BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know how much Christian Koehler tournaments was???

$725. listed on the flyer still on the tournaments thread

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Think is was $700 or $725... very reasonable." just because everyone is charging that does not make it "reasonable". Still very excessive for what is being provided and what you get. Will continue to schedule our own round robins and cover the ref fees... all these tournaments are a joke--though at least this one the proceeds are going to a cause and not someone's pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Think is was $700 or $725... very reasonable." just because everyone is charging that does not make it "reasonable". Still very excessive for what is being provided and what you get. Will continue to schedule our own round robins and cover the ref fees... all these tournaments are a joke--though at least this one the proceeds are going to a cause and not someone's pocket.

Yes, proceeds are going to Make-a-Wish. This has been a very well run and fun tournament since it's inception. I started attending with my older son, then my middle and now my youngest. With very few exceptions, it is a true "town" tournament. My hat goes off to Chris K for all he does to make it happen. If this is not a tournament that you can get behind then you should stick to your round robins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, proceeds are going to Make-a-Wish. This has been a very well run and fun tournament since it's inception. I started attending with my older son, then my middle and now my youngest. With very few exceptions, it is a true "town" tournament. My hat goes off to Chris K for all he does to make it happen. If this is not a tournament that you can get behind then you should stick to your round robins.

Agreed fun tournament, we'll run and for good cause

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How amazingly cheap are you? with 20 kids it's less than 40 bucks. You are squeaky tight!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might have to finally spend your communion money to put your kid in. Sheesh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you get your fields for free? Do you have insurance coverage? Medical staff? Anything at all? You cheap Bast@#d! Its a fundraiser too, anyone that knows you and anyone who knows you posted this should refuse to play against any of your teams just on the grounds that anyone that cheap must be morally reprehensible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How amazingly cheap are you? with 20 kids it's less than 40 bucks. You are squeaky tight!

Seriousy! and with your crappy attitude do everyone a favor and stay home! no one wants you, your $725 or your team at the tourney. Try reading up and educating yourself on the tournament, the kid who is honored at this tournament and his dad who organizes and runs it every year, in memory of his son. One of the nicest guys and appreciates everyone who participates in the tourney. It's a great day, boys have fun, understand what it's about and life lesson to boot. No one needs your negativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, then venom. Do you know how to read!!! "at least this one the proceeds are going to a cause and not someone's pocket."
And I know full well the the various costs and efforts to put on a tournament. Glad the money is going to a worthy cause and my town has supported this in the past. If you pull your head out of the sand you might realize we are lining the pockets of other tournament organizers at a TREMENDOUS profit for them. So much for all about the kids...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriousy! and with your crappy attitude do everyone a favor and stay home! no one wants you, your $725 or your team at the tourney. Try reading up and educating yourself on the tournament, the kid who is honored at this tournament and his dad who organizes and runs it every year, in memory of his son. One of the nicest guys and appreciates everyone who participates in the tourney. It's a great day, boys have fun, understand what it's about and life lesson to boot. No one needs your negativity.

Ummm - I think the poster was making one of the same points you are. He was basically saying it wasn't a lot of money, yet you sh*t all over him. wth?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He posted this in his original "though at least this one the proceeds are going to a cause and not someone's pocket" . You posted:"Seriously! and with your crappy attitude do everyone a favor and stay home! no one wants you, your $725 or your team at the tourney" And then you posted: "No one needs your negativity" See the irony?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL lacrosse and everything said in the Boys PAL forum is a joke. should get rid of PAL all together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL just needs a revamp. Old school administration with old school thoughts. How is it that PAL football has a PAL championship but Lacrosse does not. They should do a PAL championship Tournament with the right to play for a Suffolk County Championship.

Regular season can still be conducted as normal and towards the latter part of the season start playing playoff games at the complex during the week and have a final four weekend in each division after memorial day weekend. It would bring excitement to the sport. One step further Nassau could also do it and have a long Island Championship. No ones season would be affected. PAL can still have kids developing in Lacrosse.

Like I said they do it in football but why not Lacrosse? It would cut down on tournament fees during the season and make playing with your town during the spring more of a priority. From a former PAL rep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL just needs a revamp. Old school administration with old school thoughts. How is it that PAL football has a PAL championship but Lacrosse does not. They should do a PAL championship Tournament with the right to play for a Suffolk County Championship.

Regular season can still be conducted as normal and towards the latter part of the season start playing playoff games at the complex during the week and have a final four weekend in each division after memorial day weekend. It would bring excitement to the sport. One step further Nassau could also do it and have a long Island Championship. No ones season would be affected. PAL can still have kids developing in Lacrosse.

Like I said they do it in football but why not Lacrosse? It would cut down on tournament fees during the season and make playing with your town during the spring more of a priority. From a former PAL rep.

Would that be enough to bring the kids that have left and are going to leave back? Not so sure. They need to 1st do something to stop the exodus from PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He posted this in his original "though at least this one the proceeds are going to a cause and not someone's pocket" . You posted:"Seriously! and with your crappy attitude do everyone a favor and stay home! no one wants you, your $725 or your team at the tourney" And then you posted: "No one needs your negativity" See the irony?

The original poster called the tournament "a joke" and the cost "excessive ". He should be ashamed of himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do PAL football championship, not lacrosse because nobody plays club football, I'm sure there is some sort of winter football somewhere, but nobody I know does it. My sons PAL team has 8 kids who play club, these families spend alot of money on this. This is their priority. PAL is fun for a couple months, but it doesn't seem anyone would be wanting to postpone club lacrosse to play PAL for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do PAL football championship, not lacrosse because nobody plays club football, I'm sure there is some sort of winter football somewhere, but nobody I know does it. My sons PAL team has 8 kids who play club, these families spend alot of money on this. This is their priority. PAL is fun for a couple months, but it doesn't seem anyone would be wanting to postpone club lacrosse to play PAL for another 2 or 3 weeks.

I agree extending PAL is not something people will sign up for.....but no reason you can't make this happen and still be done by memorial day. Start last weekend in March, first weekend in April. Play your 8 game schedule over 6 weeks.....mix in one or two weeknight games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree extending PAL is not something people will sign up for.....but no reason you can't make this happen and still be done by memorial day. Start last weekend in March, first weekend in April. Play your 8 game schedule over 6 weeks.....mix in one or two weeknight games.

imagine the cheating then. Kids would be coming out of the woodworks for the championship games. No integrity in PAL either. At least football has weigh ins and IDs to verify the kids class. Lax needs to step up with the times. CYO even posts scores and playoffs for youth. PAL is babying them like Little League

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A big issue is, if your not happy for whatever reason. You can't leave. With club you can just go to another team. So people wind up just quitting PAL and those kids just do club. Sucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCYFL and LIYFL are the primary leagues for youth football on LI - neither have anything to do with PAL. And neither league has to content with competing play with other football play, so how is the comparison even remotely relevant?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCYFL and LIYFL are the primary leagues for youth football on LI - neither have anything to do with PAL. And neither league has to content with competing play with other football play, so how is the comparison even remotely relevant?

Suffolk County PAL Football is the primary program for Suffolk. They do have a championship for Suffolk PAL. Some Nassau teams even play in the Suffolk PAL that are very competitive teams. The problem with it is that you have teams recruiting players from other towns to win a 12 year old PAL football championship. Shouldn't be allowed, and I'm glad that they don't have a Lacrosse championship for that reason. Let the kids be kids, play with their friends and develop together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

imagine the cheating then. Kids would be coming out of the woodworks for the championship games. No integrity in PAL either. At least football has weigh ins and IDs to verify the kids class. Lax needs to step up with the times. CYO even posts scores and playoffs for youth. PAL is babying them like Little League

very true....but then you create rules. Not just rules that are written on a piece of paper, but rules that are actually followed and penalties are enforced.
Imagine this - roster is submitted week one for all teams. No roster. an be changed. Come championship game time (or any other game), if it is proven that a coach has a non roster player active.....game is forfeited and the entire town organization is penalized. not eligible for postseason for that season and following season. that will stop the one rogue coach in a given grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A big issue is, if your not happy for whatever reason. You can't leave. With club you can just go to another team. So people wind up just quitting PAL and those kids just do club. Sucks

You can get a waiver that releases you from your town PAL program. Your town and PAL must approve the waiver, but don't say you can't leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can get a waiver that releases you from your town PAL program. Your town and PAL must approve the waiver, but don't say you can't leave.

The fact that you don't have sole discretion to l eave and play elsewhere makes it true that you may not be able to leave - if we are comparing having the choice to club, then PAL and club are no way near the same. And how how many waivers are granted, and under what circumstances?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you don't have sole discretion to l eave and play elsewhere makes it true that you may not be able to leave - if we are comparing having the choice to club, then PAL and club are no way near the same. And how how many waivers are granted, and under what circumstances?[/quote]

Complain enough on the internet, stands and in town and I am sure that they would be happy to see you go.

You should ask, you might be surprised how easy it is for the town PAL director to sign your child (read you) a waiver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only reasons a child is allowed to change PAL teams from their home town to another town is if the child has a parent in that other town and spends time there with that parent OR there is no team in their home town at their age level. Other than that, PAL does not like to grant waivers. Allowing kids to change programs simply because their town's program is not up to par would create more chaos for parents to complain about. Think about this.... you and your son live in Sayville and a kid from Bayport Blue-Point decides he does not like BBP and want to play for Sayville instead and this kid is a better player than your son. Now the BBP kid is taking play time away from your kid. Sayville coaches are preparing the BBP kid to eventually play against the Sayville kids once he gets to high school. How does this make you feel? Your Sayville kid is on the sidelines while the BBP kid is on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only reasons a child is allowed to change PAL teams from their home town to another town is if the child has a parent in that other town and spends time there with that parent OR there is no team in their home town at their age level. Other than that, PAL does not like to grant waivers. Allowing kids to change programs simply because their town's program is not up to par would create more chaos for parents to complain about. Think about this.... you and your son live in Sayville and a kid from Bayport Blue-Point decides he does not like BBP and want to play for Sayville instead and this kid is a better player than your son. Now the BBP kid is taking play time away from your kid. Sayville coaches are preparing the BBP kid to eventually play against the Sayville kids once he gets to high school. How does this make you feel? Your Sayville kid is on the sidelines while the BBP kid is on the field.

That is wrong as I am removing my child from our town PAL program due to his coach being a nut and parents complaining every week about how he handle things. There is no waiver of which you people speak of. How it works is you go and sign up for the new PAL team and when that team finds out you are not from the town they contact your home town PAL director he simply has to give the OK. Clearly you need to have the conversation with your home town director before doing so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just disband PAL, let everyone play club. Now I know why I was so relieved when my son got to middle school. Crazy and annoying parents made my coaching life a nightmare. Everyone has a star for a son, try to play it even and the parents [lacrosse] and moan about not wining. Pay to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is wrong as I am removing my child from our town PAL program due to his coach being a nut and parents complaining every week about how he handle things. There is no waiver of which you people speak of. How it works is you go and sign up for the new PAL team and when that team finds out you are not from the town they contact your home town PAL director he simply has to give the OK. Clearly you need to have the conversation with your home town director before doing so.

As a NC PAL Director there is indeed a Team Transfer Release form that needs to be completed by both town's directors in order for the player to be moved. The form asks for basic information and does not ask for a reason for the transfer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would just disband PAL, let everyone play club. Now I know why I was so relieved when my son got to middle school. Crazy and annoying parents made my coaching life a nightmare. Everyone has a star for a son, try to play it even and the parents [lacrosse] and moan about not wining. Pay to play

Oh that sounds like a good plan. Let's take the affordable 200 dollar team and create more teams that can charge 3000, potentially blocking kids that can afford it. . That's the way to grow the sport. Maybe we can make lacrosse directors the next billionaires while we are at it. 99% of the kids playing travel got their start in PAL. That's were they decided they like the sport and proabably picked up theirs first stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Village won't grant waivers. Others with no travel team edicts and other loyalty rules are also scummy about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's relevant because in football, come November when season is coming to an end, kids aren't flocking to play club football. The longer the season goes the better. Come mid may when PAL lax is coming to an end, kids are flocking to their club teams. That's what I meant when I was answering about why PAL lax playoffs might not be so good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh that sounds like a good plan. Let's take the affordable 200 dollar team and create more teams that can charge 3000, potentially blocking kids that can afford it. . That's the way to grow the sport. Maybe we can make lacrosse directors the next billionaires while we are at it. 99% of the kids playing travel got their start in PAL. That's were they decided they like the sport and proabably picked up theirs first stick.

My point being that parents are turning PAL into a hyper competitive nightmare with A/N teams, high schools involved, 3 practices a week and on and on. They want a travel experience for pennies. Disband it and let club be the only way. Parents don't appreciate PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Village won't grant waivers. Others with no travel team edicts and other loyalty rules are also scummy about it.

b.s. had 2 three village kids in 2 years on my sons pal team. three village makes cuts at pal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

b.s. had 2 three village kids in 2 years on my sons pal team. three village makes cuts at pal

Not if your boy is good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you have experience in this. Mad that a bayport kid is taking your kids playing time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if your boy is good

All kids in Three Village are placed on teams. They have A teams B teams and C teams. No one is "cut" from playing there. They don't grant releases and they don't except kids from other towns. If you do have 2 Three Village kids I am sure they weren't released to you town and your program just accepted them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who decides which kids are A,Bor C players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best player on Three Village 2023 A lives in Port Jeff, so yeah they do take kids from other towns/school districts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dad who's kid is a C player.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Quick Reply