school with her baggage.
Agreed, any coach worth his sideline attire would have known that the kid had played all these years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me why again a kid would want to go to a Catholic school? Rediculous! I would be calling my lawyer right about now if my son attended.

I'm guessing to learn how to spell RIDICULOUS. Also to learn how to handle adversity without calling an attorney. Proper grammar would be up there as well. Get the hint there my IQ challenged friend.

TKO! laugh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What does not add up for me is the 5 years of HS lacrosse rule - more then a few kids have played JV or Varsity in 8th grade at their public HS and then went to Cham or ST A's for four years of lacrosse. Also I believe there is a freshman on St. A's right now that played varsity last year for Bayshore and Varsity for St A's this year, will he be ineligible his senior year?

As for today's game, just let the kids play, if it is a forfeit nobody will care after the fact, just let them finish their season and in many cases their careers.

Just MHO

The "5 year rule" is in effect once you enter HS. A 8th grader that is moved up does not count towards the 5 yer rule. It is when you start HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly my thinking. People who want a Catholic education would not think to first call their lawyer. That is one of the reasons why I pay to send my kids to an environment where they are not with people like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is The Catholic League's voice of reason here??
...The punishment was accepted without any investigation... little, or no regard, to the their thoughtless sanction impact on Seniors (on both sides) who were robbed on the memory of last game... (many posters may not remember your last HS gm, if it wasn't for the Championship)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weizorick and Channy should recuse themselves from the UA event that they are involved with. They cheat, period. Channy and a Keith have had kids from the Express team who go to school in the city involved with his St Anthony's practices. Totally inappropriate!! They can't help themselves and just like with this issue; they will run a corrupt UA tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TKO! laugh

Hahaha, the jokes on you! Sent your kid to private shool because you thought the grass would be greener. Spent all that money to find out that the school is incompetent. My son is getting ready to play for a real HS championship while your son's memories of HS lax are a colossal disappointment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches absolutely knew. You don't go to St Anthonys and play lacrosse without the coaches knowing who you are especially since the kid probably played Express as well. But who does 10th grade twice. I guess you have to say since the coaches are new they did not know all the rules oh wait they have been there for ever and do what ever they want. Admin finally stepped up but now finish the job and send a message. Someone needs to be fired and not some poor asst. Cancelling the game although hurts many Maybe this was the last straw for the admin. since they were also aware of the locker room stuff from game at Chaminade.

Someone needs to be fired........really. You cant be serious. Funny thing....what do you do that you appear to be so perfect that you can sit in judgement over an admin mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone needs to be fired........really. You cant be serious. Funny thing....what do you do that you appear to be so perfect that you can sit in judgement over an admin mistake.

St Anthony's is just like Express...Crooks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TKO! laugh

Hahaha, the jokes on you! Sent your kid to private shool because you thought the grass would be greener. Spent all that money to find out that the school is incompetent. My son is getting ready to play for a real HS championship while your son's memories of HS lax are a colossal disappointment.

yea ok......school please???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the fact that either one of those two teams can technically lose every game, but declare themselves some kind of state champion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rules are very clear: If a school uses an ineligible student in any interscholastic contest, such contest
shall be forfeited to the opposing schools. With regard to playoffs, at the time of discovery the school declared
ineligible will be disqualified from the tournament immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing will happen, just talk and maybe just maybe a sorry somewhere in there.
The kids will be the only ones who suffer (both teams). AD and coaches will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree on all your points. Coaches knew for sure. Really stinks that the players at SA & Chaminade suffer because of adults egos and power. Several should resign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh really? And what exactly would your lawyer do? Who you gonna sue? St A violated the rules, plain and simple, and will now face the consequences. You're an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just MHO

It's not just 5 years of HS sports. It's 5 years as a High School student. Students who play HS sports as an eigth grader still have an additional 4 years of eligibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD

Just MHO

The "5 year rule" is in effect once you enter HS. A 8th grader that is moved up does not count towards the 5 yer rule. It is when you start HS.

Thank you, now it makes sense and it is a good rule for obvious reasons although from the looks of it the decision to repeat had nothing to do with athletics - I will stand by my second point - let them play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just MHO

Thank you, now it makes sense and it is a good rule for obvious reasons although from the looks of it the decision to repeat had nothing to do with athletics - I will stand by my second point - let them play the game.

The league rules are black and white on this - if you don't follow those rules, why have them??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree on all your points. Coaches knew for sure. Really stinks that the players at SA & Chaminade suffer because of adults egos and power. Several should resign.

Coach should be fired. Incompetent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TKO! laugh

If he loses will you call your REDICULOUS attorney? A$$ hat, my kid goes to public too. But reading your comment I was embarrassed for you. Let me guess, Syosset? Or Port? REDICULOUS!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday is reporting that the coach self reported, seems they did the right thing. It is unfortunate but the rules were enforced. Coach W, who I do not know seems like an honest enough fellow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should all be fired. Send the message loud and clear!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just MHO

The league rules are black and white on this - if you don't follow those rules, why have them??

Exactly right. While we all feel bad for the other players, they knew as well. Everyone there knew. It is not surprising that this is the culture. This is exactly what is happening in lacrosse, everyone does what they want, whether it negatively impacts other families or not. So, I would say to stop whining about it because after all....they are only following the rules, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should all be fired. Send the message loud and clear!!

Tear down the school!
Take away all of the trophies they ever won!
End the lacrosse program entirely!

Then on to the parents of this horrible cheater, they knew.
Banish them to Mastic Beach! No, that is too nice, banish them Wyandanch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So has this kid committed to a college?

I blame the parents and the coaches (travel and h s) and the AD and the school admin.

Reclassifying is a joke and cheating .
Trying it this way was absurd.

Maybe now the chsaa can address this issue head on.

As far as the game .... Play it ! - a second bravo game- coached by the captains maybe
The black and red captained scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just MHO

Exactly right. While we all feel bad for the other players, they knew as well. Everyone there knew. It is not surprising that this is the culture. This is exactly what is happening in lacrosse, everyone does what they want, whether it negatively impacts other families or not. So, I would say to stop whining about it because after all....they are only following the rules, right?

You are making a lot of assumptions about a situation you obviously know nothing about.

The other players did not know. This is not the culture. This was an oversight by the AD who should have been aware of the situation.

Given the talent pool, the coaches certainly do not have to break the rules and risk the season to field a competitive team. The rules were violated and the consequences are clear. This was not a case of malicious intent but rather ignorance and incompetence.

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 111 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard