BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
Re: Girls 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm was always referring to travel, not PAL which is a waste of time. Girls/woman's lacrosse is one of the most skilled and athletic sports out there. You need to be aggressive but also smart. The best girls know when they can go to goal and score but they need to be smart about it too. Getting stripped or taking a bad shot is just as bad as a weak girl missing her pass. Keep in mind that goals need to be scored to win games. I do agree that many of the rules in girls lax favor the aggressive girl, that's just the way it is. My aim is not to be condescending just telling it the way I see it. My daughter was the girl who couldn't catch the ball a couple years ago but has worked hard to get better because she saw how the better players were playing and wanted to be like them, and not sit on the bench. If you think ithings are any different in soccer or basketball you'd be fooling yourself. It is sad in a way that youth sports have become so complicated and competive that's why the majority of kids quit by the time they hit 9th grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm was always referring to travel, not PAL which is a waste of time. Girls/woman's lacrosse is one of the most skilled and athletic sports out there. You need to be aggressive but also smart. The best girls know when they can go to goal and score but they need to be smart about it too. Getting stripped or taking a bad shot is just as bad as a weak girl missing her pass. Keep in mind that goals need to be scored to win games. I do agree that many of the rules in girls lax favor the aggressive girl, that's just the way it is. My aim is not to be condescending just telling it the way I see it. My daughter was the girl who couldn't catch the ball a couple years ago but has worked hard to get better because she saw how the better players were playing and wanted to be like them, and not sit on the bench. If you think ithings are any different in soccer or basketball you'd be fooling yourself. It is sad in a way that youth sports have become so complicated and competive that's why the majority of kids quit by the time they hit 9th grade.

You need to watch more sports... girls lacrosse is now THE WORST of all sports. Put your head down, run to the cage and take the free possession. A whistle every 10-20 second kills any transition game and excitement. I truly feel that it requires the least skill of any game I've ever watched or played. I have HS girls that will be playing in college, a middle school girl and a 5th grade boy and even 5th grade boys lax is 1000x more exciting and fun to watch. It tragic the way the sport has taken a nosedive in the last 5-10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I saw on this thread of b 2023 girls moving to A and some girls moving back to B. Did that happen? and did they get a new coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I saw on this thread of b 2023 girls moving to A and some girls moving back to B. Did that happen? and did they get a new coach?

No new coach, no new team. Both still suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I thought I saw on this thread of b 2023 girls moving to A and some girls moving back to B. Did that happen? and did they get a new coach?

That didn't happen and won't happen. The A team consist of siblings of older yj already in the program and the B team lost players to other clubs and is a shell of what they were last year. New coach is not happening.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I thought I saw on this thread of b 2023 girls moving to A and some girls moving back to B. Did that happen? and did they get a new coach?

That didn't happen and won't happen. The A team consist of siblings of older yj already in the program and the B team lost players to other clubs and is a shell of what they were last year. New coach is not happening.

Blah blah blah, sorry she didn't get pulled up, glad you left, good luck with the new club!

It will always be YJA and everyone else.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats too bad. I thought they would make a good decision finally. What about there was rumor that they took b players to A because no one wants to play on that team anymore. Did that happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blah blah blah, sorry she didn't get pulled up, glad you left, good luck with the new club!

Hahaha, hold your bragging until you actually win something. You are embarrassing yourself again! Maybe you should start preparing yourself for another disappointing summer ye arse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone else like TG who consistently whips YJA's butts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is better than YJ no question about it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG better than Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contrary to the previous comments yes it did happen. Only thing that didn't was new A coach. I guess CR believes it's in the clubs best interest to have a daddy coach who's kid never come out of the game and ruin the YJ brand. Par for the course..... love the nepotism

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With an even bigger A roster and a coaches kid who doesn't come out of games means less playing time for everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With an even bigger A roster and a coaches kid who doesn't come out of games means less playing time for everyone else.

Sounds like good times!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the draw to such a crazy team? I can't even imagine what the sidelines look like. It sounds like everyone is unhappy there but I guess being on A is more important than anything else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the draw to such a crazy team? I can't even imagine what the sidelines look like. It sounds like everyone is unhappy there but I guess being on A is more important than anything else.

No draw, talented girls have already left because they're fed up. Girls that were moved up will be deer in headlights in a few weeks. Girls who just joined will be regretting their decision, and the better girls will be trying out for TG, Igloo, and Legacy next year due to a losing record. We are watching the implosion of the team due to favors, family, and friends, proven recipe for disaster. I have been enjoying my popcorn during the show!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There will be shakeups in YJ 2023 the A team losing to the B team is not acceptable. The A team needs talent.

The Thorn team has talent. What they need is a coach who isn't Thorn.

If Thorn had talent you should be able to roll a ball out and they should be able to beat the B team easily.

My daughter knows the Thorn girls well. She says there are 2-3 girls who are great, the rest, not so much. Coach leaves the mediocre players, including the daughters, on the field thinking the good girls will carry them. Not working. The whole team not working. It's a shame. Toxic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There will be shakeups in YJ 2023 the A team losing to the B team is not acceptable. The A team needs talent.

The Thorn team has talent. What they need is a coach who isn't Thorn.

If Thorn had talent you should be able to roll a ball out and they should be able to beat the B team easily.

My daughter knows the Thorn girls well. She says there are 2-3 girls who are great, the rest, not so much. Coach leaves the mediocre players, including the daughters, on the field thinking the good girls will carry them. Not working. The whole team not working. It's a shame. Toxic

Wow I'm impressed on how insightful your 11 year old daughter is to know so much about a team she doesn't even play on! Or maybe you are just a scorned daddy who's little superstar didn't make the cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That hit the nail on the head. For the record, YJA has beaten Igloo AND top gun. The scorned daddy (& mommy) who revel in Wright beating Thorn two times fails to remember they were beaten twice by Thorn. New team/club that is not YJ, TG or Igloo is the perfect place for daddy & mommy to feel their kid is finally the star. It is a shell of a C team. Other than 3 decent BBP girls and a goalie, there will be 8 other field players who couldn't make any of the clubs. This popcorn bowl is going to be so tastey fir years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That hit the nail on the head. For the record, YJA has beaten Igloo AND top gun. The scorned daddy (& mommy) who revel in Wright beating Thorn two times fails to remember they were beaten twice by Thorn. New team/club that is not YJ, TG or Igloo is the perfect place for daddy & mommy to feel their kid is finally the star. It is a shell of a C team. Other than 3 decent BBP girls and a goalie, there will be 8 other field players who couldn't make any of the clubs. This popcorn bowl is going to be so tastey fir years to come.

One of those BBP girls is worth something. The rest are just average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That hit the nail on the head. For the record, YJA has beaten Igloo AND top gun. The scorned daddy (& mommy) who revel in Wright beating Thorn two times fails to remember they were beaten twice by Thorn. New team/club that is not YJ, TG or Igloo is the perfect place for daddy & mommy to feel their kid is finally the star. It is a shell of a C team. Other than 3 decent BBP girls and a goalie, there will be 8 other field players who couldn't make any of the clubs. This popcorn bowl is going to be so tastey fir years to come.

Not sure what record you are talking about TG played YJA once and beat them. Igloo also beat YJ. For the record.
[quote=Anonymous]That hit the nail on the head. For the record, YJA has beaten Igloo AND top gun. The scorned daddy (& mommy) who revel in Wright beating Thorn two times fails to remember they were beaten twice by Thorn. New team/club that is not YJ, TG or Igloo is the perfect place for daddy & mommy to feel their kid is finally the star. It is a shell of a C team. Other than 3 decent BBP girls and a goalie, there will be 8 other field players who couldn't make any of the clubs. This popcorn bowl is going to be so tastey fir years to come.

What tournament did YJ beat TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did they beat Top Guns? My daughter has been on that team for years, and I don't recall that happening. I also know that YJ (a team beaten by their own B team 2X), squeaked out one goal in final seconds win against Igloo. I do enjoy the rivalry and think it's great that the 2023 age group is becoming much more competitive with each other on LI. I wish the new Leg team all the best, and hope to play some good games with them. We should all just try to get along and realize that there are lots of talented girls playing on many different teams. Many of them will play together later on. There is no dominant team in this age group, which makes things much more fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats awesome a 2-2 record against the B team. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom/Dad! Would bet YJ is happy to be rid of you with a coment like that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackts A won't play B this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That should be a relief for Coach Thorn!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA and YJB play in all the same tournaments in championship format. Do you have a crystal ball to know they won't face each other in a playoff game or are you just flapping your gums?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are putting them n dfferent brackets. wrights team is in harder brackets to hope for elimination. its all set up for thorn to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are putting them n dfferent brackets. wrights team is in harder brackets to hope for elimination. its all set up for thorn to win

That's not how it works. While every tournament is a little different, all clubs that I know of do the same exact thing. They tell the tournament director which team is number 1,2 etc. they are then placed in opposing brackets to better the chances for the club to appear in the finals. If both the A team and B team take care of business, they will play in the finals. Some tournaments place all the top A teams in one bracket, where the exiting team has an easy win in the playoffs. Some tournament spread the top teams out through the brackets, then you have blowout games in pool play. Let's be honest, some of the games at these tournaments are a complete waste of time. I personally like the invitational type of tournaments that are emerging, like the G8. Keeps the level of play much higher. The 2023 parents have a lot to learn. Funny part is to watch all the alternative clubs on LI so excited because they can actually compete with a YJ team (only at 2023). The honest truth is not that these alternative clubs are now "good", it's that the YJ team is as bad as the rest. Not up to par with the rest of the east coast. Can the talent level rise to the challenge for any LI team at 2023? T seems that the one or two girls spread out to other clubs has diluted the talent that would otherwise make YJ competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not how it works. While every tournament is a little different, all clubs that I know of do the same exact thing. They tell the tournament director which team is number 1,2 etc. they are then placed in opposing brackets to better the chances for the club to appear in the finals. If both the A team and B team take care of business, they will play in the finals. Some tournaments place all the top A teams in one bracket, where the exiting team has an easy win in the playoffs. Some tournament spread the top teams out through the brackets, then you have blowout games in pool play. Let's be honest, some of the games at these tournaments are a complete waste of time. I personally like the invitational type of tournaments that are emerging, like the G8. Keeps the level of play much higher. The 2023 parents have a lot to learn. Funny part is to watch all the alternative clubs on LI so excited because they can actually compete with a YJ team (only at 2023). The honest truth is not that these alternative clubs are now "good", it's that the YJ team is as bad as the rest. Not up to par with the rest of the east coast. Can the talent level rise to the challenge for any LI team at 2023? T seems that the one or two girls spread out to other clubs has diluted the talent that would otherwise make YJ competitive.

Yes, the fact that some of the better girls (more than one or two) in the grade have decided to play clubs other than YJ makes things interesting. YJ still has a handful of the best in the grade, but the coaching has hurt them. This is why some girls left. looking forward to a summer that will clarify things a bit more. I agree that it is great for LI to have 3 teams that are competitive as I see it. YJA, TGB, Leg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the fact that some of the better girls (more than one or two) in the grade have decided to play clubs other than YJ makes things interesting. YJ still has a handful of the best in the grade, but the coaching has hurt them. This is why some girls left. looking forward to a summer that will clarify things a bit more. I agree that it is great for LI to have 3 teams that are competitive as I see it. YJA, TGB, Leg

Or instead of LI having one team that is a competitive A team -YJA,
You now have several less competitive B teams- YJA, TGB, LEG.
And are TG and YJ now being compared in the same sentence with LEG? Enough said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't really see it as a bad team, nor are these "b" teams. Time will tell for that. Just more like boys side, where there are a few competitive teams. This is good for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy? Stop it. How about igloo and Jesters and Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo, Jesters, and Elevate?.......sorry, you must have read the posts wrong......they were talking about quality clubs. To be honest, not sure how LEG got on that list either.
I would put Elevate over LEG all day long.

The problem is that these LI clubs rarely play in the same tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The traditional YJ tournament at the end of the season has been dropped, so the likelyhood of the YJA and YJB teams meeting up is gone. The teams will never meet up in the final of any regular summer tournament. The odds are just too stacked against both teams for that outcome to happen. It's not saying which team is better than the other, it's just unlikely both teams will make a run to the final game on the same weekend. It's a shame. I'd like to see that game played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, legs is a few good players away from competing with the top clubs. Great owner and coach but just don't have the talent yet. They're still building.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo, Jesters, and Elevate?.......sorry, you must have read the posts wrong......they were talking about quality clubs. To be honest, not sure how LEG got on that list either.

The only tournament in which a few of these teams compete in is the TG tournament at the end of July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This talk of B team beating the A team is absurd. B lost their best player to another club and will not beat the A team this year. I hope we do play B so we can shut everyone up about this and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This talk of B team beating the A team is absurd. B lost their best player to another club and will not beat the A team this year. I hope we do play B so we can shut everyone up about this and move on.

For the B teams sake hopefully they don't play if they do A team by 10 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo, Jesters, and Elevate?.......sorry, you must have read the posts wrong......they were talking about quality clubs. To be honest, not sure how LEG got on that list either.

The only tournament in which a few of these teams compete in is the TG tournament at the end of July.

YJ, Igloo, Legacy all played each other at Lax Blast last summer. Don't know about this summer.

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard