BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 102 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop associating SWR in this chain. It's a few bad eggs that they think walk on water. I'm annoy hownor about SWR is about. These kids go to private school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your point is mute buddy. Your original oost was that we had 7th graders playing. Then you change the story to something from several years ago. Pick your point and stay with it. Once again, best of luck to you and yours for the summer.

Coach G

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coach G proving again my point....TRASH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the f--- is Coach G!!!! "It's a very cold and lonely world out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the f--- is Coach G!!!! "It's a very cold and lonely world out there

Seems to me like a guy with some integrity who actually uses his initials so he can be identified! Cheers Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are your referring to? I can tell you that you haven't been arguing with me - the coach you think you're arguing with. People can say anything on here to make it appear like an attack from anyone toward anyone. I don't live in forums, I live in Parkland, Florida and Long Island. So do the people being attacked for playing in that freezing cold, rainy, windy Tournament. I coached those riverhead kids since they were in first grade. That's why they hung around my sidelines.. These forum rants are started and perpetuated by some very ugly minded people with the agenda to create drama. Games are played and kids move on while this nonsense occurs for weeks afterward. We're already on to another city and another state. Enjoy your summer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Brodie M a 6th grader Coach G?

We don't have a Brodie on the team...Roster of kids are straight from the PAL roster. I would never do such a thing. As I said, you know how to contact me since you seem to know so much.

That's not something I would do.

Riverhead has done it before. Coaches kid played for Connetquot in this tournament a few years back. Leopards can't change their spots.

Get over it already. 2 players ended up playing for Connetquot back in 3rd grade and the boys are now in 6th grade. Last time I checked it doesn't take just two boys to beat a team. It takes an entire team! Move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL. Lololol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parkland is not a town??

Parkland is not a town??

That was not a town team. The players told our players that they're not all from the same town. They weren't even from the same state. They all had different helmet, shorts, etc. The lies are ridiculous.

So they did hand out pinneys in the parking lot!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don't have a Brodie on the team...Roster of kids are straight from the PAL roster. I would never do such a thing. As I said, you know how to contact me since you seem to know so much.

Riverhead has done it before. Coaches kid played for Connetquot in this tournament a few years back. Leopards can't change their spots.

Get over it already. 2 players ended up playing for Connetquot back in 3rd grade and the boys are now in 6th grade. Last time I checked it doesn't take just two boys to beat a team. It takes an entire team! Move on!

Not really. At this age (and younger) 2 kids can win a game/tournament. That's the thing about cheating. Your program loses credibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. At this age (and younger) 2 kids can win a game/tournament. That's the thing about cheating. Your program loses credibility.

That's BS and you know it! So when you're down half your team, do you pull out of the tournament or play because its for a good cause (memorial tournament). Two players didn't make that team win. That team already had enough talent at that age. Don't hear anyone complaining when EI stacked their team full of Legacy boys a few years back! Parkland had an entire team full of out of state kids and kids in other towns. That's cheating in a Town tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's BS and you know it! So when you're down half your team, do you pull out of the tournament or play because its for a good cause (memorial tournament). Two players didn't make that team win. That team already had enough talent at that age. Don't hear anyone complaining when EI stacked their team full of Legacy boys a few years back! Parkland had an entire team full of out of state kids and kids in other towns. That's cheating in a Town tournament.

Wow. Can everyone stop crying about this. Who cares if they took kids from where ever. Is it really that big of a deal? People always making excuses and finding reasons why they lost. They lost cause the other team played better. "Wah, it's not fair." Life's not fair. Teach your kids that and move on. Geez!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should reach out to your team ahead of time to make sure that they can attend. If you end up not being able to field a team last minute, you drop out and they still put your money to a good cause. You never bring in outsiders or you'll get the reputation of a cheating program. Conn, Riv, EI, and Parkland are all cheaters. I don't differentiate. Like the old saying goes, you can't be a little pregnant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Wow. Can everyone stop crying about this. Who cares if they took kids from where ever. Is it really that big of a deal? People always making excuses and finding reasons why they lost. They lost cause the other team played better. "Wah, it's not fair." Life's not fair. Teach your kids that and move on. Geez!

Cheating is never acceptable; especially when you're teaching young impressionable children that it's fine to win by any means necessary. That goes against all of the values that we as parents, and sports in general, try to instill in our children. You can teach that to your son, but I choose to raise my children from a higher moral fiber.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Cheating is never acceptable; especially when you're teaching young impressionable children that it's fine to win by any means necessary. That goes against all of the values that we as parents, and sports in general, try to instill in our children. You can teach that to your son, but I choose to raise my children from a higher moral fiber.

Your kid is 12, he is not that impressionable any more. He probably cares less about the other team cheating than you do. And if he was on a team that took 2 or 3 holdbacks and won the championship, would he not accept the trophy? If you knew, would you not let him play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is Brodie M a 6th grader Coach G?

You should reach out to your team ahead of time to make sure that they can attend. If you end up not being able to field a team last minute, you drop out and they still put your money to a good cause. You never bring in outsiders or you'll get the reputation of a cheating program. Conn, Riv, EI, and Parkland are all cheaters. I don't differentiate. Like the old saying goes, you can't be a little pregnant.[/quote

Get over yourself. You just cant see 11/12 year old boys play without making an excuse to why your son didn't win the metal or championship T shirt. If your team played a good game then cheating didn't matter. But if you already have it in your kids head that the other team brought outsiders, it may have been the parents to why your team didn't win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is full of petty talk from people with no life. Just can't take a loss without making up stories from your anonymous avatar in your momma's basement. Hasn't changed in years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Get over yourself. You just cant see 11/12 year old boys play without making an excuse to why your son didn't win the metal or championship T shirt. If your team played a good game then cheating didn't matter. But if you already have it in your kids head that the other team brought outsiders, it may have been the parents to why your team didn't win.

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Does no one remember that? Have we fallen so far as a sports society that we will teach our kids that it's ok to cheat? I don't care if he wins a tournament. I want him to enjoy himself and have some laughs with his friends. But he came off the field complaining that the other team cheated. It's not right. Obviously you're fine with it. Good for you. I hope your son frames all of his ill-gotten awards. I'm sure that your trash attitude and twisted view of right and wrong you are in the minority. More people think sports should teach a much greater lesson. One of hard work and perseverance. You son will have a fine career as a cold calling ripoff stock broker. Best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids play travel baseball. Nobody talks like this after each game. This sport attracts the loonies. It's sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is full of petty talk from people with no life. Just can't take a loss without making up stories from your anonymous avatar in your momma's basement. Hasn't changed in years.

Hopefully your post will be the catalyst for those lifeless people to bring back integrity to this site. No more excuses for losing! Suck it up and lose with dignity..hoorah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully your post will be the catalyst for those lifeless people to bring back integrity to this site. No more excuses for losing! Suck it up and lose with dignity..hoorah

You're such a meathead. Gross. Shouldn't you be picking up your wife from the tattoo parlor right now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're such a meathead. Gross. Shouldn't you be picking up your wife from the tattoo parlor right now?

Tattoos on women are hot in case you haven't seen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question I want answered by all the daddy coaches: why, when there's a ton of former players here on Long Island, do self proclaimed experts with no lacrosse experience at all - not one second of experience as a child or adult, not one practice, not one game, no ability to perform the skills they expect from their players, not a second of college training - absolutely nothing to reference... how do we put up with these men as our children's coaches? Think about a 6th grader, playing travel and PAL. That child has hundreds of games, thousands of hours playing, training, just messing around with his stick. He's been in game situations. He knows you can't "scoop through" every ground ball. He knows you have to put one hand on the stick when appropriate, etc... then he is screamed at by some plumbe's helper whose claim to fame is that he watched lacrosse from a sideline. Ever have your legs full of acid, or the wind knocked out of you while a ding bat is screaming, "wheels!!" And expecting you to run the ball up? This is why there is such a drop off with talent here on Long Island. We have coaches with real life experience, then we have Carvel workers who know nothing and claim up the head coach position from kindergarten and then the kids and parents are stuck with that moron until that kid ages out of youth sports. He never had a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question I want answered by all the daddy coaches: why, when there's a ton of former players here on Long Island, do self proclaimed experts with no lacrosse experience at all - not one second of experience as a child or adult, not one practice, not one game, no ability to perform the skills they expect from their players, not a second of college training - absolutely nothing to reference... how do we put up with these men as our children's coaches? Think about a 6th grader, playing travel and PAL. That child has hundreds of games, thousands of hours playing, training, just messing around with his stick. He's been in game situations. He knows you can't "scoop through" every ground ball. He knows you have to put one hand on the stick when appropriate, etc... then he is screamed at by some plumbe's helper whose claim to fame is that he watched lacrosse from a sideline. Ever have your legs full of acid, or the wind knocked out of you while a ding bat is screaming, "wheels!!" And expecting you to run the ball up? This is why there is such a drop off with talent here on Long Island. We have coaches with real life experience, then we have Carvel workers who know nothing and claim up the head coach position from kindergarten and then the kids and parents are stuck with that moron until that kid ages out of youth sports. He never had a chance.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds exactly my town PAL. The coach yells stupid things at the kids which make no sense if you have actually played the game at a higher level, and because of the politics those who have played the game are not allowed to coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tattoos on women are hot in case you haven't seen

Says the guy who married a stripper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds exactly my town PAL. The coach yells stupid things at the kids which make no sense if you have actually played the game at a higher level, and because of the politics those who have played the game are not allowed to coach.

Why don't parents and players have a say? We review restaurants Andre hotels all the time. Never see a yelp coach site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can answer that for you. It's because dads like you have no interest in coaching kids when they are 5 and 6 years old. You lack the patience and ability to complete the task. You're not intelligent enough to realize that a young child needs more than a stick and a ball. You're not wise enough to develop a practice plan for each day (because you can't coach 20-25 5 and 6 year old children, whose parents drop and go, without a fully thought-out and developed plan). You're too foolish to realize that at the early stages of youth sports, its not about winning, but rather about developing the team first and player second. You're too selfish to devote all of the necessary time it takes, on and off the field, to reach a predetermined goal or level of success. You're too weak to ignore your own child so that you can give more intensive instruction to a small boy who doesn't have a father to "have a catch" with him when he's not at practice.

You want to coach them when they are 12 and have all of the prerequisite/fundamental skills, because, quite frankly, coaching the little ones is a very challenging task. But, unfortunately for you, by then they're off to middle school sports. You want to jump in now and take over? Thanks, but no thanks, Dad. I've spent 6 years developing relationships with my players and their parents. I understand their strengths and weaknesses and I know how and when to motivate them and how to make them feel proud of the effort they put in. You just continue to sit on the sidelines and [lacrosse] and moan to everyone who will listen. My child will remember the good times we shared while I coached his team and his friends. Your child will more than likely remember his miserable dad bitching about how this PAL program is a waste of time.

For the record, I've never played lacrosse, but I've played other sports at a high level. I know about good coaching and poor coaching because I've experienced both. I've seen how a coach can be a positive role model in a child's life. I've also seen how easily a coach can ruin a child's self esteem and drive him or her from sports prematurely.

So why don't you do yourself, and everyone else on the sidelines, a big favor. Go over to his coaches and shake their hand and say thank you. And while you're at it, apologize to them for talking so much trash since your boy was in kindergarten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can answer that for you. It's because dads like you have no interest in coaching kids when they are 5 and 6 years old. You lack the patience and ability to complete the task. You're not intelligent enough to realize that a young child needs more than a stick and a ball. You're not wise enough to develop a practice plan for each day (because you can't coach 20-25 5 and 6 year old children, whose parents drop and go, without a fully thought-out and developed plan). You're too foolish to realize that at the early stages of youth sports, its not about winning, but rather about developing the team first and player second. You're too selfish to devote all of the necessary time it takes, on and off the field, to reach a predetermined goal or level of success. You're too weak to ignore your own child so that you can give more intensive instruction to a small boy who doesn't have a father to "have a catch" with him when he's not at practice.

You want to coach them when they are 12 and have all of the prerequisite/fundamental skills, because, quite frankly, coaching the little ones is a very challenging task. But, unfortunately for you, by then they're off to middle school sports. You want to jump in now and take over? Thanks, but no thanks, Dad. I've spent 6 years developing relationships with my players and their parents. I understand their strengths and weaknesses and I know how and when to motivate them and how to make them feel proud of the effort they put in. You just continue to sit on the sidelines and [lacrosse] and moan to everyone who will listen. My child will remember the good times we shared while I coached his team and his friends. Your child will more than likely remember his miserable dad bitching about how this PAL program is a waste of time.

For the record, I've never played lacrosse, but I've played other sports at a high level. I know about good coaching and poor coaching because I've experienced both. I've seen how a coach can be a positive role model in a child's life. I've also seen how easily a coach can ruin a child's self esteem and drive him or her from sports prematurely.

So why don't you do yourself, and everyone else on the sidelines, a big favor. Go over to his coaches and shake their hand and say thank you. And while you're at it, apologize to them for talking so much trash since your boy was in kindergarten.

Wow, you sound like a total non lacrosse experienced player tool who can't even develop a ping pong player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you sound like a total non lacrosse experienced player tool who can't even develop a ping pong player.

Hmm, you both present very valuable arguments. I think poster #1 is saying that parents/coaches who don't understand sports seem to think it's easy. I've often said if you have never played, don't think it's easy for the kids on the fields. Poster #2 makes a valuable statement when he says parents have expectations that are unreasonable. So to both of you, good posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good coach can coach any sport at the youth level. A former player does not necessarily make a good coach. My son a former top-tier D1 player as a coach in PAL. They yelled and screamed and failed to motivate on any level. Only a handful of the team continued playing after middle school because of the damage that was done by poor coaching. A youth coach does not need to teach advanced offenses or defenses. An 11 year old does not need to know 4 different clears and 4 different EMO's. If you or your son need these things, then by all means, have him tryout for a travel club. Or do one better; remove him from such a sour situation completely. I'm quite sure his coach won't mind.

And, for the record, I'm a monster at ping pong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good coach can coach any sport at the youth level. A former player does not necessarily make a good coach. My son a former top-tier D1 player as a coach in PAL. They yelled and screamed and failed to motivate on any level. Only a handful of the team continued playing after middle school because of the damage that was done by poor coaching. A youth coach does not need to teach advanced offenses or defenses. An 11 year old does not need to know 4 different clears and 4 different EMO's. If you or your son need these things, then by all means, have him tryout for a travel club. Or do one better; remove him from such a sour situation completely. I'm quite sure his coach won't mind.

You're the reason why there are problems of non player coaches. I'm not talking about advanced schemes. Yelling bad advice at a player from the sideline does not help the kids IQ development and teaches them bad habits. However, I'm glad you can huddle them together and make it look like you're doing something. Most of the kids know you are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I hope you guys are going to coach next year. We need experts like you guys in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like Carvel smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're the reason why there are problems of non player coaches. I'm not talking about advanced schemes. Yelling bad advice at a player from the sideline does not help the kids IQ development and teaches them bad habits. However, I'm glad you can huddle them together and make it look like you're doing something. Most of the kids know you are a joke.

LOL! You're barking up the wrong tree, fella. My team wins, my parents think I'm great and the kids on my team are all smiles. My god! I must be doing something wrong! Winning AND fun?!?!?! Sounds terrible!

I went to a coaching clinic about 12 years ago and learned something that stuck with me. Since then I've coached baseball, soccer, basketball, lacrosse and football and I've employed it in all instances. Never yell at a kid on the field and tell him he did something wrong. Chances are better than not that he knows exactly what he did wrong and doesn't need a coach to bring attention to it for all to hear. So, clearly you've never been to my teams' games.

Why don't you grab a clip board and help out with your child's team? Clearly, you're an absolute wealth of knowledge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The more succinct answer is because there aren't enough people willing to put in the time to coach - organizations have to take what is available from the volunteers that step up. Unless you are willing to step up, and are qualified, or you know someone else who is qualified and can do so and you get them to step up, then I'd say be thankful to whoever is coaching, because the alternative to most programs is NO coach. My town is lucky that our program is willing to pay for coaches when there are no volunteers, but that is not the norm. People that complain about a situation, but do nothing to solve the problem are useless - it's PAL, so, considering what you're paying, you don't even have much an argument as a "paying customer". If you had this same experience in a club team situation, then you'd have a valid argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL! You're barking up the wrong tree, fella. My team wins, my parents think I'm great and the kids on my team are all smiles. My god! I must be doing something wrong! Winning AND fun?!?!?! Sounds terrible!

I went to a coaching clinic about 12 years ago and learned something that stuck with me. Since then I've coached baseball, soccer, basketball, lacrosse and football and I've employed it in all instances. Never yell at a kid on the field and tell him he did something wrong. Chances are better than not that he knows exactly what he did wrong and doesn't need a coach to bring attention to it for all to hear. So, clearly you've never been to my teams' games.

Why don't you grab a clip board and help out with your child's team? Clearly, you're an absolute wealth of knowledge!

It's all about you and how great of a non lacrosse player you are. You're the jack of all [lacrosse] bags.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy, we get it. But laying it on a tad thick, no?...let me guess, you are the guy who has to coach his son in every sport because you just know it better than everyone else...? Know what, you are considered the Mike Francesa in your youth leagues--blowhard.
"My team wins, my parents think I'm great and the kids on my team are all smiles."--really?...dbag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy, we get it. But laying it on a tad thick, no?...let me guess, you are the guy who has to coach his son in every sport because you just know it better than everyone else...? Know what, you are considered the Mike Francesa in your youth leagues--blowhard.
"My team wins, my parents think I'm great and the kids on my team are all smiles."--really?...dbag

Next time you're in Nassau, come check out a game. Just because you have a bad coach doesn't mean I'm one. But thanks for the insults. It means a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya think there will be room?..I mean, if you are that good on sidelines, folks must be lining up to see you in action....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next time you're in Nassau, come check out a game. Just because you have a bad coach doesn't mean I'm one. But thanks for the insults. It means a lot.

Where do you coach?

Page 62 of 102 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard