BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 214 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it go all division, all conference and then all county? And who determines this

Your coach

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ok so let me get this straight..1.play down to your opponents level. 2. Don't score too many goals (you'll [lacrosse] off the jealous dad on botc) 3. Let the other team score so they dont feel bad. Most of those girls on the leaderboard are great players and are going to great colleges. Oh wait they must have fooled all those college coaches but not you almighty one. The Riverhead girls are good players its not their fault who their competiton is...and they do score against good teams. Maybe not as many...its called defense."

So you think teams should score as much as possible no matter the level of competition, makes you seem like a loser . Go look at the most recent games of the top teams in Suffolk in every division A,B,C,D, each played non competitive games , each spread the scoring out , none of these teams let ball hog players pad their stats . The Riverhead girls are average at best and would not be able to score against those top teams previously mentioned so they pad their stats against weak competition ,it's sad .

Why are you so obsessed with how many goals other girls have. Worry about your own daughter. And no, I am not a loser. Please don't call people names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it go all division, all conference and then all county? And who determines this

politics and stat padders. Far too many defenders are left off list every year. That's why we play what is known as a selfish me first game

If your daughter is that good she will be noticed and recognized for her talent. If she's not maybe she is not as good as mommy & daddy thinks. Its not all politics but as long as you keep thinking that and telling your daughter that she'll never get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

politics and stat padders. Far too many defenders are left off list every year. That's why we play what is known as a selfish me first game

If your daughter is that good she will be noticed and recognized for her talent. If she's not maybe she is not as good as mommy & daddy thinks. Its not all politics but as long as you keep thinking that and telling your daughter that she'll never get better.

It's not all politics, but if you don't think there is favoritism, nepotism and politics involved, you're naive. That shouldn't take away from the talented girls who earn awards, but some girls get cheated and some girls receive awards on reputation rather than that season's achievements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know its only NEWSDAY, but i am sure its like this in any major lax area,,,but kids and parents do get a kick out of seeing their names in paper next day...wouldn't it be nice to credit defenders in blurbs about the games?
As previous poster mentioned, kids play selfish when they are looking to get name in paper next day.Sounds trivial, but for teenage boys/girls, its a big deal.
A mention of how well a defender played or how big a stop the defense made to win a game w/b a nice thing o see once in a a while.
Instead we get "Mary Jones led the scoring with 8 goals, ..or "Susie Smith had 4 goals and 3 assists"..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here it is. Mary ran around all game with her stick in the air yelling ball. At one point she scooped a ground ball which she immediately passed to the goalie(she did this once this game,but twice last). She gets the defensive star of the game for yelling ball the loudest. Congrats Mary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not all politics, but if you don't think there is favoritism, nepotism and politics involved, you're naive. That shouldn't take away from the talented girls who earn awards, but some girls get cheated and some girls receive awards on reputation rather than that season's achievements

This is the truth. I've seen it happen too often. The coaches wheel and deal behind the scenes too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches should recognize the players who had a meaningful impact on the game and they should share the spotlight and credit whenever they can. I agree that in many cases it should be draw control, ground balls, a great defensive effort or goal-keeping that should be highlighted. It is not done enough in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a mother of a high school defender I agree, just once it would be nice to be recognized.She works very hard as I'm sure many do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ok so let me get this straight..1.play down to your opponents level. 2. Don't score too many goals (you'll [lacrosse] off the jealous dad on botc) 3. Let the other team score so they dont feel bad. Most of those girls on the leaderboard are great players and are going to great colleges. Oh wait they must have fooled all those college coaches but not you almighty one. The Riverhead girls are good players its not their fault who their competiton is...and they do score against good teams. Maybe not as many...its called defense."

So you think teams should score as much as possible no matter the level of competition, makes you seem like a loser . Go look at the most recent games of the top teams in Suffolk in every division A,B,C,D, each played non competitive games , each spread the scoring out , none of these teams let ball hog players pad their stats . The Riverhead girls are average at best and would not be able to score against those top teams previously mentioned so they pad their stats against weak competition ,it's sad .

Why are you so obsessed with how many goals other girls have. Worry about your own daughter. And no, I am not a loser. Please don't call people names.

I am not obsessed with how many goals any individual has, poor sportsmanship is a pet peeve of mine. If a team outscored an overmatched opponent by more than 20 I generally have an issue ,if in a blowout an individual puts up an unnecessary amount of points I have an issue with that. My kid lays on a sub par team and regularly gets blown out by 20, its gets real old watching a few ball hogs on the other team score over and over. Get your lead put your back ups in and if they score so be it but to leave your starters or have a few ball hogs run up their numbers is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here it is. Mary ran around all game with her stick in the air yelling ball. At one point she scooped a ground ball which she immediately passed to the goalie(she did this once this game,but twice last). She gets the defensive star of the game for yelling ball the loudest. Congrats Mary.

So that's it in a nutshell for you on how big an impact defense has in a game, in your sarcastic opinion?
Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice attempt to stir the pot, child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pot stirring?..not so sure with a comment like that....you just know he is that loony Dad on sideline yelling for his little princess to 'go to goal" every time she has the ball....
then sits on his hands and keeps deathly silent when the defense makes nice play or someone other than princess puts one in..
that is why ladies lax is so selfish....folks like the above taint wipe ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with MSG varsity stats is that they are reported by the winning teams coach. Now that coach may have a injured player that really doesn't care who did what in the game especially the other team so the stats are frequently wrong. Now if your coach is lucky enough to have a booster club that pays someone to do it for the team then it all depends on if they take the time to mark down caused turn overs or ground balls. They should also keep stats on how many 8m penalties a player commits. Msg also sometimes doubles the points so please don't think that that is the official stat record for the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pot stirring?..not so sure with a comment like that....you just know he is that loony Dad on sideline yelling for his little princess to 'go to goal" every time she has the ball....
then sits on his hands and keeps deathly silent when the defense makes nice play or someone other than princess puts one in..

Just the typical parent who knows nothing about the sport. If he really understood lacrosse he would understand that defense will win games. The most important part of lacrosse today is midfielders playing defense. Transition lacrosse, shut down the offense with the ride, win the game. Simple, for those who know the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just the typical parent who knows nothing about the sport. If he really understood lacrosse he would understand that defense will win games. The most important part of lacrosse today is midfielders playing defense. Transition lacrosse, shut down the offense with the ride, win the game. Simple, for those who know the game.

And middies who can play defense are gold yet few and far between.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with MSG varsity stats is that they are reported by the winning teams coach. Now that coach may have a injured player that really doesn't care who did what in the game especially the other team so the stats are frequently wrong. Now if your coach is lucky enough to have a booster club that pays someone to do it for the team then it all depends on if they take the time to mark down caused turn overs or ground balls. They should also keep stats on how many 8m penalties a player commits. Msg also sometimes doubles the points so please don't think that that is the official stat record for the season.

Why is everybody so concerned about stats, look at he the Nassau stat leaders, only one girl plays in the power conference where it really counts. The rest would not have 1/4 of those points if they played in that conference. Stats are irrelevant watch the game and you will see!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your coach

It's team coach and then opposing coaches. It's a give and take. Depending on how well (or poorly) the team did, the team is then only entitled to a certain number of selections for each award.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on the guy is right. Besides the game is unwatchable. Who would ever play a position that can go an entire game without touching the ball. But great award Mary. BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a tough position trying to cover the best athletes on the field. Is it true the worst field players and the players that can not run become goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a mother of a high school defender I agree, just once it would be nice to be recognized.She works very hard as I'm sure many do.

We know who this mom is. Her poor daughter never gets any credit or recognition. We know we know everybodys been hearing it for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the seedings and brackets come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not obsessed with how many goals any individual has, poor sportsmanship is a pet peeve of mine. If a team outscored an overmatched opponent by more than 20 I generally have an issue ,if in a blowout an individual puts up an unnecessary amount of points I have an issue with that. My kid lays on a sub par team and regularly gets blown out by 20, its gets real old watching a few ball hogs on the other team score over and over. Get your lead put your back ups in and if they score so be it but to leave your starters or have a few ball hogs run up their numbers is ridiculous.

What if that ball hog won the draw, worked her butt of getting the ground balls and got knocked down a few times in the meantime?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What if that ball hog won the draw, worked her butt of getting the ground balls and got knocked down a few times in the meantime?

Ball hog is a ball hog. Not every player who scores a lot of goals is a ball hog. Everybody except the player and the players parents knows the difference. Some coaches apparently can't tell the difference either.

Selfish players will almost always hurt their team. The worst part about it is the player and the parents do not care. As long as they score goals everything is okay. The parents are usually non athletes or maybe played something in HS but thats about it. They do not understand the game so the only thing they can recognize is a goal. Selfish play is easy to spot and ugly to watch and is detrimental to the team.

There are some really great players who happen to score a lot of goals. They are not all ball hog. There are also some very selfish players who try to go to the goal as soon as they get the ball. They sometimes score a lot of goals but they are far from being good players. Worse than the standard run of the mill ball hog is the lazy player who also happens to be a ball hog. Start watching players when they do not have the ball. Watch them on both ends of the field. Watch them redefend. Watch when they are off ball (on offense and defense). Watch the effort, watch the communication, watch how they work and help their team. Then watch the ones who loaf around and wait for the ball. Watch the ones who start running with the ball every time they get it even when they should be passing. Watch the ones who try to run through three girls. It is easy to spot the ball hogs.
Good coaches will not put up with it. Bad coaches don't know what to do.

If your team has them good luck to you because the odds are that they will cost you when it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ball hog is a ball hog. Not every player who scores a lot of goals is a ball hog. Everybody except the player and the players parents knows the difference. Some coaches apparently can't tell the difference either.

Selfish players will almost always hurt their team. The worst part about it is the player and the parents do not care. As long as they score goals everything is okay. The parents are usually non athletes or maybe played something in HS but thats about it. They do not understand the game so the only thing they can recognize is a goal. Selfish play is easy to spot and ugly to watch and is detrimental to the team.

There are some really great players who happen to score a lot of goals. They are not all ball hog. There are also some very selfish players who try to go to the goal as soon as they get the ball. They sometimes score a lot of goals but they are far from being good players. Worse than the standard run of the mill ball hog is the lazy player who also happens to be a ball hog. Start watching players when they do not have the ball. Watch them on both ends of the field. Watch them redefend. Watch when they are off ball (on offense and defense). Watch the effort, watch the communication, watch how they work and help their team. Then watch the ones who loaf around and wait for the ball. Watch the ones who start running with the ball every time they get it even when they should be passing. Watch the ones who try to run through three girls. It is easy to spot the ball hogs.
Good coaches will not put up with it. Bad coaches don't know what to do.

If your team has them good luck to you because the odds are that they will cost you when it matters.

You described this perfectly especially about what ball hogs do off ball. I played in college and this is hardest type of player to watch or play with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know who this mom is. Her poor daughter never gets any credit or recognition. We know we know everybodys been hearing it for years

I was that mom too. I know how you feel.

And to the person who said the worst athletes (I'm paraphrasing) become goalies, maybe that's true in elementary school but is not at all true as the girls get older. No, my child is not a goalie. But if you can't move then you aren't much of a keeper.

Defense is its own skill set. My daughter now plays D in college and anyone with an experienced eye can see who the "true" defenders are versus who got moved back or is a middie coming back to defend. Those are the players that get beat time and again. They don't see the roll or the dodge coming, they have a tough time anticipating a slide (or even sliding, period), they don't see the open player, and they often get frustrated and then the hacks and pushes come. Everybody has a role to play. I once spoke to a dad I know whose daughter was a nationally recognized attacker and he told me "anyone can be a defender, you just have to stand there." I was flummoxed. That was so patently untrue and showed his bias toward the offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on the guy is right. Besides the game is unwatchable. Who would ever play a position that can go an entire game without touching the ball. But great award Mary. BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Like a football linebacker or defensive back???

I'm sure your daughter is fantastic, but can little Suzy handle not scoring? Do you not buy her a Slurpee like you used to when she scored a goal in PAL? Sad she needs the recognition of scoring a goal to validate herself in your eyes, doesn't get it enough at home or through her school work. That's why defenders are the most stable, well-grounded, kids on the team. Their self-esteem isn't validated by goals scored and dad's reaction to it. They understand the reward of hard work. What's going to happen when lacrosse ends, where will she turn with her esteem issues? Scary......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a tough position trying to cover the best athletes on the field. Is it true the worst field players and the players that can not run become goalies.
If you think being a goalie is just for the fat, slow, untalented kids than your toe fat slow untalented parent that never played a sport and was in a Glee club, and now you come on this thread because your kid might have some athletic ability in spite of your lack of it, and criticize real athletes. Gear up your little super star and see if she can face a 75-80 mph shot, or will she duck and run like most. Lets see if super Suzie can face down a girl 8 meters away and make a save. Can youShannon tell when a girl is going to go BTB and adjust and save. your a pathetic loser and like most of the "Super Stars" your kid will be sitting on the bench , hoping to see some field time by her sop year in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You learn at an early age if you are athletic,talented and can run the field. For the weaker ones,they become defenders.where else do you hide them.And for the real weak.Goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never seen or heard of the most talented ,athletic or fast girls deciding they want to be goalie.My daughter will never sit the bench.Worse comes to worse she will become a defender.BALL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You learn at an early age if you are athletic,talented and can run the field. For the weaker ones,they become defenders.where else do you hide them.And for the real weak.Goalie.

Wow.....dumbest post I've seen in a long time. The weak players play defense????? So lets look at the facts.... Playing 1v1 in girls lax is probably the hardest thing in girls lax. The officials call virtually every foul against the defenders despite the athletic/talented players running into double/triple teams, charging to goal etc. Your uninformed stupid post justifies that you are an a$$ hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, never put a week player on derfense, you will never win a tough game with week defenders.!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha! Some truth to that. Think back to Pal when you had to force kids to play goalie. My daughter would throw a tantrum when banished to defense! But, it does take a village, to make a great lax team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was always told,if something bothers you it is either true or a complete lie.If you are calling me a liar so be it.But if your daughter was a stud she wouldn't be playing d.Ballllllll.Now that's a fact Jill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you're like 12 right? BAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL, go hug your daughter jack@ss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha! Some truth to that. Think back to Pal when you had to force kids to play goalie. My daughter would throw a tantrum when banished to defense! But, it does take a village, to make a great lax team!

When my daughter gets put on defense on her travel team (8th grade), which is a very competitive A team, she knows she's not playing well and is being "punished".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been coaching girls lacrosse for a decade and I can tell you from first hand knowledge that you build a team from the goal out. I hide my weaker players on attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was always told,if something bothers you it is either true or a complete lie.If you are calling me a liar so be it.But if your daughter was a stud she wouldn't be playing d.Ballllllll.Now that's a fact Jill.

Here's a fact, Jack. If your stud had to play D she would get crushed and her team would hate her for letting so many offensive players go past her.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a [lacrosse] or a coach who has no understanding of the game or of athletics in general would put a week athlete on D. The only place to hide a week athlete on a lacrosse field is attack. The only parents who think it all about offense and scoring goals are the non athlete type who know nothing of competitive sports. A coach who puts week athletes on D will not win many championships. The parents who do not value defense worry more about how many goals their kid scores than they do about how the TEAM does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far from it you put your best athletes on D

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 214 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard